It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning's health deteriorating in jail, supporters say (WL)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You spent a lot of time getting nothing done here.
No he didn't publish them, I said that to correct you because you are in fact wrong.

Doesn't matter if I know you, you haven't done anything on this scale and it had to take guts. Probably more than I could muster.

You said it cost lives, and asked for proof. My statement that it likely saved lives, is not that same as yours because It likely did, but I didn't state it as fact. They aren't fighting for our freedom, they have exposed corruption. No one has died from these cables, it is past info and they redact names if they think there is a danger to a specific person.

I don't know if you have a real reason for your position on this. What does it matter to you?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How did he betray the country?
Yeah, he definitely betrayed the government, but the country? That is yet to be seen. I certainly don't feel betrayed.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
You spent a lot of time getting nothing done here.

Explain that statement. Again .. you know nothing about me. At this time in my life I have health issues - glaucoma, heart issues, autoimmine issues, and recently cancer twice. I'm stuck in the home right now. You have NO IDEA what I've done in my life. And even the smallest of the good things I've done in my life is better than what this guy has done. I didn't lie, steal, or commit treason just so a bunch of sheeple would fall for me.

No he didn't publish them, I said that to correct you because you are in fact wrong.

When he stole them he knew they would be published. Again - that makes him just as guilty.

Doesn't matter if I know you,

It most certainly does. You make blanket statements about people you don't know just because they disagree with you. Blanket statements ... tsk tsk tsk

you haven't done anything on this scale and it had to take guts.

1 - Sure it takes guts to be a liar, a thief, and a traitor to your country. That doesn't make it right.
2 - Again .. you don't know me. You have no idea what I've done or not done.
3 - Nothing on this scale .. okay .. you are right .. I have never been a liar, a thief, and a traitor as big as this wingnut.

What does it matter to you?

What does it matter to YOU? This is a discussion board. It's open for discussion.
Sheeple praising this NWO tool ... that's just stupid .. and I am saying so.
THAT is why it matters to me. Not that my reasons are any of your business ....
edit on 12/17/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

How did he betray the country?.

Asked and answered. He blew apart diplomatic missions that have been in the works for years. He blew apart the trust that countries were building together behind the scenes. He exposed where China stands on North Korea, and so now China won't be as quick to work with us against the rogue N. Koreans whereas previously the Chinese would have. This idiot took away diplomatic power from the soverign countries and handed it to the NWO. And still the sheeple call him a hero.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I don't care if you support WL or not...what Bradley Manning did was treason. He handed over classified information to a foreign individual who is now spreading that information on the net.

I have no sympathy for the idiot...he made his choice...now he should be man enough to face the consequences.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Freed on bail from a London jail, Julian Assange said this morning that WikiLeaks by its very nature does not know the identities of its sources, and that he never conspired with the U.S. Army private who is the alleged source of classified U.S. Embassy cables, which WikiLeaks then passed on to other media organizations.

Appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America," the founder of WikiLeaks said, "I had never heard of the name Bradley Manning before it was published in the press. Wikileaks' technology [was] designed from the very beginning to make sure that we never know the identities or names of people submitting us material. That is, in the end, the only way the sources can be guaranteed that they remain anonymous, as far as we are concerned."
www.cbsnews.com...
To that end, Assange also denied that he had solicited any material from Manning or others, or had helped in the taking of material classified secret by the U.S. government.

I find it hard to believe he doesn't know any of his sources.
edit on 113131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A Retired US Air Force Lt. Colonel was working as a civilian for the Pentagon and gave China US Top Secret information.

He got a slap on the wrist of only 3 months in jail.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Bureau of Prisons website says he will be released in November of 2012.

They are holding him in Pennsylvania at a plush Low Security Federal Prison.

He gets visitations, had lots of recreational activities, enjoys getting mail, he is allowed to kiss and hold visitors. He is allowed to work for UNICOR while there and makes money. He can make $2-10 an hour and even can make overtime pay while in prison. They even have a program to award inmates there "Lump Sum Awards" if you act good. He has a Commissary to shop in.

He can play billiards, they have a nice card game area to use.There are music classes and there is even a art room he can use. He can even use the Trulinics computer system to send messages to people via computer.

www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/alf/ALF_aohandbook.pdf

Look at how America treats US Military Officers who leaked Classified Information to China for $$$$$$$$$

Now look at how America treats that young enlisted boy who leaked Classified Information because his country was illegally killing innocent people.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by wcitizen

Well.. at least these leaks aim to put people like the ones you just described in the hot seat.

Exactly, and I think they are being put in the hot seat more than the public is aware. There are quite a few reports around on the net saying the cables have sent shockwaves through the world, and the cabal is really smarting.

Bradley Manning, if he was responsible, is a true hero.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by wcitizen

Army personel are people too and should be treated as such regardless of the crimes they have apperently commited. It seem s a bit odd that the usa will go half way round the world in the name of democracy and human rights and then treat its own like this.
Evidently the truth does need to be exposed...

kx

Yes, and I bet they are mad that Assange got bail. I've no doubt they would have tried to pressure UK into keeping him in solitary and incommunicado.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Asked and answered. He blew apart diplomatic missions that have been in the works for years. He blew apart the trust that countries were building together behind the scenes. He exposed where China stands on North Korea, and so now China won't be as quick to work with us against the rogue N. Koreans whereas previously the Chinese would have. This idiot took away diplomatic power from the soverign countries and handed it to the NWO. And still the sheeple call him a hero.

