It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEPOPULATION - where would you start?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

My point is that overpopulation is *not* a problem that exists in real terms. It only exists in the minds of those that 'have', and do not wish to see a portion of what they have dwindle.

Define real terms. Overpopulation is a reality, there is no question about it. If it would not be real, then why the need to steal from those who produce wealth? You seem to think that overpopulation caused poverty is the faults of the wealthy. It most surely is not. Look at the statistics of reproduction rates among different social groups.

There is *no* overpopulation 'timebomb', there is only the greed of wealthy countries who wish to be richer, not poorer.

There is no greed of wealthy countries, quite the contrary, wealthy countries spend billions on foreign aid and investments in poor countries. Overpopulation is the major cause for their poverty.

I don't understand your point tbh...you agree in reality it's an economics based 'problem' as opposed to a resource based problem (which it is always touted as being..water, energy, food, housing etc.) yet you seem to maintain overpopulation is a problem.

I dont understand your point either. Overpopulation is an economic and cultural based PROBLEM. It is a problem.

The only problem, is one of lack of will to spend money to employ simple measures that will ensure many more people, if one can call having to spend a % of your wealth in order to build a fair and just human existence 'a problem'.

Here you said it yourself - those people are unable to take care of themselves, the wealthy from abroad have to take care of them, and yet you deny the existence of an overpopulation issue that is DEFINED as a rate of reproduction unable to be supported by local resources. Your argument is inconsistent.

I *always* put people before money, i guess i must be weird, most people seem to be the opposite these days and favour personal greed over empathy and compassion for our fellows.

Me too, and I am all for foreign aid and helping the needy. But that does not mean that overpopulation is not a real problem. Go live in a third world country and then tell me that overpopulation is not a problem. It is easy to criticize when you live in England.

The capacity of our habitat if managed properly and fairly, is more than adequate, many times over in fact, people get poorer, because of the greedy, selfish 'few' at the top of the ladder, not due to lack of resources.

People get poorer because poor people procreate much faster than rich people. There is no lack of resources, but there is lack of our ability to utilise the available resources instead of making more children.
edit on 17/12/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If I had to get rid of some people, I'd get rid of people in prison who were known repeat offenders such as rapests, child abusers, murderers. If there are too many people in the world, then why not get rid of people who deserve death anyway? That should knock out quite a few.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I would start off by eliminating the lower classes and the uneducated.

The parasites and freeloaders that also take advantage of the system and don't contribute anything to society should also go.

As "manual" labor becomes more automated, we won't need a "working" class anymore.

We already see this today and in the near future all of the tedious and manual jobs will be done by robots.

By then, we will only need a society made up of highly specialized and educated individuals.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have stopped reading right there. Calling Bill Gates an idiot doesnt make you very credible. Gates has achieved 10x more that you will ever dream.

Originally posted by c0ldPhr34k
Well, there seems to be a lot of talk on the NWO or the Elites wanting to depopulate the Earth.

Even Bill gates the Microsoft Idiot said we need some form of "population control".

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
Simply let all the people who want depopulation be first in the "Insert Death Machine", then when all those people are gone, shut the door

Nail on the head.

It's amazing how those preaching the depopulation mantra, never seemingly want to commit hara-kiri...

I loathe hypocrites, and selfish hypocrites just about take the biscuit !

edit on 17-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here is the Bill Gates quote:

“If we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services (abortion), we could lower that (global population in the future) by perhaps 10 or 15 per cent.”

When people stop dropping like flies, they will also stop procreating like rabbits. There is no conspiracy here, just basic sociology.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by msbox
I have stopped reading right there. Calling Bill Gates an idiot doesnt make you very credible. Gates has achieved 10x more that you will ever dream.

While I certainly don't think that Bill Gates is an ''idiot'', I have to query your comment that he's ''achieved 10x more that you will ever dream.''.

In what possible way is your statement true ?

edit on 17-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by c0ldPhr34k

Take farm, rotate 90 degrees. food resources can now support several times more people.

Done.

No I am not joking. It's a legit method.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'd start with all the criminals: you know the prisons, of course, then the bankers, then the politicians, come on you knew it was going to be said!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
no what you ask can not be done in one day nor year but with in 50 years then yes all the fail safes and planed strategies would be in place: first war, war is always a good population reducer small one at first then have it blossom to a big world war, then comes germs and illness, have false injection for the week and less to do, tell all the world that they need this, force it on them if they go to there doctor they get the real shot go to health clinic free aid then they get, see you by by shot, oh ya this is a live virus so it spreads. the war still goes on for 10, 12 years this is were new technology comes from. as well as jobs for the new slaves have to have slaves, work for the Corp get land, food and clothes, schooling is determined by your job, there is the have and have not, have money you just sit and relax, have none then your a Corp slave, money is determined by the credit score have no problem paying bills, or losing in the market, before it was dissolved, do not want the slaves being non slaves do you, nor having the same problem of who has most of the hay stack do ya, no of course not. by this time there should be 2 billion people left, one corp ex should have 5 slaves and slaves do not have the right to reproduce, they are fixed the shot they received fixed this.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I would release some hard-to-trace chemical that affects human fertility into the ocean: everone who eats the fish gets sterile.
To be more specific I would release it into the pacific and indian ocean, since asia is the most populated area on our planet.
I would choose India first, the population there is growing fast. Secondly i would control the population - growth in the mid - east.
Then maybe start to do something to China.
And introduce a strict reproduction- policy in other countries.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

