It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Al Qaeda Threatens Europe and Warns of Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
4th of July is acually a good bet for a 911-scale or bigger hit on a European country. I know there is supposed to be a "truce" in Europe now, but just think about it. Imagine if a country (in Europe for instance) had their national day on Sept 11th. Dancing in the streets, shooting fireworks and celebrating on that day. I bet the Americans would have a bad feeling about that. Of course Europe would know that the US is only celebrating their national day on that day as they always have and not celebrating the attack. But still it will give them a bad feeling of that celebration if the attack was a big one causing lots of casualities...
Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Muadibb, the history of spain is part of my background learning in PR

Gothic dominance lasted until 711, when Muslim armies crossed the Straight of Gibraltar and defeated Roderic, the last Visigoth king. Specially the southern parts of Spain, called al-Andalus, were prospering in the Moorish epoch, thanks to new sciences and agricultural technics. The Moors conquered major parts of the country until they were defeated for the first time by Visigoth king Pelayo at Covadonga in northern Spain, 722.
Though the small Christian kingdoms in the north were a nucleus of resistence, the Arabian culture was prospering in the rest of the country.

The Muslim Spain by the time got politically independent of the Arabian empire, and in 10th century Abderraman III. made Al-Andalus his own caliphate. In this epoch Cordoba was the indisputable cultural center of this area of the world. Decadence started in 11th century, when the various Arabian noble families were more and more at variance among themselves, and al-Andalus broke into numerous small caliphates. The Christian kingdoms in the north started then the reconquest of Spain. The marriage between Isabel of Castilia and Ferdinand of Aragon in 1469, uniting the two most important among them, was the turning point of the Reconquista. From now on Muslims rapidly lost territory, until they were definitely expelled when they lost their last remaining caliphate, Granada, in 1492.

About war in terror I have to disagree we are not better now that we were before 9/11 as a matter of fact terrorist are more angry with US than ever.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
From the original article

The statement said attacks would continue until the United States freed Muslim prisoners, ended its war on Islam and until "all Muslim land, including Jerusalem and Kashmir, is cleansed of the stain of Jews, Americans and Hindus."

The US is not waging war on Islam, but this kind of misinformation only makes it easier for them to get new recruits.

Originally posted by marg6043
When Al-queda still have the cojones to make the European countries aftaid of what he can do. I wonder what war on terror is Bush wining.?

marg, maybe the French and Germans and other European countries that refused to help in Iraq can answer this question. This may sound callous, but Bush's first priority is to the US, not Europe. The US is not to blame for their problems.

I don't want to start a war here, but I liken it to the Canadians who have told me numerous times that it is too bad if terrorists come into the US from Canada. Their lax immigration policies are their business. Our border security is ours to take care of alone, without their help. In other words, if terrorists cross into the US from Canada, too bad, it's our problem. Likewise, Chirac doesn't pass up an opportunity to thumb his nose art the US. So we in the US must adopt a similar attitude toward them.

:shk:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

About war in terror I have to disagree we are not better now that we were before 9/11 as a matter of fact terrorist are more angry with US than ever

and yet this thread is about terrorists targetting/threatening europe. (or is the "us" you refer to europe or the western world in general?)

looks like they're angry at everyone, not just the US. they're angry at the western world, not just one country.

christ wouldnt you be mad at someone for trying to stop you from doing what you want because you felt you were right and had a right to do it?

[edit on 2-7-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ThePrankMonkey, I guess you are right about that, I give you credit in your post, I wonder if the terrorist are trying to get to us through the European community after all US do have business with all of them.
Just because the terrorist are not doing any attacks in US soil they still getting to us in other ways.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So much for the US led war on terror and bush is wining. Right?

I have wondered the same thing myself. What war is Mr. Bush winning? It seems to me that things have gotten decidely MORE violent this last year. It is more and more apparent that the extremist Muslims want to dictate to the world and rule it one day.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma

I have wondered the same thing myself. What war is Mr. Bush winning? It seems to me that things have gotten decidely MORE violent this last year. It is more and more apparent that the extremist Muslims want to dictate to the world and rule it one day.

Its simple, it is true that the terrorists, radical Muslims, have wanted this and have been working on it for a long time. Their ultimate goal is exactly what was started by the Arabs that converted to Islam around 630 AD. They set out to conquer the world and bring it under Islam by force, this is the same the radicals are looking for. This conflict is an old one, and the conflict has not been just radical Muslims against Christians, Jews and Hindus, but against all those that are non-Muslims or even moderate Muslims, those who do not take all the teachings of the Koran literally. Most people don't want to listen to it, but its the truth.

Marg, about history i think it would be better to start another thread and discuss it there. But it suffices to say that the main bulk of sciences, including medicine came from the Assyrians, not the true Arabs. Most people these days think that every person living in the Middle East are only Arabs, but it is not so. Even thou most people in the Middle East were forced to learn Arabic when they were conquered, they come from dozens of different ethnicities.

There are dozens of these ethnic groups which even today live in the Middle East, and many of them don't like being called Arabs. There are Armenians, Assyrians, Beduins, Circassians, Chaldeans, Gypsies, Kurds, Persians and Turkomen among others. It is believed that the Nabateans could be the ancestors of the true Arabs, and also the Bedouins.

The people who were really responsible for spreading science and medicine are being forgotten and labelled just as Arabs because they were forced to speak Arabic and accept Islam.

Mesopotamia(Uruk) was the craddle of civilization, and it is what is now known as Iraq, the land of the Assyrians.

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If the muslims really would like to overt a war all they have to do is get the major mosks to say no more nonsense from the likes of osma and his gang of thugs.

BUT WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN DONE YET?

EXPECT A WAR WESTERNERS.

