It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I've had it with madness" Challenge!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

No one ever acted in a racist way and justified it with "Darwin told me to"

Bad things happened because of money, land, power, control, or whatever else...insanity if you want. But saying the theory of evolution caused (oxymoron in itself because a theory describes something, it doesn't act) racism is beyond laughable

laugh all you like, the evidence comes from it's leading proponents around abouts...

not even mentioning Darwin's theory is in major crisis, yet some are still so hung up on it only supports this psychological projection.

Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a theory in crisis in light of the tremendous advances we've made in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics over the past fifty years. We now know that there are in fact tens of thousands of irreducibly complex systems on the cellular level. Specified complexity pervades the microscopic biological world. Molecular biologist Michael Denton wrote, "Although the tiniest bacterial cells are incredibly small, weighing less than 10-12 grams, each is in effect a veritable micro-miniaturized factory containing thousands of exquisitely designed pieces of intricate molecular machinery, made up altogether of one hundred thousand million atoms, far more complicated than any machinery built by man and absolutely without parallel in the non-living world." [5] And we don't need a microscope to observe irreducible complexity. The eye, the ear and the heart are all examples of irreducible complexity, though they were not recognized as such in Darwin's day. Nevertheless, Darwin confessed, "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."
a Theory in Crisis

not to say it is a misconception, we are just moving on that's all...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Well, we know how eyes evolved...and complexity doesn't mean you can't explain how

Nothing in the link you posted opposes the theory of evolution, so I'm not sure what your point is.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Well, we know how eyes evolved...and complexity doesn't mean you can't explain how

Nothing in the link you posted opposes the theory of evolution, so I'm not sure what your point is.

no not really opposing the theory, more like stating the doubt even Darwin had, and shedding new light on modern science and the new way of thought. Microbiology is a heavy science indeed.

from the quote above and in Darwin's own words...

Darwin confessed, "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.

again must I state I am not doubting Darwin's theory r opposing it, I am only putting it in it's place...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
lol, this Cosmic Artifact guy gets his scientific information from allaboutgod.com

does not even warrant further commentary

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by uva3021
lol, this Cosmic Artifact guy gets his scientific information from allaboutgod.com

does not even warrant further commentary

I am sorry, the links I have posted come from allaboutscience.org... in which science is really only the search for God actually.

there are plenty of allabout websites, even atheism.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

they all operate under the same umbrella, allaboutgod.com

hold on let me do some research on jews real quick, at allaboutnazis.com

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

they all operate under the same umbrella, allaboutgod.com

hold on let me do some research on jews real quick, at allaboutnazis.com

even if... what's your point ?

are you only trying to discredit established fact with the voice of minority ?

I can search for the information I posted on other sites if you like... possibly even breaking it down to the dictionary and trustworthy encyclopedia ?
edit on 1/30/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

be my guest

i already looked up michael denton, and he has since rectified his former beliefs of irreducible complex bacterial cells, and believes in the "planted a seed" form of Creation

yet a point of view he held 25 years ago, one single scientists amongst hundreds of thousands, is still isolated as solid ground for creationists to denounce evolutionary theory

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

be my guest

i already looked up michael denton, and he has since rectified his former beliefs of irreducible complex bacterial cells, and believes in the "planted a seed" form of Creation

yet a point of view he held 25 years ago, one single scientists amongst hundreds of thousands, is still isolated as solid ground for creationists to denounce evolutionary theory

yes I am sorry yet again... but we must stay on topic, there are plenty of other topics to discuss that which you wish to change the subject into and then attack it.

the pattern is getting rather simplistic wouldn't you say ?

I am reading about the Big Bang on allaboutscience.org at the moment and I do not see any statements supporting Theism or Atheism, only observable "fact"

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

This is why non believers of evolutionary theory are an insult to humanity

lack of research and devastating gullibility

Took me 5 seconds to find out they are a subdomain of allaboutgod.com.

