It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

BBC complaint form. Let's try and get this moron of a journalist banned from TV.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem like some of the interview might be edited. I know it says live and they could be glitches in the video. but check out the times, some I started a couple of seconds early so you can hear the sentence, some sound like they can make sense but watching his facial movements, it seems like its edited, I could be wrong. I'm just waking up.

3:30
3:40-3:45 ish
5:15
6:00
6:20
7:14

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IrishTruckie
Is it just me or does it seem like some of the interview might be edited. I know it says live and they could be glitches in the video. but check out the times, some I started a couple of seconds early so you can hear the sentence, some sound like they can make sense but watching his facial movements, it seems like its edited, I could be wrong. I'm just waking up.

3:30
3:40-3:45 ish
5:15
6:00
6:20
7:14

I think its just botched recording mate. When they edit interviews they usually do it very well and make it flow properly

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

It would seem that every spoke on this New World Order wheel is committing to engaging the public in this way!

It would seem that every major city in "Hot Zones" are creating situations by using school, jobs, economy and elections to bring the fight out into the streets.

Iran - elections
France - jobs
U.K. - Tuition
United States - Everything

It is like the New World Order pushes these issues to a boiling point - waiting for a response!

In France it was jobs for the youth - car burnings looting and engaging law enforcement.

In Iran it was the election results - people went into the street and again were engaged enforcement

In the U.K. it is tuition - youth confronting British Parliament and engaging officers

They move the G 20 meetings take place wherever it will make the most impact at that time - testing the waters of protest in each of these locations

And now for the United States - you cannot find a more clear picture of New World Order Destruction!

Economy - bailouts - job loss - fuel prices and general jumps in electric/heating/necessities for life - and most recently the Gulf spill

Remember that line "I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore"
That has been going on since 9/11/2001

I am surprised we haven't seen violence at this level yet in the United States - but I am sure it will not be long now - especially with all the truths coming out!

Everything is going as planned - we have lost our freedom and speech is on the way out, internet control is coming - this is just the way "they" want it! When the push comes to shove it will be game on. That is when the S hits the fan!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I think this was an obvious tactic to incite but look closely at the video and you actually see the police knowing they have gone too far reacting by pulling a hyped up officer, with riot helmet on, away trying to defuse the situation. I'll give anyone 100 to 1 odds after these protests the government does a complete u-turn and stop cutting police budgets and in fact raise their budget to employ more officers. Any takers!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thanks for that, Ive already lodged one complaint with Ofcom and now another with the BBC. I've asked for Ben Brown to issue a public apology, I said I would understand if the questions had come from Kay Burley from SKY news, but this is the BBC and we expect better.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Jody also appeared on Sky News - The audio is also dropping out on this one too.

If you disagree ith the BBC's biased reporting please consider making a complaint: BBC Complaint Form

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

I do not agree,

You have decided to use only a part of the bystanders speech in your argument. I listened to the clip again as you suggested, in fact, I listened to it over and over and what the bystander says is:

"He's a fu@@ng hard nut man, he's sick"

Now you can interpret that as you will but here is the rub...

There is NOTHING in that statement that infers that the bystander knows the victim personally, your assumption is inaccurate. That statement will not prove in a court of law that the bystander knows the victim personally. On face value the bystander could be stating in English slang:

1 The victim has courage (hard nut) as he is (sick) either ill or cool (Americanism).
2 The Police officer is a hard nut (sarcasm) as he (the victim) is sick (in a wheel chair)

I suggest that either of the two above explanations are probably closer to the truth than your interpretation.

When trying to understand a statement made by another, one MUST consider the circumstances or situation under which it was made (that is one of the fundamentals of communication).

OP: Nice find, S & F from me

PEACE,
RK

edit on 14-12-2010 by Rigel Kent because: edit for grammar

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I love how the reporter did his job, and I'm not being sarcastic. I think the interviewer really got the victim talking, and helped him get his point across about what happened. Also he managed to stay on topic and let the victim's message and rhetoric get out when it pertained to the incident while stifling the message that was irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is very disturbing.

Notice how the TV reporter raises his voice and speaks in a more simplistic manner when addressing Mr. McIntyre - as if because he is disabled he is also hard of hearing and mentally challenged.

Not good. And the whole incident is very bad.

I agree that the police have gotten way out of hand.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow absolutely #ing shocking and appalling to the core. I am so #ing angry about this we should bring back the stocks and put shills like him in them in the town centre to be pelted with #. I have filed a complaint at BBC as well as Ofcom. I highly recommend anyone who is in the united kingdom to contact Ofcom Immediately and put a stop to this biased bull#. I really cant believe how hard faced the news has become to think for a second people are going to side with the police for there actions here.

Please i cant stress enough please contact Ofcom www.ofcom.org.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The BBC are dismissing this

www.bbc.co.uk...

