It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Muslims/Islam on ATS - where does it come from?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There is no one way to explain why a person or a group of people would have hatred or dislike for others. Many people don't like Muslim immigrants in Europe because they feel there more and more Muslims then the nationals in the country as well how Muslims and other minorities are having the laws placed in their favors.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
I have been reading a thread about a news item from Austria - about a yodelling angry lawn-mowing man. I have utterly shocked by the fear and loathing of Muslims/Islam in that thread.
If people were to make the same type of remarks about Jews, they'd be pounced on so fast their heads would spin.
It's utter and blatant racism that makes me want to vomit in my mouth.
I have to explain my points of view.
I am a Christian, and an ardent pacifist. I have Muslim friends and colleagues. I live in New Zealand - and here most Muslims are refugees from Somalia, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan...
Does this (largely American) hatred and fear of Islam and Muslims come from fear (after 9/11), ignorance or from the kind of propaganda that Fox News is so famous for...
(I apologise if I have put this thread in the wrong place - I am a comparative newcomer, and I don't know the best place.)
Vicky

Mostly, the only real christians you will find in america are the Amish. What has caught on in america is something called Prosperity Gospel .
Which pretty much goes against what Jesus actually taught. Most of the preachers that are preaching Prosperity Theology never even read from the bible. They will also go further and distort views in favor and support of certain political candidates. A lot of Christians in the United States, never even read their bible, they solely go by what their preacher tells them. This may be another small piece to a larger puzzle you seek to put together.
edit on 6-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
I have been reading a thread about a news item from Austria - about a yodelling angry lawn-mowing man. I have utterly shocked by the fear and loathing of Muslims/Islam in that thread.
If people were to make the same type of remarks about Jews, they'd be pounced on so fast their heads would spin.
It's utter and blatant racism that makes me want to vomit in my mouth.
I have to explain my points of view.
I am a Christian, and an ardent pacifist. I have Muslim friends and colleagues. I live in New Zealand - and here most Muslims are refugees from Somalia, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan...
Does this (largely American) hatred and fear of Islam and Muslims come from fear (after 9/11), ignorance or from the kind of propaganda that Fox News is so famous for...
(I apologise if I have put this thread in the wrong place - I am a comparative newcomer, and I don't know the best place.)
Vicky

Where have you been lately, they make fun and insult Christians and Jews all the time, even here on the ATS. AS for muslims, they follow a book that says kill everyone who is not like you. I think it's more mistrust of a people who are taught in their holy book to pretend to be the friend of their enemy until they have such power and numbers to overcome and kill them. You will never know if a muslim is a friend or foe. Once the cleric says kill, they kill. When they say riot and destroy, they riot and destroy. Their faith is so weak that they get all hysterical over drawings and slogans, and the presence of any other faith around them. I could go on and on but that's my tid bit on the matter.

It's not hatred, it's instinctive survivalist mistrust of a true hate group.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985

Mostly, the only real christians you will find in america are the Amish. What has caught on in america is something called Prosperity Gospel .
Which pretty much goes against what Jesus actually taught. Most of the preachers that are preaching Prosperity Theology never even read from the bible. They will also go further and distort views in favor and support of certain political candidates. A lot of Christians in the United States, never even read their bible, they solely go by what their preacher tells them. This may be another small piece to a larger puzzle you seek to put together.

Thanks, that's very interesting information... (I can see that point of view becoming popular here, but thank God
it's still very much a minority view!
Vicky

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join