BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 4
161
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by NadaCambia
 



When hundreds of police officers go out and hit protestors with batons, for protesting against a corrupt government, that's good? We've gone from small localised police to big massive police forces. Where local bobbies serving their community are no longer. Those days are long gone.


That's true, the police are state funded thugs in situations like this. Reminds me of Iranian basij last year attacking kids for congregating and protesting against corrupt state actions.


And the icing on the cake is that out politicians supported those kids. They supported the Iranian protests.

But they don't support protests when it's on their own front door against their own corrupt rule.




posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Does no-one think that this protestor was intent on provoking a reaction from the police, with friends in tow to capture his "selected" treatment in order to gain headlines for the cause?...kepp poking a tired angry bear with a stick and......

We know that people in protests want to gain headlines, sadly that seems to be gained by acts of violence.

I guess I'll now get more foes, sorry rivals added to my profile but hey ho. I'm only speaking my mind
I'm not sure I like this rival business on here.

And, no, again, i don't agree with how the police handled him.
edit on 14-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty
 



Yes I can agree with that, Its like the uniform goes to their heads or something.


Yep and an emotional inferiority complex, as the officers tend to overcompensate for something.

Perhaps many of them were bullied at school or by their parents at a young age, as they feel the need to express themselves as somehow superior to make up for their own shortcomings and lackluster.



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish
 


there is nothing wrong with a differing opinion, i can assure you your not on my rival list, i see nobody as my enemy, that stuff is what those in power tend to do.

what you said could be the same as what they are doing to protesters to silence any dissent. regardless if it is accepted that violence is to be condemned which the media tend to do with the protesters, then there is no ground to stand on when the police use violence.

you cannot condemn one person for it but make it o.k. for another. but the media are doing exactly that and the government.
it does not matter what the guy in the wheel chair did, he was not arrested therefore he could not of committed a crime, therefore the police action against him was violence and over the top.
edit on 14-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: missed the word 'the'



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11
 


I agree violence is to be condemned.

No-one knows who starts the violence, it usually stems from one person, and then it kicks off for whatever reason.

Faced with having to police a crowd that turns violent in all that commotion, how do you deal with and quash the violence in a non violent way?



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish
 


are the police dumb? no they are not, do the police get training? yes they do.

how can they see a man in a wheel chair as a threat? if he was in the way they could of easily wheeled him away without mounting him on the floor and dragging him. he was doing nothing wrong and was not committing a crime.

the police are highly trained and train for these situations, it was obviously done on purpose to either incite a response from protesters or because we have certain policemen who are not acting in a proper manner.

either way, abusing their power.
edit on 14-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: i put policeman instead of policemen



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is disgusting behaviour from the BBC. That cold, emotionless robot should be fired straight way. If I were Jody McIntyre, I'd file a complaint to the BBC too. Not that anything would be done about it


What ever happened to that Police man who murdered Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protest? Absolutely nothing!!!
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 14-12-2010 by dJbdJb because: included video link



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by JonoEnglish
 


are the police dumb? no they are not, do the police get training? yes they do.

how can they see a man in a wheel chair as a threat? if he was in the way they could of easily wheeled him away without mounting him on the floor and dragging him. he was doing nothing wrong and was not committing a crime.

the police are highly trained and train for these situations, it was obviously done on purpose to either incite a response from protesters or because we have certain policeman who are not acting in a proper manner.

either way, abusing their power.


That highly trained that they don't see the number of phones around them recording the act.

I don't think it was an attempt to incite the protestors at all.

What we don't see is what the disabled guys actions were previously to that.

I again must state the police offers involved in that were over the top.
edit on 14-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by lifeform11
 


I agree violence is to be condemned.

No-one knows who starts the violence, it usually stems from one person, and then it kicks off for whatever reason.

Faced with having to police a crowd that turns violent in all that commotion, how do you deal with and quash the violence in a non violent way?


You let people protest. It's their Democratic right. Or, it was, before the government changed the law.

It only happens when the police turn out en-mass in riot gear and start ordering protestors around telling them what they can and cannot do. That's why people are questioning if you've ever been to a protest yourself. You seem completely oblivious to the bullying from the Police at these sort of events. The way the police conduct themselfs is all wrong.

