It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning's health deteriorating in jail, supporters say (WL)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I did a little background research and came upon the conversations Bradley Manning had with Adrian Lamo (the one who turned him in).

Manning Chats (Wired.com)

After reading this, it came to my attention that Manning had difficulties during his time in the military. Anyone who has served has known people who have had difficulties in the military (reductions in rank), and it's not at all uncommon for them to be angry with the military. However, he did seem true with his intentions to do what he believes was the right thing.

Regardless of what Manning's intentions were. He committed treason and will face a military trial.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Styki because: (no reason given)

No, it's the Government which is committing treason. In 2008 Congress voted the 35 Articles of Impeachment for GWB be sent to the Judiciary Committee, who just sat on it. One of the 35 items of impeachment was for starting an illegal war.

kucinich.house.gov...

INDEX

Article I
Creating a Secret Propaganda Campaign to Manufacture a False Case for War Against Iraq.

Article II
Falsely, Systematically, and with Criminal Intent Conflating the Attacks of September 11, 2001, With Misrepresentation of Iraq as a Security Threat as Part of Fraudulent Justification for a War of Aggression.

Article III
Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction, to Manufacture a False Case for War.

Article IV
Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Posed an Imminent Threat to the United States.

Article V
Illegally Misspending Funds to Secretly Begin a War of Aggression.

Article VI
Invading Iraq in Violation of the Requirements of H. J. Res114.

Article VII
Invading Iraq Absent a Declaration of War.

Article VIII
Invading Iraq, A Sovereign Nation, in Violation of the UN Charter.

Article IX
Failing to Provide Troops With Body Armor and Vehicle Armor.

Article X
Falsifying Accounts of US Troop Deaths and Injuries for Political Purposes.

Article XI
Establishment of Permanent U.S. Military Bases in Iraq.

Article XII
Initiating a War Against Iraq for Control of That Nation's Natural Resources.

Article XIIII
Creating a Secret Task Force to Develop Energy and Military Policies With Respect to Iraq and Other Countries.

Article XIV
Misprision of a Felony, Misuse and Exposure of Classified Information And Obstruction of Justice in the Matter of Valerie Plame Wilson, Clandestine Agent of the Central Intelligence Agency.

Article XV
Providing Immunity from Prosecution for Criminal Contractors in Iraq.

Article XVI
Reckless Misspending and Waste of U.S. Tax Dollars in Connection With Iraq and US Contractors.

Article XVII
Illegal Detention: Detaining Indefinitely And Without Charge Persons Both U.S. Citizens and Foreign Captives.

Article XVIII
Torture: Secretly Authorizing, and Encouraging the Use of Torture Against Captives in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Other Places, as a Matter of Official Policy.

Article XIX
Rendition: Kidnapping People and Taking Them Against Their Will to "Black Sites" Located in Other Nations, Including Nations Known to Practice Torture.

Article XX
Imprisoning Children.

Article XXI
Misleading Congress and the American People About Threats from Iran, and Supporting Terrorist Organizations Within Iran, With the Goal of Overthrowing the Iranian Government.

Article XXII
Creating Secret Laws.

Article XXIII
Violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.

Article XXIV
Spying on American Citizens, Without a Court-Ordered Warrant, in Violation of the Law and the Fourth Amendment.

Article XXV
Directing Telecommunications Companies to Create an Illegal and Unconstitutional Database of the Private Telephone Numbers and Emails of American Citizens.

Article XXVI
Announcing the Intent to Violate Laws with Signing Statements.

Article XXVII
Failing to Comply with Congressional Subpoenas and Instructing Former Employees Not to Comply.

Article XXVIII
Tampering with Free and Fair Elections, Corruption of the Administration of Justice.

Article XXIX
Conspiracy to Violate the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Article XXX
Misleading Congress and the American People in an Attempt to Destroy Medicare.

Article XXXI
Katrina: Failure to Plan for the Predicted Disaster of Hurricane Katrina, Failure to Respond to a Civil Emergency.

