It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning's health deteriorating in jail, supporters say (WL)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
yes it is not mannings fault and i have explained why... your reply.. to give you a break!.. some reply that was.. must have required lots of thought on your behalf...
yes have a break...go sit in the corner and have a kit kat and come back when you have something of sustenance....

kx

So, according to you, Manning is innocent as the driven snow of:

Stealing classified information

Leaking classified information

If the death of a US Serviceman or Ally occurs from his actions, he's innocent of that, too.

Yep, no such thing as personal responsibility here.

And you know what you can do with your kit-kat, Child.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

An Oath to Serve and Protect the COUNTRY not the government.

I, _____, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Cowards shot down civilians, reporters and children. What did they get for committing such hateful crimes? You tear up when we mention 9/11 and yet you care for nothing of these "casualties of war", this is because you have a one sided perspective.

But now answer me this... what if you had been born there? Do you seriously think you'd be rooting for the US army? ...you're no different then your enemy. That's why people like me are able to appreciate the actions of 'individuals' such as Manning.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Look, you dont have to be a vetran to ZOOM A VIDEO. I highly recommend you pay attention to what is in the video, rather than the crap found at the site afterward, which as you are probably more than aware can be augmented after an incident.
Besides which, carrying an AK doesnt make you a terrorist. Especialy in a nation where journalism is frowned on massively and those who undertake it often have to hire protection.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by purplemer

Oh really! Please elaborate on all the "lies" and "deceptions" that Wikileaks has exposed? I am just dying to read all about it.

Wikileaks work as free jounral press and have a history of expoing lies and deception..
A less well known incident worthy of report

The governmental and corporate document leaking site, Wikileaks, has been awarded Amnesty International's New Media Award, for its role in the production of the revelatory document, "Kenya: The Cry of Blood - Report on Extra-Judicial Killings and Disappearances, Sep 2008". The attribution of this award is indicative of recognition of the work done by the site by bodies similarly concerned by the exposure of human rights abuses. Moreover, the accolade should function as an alert to the mainstream press to the exisitence of a penetrative and useful journalistic resource. The report was based on evidence provided by Kenya National Commission on Human Rights, which suggested that more than 500 men were killed or made to disappear in a police campaign. As expressed by Wikileaks, this may have been 'with the connivance' of the Kenyan Government. The document is not publicly available in Kenya. On Friday, a UN special rapporteur investigating the events called for the resignation of the top Kenyan officials, emphasising the political significance of the evidence revealed in the report, and the utility of the online resource in global campaigns for social justice.

source -www.editorsweblog.org...

other more notable issue covered...

Scientology exposed - "the collected secret 'bibles' of Scientology"

BNP membership list released

Afghan War logs - Talk of torture, the death of civilians and a multitude of cover-up

Sarah Palin's email account gets hacked - According to information given to Wikileaks, Palin was using her private Yahoo account to send work messages – a minor faux pas, but one that is strictly forbidden when you're part of the US government

Climate 'research - The documents apparently showed that information which didn't fit with current climate change theories (that it is bad) was suppressed.

Diplomatic crisis - were we are now...

source: www.techradar.com...

and there is plenty more...
as for reading it.. I doubt you will. .. opinions are cheap...

kx

edit on 17-12-2010 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by wcitizen
Whatever.

Don't put too much thought into your posts.

Well, I only do that when I consider it worthwhile.

If Manning had a legit complaint, there are ways of going about reporting it, and leaking it to Wikileaks wasn't the way.

Yes, and he would have been heard! Lol! You obviously know the military well!
edit on 17-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Is it really that clear cut...
Under american law IF found guilty... then evidently he has broken the law..
Now what if it turns out the governement he has leaked on... has broken the law and that he has expoed this..
what position would he be in then.. does your government not have a right of duty to its citizens.. Remember you are citizens not subjects. Do you think the people of the America would have wanted to go to war had they been presented with the facts. Do you think America would have wanted to go to war if you had a free press reporting on these issues.
Regardless of what law have or might have been broken, This is a person we are talking about that cared enough for what he saw around him to try and change it... he does not deserve to be treated the way he is...

and yep i know what i can do with the kit kat

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Look, you dont have to be a vetran to ZOOM A VIDEO. I highly recommend you pay attention to what is in the video, rather than the crap found at the site afterward, which as you are probably more than aware can be augmented after an incident.

I saw the video. I saw AKs, I saw an RPG. And an AAR isn't "crap", that's a report from the Soldiers there on the ground, not someone looking at the video.

Besides which, carrying an AK doesnt make you a terrorist. Especialy in a nation where journalism is frowned on massively and those who undertake it often have to hire protection.

"Hired protection"? Now, that's the first time I've heard that here on ATS.
And a very reasonable explanation for those dudes carrying weapons.

SM2

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by SM2

Ok so what about all the people in government that are shown to have committed crimes in these cables? What of the people that lied to get us into war? Are they also guilty of murder in your opinion?

Yes they are guilty. two wrongs however, do not make a right. But I guess that threes lefts do...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

I saw the video. I saw AKs, I saw an RPG. And an AAR isn't "crap", that's a report from the Soldiers there on the ground, not someone looking at the video.

