It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adultery - ruins everybody's lives.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

While you shouldn't cheat and hurt someone i hate it when people act like its rated up their with murder , rape and child molestation. Sorry its not even close to those things and any one who thinks so is very ignorant.

Some men have more testosterone than others and some study's even show that some people are more prone to cheat.

What i always find funny in these cheat conversation threads is I bet half the people in this thread are atheists. Your a atheists who is against cheating but its the way evolution made some of us.

If i have a overpowering natural urge to spread my seed why should i fight it? After all if you believe in evolution it made me this way!!! So get off your high horse.

People confuse sex with love, they are two totally different things.

Sex is like eating, drinking and using the bathroom, Its a natural process and expected to be done.

I also think its funny your suppose to be faithful to someone who isnt putting out!!

edit on 19-12-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm not surprised that you disagree. Obviously what I said is going to be a minority view, otherwise things would be different. I don't expect it to be popular.

I also think drugs should be legalised but most folk don't agree with me on that either.

Everyone is entitled to their views. And I never said all men think this way, I said I was speaking from a man's point of view. I have no idea if women enjoy a monogamous marriage. My wife says she is happy and has no inclination to have sex with another man. Which is fine for her, but I'm not sure if all women think like that.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calender

In fact, even in the most backward societies that have had no idea of the commands in the Bible, no formal training and what was right or wrong in God's eyes, still had the basic concepts of moral right and wrong. Murder, thievery, adultery, these are all almost universal wrongs in all cultures throughout all time periods. It is even as Paul said:

I'm nopt even going to bother replying to the other post which quoted me as they clearly arent getting what I was saying and probably never will. This however...is this you making a statement that societies that have no idea of the Bible are backwards? I really hope that's not what you're saying...but it looks to me that it might be.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune

In fact, even in the most backward societies that have had no idea of the commands in the Bible, no formal training and what was right or wrong in God's eyes, still had the basic concepts of moral right and wrong. Murder, thievery, adultery, these are all almost universal wrongs in all cultures throughout all time periods. It is even as Paul said:

I'm nopt even going to bother replying to the other post which quoted me as they clearly arent getting what I was saying and probably never will. This however...is this you making a statement that societies that have no idea of the Bible are backwards? I really hope that's not what you're saying...but it looks to me that it might be.

Can I say priests again ?

sorry couldn't resist

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

I'm not surprised that you disagree. Obviously what I said is going to be a minority view, otherwise things would be different. I don't expect it to be popular.

I also think drugs should be legalised but most folk don't agree with me on that either.

Everyone is entitled to their views. And I never said all men think this way, I said I was speaking from a man's point of view. I have no idea if women enjoy a monogamous marriage. My wife says she is happy and has no inclination to have sex with another man. Which is fine for her, but I'm not sure if all women think like that.

Let's take your suggestion in a different direction. ProDommes are legal, right? Going to see a Dominatrix technically is legal...now, ProDommes actually SAVE a lot of marriages. people may not agree, but it is completely true and I know this from experience. There may be a guy who cant get whatever it is he needs from his wife, maybe because she doesnt want anything to do with it, or he feels he cant tell her, or maybe he's afraid she'll leave him, That guy goes to a ProDomme to fullfill his need, otherwise he would be miserable and the couple would break up anyway, The rest of the relationship can be completely golden and why destroy such a thing because of that? There are simply just some things that a spouse will not be able to fullfill sometimes. What is wrong with doing that?

Its the same thing I suppose with prostitution, though to a lesser degree I think. While BDSM is a specific thing, just having lots of sex with different people is slightly different..in those cases, unless the spouse is ok with it, perhaps the man (or woman) should never have been married.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
monogamy: ruins lives

I guess in your case that would be true as your comment sounds like your one of the moraless and adultry is ok with you? It's sad how many people no a days cant keep there commitments as well as cheat lie and steal from starangers, family and friends.

link   

Even the most backward societies....There have been many societies that because of isolation from the rest of mankind, and from the laws and regulations given to the Israelites that became very, very backward. In the land of Canaan it was customary to burn your firstborn child in a fire to a demon god called Molech.

In many tribes on the African, European, and South American, and Central American continents, cannibalism was a common practice. The Aztecs ritually pulled the beating hearts out of live people. We could go on and on and on about all of the backward societies that have existed that had no moral code based on the laws and principles found in the Bible.

Even in today's modern society, those cultures are considered backwards. What you fail to realize is that you were raised in a world that the Bible has been well known, and your ancestors probably at one time even read it and tried to follow it to some degree. True religion has been abused by those in power for their evil ends, nevertheless the principles found in the Bible have founded modern Western Society, where you no longer see people burning their firstborns in fires to demon gods, and performing ritual cannibalism on rival tribes etc. Don't get me wrong, the wickedness that is prevalent in society bespeaks that we too live in a backwards society and that the attitude of the people alive today is just as the Proverb tells us:

(Proverbs 30:12) . . .There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes but that has not been washed from its own excrement.

link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
My college microbiology professor advanced an idea for us to ponder one day, and it really made us all think-

If human beings kept their virginity until they chose their partner for life, and stayed utterly faithful to that partner until death, "forsaking" all others, (and this is for homosexuals as well as heterosexual relationships)...then STD's, to include HIV, would completely be eradicated after one generational cycle.

