It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Are Here To Stay, "Get Use To It"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

just like science and religion does?

Just like science and religion does.... what?
It helps to clarify your comments

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It is faith to start putting motivations on said species, or start remarking on anything about them beyond their potential and likely existance of course...but a full dismissal based on lack of proof seems unreasonable considering...

There is proof. Granted, it's not the proof positive that we all want. There is circumstantial evidence from "experiencers" that supports the observations/actions we see of UFOs.

The experiencers that have been brought to the forefront by leading psychological researchers like Bud Hopkins and Pulitzer prize winning Harvard MD John Mack is circumstantial evidence.

Your notion that you need "proof positive" is fine. However, I'd like to remind folks that the OP's title "Aliens Are Here To Stay, "Get Use To It," does have evidence to back it up. Mankind has a documented history with strange beings going back before our modern age began. The sightings and strange events continue to this day.

This data is frankly more solid than any notion of us humans being "in the know" in regards to "the big picture." Observation shows us that we are not "in the know." We discovered Pluto 80 years ago. We still haven't even put a human on the first planet over (Mars). I urge people to unbiasedly look at the data while researching topics that may require leaps of logic.

Physicists use leaps of logic in their theories, yet France, UK, Switzerland, USA, India, Russia, Canada and Japan all contributed massive resources towards the construction and uses of the LHC.

-SJ

link   

i'm making no outlandish claims

and from the original post:

Every night i go out into the night sky's and watch above large cities and out in deep country, and without fail, witness in-atmosphere non-human flying objects, Every Time i go out. I could spend hours watching them, but just to see them nightly a few here and a few there satisfies and re-enforces everything Ive come to believe and except as the new unfolding reality i must face.

Now, I have done the same (and still occasionally do).
I read a report covered on the news awhile back of someone whom was watching ufo's nightly nearby.
I contacted him and he basically told me how and where to look...and yep, I sat out that very night.

Initially, I did actually see something wild..overcast initially, but seen a bigish orange ball seem to fly right overhead, glowing through the cloud cover. This I am unsure to this day what that was..putting that up with a general "ufo"

I then crawled on my roof..totally amped at watching the star wars..twilight became night and I seen exactly what he was talking about...

satellites...lots of satellites.

and thats about it. (did see a irridium flare once...that blew my mind until I learned those orb flashes were actually not unidentified).

So, you see...I have heard such a claim before, investigated myself, and found it to be fairly mundane..

incidently, I spent the entire summer, every night, on my roof watching...and watching...was cool to watch satellites, and I actually quite enjoyed it even when I did find out they were just that...but still..no nightly show of ufo fleet as many claim.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Mankind has a documented history with strange beings going back before our modern age began. The sightings and strange events continue to this day.

Mankind also has a documented history of bigfoot and yeti going back that far as well. The sightings and reports continue to this day.

This is in no means evidence of bigfoot.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

STOP TROLLING.
And fellow ATS'ers try not to promote his trolling behavior.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

STOP TROLLING.

I am no more trolling than the OP is baiting.

I am asking others, including you, to stand by your claims. Your ad hominem (such as above) is not an acceptable response to a valid point. Now please, act like a grown up and let's have an honest discussion.

link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

Human perception is flawed and while an instrument can also be flawed it is far more reliable than the give human senses.

Here's an example off the top of my head.

Let's say you have a sick child and three school nurses all trying to figure out if the kid has a fever. The first one puts their hand to the kids head and says, "He's fine, no fever here!" the second puts their hand to the kids head and says, "He's burning up! Send him home!" and the third nurse gets a thermometer. Which one do you think is going to be right? Supposing that the thermometer is functioning correctly it will give a much more reliable temperature than the human senses which can be effected by far too many variables.

link   

And at the end of the day, at least I can rest assured that the things I believe are backed by evidence.

okay... what are the things you believe? or maybe that's just not relevant here... you want proof because why? are you unable to just believe in something? do you have theories of your own? seriously, i'd like to hear them..
and if you saw something 'with your own eyes', would you not be able to think it's real?
anyways, the OP was speaking about his/her own experiences, not about yours... all the evidence is here on this planet, but you would have to look with your own eyes, and it's not going to be something you can find on google..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

STOP TROLLING.

Trolling? what are you talking about
putting perspective and wanting proof of claims is soo not trolling...its actually important. A person demanding proof makes the people wanting to prove the existance of ET work harder...and guess what, more evidence may come up from that effort.

If anything, your statement right there was far more trollish than anything drummer has said by a long shot. Your trying to dismiss a entire side of a debate as irrelevant and unworthy of discussion.

I ask you directly...is the uncovering of truth about UFO/Aliens a religion to you, or a study to find a actual understanding?

If its a religion...then why not make up rules? "Ye shall never question those whom claim UFO knowledge" or some such...then you can completely control the subjects context.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro

okay... what are the things you believe? or maybe that's just not relevant here... you want proof because why?

