It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Muslims/Islam on ATS - where does it come from?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gogs247
I think there may possibly be a general feeling of hatred toward Muslims throughout the Western world as a result of their habit to blow themselves up whilst surrounded by innocent men, women and children.

Just a hunch!

You mean like all Christians molest children?

Do you see why generalizing a whole people based on the actions of a tiny minority is wrong? If not, go look up "racist" and "bigot" in a dictionary.

And before you reply with the standard "buhu, playing the race card" answer...I can call you a racist if you make moronic statements like that! If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...well, guess what...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It comes from the fact that we know what they are up to.

They are on a take-over-the-world mission, and presently they are winning.
They already have Britain nailed down and are working on Europe.
Next it will be the US.

They come here and they want us to change our ways to suit them.
They should all go back where they came from.

Also we are angry that they complain that our traditional ways offend them and they want us to bend to their likes. Currently it is our Traditional Christmas that offends them. And so many businesses do not put up Christmas Trees nor decorate their strees. And it is not PC to say "Merry Christmas" andy more.

Oh Where Oh Where are Ferdinand and Isabella when we need them?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

lol, i am sure ill get knocked for this but .......*COUGH* BRAVO ..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I think there may possibly be a general feeling of hatred toward Muslims throughout the Western world as a result of their habit to blow themselves up whilst surrounded by innocent men, women and children.

Just a hunch!

You mean like all Christians molest children?

Do you see why generalizing a whole people based on the actions of a tiny minority is wrong? If not, go look up "racist" and "bigot" in a dictionary.

And before you reply with the standard "buhu, playing the race card" answer...I can call you a racist if you make moronic statements like that! If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...well, guess what...

Don't get so agressive - the question asked why - I just answered why I THOUGHT there is a hatred toward muslims. Are you one of those people that is never happy until everyone thinks your way and one who just insults everyone with a different opinion?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Originally posted by OhZone
It comes from the fact that we know what they are up to.

They are on a take-over-the-world mission, and presently they are winning.
They already have Britain nailed down and are working on Europe.
Next it will be the US.

ever stop and wonder if maybe its GOD? no no that cant be ,so their is one big conspiracy to turn everyone Muslim?

They come here and they want us to change our ways to suit them.
They should all go back where they came from.

really dude ? so when has their ever been a Muslim campaign to change your ways?

Also we are angry that they complain that our traditional ways offend them and they want us to bend to their likes. Currently it is our Traditional Christmas that offends them. And so many businesses do not put up Christmas Trees nor decorate their strees. And it is not PC to say "Merry Christmas" andy more.

Oh Where Oh Where are Ferdinand and Isabella when we need them?

wow well i guess ill just stop complaining about them darn Christmas trees ?
but let me ask you why would Christmas offend them ? they dont hate christ ,infact the believe he was a prophet ,and they honnor him , so what was that you were saying ?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gogs247

does it not hold true that your doing exactly what you speak ? everyone on ATS wants to be right ? is it not in the nature of us to do this ?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gogs247

Well, you said THEY had a habit of blowing themselves up, as if all Muslims or the majority are terrorists.

Let's have a look at the numbers, shall we?

There's 1.5bil Muslims in the world. For the past few years (apart from 2001), around 200-600 people die yearly due to terrorist attacks. That includes ALL terrorist attacks, not just Muslim terrorist attacks. But for the fun of it, let's just say they're all caused by Muslims. Between 600 and 6,000 people get wounded in attacks per year. The total number of yearly attacks is around 200-400. Now, most attacks are relatively small in scale, and consist of roadside bombs or smaller groups of terrorists (like the 911 attacks). But for the sake of playing a numbers game, let's just say they ALWAYS need 1,000 people to make a single attack.

1,000 (terrorists) x 400 (attacks) = 400,000 terrorists

In my opinion, this number is probably still too high given that many terrorists are in Afghanistan/Iraq currently fighting the US, and we've only managed to kill around 25-30k of them so far...in 10 years. But whatever, let's just say there's 400,000 terrorist, or let's round it up to 500,000 to make the following calculation easier.

500,000 (terrorists) / 1,500,000,000 (Muslims) = 0.3%

So even if my figure is off, the % of terrorists as % of Muslims probably won't go over 1%. Even if I'm off by a factor of x10, it would still only be 3% of all Muslims. And keep in mind I already allocated 1,000 people per attack...a pretty ridiculous number considered the relatively low number of yearly terrorist deaths.

Of course there's people who are sympathetic to the terrorists' cause to some degree...but those people aren't terrorists. Just like a racist bigot sitting infront of his computer in the US laughing at that video showing US soldiers killing innocent civilians from a helicopter isn't a terrorist or guilty of committing the same crimes as those soldiers.