Article XXXII
Misleading Congress and the American People, Systematically Undermining Efforts to Address Global Climate Change.

Article XXXIII
Repeatedly Ignored and Failed to Respond to High Level Intelligence Warnings of Planned Terrorist Attacks in the US, Prior to 911.

Article XXXIV
Obstruction of the Investigation into the Attacks of September 11, 2001.

Article XXXV
Endangering the Health of 911 First Responders.

Manning did what he could to fight back against the treason being committed by the Government, and most of all to do what was right for his countrymen and for the world.

In the Nurenberg trials committing a crime just because one was ordered to was not accepted as a defense. Military personnel have a duty to refuse to follow an order to do something which they believe to be a crime.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Nah. The case is way to high profile for something like that. That's the same reason why wikileaks can't be forcibly removed (by non-legal means) at this point. Unfortunately for Mannings, that is the same reason why he must be charged. We can't have people in the military thinking they can steal documents and get a slap on the wrist.

Anybody who has served in the military knows that the best way to get a slap on the wrist is to keep things "in house". For example, if a good soldier goes through some rough times and skips out on work for a week; that can be covered up at the lower levels. However, if that little vacation goes too long; the matter must be reported to higher command and punishment is mandatory.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Read my post above this one. You can argue this however you would like.

How is this all going to go down? I stand by what I posted.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What you call diplomatic missions people in the real world call espionage, fraud, corruption and various other illegal dirty deeds. System was put in place for that?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If I got this right; breaking a confidentiality agreement is a crime because it is unethical, so when an accused person is being unethically treated by the judging part - and is yet to be convicted, who is really the criminal part?

Anyway... Manning blew it ("blew" as in "the whistle"). He will be punished not for his crimes, but for his mistakes!
edit on 17-12-2010 by nakiel because: did it

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I really find some peeps attitudes on here disturbing.. This is a person we are talking about here and some of you think this is an accpetable way to treat him.....
It is not, it is not a fare way to treat any human being. What has happended to youre instincts of compassion....
It appears some of you have been densentizied to life and forgotten what a gift we all have....
and again i ask what treason he has commited and to whom..
In my eyes he has negated national security in the name of international security... This is not a crime it is an honourable thing to do...

edit on 17-12-2010 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
This man in mine and may peoples eyes is a hero. I hope he is not forgtten about and left to die in prison. He is being like an animal, kept in solidatary confinement and not even allowed a pillow or tv...

Oh, my. No pillow or TV. Shucks, life must just be pure hell for him.

Oh, well. Sucks to be him.

He is in jail to be punished. And he might be in solitiary confinement for a reason; other prisons might not be in agreement he's a hero and think he nothing but a scumbag traitor.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Read my post above this one. You can argue this however you would like.

How is this all going to go down? I stand by what I posted.

Yes, I agree they are going to throw whatever they can at Manning, and then some, and will make an example of him to discourage other. I still stand by my view that he hasn't committed treason.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by purplemer
This man in mine and may peoples eyes is a hero. I hope he is not forgtten about and left to die in prison. He is being like an animal, kept in solidatary confinement and not even allowed a pillow or tv...

Oh, my. No pillow or TV. Shucks, life must just be pure hell for him.

Oh, well. Sucks to be him.

He is in jail to be punished. And he might be in solitiary confinement for a reason; other prisons might not be in agreement he's a hero and think he nothing but a scumbag traitor.

Right...damn the justice system, damn due process, damn the law....damn the decent treatment of prisoners. The mighty military-industrial stooges can do whatever they want.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Right...damn the justice system, damn due process, damn the law....damn the decent treatment of prisoners. The mighty military-industrial stooges can do whatever they want.

Sorry, he was trusted by the US Government to keep his mouth shut. That's what a non-disclosure agreement is for. He decided to break that trust and he got caught.

He's in prison, where people are punished. That means he's not gonna get a TV, Xbox and Dove Bars for breakfast. Yes, I know that's horrible and cruel, but that's just tough luck on his part. Life sucks, he needs to wear a helmet.