These weren't diplomatic missions, what the US describes as 'diplomacy' clearly involves bribery, coercion, furthering corporate interests, back room deals, blackmail, cover up of corporate crime and back stabbing, and perverting the course of justice, collecting DNA, passwords, personal credit card details of allies. What it calls 'war' is wholesale butchery of innocent civilians.

Bradley Manning honored the constitution not the criminals. For that he is a hero.
edit on 17-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Uhmm, no, your mother isn't displaying responsibility. She is being subservent or obedient. She has a responsibility to the truth and well being of your countryment which she is ignoring.

You, on the other hand, were showing responsibility by not volunteering in the first place. You show responsibility there for your actions and deserve credit for that. Your mom by just doing what she's told is giving over responsibility to someone else.

It seems to me servicemen are increasingly being faced with a choice between the constitution and the criminal government. They can't serve both, so they are being faced with a choice. They are in a very difficult position. Manning chose the constitution.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
How is he being "mistreated"? Compare his treatment to a soldier in the field.

He gets three square meals a day. The soldier gets MREs.
He is in a controlled environment. Ths soldier eats sand 24/7.
He lives inside where the temperature is constant. The soldier lives in a tent where it ranges from 30 to 120 degrees.
He has a running toilet and sanitation. The soldier pees in a latrine if he's lucky.
He's got more correspondence from well wishers than he can read. The soldier? Good luck with that.
He's not being physically harmed in any way. The soldier gets shot at constantly.
His life is not physically gruling. The soldier wears body armor and packs several dozen poubds of equipment.
He gets his meds. The soldier might get advil.

Poor, poor Manning. You people want to treat him like a cute little puppy. He's a 120 pound wuss who never should have been allowed in the Army in the first place. he has been in constant trouble, including for fighting, which got him busted a rank. Poor, poor Manning, a homosexual pizza parlor home boy in the big bad Army who is having 'trouble adjusting' and had a spat with his boyfriend. Awwww!

Can you imagine what would have happened to him had he been in the Russian Army, the Chinese Army, or the Iranian Army? He would have been taken out back and shot on the spot. Only in America do we treat criminals as heroes.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Have to agree completely with OutKast's post above. Manning is accused of taking confidential government information, which is considered a crime; he knew damn well what he was getting into. I don't feel bad for him, it was a stupid decision.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Theres not much to be done here. What he did was illegal. He'll be found guilty. He'll do time.

When you sign the things he signed you know the consequences. Thats necessary or everything that needs to be protected would leak out like a sieve. Personally I think leaking what he did in the way he did was foolish.

Its different with wikileaks. They took no oath. Their duty as journalists is to publish what they are given. Thats how a free society is supposed to function and needs to function.

There is no intellectual problem with supporting the right for wikileaks to function unmolested and simultaneously accepting seeing manning imprisoned.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is,he knew what he was doing and he knew what would happen to him if he was found out.

Everyone has choices in life.

He made a choice.

I personally am glad that he took the information and made it available.

I am tired of the back room deals and corruption in the worlds ruling elite/politicians.

I am retired military and I personally witnessed and have knowledge of the way the world is REALLY ran.

It disgusts me to no end.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

When I said you have done nothing here. It was in regards to your last post not your life.

The rest is just pointless to argue.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by FlyersFan

These weren't diplomatic missions, what the US describes as 'diplomacy' clearly involves bribery, coercion, furthering corporate interests, back room deals, blackmail, cover up of corporate crime and back stabbing, and perverting the course of justice, collecting DNA, passwords, personal credit card details of allies. What it calls 'war' is wholesale butchery of innocent civilians.

Bradley Manning honored the constitution not the criminals. For that he is a hero.

This, what wcitizen said is exactly right. This is why Manning isn't a thief and traitor. The government owns NOTHING. He brought this corruption to the American people. He is protecting us from a government gone wild, out of our control. He served us more in leaking this information than he ever could have dying in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I did a little background research and came upon the conversations Bradley Manning had with Adrian Lamo (the one who turned him in).

Manning Chats (Wired.com)

After reading this, it came to my attention that Manning had difficulties during his time in the military. Anyone who has served has known people who have had difficulties in the military (reductions in rank), and it's not at all uncommon for them to be angry with the military. However, he did seem true with his intentions to do what he believes was the right thing.

Regardless of what Manning's intentions were. He committed treason and will face a military trial.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Styki because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
my thoughts...the information he leaked , some of it was sensitive and could possbily get people killed in the field. He is responsible for any and all deaths that occur for that. The act of taking the information and passing it on to a foriegn national is epsionage, theft and treason. The deaths that occur are murder. So logically, he is a spy, a thief, a murder, and a traitor. Add in that he is in the army, none of these charges will be brought into civilian court, it will all be done in the military. If he is found guilty, you wont have to worry about his well being for long. All of his crimes save the theft are punishable by death.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They will kill him before he gets to trial. Exposing the lies gets you killed. Supporting the lies makes you a patriot. Denounce him and you are not just a Nazi, but a Nazi leader.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join