It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by inuse

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by inuse

can you share your evidence that this man committed any violence?

just because you can see him causing trouble dont mean he didnt , im sure they arnt going too target the disabled man for no reason ...get real , anyway thats enough of this i know you cant change peoples minds on here next you'll be telling me the police use mind control and that there greens

Ah ok then, he must be guilty until proven innocent, and the police are never wrong.
You'd be naive to believe that!

This isn't about mind control, it's about police abusing powers over and over again.
edit on 14-12-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to post by inuse

just because you can see him causing trouble dont mean he didnt , im sure they arnt going too target the disabled man for no reason ...get real , anyway thats enough of this i know you cant change peoples minds on here next you'll be telling me the police use mind control and that there greens

In civilised countries we have a rule by you're innocent until proven guilty.

If he was carrying out illegal activities and being unruly, don't you think the police would have given such video evidence to the media? After all, they film protests for their own intel.

Your comments are libelous

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTrueFiction
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Yes but don't you think that asking a man that just said he can't even push his own wheelchair if he was throwing rocks is a bit like... asking a blind man if he liked sight-seeing? For the sake of equal treatment? Implying he was a violent radical because of his blog entries? Com'on...

The interview is a complete disaster in my opinion not because of the way the man was treated or whether enough "pity" was demonstrated - it is a disaster because the interviewer is in fact... a moron.

Ok, it was a stupid question. I've seen other "able" bodied protestors interviewed in the same manner.

However in hindsight, he may have seen the footage of the guy in the wheelchair using his arms earlier on, by walking beside the railing.

edit on 14-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
just too add , i think the reporters a tosser , and there defiantly trying too divert attention from the fee's too the protesters

oh and im not siding with the police im the last person too do that beleave me , im just saying its not that clear cut
edit on 14-12-2010 by inuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by inuse

so how come you do not think like that about the trouble the police caused, that nobody caught on film.
just because you can not see them causing trouble in the instant i am talking about don't mean they didn't.

seriously, if you have evidence the guy in the wheel chair did anything, bring it forward, without it your just looking like somebody who excuses over the top police actions or police brutality.

your either a news reporter for the B.B.C. a member of the elite or a government worker, or your just a member of the public who loves to see the curtailment of your own freedoms and rights.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Facebook group for the lulz

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by inuse

Agreed, iv just complained about him at the BBC web site.

I dont like the way he talks to him as if he is stupid or the fact that he is judging him and trying to make excuse for the police nearly killing someone with a baton.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
reply to post by inuse

Agreed, iv just complained about him at the BBC web site.

I dont like the way he talks to him as if he is stupid or the fact that he is judging him and trying to make excuse for the police nearly killing someone with a baton.

From reading comments across several websites I've seen atleast 500 people state they've put in a complaint to the BBC or OfCom.

Lets see how this turns out. As I mentioned earlier, Top Gear have had their replays edited after just TWO complaints.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dJbdJb

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by drkid
reply to post by NadaCambia

this poor disabled protester

Do you treat all disabled people with pity?

I like to use kindness, much like I do with able bodied people.

It's a bit different when he's being accused of things that he can't possibly do, like throw rocks or "roll towards a police officer" - which hardly justifies being dragged from your wheelchair and across the street. So he's obviously not equal to an able bodied man in this case.

If he was being accused of a crime that he could have physically carried out, then that's a different story.

How do you know he can't throw rocks?
Ok, he claimed rightly or wrongly that he can't push himself along in his wheel chair, yet he can stand and use his arms to support himself whilst walking.

Most people including myself, agree that the action against him by them police officers was over the top.

He hadn't registered a complaint, two days after the event, why?

Is it because there maybe footage of him doing something that will make him liable for prosecution?

Many people aren't arrested there and then.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

At the moment that the man was pulled from the wheelchair, You can clearly hear that,
the Croud were angered, And i would be too.

Then the croud got offensive to the police. I Think this was Just What the Police Wanted.
What better way to make the protesters the bad guy's,

If i were there i would have broke the law myself.

