It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Al Qaeda Threatens Europe and Warns of Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
An Al Qaeda group has urged Muslims to flee as they vowed new threats once the three month truce ends in July 15th. The group warns Europe to accept Osama Bin Laden's truce or they will be the ones to blame for the attacks.

Al-Qaida reportedly warns Europe

"To the European people ... you only have a few more days to accept bin Laden's truce or you will only have yourselves to blame," said the statement purported to be from the Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades which claimed responsibility for the March 11 train bombings in Spain.

"Muslims in the West should depart to Muslim states if they can," the letter said.

"The race now is between you, time and European governments which refused to stop their attacks against Muslims. So do not blame us for what will happen, and we apologize to you in advance if you are among those killed."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In the statement they stated that Muslims living in the West should depart, and those who can't should live in Muslim areas and take precautions. Some of those precautions included to have food for a month, find ways to protect themselves and their families, have enough money with them to last for a month or longer, and to pray to God.

The statement also mentioned that attacks will continue until all prisoners that the US has are freed, until the US ends the war against Islam, and until all Muslim lands, including Jerusalem and Kashmir is cleansed of Jews, Americans and Hindus.

Related News
Group Warns Europe of More Terror Attacks

[edit on 7-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I've been warning a friend of mine about this for some time... she's planning to go to France - but I kept 'seeing' buildings on fire on the outskirts of Paris... and something suspicious around the Eiffel Tower... not to mention the 'no head scarves' ruling that will take effect in French schools in September that's sure to cause 'trouble'.

No wonder France is nervous and not 'supporting' the US.. they have a huge Muslim population.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by PsiEye]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades have been shown to be less the reliable in the past. They have jumped to claim everything from the Madrid train bombing to the east coast power outage last summer.

It is unlikely that anything will come of this puffed up claim.
I'm staking my reputation, such that it is on it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
oh, now it's on... they had to go mention the Hindus
(just kidding)

fighting between muslims and hindu is an accepted part of our history and daily lives. That is one saga that will never end.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hrm, the threat sounds like they might be planning to use some nukes or bio weapons or something. Group into known muslim area's, be sure to be able to stay there for a month or longer ...

4th of July is comming up. Perfect day to hit if you want to hurt america.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Hrm, the threat sounds like they might be planning to use some nukes or bio weapons or something. Group into known muslim area's, be sure to be able to stay there for a month or longer ...

4th of July is comming up. Perfect day to hit if you want to hurt america.

I sure hope nothing does happen either on the 4th of July or any other day. If we are attacked on the 4th they will know what American retribution really is, and things will truly become ugly even for those innocent Muslims that have nothing to do with terrorism. I do hope, not only for the sake of Americans but the world over, that we are not attacked on the 4th, or anytime after.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Uhm, actually, I believe the threat was directed towards european countries. Not that that doesn't mean America could be a target. But, I wouldn't consider this statement as an immenent warning to the USA.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I forgot all about the grace period. Well, now the European Community is going to pay for there crimes against the Muslim religion. Which nation will bow to there demands? Will the French be first? They did not fare well against the German nation during WWII. How about the English. At least they kept Germany at bay during the same war. Last but not least is Germany the nation that started the second world war.
Of the three nations I believe France will be first followed by Germany than Great Britian. Or maybe none will fold and they will band tightly together to confront this issue. If they give in Europe is lost and so is the European Common Market. I don't believe the US will allow this to happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So much for the US led war on terror and bush is wining. Right?

When Al-queda still have the cojones to make the European countries aftaid of what he can do. I wonder what war on terror is Bush wining.?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
I forgot all about the grace period. Well, now the European Community is going to pay for there crimes against the Muslim religion. Which nation will bow to there demands? Will the French be first? They did not fare well against the German nation during WWII. How about the English. At least they kept Germany at bay during the same war. Last but not least is Germany the nation that started the second world war.
Of the three nations I believe France will be first followed by Germany than Great Britian. Or maybe none will fold and they will band tightly together to confront this issue. If they give in Europe is lost and so is the European Common Market. I don't believe the US will allow this to happen.

your post makes no sense.
1: what crimes against the muslim world.
2: what does the 2nd world war have to do with this.
3: England? you`re American are you not. Or should that be southern Canadian?
4: What exactly is your point?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If an attack happens in france, i wonder what the reaction would be?