"I am aware that there is a web campaign encouraging people to complain to the BBC "

Supposedly because there's a 'web campaign', it makes the complaints largely irrelivent

The person who wrote the above article seems oblivious to what's wrong with the interview. General scum all round.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The trouble with this is that would be singling out the messenger. This news reader was following a script and taking direction from the gallery. Personally I'd have refused to do it and I'd be out of work because of it. We need to complain about the message and treatment rather than the newsreader.
----
To the OP I totally missed this story and I have the BBC, al jazeera and RT on permanently on 3 screens. So thanks and S&F. He wiped the floor with the newsreader so It comes as no surprise that this didn't get many or indeed any repeat transmissions.

The police in this instance have behaved disgracefully and they'll eventually get theirs . What I find really troubling is the stance of the BBC. It's been years since I have trusted the BBC, but this is the most blatant incident I've ever seen of them being a government mouthpiece.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ben Brown has a facebook page go leave him a comment i just did

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Don't agree with the actions of the Police on this one.

Don't agree with the tone of the interview.

Despise the way the Police are being generalised and referred to here.

If people want to call the entire Police force scum because of the actions of a few of them, then they need to accept that the entire group of protestors are scum, because of the vandalism and violence they brought to the protest.

What?..... Dislike that sentiment? Well think about it some more. Do we live in a world of absolutes?

Do we label all for the actions of a few?

Have people really sunk to such a low intellectual level that they do that these days? If so - why protest about education? Its obviously going to be wasted.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

I like that interview too, I really don't understand why someone would file a complaint on that interview or the first one in the OP. These interviewers are nearly going out of their way to let him get his message out and they're asking him tough questions that allow him to respond in a damning way toward the police and the establishment.

Seems very unbiased to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish

The trouble with this is that would be singling out the messenger. This news reader was following a script and taking direction from the gallery. Personally I'd have refused to do it and I'd be out of work because of it. We need to complain about the message and treatment rather than the newsreader.
----
To the OP I totally missed this story and I have the BBC, al jazeera and RT on permanently on 3 screens. So thanks and S&F. He wiped the floor with the newsreader so It comes as no surprise that this didn't get many or indeed any repeat transmissions.

The police in this instance have behaved disgracefully and they'll eventually get theirs . What I find really troubling is the stance of the BBC. It's been years since I have trusted the BBC, but this is the most blatant incident I've ever seen of them being a government mouthpiece.

I see your point but every man can be held accountable for his actions no one else he decided to conduct the interview in this manner it is completely his fault
edit on 14-12-2010 by brizellious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Good comment from the BBC

I complained last night, immediately after watching the interview.

My objection is simply illustrated. Were Ben Brown to interview Charles and Camilla about having paint thrown at their car, would he repeatedly ask whether they were asking for it? Would he reference comments that Charles had previously made about other subjects to suggest they justified the attack? Would he ask whether Camilla had thrown anything at the protesters, and then, once she denied it, would he ask again?

The answer is of course no to all of those questions. The same respect should have been shown to Jody. This man did nothing wrong, was the subject of a documented assault by the police, and was treated to a hostile interview as if he were a government minister proposing a controversial new law.

It's not acceptable, it's not responsible and the BBC should sack Ben Brown for it. I'm sure he will find a welcoming home at Sky News, whose viewers are far more used to prejudice and ignorance being rewarded.

------------------

There's hundreds of cracking comments on there. Must have been ALOT of complaints!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They really hire the stupidest and most spineless monotone voices for these "news" jobs don't they?

They really know how to pick them.

Maybe it sounds like a cliche but they really are just tools of the elite and fully deserve to be totally dismantled and I wouldn't even care if these pitiless coward "journalists" were thrown into prison for 10 or 20 years just so they could get a taste of what the world is really like outside of their soapbox. Same for all of their bosses and corporate owners. And this man in a wheelchair should be given a medal.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Don't agree with the actions of the Police on this one.

Don't agree with the tone of the interview.

Despise the way the Police are being generalised and referred to here.

If people want to call the entire Police force scum because of the actions of a few of them, then they need to accept that the entire group of protestors are scum, because of the vandalism and violence they brought to the protest.

What?..... Dislike that sentiment? Well think about it some more. Do we live in a world of absolutes?

Do we label all for the actions of a few?

Have people really sunk to such a low intellectual level that they do that these days? If so - why protest about education? Its obviously going to be wasted.

You're holding a viewpoint that generalisations in themselfs must be wrong, no? You seem to be looking at this from an individual outlook. Individuals aren't the problem, it's the collective, the Police as an organisation! Not the police as individuals, but as a group, as a 'force'... For lack of a better word.

These protesters are independant people. There is no set no set rules for protestors. They aren't on a payroll, they don't blindly follow their bosses. It's just not comparable in the least.

It's more like saying "Republicans are scum", "Democrats are morons". While there may be a few Republicans and Democrats who don't tow the party line, they are few. And the rest fall into line.

Let me put it like this; With protesters, it's a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. With the police, the whole tree is rotting. You might get a few good apples from that tree, but the tree itself is generally buggered.

Understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join