Flag from me... Thank you for posting this.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
After watching this interview, I decided I had to make a complaint to Ofcom. Ben Brown's line of questioning was a digrace. It almost came across like he was taking the piss, when he asked "did you roll towards the police?", "did you throw anything". The guy has Cerebral Palsy FFS.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yes I think 1 complaint counts for so many people or something like that. Say if one person bothers to complain 100 more might be offended but not complain. Im not sure but I think its works something like that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Russel Brand and Jonathan Ross, were dismissed for something far less offensive in my opinion. Again originally with only a few complaints lodged.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

lol police acting in a irresponible manner = little concern for most people

x-factor on the other hand

www.bbc.co.uk...

lol, it looks like we are doomed to a society where people being beaten for no reason is acceptable but a raunchy performance is met with outrage.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have had the displeasure of training certain police forces in England in disability issues. Two things I noticed is their dogged resistance to change and their extremely tight community. He'll be lucky to get anything out of them at all, let alone an apology. He is an articulate man, and a good job too, otherwise the bigot of a reporter would have made mincemeat out of him and no doubt enjoyed patronising him with euphemististic pats on the head. Ah, the soft bigotry of low expectation!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hi. I am pretty new here so most (if not all) of you will not know that I am resident in the UK.

Please listen to the soundtrack on the opening video of Jody McIntyre and his wheelchair. It is obvious from it that the protestors know McIntyre well. They refer to him as "this guy is f****** hard". they should know him. He is career troublemaker and freelance reporter when it suits him. Someone here has stated that "he cannot even move himself". He can actually. He is quite capable of walking short distances.

So why was he where he was? He is not a student and hasn`t been for many years. This whole thing is a set-up by McIntyre and the nearby protestors are well aware of that. I am not an apologist for the Police by any means and have no reason to side with them. But this guy is pulling the wool over people`s eyes - or trying to.

Please listen to the soundtrack and watch the start of the video carefully. It might be (although it is not very well lit) that it is in fact his friends behind him who tip him out of his wheelchair to get the whole thing started.

Have another look and see what you think.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

yeah, don't worry about it, i am off to report to off com, a bigger scandal, raunchy performances on x-factor.
i am out raged i tell you!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by exroyalnavy
Hi. I am pretty new here so most (if not all) of you will not know that I am resident in the UK.

Please listen to the soundtrack on the opening video of Jody McIntyre and his wheelchair. It is obvious from it that the protestors know McIntyre well. They refer to him as "this guy is f****** hard". they should know him. He is career troublemaker and freelance reporter when it suits him. Someone here has stated that "he cannot even move himself". He can actually. He is quite capable of walking short distances.

So why was he where he was? He is not a student and hasn`t been for many years. This whole thing is a set-up by McIntyre and the nearby protestors are well aware of that. I am not an apologist for the Police by any means and have no reason to side with them. But this guy is pulling the wool over people`s eyes - or trying to.

Please listen to the soundtrack and watch the start of the video carefully. It might be (although it is not very well lit) that it is in fact his friends behind him who tip him out of his wheelchair to get the whole thing started.

Have another look and see what you think.

Do you need to be a student to protest against student cuts? Anyone who cares about the issue, but isn't in Uni, is a trouble maker?

The attacks on him are absolutely laughable. Absolutely. So he's an activist, and therefore a trouble maker and eligable for a police beat down.

Being a political activist isn't a crime. The defense of the police and government in this thread are hilarious. You read the Daily Mail, don't ya?

Edit - It's also blatantly clear that you're wrong. A police officer tips him over and is dragged away from the scene by another police officer. That's visible for anyone to see. A police officer DRAGS, by his jacket, the offending police officer away from the situation.

Why would he do that?

These are facts. What you have is theories and character assassinations
edit on 14-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wonder if the media will cover the complaints about this incident to the extent they will do the X Factor performances.

Somehow I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

your either a news reporter for the B.B.C. a member of the elite or a government worker, or your just a member of the public who loves to see the curtailment of your own freedoms and rights.

lol you couldn't be further from the truth

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join