It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning's health deteriorating in jail, supporters say (WL)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

www.guardian.co.uk

As Julian Assange emerged from his nine-day imprisonment, there were renewed concerns about the physical and psychological health of Bradley Manning, the former US intelligence analyst suspected of leaking the diplomatic cables at the centre of the storm.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This man in mine and may peoples eyes is a hero. I hope he is not forgtten about and left to die in prison. He is being like an animal, kept in solidatary confinement and not even allowed a pillow or tv...
They are doing the best to break him....
Let us not forget.
"If Manning is convicted, it will be because his individual dedication to human ethics far surpasses that of the US government." - source

kx

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Yeah you're absolutely right there.. I kind of feel really bad for him considering how quickly bail was raised for Julian and just the support that came for him was in a way kind of sickening.

When i see these recent ad campaigns from Anon and other groups working in the favor of Wikileaks/Assange i feel angry that people aren't doing the same for Manning who risked the rest of his life to ensure that Wikileaks would rewrite world history.

I saw the video of the press conference just after Julian was released, no mention what so ever of reparations towards Manning, made me really damn angry.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I wonder how many of the Americans who feel about America, the way I feel about Britain, are following this gentlemans story? How many can fail to be moved by Mannings selflessness, and his love for his fellow man. How many can fail to be struck by his dedication to the founding principles of his nation, and to the right of the common man to know when he is being lied to for nefarious purposes, by his own government no less?
Far more than ever before, have the Patriots a cause to rally behind. If this man dies in jail, I wonder what the response will be from those who know that this man is a hero not a traitor?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Support his cause people! Many people still dont know about this because he was overshadowed by Assange. Raise awareness, sign petitions and donate to the defense fund if you can.

What can I do?

Courage to Resist

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This man cannot be left and forgotten...
kx
edit on 17-12-2010 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

www.guardian.co.uk

As Julian Assange emerged from his nine-day imprisonment, there were renewed concerns about the physical and psychological health of Bradley Manning, the former US intelligence analyst suspected of leaking the diplomatic cables at the centre of the storm.

Thanks for that link and the story, purplemer - I had wondered!
Vicky

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
He is being like an animal, kept in solidatary confinement and not even allowed a pillow or tv...

Boo-freakn-hoooo. He's a thief. He's a traitor. He's an idiot who stole classified materials and had them published. He has destroyed diplomatic processes that have taken years to put together. He has probably gotten people who were working for freedom in the field killed. He's taken diplomatic negotiation power away from soverign nations and have enabled the NWO with more power. He's a freak'n idiot and he DESERVES solitary confinement.

He's not being treated like an animal. He's being treated like the criminal he is. He wants a pillow and a TV? Then he shouldn't have stolen classified documents and had them published. Comeon .. DUH!
Dont' do the crime if you can't do the time. He's in solitary because 1- that's exactly where he should be for what he's done 2 - for his own safety because he's now got a big name and other inmates like to 'off' big name inmates to make their own standing better.

BTW .. Solitary isn't 'being treated like an animal'. It's called being treated like a criminal .. which he is.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There are convicted rapists and pedophiles that get better treatment than he does.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Meanwhile the newspapers who actually publish the material get off scott free, now how does tis all work?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
News just in via Twitter and BBC

Julian Assange confirms Wikileaks pledged $50,000 to defence fund of US Army private Bradley Manning

Interesting.

Realistically i guess it's a drop in the ocean compared to what i'd assume Julian has been offered in the last 24 hours regarding personalized media interviews.
edit on 17-12-2010 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I like Assange and support what WL is doing. But I hope he spent every minute of time in that cell thinking about Manning and the fact he's already been in (a much worse) one for months and with no end in sight.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
He's got it good in there...Anti-depressants, Visits, and more mail than he can shake a stick it...He's got it better than anyone else in Supermax..And he's getting alot of attention, most 23/01 inmates are COMPLETELY isolated..He knew the consequences when he made his decision, his comfort is a small price to pay.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Actually.. Manning didn't publish them.
Maybe one day in your life you will feel strong enough about something to try to make a change (doubtful, and it's very unlikely you will ever do anything half as important in your life as this man). There is no proof he got anyone killed. He actually probably saved lives with these documents. He couldn't cause more harm than the wars which by the way aren't for our freedom. You said people fighting for our freedom, have you been living under a rock? They aren't fighting for freedom, they are fighting for nothing and if anything it's a land grab and a military contract to make the rich richer.

Don' talk such non sense. This man did an extraordinary and good thing , and solitary is being treated like an animal.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

Well it is a good start....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

why is a traitor.. A traitor to whom exactly... He Is giving us truth, truth is the basic premise on which to form a balanced opinion. Maybe it is you whom are the traitor to your own people by denying the truth....

link   

Originally posted by plexus

I saw the video of the press conference just after Julian was released, no mention what so ever of reparations towards Manning, made me really damn angry.

As far as I can tell, at present Manning is SUSPECTED of having leaked those Wikileaks documents. If Assange (or Wikileaks) started to obsess about, or mention, Manning too much it would only confirm those suspicions. That would make things much worse for Manning, as it would strengthen any case against him.

This might account for the relative silence from Wikileaks (and Assange) about Manning.

I'm just guessing here, so I could be very wrong... but it's the only thing that comes to mind that makes sense.

link   
doube post..
dont dream it be it...
kx

link   

why is a traitor.. A traitor to whom exactly... He Is giving us truth, truth is the basic premise on which to form a balanced opinion. Maybe it is you whom is the traitor by denying the truth and accepeting ignorance.......

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by plexus

There are convicted rapists and pedophiles that get better treatment than he does.

And there are mass murderers, bribers, fraudsters and extortionists who, despite full knowledge of their crimes, are still walking the streets ...Bush and Cheney come to mind. These and their accomplices are the ones who should be in solitary confinement without a pillow or a bed sheet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join