BUT EXPECT US TO HAVE THE BEST WEAPONS EASTERNERS.

we will take more of you than you will of us.

Why did he bother appologising to muslims if they get hurt. I thought in osmas eyes it was a really good thing to die for your religion. Either he dosnt believe his own preachings, or he just talks a load of cods wallop.

I dont believe this nonsense for one minute. But should it occur. And should it effect me directly, I am willing to start my own christian fundamentalist group. And then let them see who the real nutters are.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma

So much for the US led war on terror and bush is wining. Right?

What Mr. Bush has been able to do is take the war to the terrorists, and keep them from bringing it to the USA. Yes it has been more violent, but not on the same scale, and not within our borders.

Think of it this way...
If your going to have a knock down drag out brawl, would you want to do it in your own living room? Or across the street with the jerk who started it.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Question is when are we going to lead by example and get rid of our massive stockpile of WMD?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Question is when are we going to lead by example and get rid of our massive stockpile of WMD?

When it is no longer necessary as a deterrent.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What Mr. Bush has been able to do is take the war to the terrorists, and keep them from bringing it to the USA. Yes it has been more violent, but not on the same scale, and not within our borders.

Yes, you are right bush keep terrorism away from US, but do you call that a victory? Perhaps yes?

He kept terror from our border and shore and took it to Iraq,
Terrorist do not have to come to US soil, they do not have to, they are targeting and killing us in Iraq, Afghanistan, and any other place that Americans go, they are targeting our allies and other nations that help US, they are targeting any place that our troops go making then not safer as liberators of another country.

That US is safe, I think not, if you as a citizen of this country can not even leave our shore and borders without been targeted.

Thanks Mr. Bush for the fight on terrorism.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yes, you are right bush keep terrorism away from US, but do you call that a victory? Perhaps yes?

Yes I DO!

That US is safe, I think not, if you as a citizen of this country can not even leave our shore and borders without been targeted.

Thanks Mr. Bush for the fight on terrorism.

He never said he was going to make the world safer, and it's not his job.

[edit on 7/5/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

He never said he was going to make the world safer, and it's not his job.

Yes he did, " Fighting terrorism will make the world a better place to live in"
It was his job to invade and destroy another country? he took that job too.

And something else, if becoming a prisioner in your own country is the meaning of freedon then, What a pitty.

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
Last but not least is Britian who stood up to this threat but now they might have to face this situation alone.
You tell me how this will turn out!

We stood alone 60 years ago, against a far, far greater threat, and we stood firm. Our roots are deep and strong.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think it's obvious to both of us that we don't see eye to eye on this. That's OK, we don't have to. This country allows for us to have different opinions then each other, and different from the governent.

We may live in the same country, but we are quite worlds apart.

I'm sorry if you feel like a prisoner in your own country, I sure don't. If I had to constantly look over my shoulder to see who was going to bomb me, I would though.

I'll promise not to bomb your world, if you promise not to bomb mine.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The only time that US got threatened was during the attack of pearl harbor, we has been pretty much safe in our own soil, but that does not avoided the politicians and administrations of this country to send our troop to go and die on another countries soil. What an irony for our fallen heroes to die on another country soil.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The only time that US got threatened was during the attack of pearl harbor, we has been pretty much safe in our own soil, but that does not avoided the politicians and administrations of this country to send our troop to go and die on another countries soil. What an irony for our fallen heroes to die on another country soil.

There has only been 3 wars in our history when our soldiers have died exclusively on our own soil. The revolutionary war, the war of 1812, and the civil war. 2 out of 3 of those we were defending ourselves against invaders, sorry muppet, and the other was brother on brother.

It is not unusal for our soldiers to fight and die on foreign soil. They have done it proudly. And mostly with the appreciation of those we liberated.

I guess if someone hasn't served their country before, they just don't get it. We don't really fight and die for a scrap of land, we fight and die for ideals, life, liberty, and the pursuit of hapiness.

Those of us who have served will gladly do it, whether you appreciate us or not!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
phreak_of_nature,

We live in the same country, a country that I am proud to said that 6 members in my family through the years has given their life for our way of life, ( world war through vietnam) I love this country, what I don't like is the way our politician disregard this great country and his beautiful people to go to another countries and bring destruction, chaos and terrorism (Iraq) in the name of the people of this country. For something that the people of this country did not have a said so we are seen as invaders, bullies and now has been targeted around the world, just for being Americans, that is not the way my deceased members and the fallen heroes of this country will have like it to be.

By the way My brothers also serve in the military, they are well, and I was a military wife until my husband retired from 23 years of service as a Marine, yes I have served this country well.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This truce is a bunch of propaganda. Why don't the news sources admit how they obtained this truce information. Where did they get the information from? Did a terrorist walk up to the News Agency and give them a letter or what?

The terrorists know that these nations will not give in to the demands, that should be obvious. The Muslim lands don't even have the amount of weaponry and fire-power of western-type nations. In my opinion, I don't believe that this truce was written up by an extremist group. I believe it was written by Intelligence Agencies to help foment the war that is occurring today, to get the western-type nations to fight against the Muslim lands, those lands where the people have only sticks and stones and a few AK-47s.

And this truce propaganda is coming right at the time when the United States is nearing the election race, a time when the United States received "credible" Intelligence of a major attack planned on United States soil by "Al-CIAda".

The history of the Muslim Nation victories cannot be repeated today, that should be obvious as well to everyone. This is why I think that this true propaganda is made by the Intelligence Groups.

The terror attacks will happen in the United States, in my opinion, when people will be expecting them to happen in Europe somewhere. It will happen before the elections.

Yep, the new war and New World Order calls for lots of deception against the people of the "Free Nations" to give up their freedoms as this War on Terrorism heats up.

By way of deception thou shalt wage war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join