Simply let all the people who want depopulation be first in the "Insert Death Machine", then when all those people are gone, shut the door

good said, I agree that people who want depopulization should be the ones to be "depopulized"
They should rather work on how to make space-colonization a reality, or just inroduce some kind of rule regarding how much biological sons\daughter a person can have.
We are running out of space, but killing people is certanly not an option.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What help to control population
* Education ( YES EDUCATION )
* THEN Sexual education and medicine ( lol : do you think CIA helped the women and sexuality "freedom" for nothing ? )
* Medicine goes in the water circle/system, and limit male fertility, and destroy male gender

Political control per couple or people.

But if you want to depopulate : just kill everybody : in fact human being is useless , even an ingeneer, a searcher, a politic, an economist, or "the elite" is in fact useless

We don't need you, we don't need anybody ...

So you should take care of you, and humanity

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'd say start at the top, by age. Sorry Gram, but the oldies are by far the least productive and most economically draining segment of society. Some will say this won't help because the elderly are closer to natural death anyway. I say a universal life lenth cap of say, 70 years... "Mr. smith, I see you've got a birthday coming! The big seven ohhhhhhstep over here for me sir"...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by msbox

He 'has' achived more but he didn't invent DOS. He bought the language and marketed thge heck out of it. He is a very sharp middleman. Period. We can do without middlemen.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
we can do without idle and baseless remarks about people whose companies products populate over 90% of the worlds computers.

I would start with the people who struck by poverty there whole lives and susceptible to the worst things life has to offer insist on bringing new mouths to feed into that hellhole of existence without concern for there future well being.

Then I would hunt down people who bear open gang affiliations ms13 would be near the top of that list. It wouldn't phase me one bit whether there crimes were simple auto theft, drug pushing or murder it's part of a machine that eventually will have to be dealt with as it's continued to grow in size. All the players in that game know what they represent and should be held responsible for it.

then I would hunt down each and every murderer and create a tv channel for the execution so that no one would forget what happens to those that take everything from others.

In the midst of all of this I would make PE mandatory - support the boy scouts improve the military and make 2 years of service mandatory which would include 6months of survival training intertwined with combat training and then 18 months of international aid work to build supporting infrastructure for the poorest places so they could care for themselves.

When I was done I hope at least people in the US would believe there is no reason to fear life as it can support us all happily.
edit on 17-12-2010 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
hmmm, how about starting some useless wars, poisoning the water supply, a couple of man made diseases thrown in, give people vaccines for said diseases but have stuff in the vaccines that kills you just as fast, get rid of farms and have everyone eat fast food, boy I could go on forever.......

Yeah, what does he mean "where would you START?" look around you, IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
First off, Overpopulation on the planet is a complete and utter myth. There is far more food/room/water on this planet to handle much more than 6 billion people, thats not a problem. The real problem is having such dense populations in areas that cannot sustain their peoples, simply because necessary food and water doesn't have a way to get there (i.e. Middle Africa).

This has been posted many times before, but it's extremely relevant. www.youtube.com...

Secondly, why in God's name would you want to remove the wealthy? If you want to systematically institute social eugenics, you start from the bottom, not the top. The worlds economic crises stem from having too many monetary drains on economies. Imagine if we were to implement completely privatized social security, removed all welfare, removed any and all government programs that took money from productive members of society to assist those who couldn't take care of themselves. Collective economic strain would subside, which would cause a damn near instantaneous stabilization of the world's economic status. Entire countries would only be creating profits, not losing them. When you have a business that sells tons of product A, but needs to PAY to keep product B on the shelves, you remove product B from the inventory...duh...(Of course, you also don't engage in futile and expensive ad campaigns against other businesses (Please be smart enough to catch that meaning))

That last paragraph, however, is completely without heart or soul. Akin to thinking like a computer. To state that any group on the planet should be exterminated...sounds like someone...but who...damnit, I had it. I think there was someone around the 30's or 40's. I can't remember right now, can anyone help me out?

Stop acting like hater children. Anyone who states that extremely productive members of society should be removed obviously has no sight past their own destitution. Anyone who states that any group should be removed is a frightened bigot. We can all survive together, we just need to handle our affairs differently.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
i would probubly slam a couple of jet liners into some tall buidings to start a war and see whare it gos from there.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If left to her own devices, mother nature will take care of the overpopulation on her own, thru famine, disease, natural disasters, etc. Then throw in what man has caused by using up resources, pollution, wars, man-made catastrophes. It won't happen overnight, but I believe the scales will balance out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join