It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I've had it with madness" Challenge!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

actually that sounds cool, I will check into it...

what I would really like to see though without using symbolism (mathematical equations) is the theory of "love" that all humans, even of different geographical locations can understand... an all encompassing theory of love that all mankind can understand without having to be physicist.

you know what I am saying a theory of "everything" that explains love, for the majority of the planet whom are not mathematicians.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I almost forgot to mention, there are more than a few spiritual books that convey this quite well... it can only explain why certain spiritual theory of love books have spread across all walks of life and cultures, great and small, smart and ignorant people.

yep makes perfect sense to me

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

"Love" is merely an expression of a desire for MHC gene variety. MHC (Major Histocompatibility Complex) is the quintessential framework behind our ability to fight of diseases and parasites. The genes code for the fundamental components of our immune system. This is found in all vertebrates.

Its been widely observed through multiple experiments on different animals and different populations of humans, all reaching the same conclusion, that an individual within a population is on average attracted to a member of the opposite sex with MHC genes more diverse then their own.

Such conclusion serves to further establish as a scientific theory that sex arose as a mechanism to counter parasitic infestation (see Hamilton, Williams, Maynard-Smith, et al). That is, those organisms that engage in sexual reproduction, chromosomal crossover and egg fertilization, are better equipped to fight off parasites (viruses, bacteria, and literally eukaryotic parasites) because of their genetic diversity. Once sex arose, evolution became an arms race for genetic and reproductive fitness. This is the "Red Queen" affect.

I suggest you read "The Red Queen", by Matt Ridley, which also covers the basics of reciprocal altruism, and read, or watch, "Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation". It was a BBC program, based on the book by Olivia Judson, that was found to be too risque for the states. I was able to find a download though after reading the book. Its a very informative book written with a great amount of wit and an even bigger amount of fabulous truth.

If parasites stimulate your interests, "Parasite Rex" is a terrific read for the layperson.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think the scientific explanation of sex and parasites is far more exciting than "god gave us love", which is not really an explanation at all, just a combination of words that happen to come after the word "god"

I fail to see any meaning

edit on 1-2-2011 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by uva3021

oh your tellin' me...

go try explaining your theory to the little kid down in Africa who even has no comprehension of the english language.

heck anywhere for that matter

I'll see you out on the street corner my friend...

edit on 2/1/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What? Evolution. Well, I guess I'd have to find someone who speaks the local language to bridge the gap...or I could just illustrate it.

Simple explanations of evolution and general biological concepts can be quite easily boiled down into simple drawings.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

What? Evolution.

no, the theory of "love" or a mathematical equation that puts it all down even for the layman and transcends boundaries of nationalities.

a book called the Bible does this very well... there are many other nationalities around me, even though I can't understand what they are saying... they have a church setup honoring this book.

lots of Asians I might add... and other nationalities too... all of them containing their own great and small people.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

oh your tellin' me...

go try explaining your theory to the little kid down in Africa who even has no comprehension of the english language.

heck anywhere for that matter

I'll see you out on the street corner my friend...

edit on 2/1/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

And because they lack the education to understand it's ok to just dumb it down to "god did it"??? Even if there's ZERO evidence to support that claim??

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

while your preaching whatever religion you are, that kid you mentioned in africa probably was just eaten by a lion

and a child's understanding or lack thereof of the English Language does not make immune to the mechanisms of natural selection and evolution lol

again all you are doing is saying "well people would desire this so therefore this is true and everything else is meaningless"

awesome way of thinking, just awesome

edit on 1-2-2011 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

while your preaching whatever religion you are

oh you didn't know ?

I thought I mentioned my religion in Heavy Metal

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
And because they lack the education to understand it's ok to just dumb it down to "god did it"??? Even if there's ZERO evidence to support that claim??

well there is really no evidence to support otherwise either then I guess ?

no evidence that a surfer-physicist or a computer programmer or even that reality and creation are a manifestation of our own mind, or that a big bang from nothingness did it... no evidence of nothing at all except for what we as a majority observe and agree upon of these observations.

the sky is blue after all

what is a bigger mystery to me at the moment is...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Soo....argumentum ad populum? It's popular and lots of people seem to think it's good, so it must be good? I'm sorry, but it isn't a book that actually describes love. If your deity is love then love involves genocide, mass rape, plundering, and unnecessary suffering.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

well I still have not seen proof that a computer programmer, surfer-physicist or the Big Bang did it... if you have evidence of either of these and it does not take being a physicist or a computer programmer to understand it, then by all means do post it...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Well, if you're going to talk about physicists and water sports....kayaking is probably the number one for them. Dunno why. Physicists just seem to enjoy kayaking.

But the thing is that you're arguing from a position that a simple answer is going to be the best. This is never really the case. Even the most mundane aspects of our universe have incredibly complex answers. Unfortunately, people prefer simpler answers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

no evidence of nothing at all except for what we as a majority observe and agree upon of these observations

NO! Majority opinion is irrelevant, only objective observations are important. A few hundred years ago the majority believed the earth to be flat because they didn't have all the facts...or because they were scared to get killed off by the church if they didn't agree.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

But the thing is that you're arguing from a position that a simple answer is going to be the best. This is never really the case. Even the most mundane aspects of our universe have incredibly complex answers. Unfortunately, people prefer simpler answers.

well the majority of your fellow humans are not physicist or computer programmers...

I need to see the mathematical equivalent of the theory of love laid out easily please, until you can post your evidence of the theory of everything, how it all happened and why then I will just keep reading that book that explains it best.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

well the majority of your fellow humans are not physicist or computer programmers...

I need to see the mathematical equivalent of the theory of love laid out easily please, until you can post your evidence of the theory of everything, how it all happened and why then I will just keep reading that book that explains it best.

It doesn't explain it best, until you can prove its claims, it's a work of FICTION!!

What's so hard in accepting that we just don't have all the answers? Why do you feel the need to make stuff up, or follow stuff others made up without providing any credible objective evidence???

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

no evidence of nothing at all except for what we as a majority observe and agree upon of these observations

NO! Majority opinion is irrelevant,
oh yeah ? tell it to the jury...

only objective observations are important.
in each ones own personal little bubble of a world.

A few hundred years ago the majority believed the earth to be flat
well then provide us with evidence of your version of reality then and stop arguing in circles and saying the same things over and over.

or because they were scared to get killed off by the church if they didn't agree.
are you so scared to post your personal evidence of the truth and theory of everything ? this is like a new time period, you do not have to fear for your life from persecution you know.
edit on 2/2/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It doesn't explain it best, until you can prove its claims, it's a work of FICTION!!
post your evidence and prove it...

What's so hard in accepting that we just don't have all the answers?
so the wanna be scientist admits finally? thank you... I never said we did. But love is a start you know.

Why do you feel the need to make stuff up, or follow stuff others made up without providing any credible objective evidence???
because I am not making it up... God is love my man and you can not destroy love, though you try so very hard, it says alot about a person.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join