Seeing how they werent involved in the invasion of Iraq.

Its not like europe can do anything about the prisoners being held in the US.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
actually, France has been attacked by Algerian terrorists quite often. I don`t see them giving in yet.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Its not like europe can do anything about the prisoners being held in the US.

You are right Skadi_the_Evil_Elf, The European community can't do anything about the prisoners in US, but Al-queda led terrorist attacks can make the rest of the world to distance from US, and being against US policies that they can succeed I don't know what do you think?

Can you imagine if all the muslins countries go against US? And also the European community? May be one day they will just get feed up with US way of doing things and just tell US to go take a hike.
Do you think US will go against all of them, I think not.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Europeans have not committed crimes against the Muslims. That was joke aimed at the Muslims. France but up little resistance to the German invasion, they are the weakest link to this threat. Germany at one time in recent history was a super power how will they handle a relifious war. Last but not least is Britian who stood up to this threat but now they might have to face this situation alone.
You tell me how this will turn out!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Oh,and Germany never gave into the badier mienhoff group, and Britain never gave into the IRA, despite most of thier funding coming from the good old USA.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
The Europeans have not committed crimes against the Muslims. That was joke aimed at the Muslims. France but up little resistance to the German invasion, they are the weakest link to this threat. Germany at one time in recent history was a super power how will they handle a relifious war. Last but not least is Britian who stood up to this threat but now they might have to face this situation alone.
You tell me how this will turn out!

i`ve no idea how it will turn out.but i do know this. you take on the brits(especially us Scots) at your own risk. we never had the greatest empire for nothing.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
marg6043, i don't think you understand what is happening here. These are some of the demands the terrorists are making right now. Do you think anyone will meet their demands?? do you know the history of the middle East, of Jerusalem, or Kashmir? Those demands will never be met, its that simple. Hindus are not going to leave Kashmir, just as Jewish people and Christians around the world will not stop visiting or living in Jerusalem.

This is the same absurb demand that Osama made about Andalusia, btw Andalusia is in southern Spain, and part of Spain for those who do not know. It seems terrorists are now wanting to claim back all the territories that were conquered for a while by the Muslims in the 600s... This is never going to happen.

BTW the truce was given to Europe not to the U.S. or Brittain, so the U.S. has been open for attacks ever since 9/11.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Muaddib, this tells me that the terrorist will not give up, their demands may be silly but their purpose is to create fear in the people not necessarily the government. And I just posted an opinion in the worse scenarios thats all. And anybody knows that the war of this muslins radical is agaisnt US, but they want anybody involve with US polices to back off and leave US on his own. Perhaps they think US will feel vulnerable this way.

My grandfather was from Spain so I know were is Andalusia.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It does seem to be a bit too detailed. Two of the worst attacks (9/11 and 3/11) did not come with such global specific warnings. They cared little for the saftey of anyone including muslims. If there is to be a big attack, I believe it will come as a surprise on a day that has no significant meaning. That is what will drive the most terror among the people. Just like 9/11 and 3/11, normal days, nothing special and then it all falls apart.

Aside from that speaking as someone from the middle of the USA heartland, we may disagree with European countries over different issues but in the end we see Europeans as our brothers (our country was founded by European immigrants after all) and attacking them, is the same as us. Madrid was retaliated by the US, it was following that attack that the campaign in Afghanistan was stepped up, including apparent additional pressure on Pakistan. Another attack, would never be ignored. In fact I fear it would likely cause a dramatic escalation in events. It could be the event that sets the currently proposed draft into effect for the US.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh, and Marg, you asked if we are winning at all on the war on terror.. Yes we are, we have made great improvements. Look at how fast Saddam began to get rid of wmd in 2003 when he saw the coalition was going to invade Iraq. Look at the response from another known despot...Gaddafi quickly got rid of his wmd program and is urging other countries in the Middle East to do the same. All of this because we went to war with Iraq. Innocent people did die, it is a shame but it is part of war. If we would have agreed to more UN sanctions a lot more Iraqis, and children in this case, would have died.

My family roots are also from Spain, I was raised from 8 years old there until i was 17, so the Muslim and Christian crusades were part of the history I learned in Spain. Terrorists seem to want to go back to those days when the Muslim world set forth to conquer Spain, Italy, France and other parts of the Middle East, and they are trying everything to achieve this again.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Muaddib]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join