I was genuinely interested in a molecular biologists claiming he had definitive proof of irreducible complexity, which would prove evolution wrong, therefore I conducted brief research on the matter, by using google and clicking "About Us" on that website you provided

as it would have it, most of the scientific information from the website uses the 25 year old quotes that are now antiquated opinions of an estranged scientist

edit on 30-1-2011 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

no not really opposing the theory, more like stating the doubt even Darwin had, and shedding new light on modern science and the new way of thought. Microbiology is a heavy science indeed.

from the quote above and in Darwin's own words...

Darwin confessed, "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.

again must I state I am not doubting Darwin's theory r opposing it, I am only putting it in it's place...

You do realize that Darwin didn't have the means to examine something as complex as an eye in the same way modern science does today, right? It's not as if Darwin came up with his theory and things stopped after that...people expanded on the theory, and found out new things, like how the eye evolved. Darwin stated the basis of the theory, but that was over 150 years ago...believe it or not, but since then we've discovered remarkable things he couldn't even dream of. Funny enough though, none of that new stuff contradicts his theory.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

can you point out any of these non-believers for me on ATS please ?

I happen to be a Theist who accepts the theory of evolution as just that, a theory... there are better and more interesting theories like the Big Bang in my opinion, is there something wrong with my stance in your opinion ?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You get your understanding of evolutionary theory from allaboutgod.com?

you can obviously see how I could be so presumptuous

edit on 30-1-2011 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You get your evolutionary beliefs from allaboutgod.com?

you can obviously see how I could be so presumptuous

no I can not... do you have some kind of problem with Theist's ?

just about 95% of the humans on the planet believe in some form of a God in one way or another, on the other hand that nearly 95% seriously think the remaining minority suffer from some form of delusion.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

can you point out any of these non-believers for me on ATS please ?

I happen to be a Theist who accepts the theory of evolution as just that, a theory... there are better and more interesting theories like the Big Bang in my opinion, is there something wrong with my stance in your opinion ?

The big bang theory has NOTHING to do with the theory of evolution. One is part of the scientific field of COSMOLOGY and the other part of BIOLOGY. They aren't interchangeable or even related.

It's like saying you prefer the theory of general relativity over the theory of evolution...complete hogwash. You can't just exchange a physics theory with a biology theory!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

just about 95% of the humans on the planet believe in some form of a God in one way or another, on the other hand that nearly 95% seriously think the remaining minority suffer from some form of delusion.

And in ancient times the majority believed the world to be flat. It should be obvious why majority opinion isn't a good measure of whether something is correct or not

That's why scientists use scientific method, it's OBJECTIVE...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

52.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hey look! Another quote mine!

The rest of the quote from Darwin:

Yet reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from a perfect and complex eye to one very imperfect and simple, each grade being useful to its possessor, can be shown to exist; if further, the eye does vary ever so slightly, and the variations be inherited, which is certainly the case; and if any variation or modification in the organ be ever useful to an animal under changing conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, can hardly be considered real. How a nerve comes to be sensitive to light, hardly concerns us more than how life itself first originated; but I may remark that several facts make me suspect that any sensitive nerve may be rendered sensitive to light, and likewise to those coarser vibrations of the air which produce sound. (Darwin 1872, 143-144)

In fact, one need only look up 4 words on Google to find this out: Darwin eye quote mine

Or you could have just bothered to look up the sticky thread of "Index to Creationist Claims" because it's handled in the material referenced.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

just about 95% of the humans on the planet believe in some form of a God in one way or another,

Do I need to go over this again? I should really copy paste this into a notepad document...

About 500-750 million people in this world are atheists. Possibly more. That's a lot more than 5%

on the other hand that nearly 95% seriously think the remaining minority suffer from some form of delusion.

And this is an argument ad populum. So what if more people agree with you? That could just mean that more people are wrong.

So this is a claim based in both being wrong about the facts and using a logical fallacy.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

What's wrong with your stance? Well, I have personally explained to you why the way you're using 'theory' in this context is wrong. The theory of evolution is up there with cell theory and germ theory in biology.

Or is the fact that we're made up of cells 'just a theory'? Is the fact that germs cause a great portion of disease 'just a theory'?

Theory in science is an explanation of fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join