So just looking at the numbers, saying "they have the habit of blowing themselves up" is VERY misleading as only a small minority does stuff like that. You don't call all Christians child molesters either just because a minority molests children, no?

edit on 17-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It is called perception!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
reply to post by Snickersman

i can tell you how Islam sees thees figures

the Qur' an is a complete and original compilation of the final revelation from god to mankind through the last prophet Muhammad peace be upon him . the Qu ran has essentially three qualities that make it universal .Firstly ,it is a masterpiece of immense literary value. secondly ,though its message is continuation of that contained in the earlier revelations made to Abraham ,Moses,David and Jesus ,yet this message has sense of fulfillment and originally that attracts toward it Jews Christians and Muslims alike ,Finally, it has a wealth of information -both worldly wisdom and intellectual conceptions -witch provides the code of life for mankind

they see them as prophets ,their is a simple saying and it never made sens to me untill recently .

and it goes , their is no god but god ! so their is only you and god and know one inbetween
You wrote that quote yourself!I can tell by the annoying way that you keep spelling which-''witch''.Your posts stink of brainwashing(wonder why?)If you had to live amonst these people you would realise that they aren't at all loving or even pleasent.Due to the liberal mind police political correctness of the west of course people are turning to ATS and other forums to vent their frustration,say anything which might upset these sensitive little muslim souls in real life and the law will come down on you like a ton of bricks!Yet these people come to our country,refuse to integrate at all,preach hate and conquer on our street corners,disrupt dead soldiers bodies arriving home and even spit on poppies etc. etc.etc.If they love their arab sharia law countries please,please ,please return to them!
edit on 17/12/2010 by glen200376 because: typo

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It is called perception!

Not really, it's pretty clear that if you condemn a whole people based on the actions of a tiny minority, it's called racism.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

There's disagreeing, debating, condemning, and then there's hating, those are completely different things.

If you hate Islam, you either don't know it well enough, or you're simply somewhat immature.
Same goes for whoever hates Arabs, Israel, Jews, Americans, Iran, etc.

Children 'hate', adults converse (at least ideally).

Let's stop being children.

Oh and by the way, usually in these matters there is no right or wrong. It is never that simple.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It is called perception!

Not really, it's pretty clear that if you condemn a whole people based on the actions of a tiny minority, it's called racism.

Racism is against a group of people based on their skin color or other such things, not religion.

the term you're looking for is religious persecution

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It is called perception!

If you are refering to my post you need to read it again, unless you are just an argumentative person

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gogs247

It is called perception!

It's called ignorance.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Eliad because: Added the quote..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

yes you are correct i did write the quote my self ,and i pulled it right off the intro to the Qur'an , and what makes you think this country belongs to you ? are we not all children of this great mother earth ? and you say living with Muslims ? no no my good man i have not had the honor to yet but i am guessing you have ? and it was most likly while you were at war ? correct me if i am wrong ,but i am sure if you invade a country i am sure the inhabitants are not going to make living situations luxurious ? and you say they desecrate the returning body's of fallen soldiers? where is the proof behind this ? what about the WBC and all the protesting they do at funerals , i wonder how life would be lived in such a harsh climate ? heh

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

ok ? lol

second

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It is called perception!

If you are refering to my post you need to read it again, unless you are just an argumentative person

Well, it has nothing to do with perception...did you mistype?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The anti-muslim views come from the media and viral msgs, just to remind everybody that muslims are bad and terrorists. thats just my opinion of course.

A conversation with my friend tonight-

me - not all muslims are terrorists

Him - but all terrorists are muslims!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Your wrong about the Muslims belief in Jesus hes just one of 12 listed in the Qur'an by name but there were thousands. Having lived in the middle east for 2 years i can tell you they really dont care about Jesus at all.
Even though they credit him with with being a messenger from Allah they feel his message doesn't apply to them and in fact believe it only applies to the people of the book (Jews). So in reality he was a minor messenger seeing as his message was only for 1 group as apposed to Muhammad who was a messenger for man kind.

So Yes there is a lot of hatred towards Jesus mostly pent up with there hatred of Jews. Isnt religion wonderful?? Oh and heres a Quote from the Qur'an excusing Them from having to abide by Jesus and his teachings. Also it gets rid of that whole resurrection and savior part (the reason Christmas is celebrated i might add). So thats why Christmas is banned in the middle East it contradicts the Qu'ran.

Qur'an, 4:157-159
That they said , "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

If I had invaded their country I would have no complaints-I am on about what feels like an invasion of my country!The area where I live has been invaded!The muslim neighbours are not even civil.as for them speying their hate they routinely do this as our soldiers are repatriated,flying their hate filled banners and raving like madmen.if I did this about wanting muslims dead I would be arrested,yet they are foreign nationals and can do this without fear of punishment in my country?political correctness gone mad!A quick google search will find you many instances of muslim preaching hate on uk sreets.I for one will not hold my tongue to these people,i have no fear of being called a bigot(it takes one to know one)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join