"Hired protection"? Now, that's the first time I've heard that here on ATS.
And a very reasonable explanation for those dudes carrying weapons.

they werent just carrying weapons, they were carrying weapons just a few blocks from some intense fighting, thats why the Apache crew was on alert inthe first place. Based on some of what I read, they got smoke just before preparing to fire on a US convoy, with the reporters embedded with the terrorists to get that prize winning shot.

You lay with dogs you get fleas.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by SirMike

Yeah they found one rpg on the scene and was it 2 ak-47's? However they weren't isurgents engaged in combat in that area. That whole thing about intense fighting in the area was a lie. That's what US military told but the fact was that there was a separate incident something like 30 minutes ago and nowhere close to that spot. Also I highly recommend you watch the whole video when they start to shoot at the guy who tries to help the wounded journalist.

edit on 17/12/2010 by PsykoOps because: added reply to

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Not according to Washington Post reporter David Finkle:

What's helpful to understand is that, contrary to some interpretations that this was an attack on some people walking down the street on a nice day, the day was anyting but that. It happened in the midst of a large operation to clear an area where US soldiers had been getting shot at, injured, and killed with increasing frequency. What the Reuters guys walked into was the very worst part, where the morning had been a series of RPG attacks and running gun battles.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by purplemer
He is being like an animal, kept in solidatary confinement and not even allowed a pillow or tv...

He has destroyed diplomatic processes that have taken years to put together. He has probably gotten people who were working for freedom in the field killed. He's taken diplomatic negotiation power away from soverign nations and have enabled the NWO with more power.

There's no proof that any of the things you've mentioned are true. Whether he's a thief or traitor depends on who you ask. Our founding fathers did not envision a government to hold secrets from the people. These leaks have not jeopardized our countries defense, but has given our government a black eye and embarrassed them to the world on their sleazy diplomacy. Why should any kind of diplomacy on behalf of it citizens be kept secret? As an open democratic society, the people should accept no less. Our U.S. government has pointed it's finger in the past at communist governments who control their media, and keep government diplomacy secret from their people. Yet now you're defending the same thing that we as a free and open society deplore! Lets face it, we are losing more freedoms by the day, and it's not the result of our government being transparent to its citizens. Nobody likes a backstabber, and this is exactly what some of these "secret so-called U.S. diplomacy leaks were all about".

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Yeah that's exactly the lie I was talking about. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You're right. Let the military, government, and every agency related therein, classify anything they want to as top secret information. Then, when somebody exposes any sort of corruption or scandal within these organizations, that person can immediately be branded a thief and a traitor, while the government or military simply gets away with it.

There needs to be some sort of distinguishing factor involved with situations like Wikileaks and Bradley Manning. Did Manning sell this information in an attempt to get rich and betray his country before planning to defect to China? Get real. Manning was just some kid who wanted to support what he believed to be a noble cause, the same cause that many, many other people believe to be noble as well. He isn't some kind of double agent here.
edit on 18-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It was front page on one of the uk papers today that manning was being toturtued so that he would give the american government assanges name..

kx

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is disgusting.

US Offering Manning Deal to Testify Against Assange

news.antiwar.com...

The Obama Administration is reportedly offering a possible plea bargain to the detained Pfc Bradley Manning, if he agrees to testify against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange that Assange pressured him to release the various classified documents.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
This is disgusting.

US Offering Manning Deal to Testify Against Assange

news.antiwar.com...

The Obama Administration is reportedly offering a possible plea bargain to the detained Pfc Bradley Manning, if he agrees to testify against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange that Assange pressured him to release the various classified documents.

Please, for the love of God and everything that is holy, if this bit of news right here doesn't pimp smack readers in the face like they're some two dollar whore and wake them up to how the US government acts, wtf will!?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is not the Peoples Republic of China.

We should not have to hide anything from the people. If we do have to then our government is doing something it shouldn't. Transparency is the only way mankind will be free of oppression.

If they are doing nothing to harm mankind then they should have nothing to worry about.

Just like when so many on the extreme bootlicking right say about the citizens privacy being taken away through wiretapping and surveillance they always say: "I am doing nothing wrong and have nothing to hide let them watch me its for my own safety.

Now the second someone exposes the governments privacy they shout TREASON!

You have to see this, I have talked to you in u2u's and you are smarter than that. Dont let the brainwashing of a lifetime living in AmeriKa blind your great mind.

Ask yourself WWJD?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

So a journalist who was present during the events in question provides a narrative and is "lying" becaus it differs with the one you have constructed in yuour imagination. How convenient.

Got it!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

What I am saying , is that the after action report when compared with the video is not impartial evidence. It was written by , vetted by, and entered into record by the military. The military have NO history of admitting to things that they could easily get away with. I am saying that there is a strong possibility that either the people on the ground deliberately falsified the document, or that other agencies have altered or sexed up the report, in order to justify what looks to most folk like the most cold blooded and utterly over the top murder you can think of. Short of nuking a kindergarten that is.
The theory about the journalists having hired protection with them is not a new one. The same sort of people who carry out that sort of contract, are the people who protect civillian infrastructral experts like telecoms proffessionals in Iraq , though of course the companies who would hire out to journalists and photographers would probably be of a slightly different nature, or standing within the rankings which apply to companies in that line of work. For instance, Blackwater wouldnt have gone near that job with a ten foot pole. They dont like cameras!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join