The Police get all armoured up expecting and waiting for violence, and because of that are heavy handed when something does occur. They're told events will be infiltrated by extremist anarchist groups and go into these events ready for battle. That's the wrong way to do things for a star. What the Police need to do is be at these events in standard police uniform, walking in and amongst the protests, not in a line of 100, but as singular officers. Be FRIENDLY(they'll struggle with this) with protestors. If that's done, trouble makers will be shunned not just by the police but by the protestors themself.

The Police are given orders to go in like they were the SS, in riot gear, push and bully people around, 'contain' people, and generally assert authority. As the old saying goes, you defeat your enemies by making them your friends. Only but an extreme few - and I mean EXTREME - would try to incite violence in the previously mentioned friendly-policing conditions.

It really wouldn't shock me if the police(as an organisation, not individuals) in collusion with the government, policed these protests in such a way as to purposely incite violence. To devalue the message and smear the protestors as thugs. Afterall, the majority British are already brainwashed into an Anti-Youth, Anti-Student point of view.



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dJbdJb
This is disgusting behaviour from the BBC. That cold, emotionless robot should be fired straight way. If I were Jody McIntyre, I'd file a complaint to the BBC too. Not that anything would be done about it


What ever happened to that Police man who murdered Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protest? Absolutely nothing!!!
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 14-12-2010 by dJbdJb because: included video link


I'm sure the disabled man will have wanted to have the same treatment in an interview, as any other able bodied protestor would of had.



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by JonoEnglish
 


are the police dumb? no they are not, do the police get training? yes they do.

how can they see a man in a wheel chair as a threat? if he was in the way they could of easily wheeled him away without mounting him on the floor and dragging him. he was doing nothing wrong and was not committing a crime.

the police are highly trained and train for these situations, it was obviously done on purpose to either incite a response from protesters or because we have certain policeman who are not acting in a proper manner.

either way, abusing their power.


That highly trained that they don't see the number of phones around them recording the act.

I don't think it was an attempt to incite the protestors at all.

What we don't see is what the disabled guys actions were previously to that.

I again must state the police offers involved in that were over the top.
edit on 14-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)


Their bosses and elite rulers put them in over the top. The current policing methods incite the violence. You talk earlier about provocation, the Police tactics is provocation at its best. If the Police didn't conduct themselfs like the Gestapo you'd see much less violence. I promise you.



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish
 


I respect your opinion but disagree with it on one aspect which actually reminded me of some of my experience.

I have never been a police officer but worked for social services teaching computer skills to so called "risk" teenagers. Many times as you probably can imagine the class in front of me was similar to a riot and there was provocation and sometimes physical threats. How would you rate me as a teacher if I had reacted towards them in the same manner that they were reacting towards me? Thankfully the job went quite well and I still visit the students I taught which still like me for some reason.

Did they ever get so much on my nerves that I felt like grabbing them of'f their chairs and dragging them out of the room? Yes. Did I? Of course not. Would it help? No. Is it perfectly natural to lose your cool? Yes - but if you can't control yourself the answer is simple - don't be a teacher.

The same applies to this scenario. Is it a tough job? Yes. Is it natural to lose your cool? Yes. Does it help the situation? No. And if you can't control yourself and perform your job than the answer is quite simple - don't be a police officer.

You ask what can you do to control a crowd - like I said I am not a police officer so don't know their training or procedures but even I know that when faced with a exalted crowd the worst - WORST - possible thing to do is grab a disabled person and drag them off their wheelchair. So at the very least if indeed they were just trying to calm down and control the crowd it labels this police force as the most incompetent police force ever. And the public has every right to point their finger at them and demand more competence.

So how do you control a crowd? One thing is for sure - if the first thing that comes to mind is violence or dragging people off their wheelchairs the answer is simple - don't be a police officer.


CX

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If i may balance out what appears to be yet another "tar them all with one brush, police hating thread" on ATS
...

Firstly, please know that what you see on that video is totaly out of order. The only reasons i could imagine you would have cause to drag a person from a wheelchair, is if their life depended on it or they were in immediate danger and it was quicker to drag/carry them out of harms way,

In a worse case scenario of this lad needing to be arrested, i see no reason why they couldn't wheel him away. For those who think disabled people can't be violent, think again. However this lad clearly has many limitations due to his CP, so we don't know what he is cspable of and it is wrong to judge. People in wheelchairs can throw things too, and just because a protester says he didn't, that doesn't make it true.