For a microbiology professor, he was pretty dumb.

Some STDs can be inherited, and some can be contracted during the birthing process, and some can be caught from the mother while breast feeding, some can be propagated by contaminated immunisations and blood transfusions. Herpes can be caught without penetration occurring. Needlestick injuries and shared needled needles can cause new infections.

So no, world wide monogamy would not eliminate STDs.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sex is 'sacred', men and women in this society are both programmed to be whores, marriage these days is a joke. Beliefs and myths are all wrong, you are only what you 'want' to be, remember, A + B (always)= C, and nothing means anything except what you think it does. Don't be fooled by those who would destroy you.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Of course all women aren't like that, but sure... some are.

ker... I don't consider cheating murder, I just chose not to do it and would not stay in a relationship with someone who I found out had. If I decide to not put out because the relationship is going in a bad direction, he is free to do whatever he wants with his body because he doesn't have a claim on me and that is how I call a relationship over.

He may try to work it out, both may... without cheating. That's them. They may jump real fast and get other action, that's entirely different people. I didn't see anyone call it murder. It's a choice. You clearly don't have to choose it in society, but some do.

Who called it murder? Both abstinence and murder have been brought into this.

Stick a fork in it, this thread is done.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Can I say priests again ?

sorry couldn't resist

As to what is soon to happen to the clergy of Christendom and the rest of false religion please see the following worldwide warning:
The End of False Religion is Near

You have no complaints from me about the corruption you see going on in the clergy of Christendom, we've been exposing it for many many decades, long before you were probably aware of it.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by halfoldman

How sad for your friend's family.

If the friend was so "tempted," why not just give the spouse prior notice about said object of desire, discuss, and/or seek counseling? Marriage vows shouldn't be broken, but it is better to be open and honest than to put the spouse through the ultimate betrayal of the relationship and trust.

Unfortunately, the statistics of adultery are staggering. And as the above poster mentioned, it can be credited to a moral break-down.
edit on 18-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

I agree and what kinda of friend stands back know this informaton and lets it happen anyways? is this what friendship has come to today. Sorry I didnt mean for that to sound like i was attacking you, just trying to understand why friendship dosent mean the same thing it used to 10 years or 30 ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Even the most backward societies....There have been many societies that because of isolation from the rest of mankind, and from the laws and regulations given to the Israelites that became very, very backward. In the land of Canaan it was customary to burn your firstborn child in a fire to a demon god called Molech.

In many tribes on the African, European, and South American, and Central American continents, cannibalism was a common practice. The Aztecs ritually pulled the beating hearts out of live people. We could go on and on and on about all of the backward societies that have existed that had no moral code based on the laws and principles found in the Bible.

Even in today's modern society, those cultures are considered backwards. What you fail to realize is that you were raised in a world that the Bible has been well known, and your ancestors probably at one time even read it and tried to follow it to some degree. True religion has been abused by those in power for their evil ends, nevertheless the principles found in the Bible have founded modern Western Society, where you no longer see people burning their firstborns in fires to demon gods, and performing ritual cannibalism on rival tribes etc. Don't get me wrong, the wickedness that is prevalent in society bespeaks that we too live in a backwards society and that the attitude of the people alive today is just as the Proverb tells us:

(Proverbs 30:12) . . .There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes but that has not been washed from its own excrement.

Morality can exist without God or the bible. Just because these places and cultures did things we no longer consider acceptable, and they just happen to not know the bible,,,does not make a case for your elitist view on your religion. People have done many an awful thing in the name of god and the bible, and many religious people have been just as immoral. Don't forget that.

But really, thats a discussion for another thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I agree completely with your sentiment, but not with your actions. So somehow you found out and you took it upon yourself to tell someone else? It's really none of your personal business, yet you have decided to spread the destruction just a little further. You don't know all the motivations and issues in these people's lives. You don't know all the issues, yet you've taken it upon yourself to stir the pot. You've heard about casting the first stone, haven't you? Not good. Not good at all.

edit on 12/18/2010 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

You that sounds good on paper but my first wife cheated on me and my best friend knew all about it but thought like you did. I am no longer his friend cause he could have stoped alot of my pain before it went as far as it did but he didnt he thought like you. I married me 2nd wife while shes was 19 to say she was alittle immature is being nice and i came down with a cronic illiness she couldnt take it and started to messou did around with someone my neighbor knew, he came to me and said he shouldnt get involved but knows how much it hurts to go through this crap so he told me and I confronted my wife before she did anything and we talked it out, all the problems she had and the ones i had, and we havent been happier since.

Sometimes it takes a good friend to stop you from doing stupid things. Yah it may not be there business but if there really your friend they would be there to help you. flame if you want but ive seen this crap over and over, people that dont say anything and people that do. So people should ahve never got married some people jsut need alittle help to get theirs back on track.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Morality can exist without God or the bible.

But really, thats a discussion for another thread.

