It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Are Here To Stay, "Get Use To It"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

and you are still an ignorant_ape : )

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm glad this mystery has finally been resolved once and for all. It is no longer a matter of belief, debate, or inquiry; as the original poster said, it's now a matter of fact. Has someone contacted SETI and NASA yet? We can uninstall those screen savers, and turn the Hubble Telescope in a new direction. The alien presence is now a fact. The original poster says so.

Seriously, you cannot declare your own unproven opinions and extraordinary claims to be completely true, refuse to back up those claims, turn around and demand others disprove these same, unproven, unsupported assertions, and then insult them and claim victory when they fail to prove a negative which is by definition impossible!

Ad ignorantiam, ad hominem, how many logical fallacies can you pack into a thread?

This is a forum for debate and discussion, not sweeping proclamations which nobody is allowed to question. There are plenty of Space Brother forums out there for unquestioning True Believers of the New Age religion. The last time I checked, this was not one of them.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i still like the argument here regarding alh84001...

The indication of life hinges on three important pieces of evidence, all discovered within mineralized fractures in the meteorite in close proximity to each other

Mars is almost certain to have been warmer and wetter in its distant past, so the existence of primitive life has been a tantalizing possibility for some time, but the real search may be just beginning.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

and the following as well...

Skeptics observed that the structures were too small to even hold RNA (ribonucleic acid), a chain of nucleotides like the DNA but usually composed of single strands. RNAs are important biological structures. Also, the possibility of contamination in the Antarctic also existed

what exactly are they saying was contaminated? and what was 'it' contaminated with?

An extensive analysis of data from the Mars Global Surveyor and Mars Odyssey by researchers from the University of Hawaii at Manoa showed that Eos Chasma in the Valles Marineris canyon in Mars was a highly likely source.

www.universetoday.com...

...still... none of this is proven... it is all still highly controversial... just like the skeptics want... it's up to you to believe... or not... you just have to choose what you wish to absorb and it's all up to each of us how we want to interpret... i have no doubt that when i look up into the sky, there is life out there, i highly doubt that i will ever be part of an altercation... not in this life cycle... maybe the next...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
you can live with the knowing or you can live with skepticism, either way the choice is yours.
I personally don't have in my possession any aliens or alien artifacts that i am aware of? I might? I just am unaware of them as anyone that would naturally not be familiar with things they were never properly introduced to. but that doesn't mean that in the future I'll not be made aware. i believe the evidence is all around us, we just have no understanding of its complexity or simplicity, but i will continue to stay open and wait for more understanding, and share my experiences, whether you believe or not

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

No worries! I don't mean to be offensive when I respond in that way to people like Traditional Drummer, but (TD if you're reading this too) I just get wound up easily.

Let's all have fun learning new stuff, and firing up our innate human curiosity and desire to solve problems.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by schitzoandro

No worries! I don't mean to be offensive when I respond in that way to people like Traditional Drummer, but (TD if you're reading this too) I just get wound up easily.

Let's all have fun learning new stuff, and firing up our innate human curiosity and desire to solve problems.

I like your energy and optimism!!
Unfortunately some people come to these threads lacking any ability to comprehend the "other" side of the story. They will say they have done the research but indeed have not done enough. Instead they want to be spoon fed "proof" and "evidence" instead of going through ALL the information themselves and coming to a logical conclusion.
The evidence is all around us, you just have to go out and look for it. In most cases it's slapping us right in the face.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Buddy, your full of crap. It's easy to go back and read your past posts. Not sure what your trying to get out of this, but your not pulling my leg, and I don't think your pulling many others.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

hey no worries ditto!! i took no offense, sorry if i responded in a way that sounded defensive... i am thoroughly enjoying this debate, and i am glad to have people that i agree with, you are most certainly one of them

this discussion could go on as long as we please, there will always be believers and there will always be disbelievers... we all think inside of our own box, and some of us are able to think outside of that box, which allows us to discern others 'boxes' if we please...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

i got something for you to pull....BUDDY

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Imagine a world where you or your kids went to school with "aliens".They probably don't want to hurt us.They probably just want to make contact and learn about us.They've probably been observing us secretly and soon they will reveal themselves when they believe us not to be a threat to them.Just my opinion on this.I'd really like to talk to one and learn about them.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
sometimes peoples stories and blurry pictures are all it takes to sentence a man to death, not enough evidence to prove aliens tho?

something warped in that logic

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
ats is selectively censoring the truth which is the main reason someone would get banned from here.

Admins? Am I Wrong?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
sometimes peoples stories and blurry pictures are all it takes to sentence a man to death, not enough evidence to prove aliens tho?

something warped in that logic

well, he looks right to me! get him up against the wall! ;D

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The title of this thread should read: Do you believe in aliens? If not, shut the hell up. You know what really makes this thread interesting is all the debunkers/wannabe scientists/robots. They preach to you as if they actually know your wrong no matter what you say. Then they just repeat themselves over and over and over and over. "No facts, its illogical, error Will Robinson error.
P.S Please feel free to spell check or check my grammar so I don't have to.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

ya mean, variables?

yah, it's like slapping yourself in the face! *do'h*

www.youtube.com...

*any questions=repeat beat*

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Its not a fact at all. Just because you see something that can be classed as unidentified doesn't mean that it belongs to an alien species. Id think the more likely explanation is that they're military craft of some description.

And besides, even if that wasn't the case, if Governments wanted to keep it a secret why would these aliens throw caution to the wind and just fly about with their lights on full beam? Its not in keeping with keeping an alien presence on the down low really is it.

Also, you see UFO's every night... where on earth do you live? And why haven't you either made an effort to document these UFO's, or at least inform someone who has the means to investigate them? If you were intent on 'tearing the walls down' then surely you would do more than just sit and watch?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

because...(MYSPACEMONKEYS) = BETTER THAN earthrevolvingtalking aapes

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
To the skeptics out there....

Do you have any knowledge of concepts like the holographic universe, chakra systems etc.... Have you ever practiced meditation or sacred geometry?

Do you believe that concensus science and history are generally quite accurate?

Do you consider aliens may be beings from other dimensions? Do you believe other (actual or mathematical) dimensions exist?

Have you ever had any metaphysical events that you are unable to explain occur?

What do you think of esoteric teachings in general?

Do you believe in the afterlife at all?

Have you ever had a lucid dream?

Do you notice the strange simularities in religious cultures accross the world?

Do you ever consider that these characters and stories in the Bible etc.... describe non-humans?

These are genuine questions, I am going somewhere with this........honest.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

ERROR! ERROR, WILL ROBINSON! ERROR!

edit on 15-12-2010 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Skeptic in what sense? That aliens exist period? That they're here now or have been in the past?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join