Because someone stated that their claims were no longer matter of belief, but fact.

are you unable to just believe in something?

I try not to believe things without evidence. Particularly things that are as outlandish as the OP.

do you have theories of your own? seriously, i'd like to hear them..

Theories about what?

and if you saw something 'with your own eyes', would you not be able to think it's real?

It depends. I know the brain can be easily fooled. But assuming I see a weird light in the sky I cannot identify: it makes no sense for me to assume it is aliens simply because of my experience.

anyways, the OP was speaking about his/her own experiences, not about yours... all the evidence is here on this planet, but you would have to look with your own eyes, and it's not going to be something you can find on google..

The OP was speaking about things he claimed were fact. And if there's evidence here on this planet it needs to be tested, not simply observed.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Its not a matter of belief anymore, its just a fact of life.... Every night i go out into the night sky's and watch above large cities and out in deep country, and without fail, witness in-atmosphere non-human flying objects, Every Time i go out.

Now that you've made these incredible statements of "fact" I suggest you provide some evidence in order to maintain any integrity you may have in the ATS community.

Assuming you are not lying to us and you see these clearly defined extraterrestrials on a nightly basis providing plausible evidence should not be a problem for you.

If you cannot, or choose not to, I'd suggest this thread goes in the hoax bin.

And if you do end up in the hoax section, well, you'll just have to "get used to it!"

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

well of course during the night you're going to see lots of satellites and at different altitudes and at different speeds,some spectacle light flashes as its passing over as the sun shines on it. thats fact, but thats not what i'm talking about.

I'm talking low altitude clear skys large blazing red or amber obs that move silently, eerily across the sky, Ive seen some of the weiredest things, including shadow movement that can only be detected with night vision.

Ive seen so much of this stuff it just overlaps itself and really isnt all that interesting unless i see something in the total bizarre occur.

I live in the Ozarks between Springfield and Clinton, but vary rarely ever see the stealth bombers from whiteman. but i do see lots of a10s and other aircraft...lol

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

like antimatter?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

the problem debunkers have , is disproving the accountability of actual witnesses. and that is all

Assuming that people who don't immediately believe anything they read and/or hear are "debunkers" is ignorant. Asking for evidence, or looking for conventional explanations for things is not "debunking" -- it's common sense.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've seen crafts with NO lights making all kinds of weird turns and satellites and there is a huge difference. I liked your post Aliengenes, I just wish they would reveal themselves faster!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I try not to believe things without evidence. Particularly things that are as outlandish as the OP.

you seem to be a very skeptical person... that's okay, i was once also... but experience has changed that, i am able to accept others theories, and if my inner-self tells me it is going to feed my knowledge base, then i will construe it as i wish, as you should...

It depends. I know the brain can be easily fooled. But assuming I see a weird light in the sky I cannot identify: it makes no sense for me to assume it is aliens simply because of my experience.

you can't trust your own brain, that sounds like bad news... it's not the brain i am speaking of, it's beyond that..

ahhh, now i see... you are the resident skeptic... thank you for your skepticism, it gives fire to this thread, as well as others... without yin, yang would mean nothing

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well fair dinkum for the lovely example of 'live in a box science', but hey - if you don't like what's cooking, get out of the kitchen and order take out! As in, why are you here, if you feel there's nothing of any worth to whet your cerebral appetite???

And in reply to your previous response, I think the OPs sentiment can be extrapolated from his tone of writing in the first post. If you can't read to the end of the OP and then take the whole thing in the spirit it was intended, go read some peer-reviewed journals. If you can afford the subscriptions. I can't, which is why I go on internet forums and broaden my exposure to things the mainstream media and academia mightn't want people to pay much attention to.

Sorry to be so ham-fisted and confrontational, but you're one of many on this site who mirror each other's methods and styles...('Round Robin' self-laudatory back-slapping; ego-tripping off the errors or misconceptions of others etc, ad nauseum)

Peace out.

edit on 15-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Its not a fact, and will never be a fact until we have 100% evidence that no one can argue with. I have been into the subject of ufo's for over twenty years, and i believe that something strange is flying in our air space. The subject needs serious investigation, but to say they are here as fact is wrong.

Do you know how many people see footage and photos or stories and they say its proof of ET, only for evidence to come out that its a hoax? Loads. Video footage now you can pretty much disregard because its not easy to fake them now, and for them to look real. Same as photos.

No one should take the stance that ET is here. People into the ufo subject should see it for what it is, and thats unexplained. Do you know how many hardcore believers believe everything thing they see,hear, or read? So many, its Embarrassing, and makes the subject a joke and also gives fuel to the skeptics.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

1 , 10 , 100 , 1000 , 1000000 ? however many annecdotes you have - they are still annecdotes

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

wow... thank you for saying so perfectly what my mind would not let me express... seriously

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join