Actually, that was exactly what I said in my first post you commented on. If you agree with it, I don't see the reason to argue with it. It is even as Paul said:

(Romans 2:14-15) . . .For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. 15 They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused.

All societies throughout all time periods no matter how backward they were and are have always kept the same moral precepts. Universally murder, thievery, and adultery are considered wrong, whether or not a society has been exposed to God's views of rights or wrong.

Now if you really want to train your conscience properly, knowing that you have one you need to read the Bible, and it will guide your conscience so that you always know the right thing to do:

(Isaiah 30:21) . . .And your own ears will hear a word behind you saying: “This is the way. Walk in it, YOU people,” in case YOU people should go to the right or in case YOU should go to the left.

edit on 19-12-2010 by Calender because: remove extra quote

edited to add:

People have done many an awful thing in the name of god and the bible, and many religious people have been just as immoral. Don't forget that.

I recognized this in another post above as well. I will repost it here as it here:

As to what is soon to happen to the clergy of Christendom and the rest of false religion please see the following worldwide warning:
The End of False Religion is Near

You have no complaints from me about the corruption you see going on in the clergy of Christendom, we've been exposing it for many many decades, long before you were probably aware of it.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Calender because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by Calender because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by schuyler

I agree completely with your sentiment, but not with your actions. So somehow you found out and you took it upon yourself to tell someone else? It's really none of your personal business, yet you have decided to spread the destruction just a little further. You don't know all the motivations and issues in these people's lives. You don't know all the issues, yet you've taken it upon yourself to stir the pot. You've heard about casting the first stone, haven't you? Not good. Not good at all.

edit on 12/18/2010 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

I UTTERLY disagree.

Someone who is screwing around without the knowledge of their partner, is RISKING THAT PERSON'S LIFE.

They have every right to know.

I would rather lose of friend because I did the right thing than keep a friend and KILL or MAIM another person with inaction.

Ethics - apparently not for the weak.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Kudos!!
you never know what there picking up and bring back to you when they cheat. I would want to know.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
We should all be able to have sex as much as we desire with anyone we want.Marriage is just a loda BS and it doesn't mean anything in todays world.

We should just all become part of the New Secular Order and do as we like.We don't need religions or people with religious 'morals' to tell us how we should behave.

Casual sex should become the norm of society and everyone should enjoy it.

Why should we all just stick to one partner and pretend they have it all? As a man i find every beautiful woman unique in her own way and i don't mind tasting different types as it makes me really happy.

Why do people stress over cheating partners so much like they have murdered someone? How can you expect someone to just stick to you for decades? That just sounds pathetic and selfish!

Life is too short people, enjoy it!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't know about all this going outside for "needs" type of thing when you have a partner you are clearly not connected to... move on, because in my opinion- sex is weirdest and most serious when it's between two people who are mentally connected. Those who aren't, It's just copulation. Some love mere copulation... it's not for everyone. I have done it... while sober and drunk. It's felt kind of uninspired no matter how creative it got. Sex with someone you are mentally bonded with however is strangely sincere and very personal. If you don't have chemistry and electricity with your spouse, something is wrong or you are simply not in it for love. Some are ok with that. Some have chemistry with multiple people. I cannot and chose not do direct my attention to two different people. I think it easier to make a decision and reserve my energies for one person. If anyone likes the paid mistress better and has chemistry with that gal, perhaps it is here that one should choose over their current spouse... or maybe not- who cares? Everyone speaks for themselves. I chase after what makes me think I could have a lasting and monogamous relationship. My personal choice. It's what excites me the most and makes me the happiest. I am not alone. Each to their own.
edit on 19-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleksander

Religion and marriage have no future.

Get over it and stop being ignorant.

Enlighten yourself with secularism/atheism.That's the future!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
I don't know about all this going outside for "needs" type of thing when you have a partner you are clearly not connected to... move on, because in my opinion- sex is weirdest and most serious when it's between two people who are mentally connected. Those who aren't, It's just copulation. Some love mere copulation... it's not for everyone. I have done it... while sober and drunk. It's felt kind of uninspired no matter how creative it got. Sex with someone you are mentally bonded with however is strangely sincere and very personal. If you don't have chemistry and electricity with your spouse, something is wrong or you are simply not in it for love. Some are ok with that. Some have chemistry with multiple people. I cannot and chose not do direct my attention to two different people. I think it easier to make a decision and reserve my energies for one person. If anyone likes the paid mistress better and has chemistry with that gal, perhaps it is here that one should choose over their current spouse... or maybe not- who cares? Everyone speaks for themselves. I chase after what makes me think I could have a lasting and monogamous relationship. My personal choice. It's what excites me the most and makes me the happiest. I am not alone. Each to their own.
edit on 19-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

This is great, what a lucky person you are, you have it all.

I'm just thinking though, worst case senario, your partner gets ill and dies, gets knocked down by a bus and is a cripple, turns out to be infertile when you decide to have children, runs off with somebody who won the lottery, decides they don't care for you any longer.

Things can chnage and if you invest everything into one person it can backfire on you.

Just saying

edit to add: all these things have happened to people I know
edit on 19-12-2010 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join