I guess that means I can get someone to represent me next time I deploy, since I don't get any pillows or TV.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Ok so what about all the people in government that are shown to have committed crimes in these cables? What of the people that lied to get us into war? Are they also guilty of murder in your opinion?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Christ.. I'd never read that before. So that's the real deal, they acknowledged that he did all that stuff?
Why is he (or preferably Cheney) not in prison?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sorry, he was trusted by the US Government to keep his mouth shut. That's what a non-disclosure agreement is for. He decided to break that trust and he got caught.

Which one is morally obliged to do when a crime has been committed, unless you put 'honor amongs murderers' above any moral/legal obligation, as some do. Perhaps you feel the same about the Abu Graib photos which were released.

He's in prison, where people are punished. That means he's not gonna get a TV, Xbox and Dove Bars for breakfast. Yes, I know that's horrible and cruel, but that's just tough luck on his part. Life sucks, he needs to wear a helmet.

Months of solitary confinmenet is a form of torture, that's why the Nazis used it to punish prisoners.

I guess that means I can get someone to represent me next time I deploy, since I don't get any pillows or TV.

Fantasize away.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Christ.. I'd never read that before. So that's the real deal, they acknowledged that he did all that stuff?
Why is he (or preferably Cheney) not in prison?

Yes, that's the real deal. That's from the website of the Senator who submitted it to the house. The actual congress document is available online, but I couldn't find the link. I've seen it though. It exists in pdf form somewhere on the net. They go into more detail in the Congress document.

He's not in prison simply because it was sat on.

edit on 17-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Delete
edit on 17-12-2010 by jerico65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Which one is morally obliged to do when a crime has been committed, unless you put 'honor amongs murderers' above any moral/legal obligation, as some do. Perhaps you feel the same about the Abu Graib photos which were released.

Crime? That "Collateral Murder" video? Yeah, right.
Whatever.

Months of solitary confinmenet is a form of torture, that's why the Nazis used it to punish prisoners.

I think that people imprisoned by the Nazis had it a bit tougher.

Fantasize away.

Whatever. Manning is in prison, I'll be heading back to Iraq or A-stan.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Crime? That "Collateral Murder" video? Yeah, right.
Whatever.

I think that people imprisoned by the Nazis had it a bit tougher.

Fantasize away.

Whatever. Manning is in prison, I'll be heading back to Iraq or A-stan.

Whatever.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Whatever.

Don't put too much thought into your posts.

If Manning had a legit complaint, there are ways of going about reporting it, and leaking it to Wikileaks wasn't the way.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
When will people start getting up in arms against the tyranny and lies of their own government? The sheep are so scared to be left without direction, that's how mindless most Americans have become, slaves to the elite with the limited knowledge that is fed to them by the only window to the outside world; a television screen. So infatuated with the lies that they rather choose to silence the truth and live in the hell that their government have created for them. In love with the Greed, in love with the Hate, in love with the Lust, always so Apathetic; they shut off their minds and let the machines do the thinking for them.

"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal"

Sounds so familiar, doesn't it? Yet they fight through the red tape day after day, toiling and for what? Crumbs... Is there really such a difference between this and communism? They think this is freedom? They're not even free enough to voice the truth, they fear the truth, they fear Assange's words and blame Bradley Manning for their governments misdeeds.

Your masters are asking you to ignore the truth so close your eyes, don't think... just sleep.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Collateral murder video didnt make you wish the gunners had paid a little more attention to the targets then? I mean what , have you no compassion what so ever ? I dont care how double tough you are, thats not a mark of a good soldier. Thats the mark of total and utter psychological malfunction.
My grandfather fought the Nazis, he was a beach lander. He saw his friends blown apart by the platoons worth on the advance up that beach. It was him and five others from his boat that made it to cover. They risked thier asses on a real scale of bravery . How brave is it to kill unarmed civilians from a chopper you cold hearted sicko? How would you like it if someone did that to your family ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join