However, as i have mentioned in another thread, Sky News earlier showed not only this footage, but also video footage of this disabled activist walking (with great difficulty) along a sidewalk in the middle of the protest. He was clinging onto railings for support and there were a few officers around him pleading with his brother to get him back in his wheelchair for his own safety.

I will say that again. The officers were pleading for his brother to get him into the wheelchair and out of the way for the sake of his own safety.

Funnily enough i can't find the footage of the earlier incident, just plenty of this other one, but when i do i'll post it.

So what this officer who dragged the lad from his wheelchair for, i do not know, but it will surely be investigated and rightly so. However that was not all the police that day, many were looking out for this lads safety.

How about we talk about that for a little while instead of winding the whole of ATS up into a police hating frenzied mob eh?

CX.
edit on 14/12/10 by CX because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish
 





I again must state the police offers involved in that were over the top.


so you agree any police violence should be met with the same hatred as that voiced when protesters committed unprovoked violence?
nice

now why do you think the media are excusing and slanting any police violence?
also why do you think the media were against police violence in iran? and why were they concerned for iranian protesters?



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CX
 


no not tar them all with one brush, just condemning violence. why do certain people think violence is o.k. if the police do it, but wrong if anybody else does?



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't have much of an opinion on this because for all we know his brother could have been using him as a way to persistantly get at the police. For all we know they could have been taunting them repeatedly and driving at them and when the police do something about it they are filmed. The guy even admitted that they moved him twice.....just saying.



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
If i may balance out what appears to be yet another "tar them all with one brush, police hating thread" on ATS
...

Firstly, please know that what you see on that video is totaly out of order. The only reasons i could imagine you would have cause to drag a person from a wheelchair, is if their life depended on it or they were in immediate danger and it was quicker to drag/carry them out of harms way,

In a worse case scenario of this lad needing to be arrested, i see no reason why they couldn't wheel him away. For those who think disabled people can't be violent, think again. However this lad clearly has many limitations due to his CP, so we don't know what he is cspable of and it is wrong to judge. People in wheelchairs can throw things too, and just because a protester says he didn't, that doesn't make it true.

However, as i have mentioned in another thread, Sky News earlier showed not only this footage, but also video footage of this disabled activist walking (with great difficulty) along a sidewalk in the middle of the protest. He was clinging onto railings for support and there were a few officers around him pleading with his brother to get him back in his wheelchair for his own safety.

I will say that again. The officers were pleading for his brother to get him into the wheelchair and out of the way for the sake of his own safety.

Funnily enough i can't find the footage of the earlier incident, just plenty of this other one, but when i do i'll post it.

So what this officer who dragged the lad from his wheelchair for, i do not know, but it will surely be investigated and rightly so. However that was not all the police that day, many were looking out for this lads safety.

How about we talk about that for a little while instead of winding the whole of ATS up into a police hating frenzied mob eh?

CX.
edit on 14/12/10 by CX because: (no reason given)


And there we see a perfect example of individual officers conducting themselfs as moral human beings.

However, It's perfectly legitimate to dislike the Police. As a collective, they're a corrupt force that opposes Democracy.



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by CX
 


no not tar them all with one brush, just condemning violence. why do certain people think violence is o.k. if the police do it, but wrong if anybody else does?


People are brainwashed into believing Authority is self-justifying.

See my sig



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction
 


I agree, people shouldn't be in the police force if they can't cope with the job and that incident was wrong.

It's wrong to judge the whole police force and the way they handle protests based on the actions of a few.

Call it propaganda in the defense of the protestors.

Of course they aren't going to be polite, they need to convey authority and control. Sadly some demonstrators take that as an attack on them and their cause.

There maybe many police officers there who are in favour of what the demonstrators are demanding.



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by dJbdJb
This is disgusting behaviour from the BBC. That cold, emotionless robot should be fired straight way. If I were Jody McIntyre, I'd file a complaint to the BBC too. Not that anything would be done about it


What ever happened to that Police man who murdered Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protest? Absolutely nothing!!!
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 14-12-2010 by dJbdJb because: included video link


I'm sure the disabled man will have wanted to have the same treatment in an interview, as any other able bodied protestor would of had.


I'm not even going to start arguing with you, you've embarrassed yourself enough in this thread.





new topics
top topics
 
161
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join