It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good SOHO Footage of UFO passing Sun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
but why are we not hit by them far more?

Because space is very big... and most of those are heading for the sun

As to ones getting CLOSE to us..one just missied us by a cosmic hair on Oct 12, 2010 (Maybe that was the GFL cruiser?

Asteroid 2010 TD54 to Pass Within Earth-Moon System on October 12, 2010 October 11, 2010 A small asteroid will fly past Earth early Tuesday within the Earth-moon system. The asteroid, 2010 TD54, will have its closest approach to Earth's surface at an altitude of about 45,000 kilometers (27,960 miles) at 6:50 EDT a.m. (3:50 a.m. PDT). At that time, the asteroid will be over southeastern Asia in the vicinity of Singapore. During its flyby, Asteroid 2010 TD54 has zero probability of impacting Earth.

Unless of course NASA MISSES one
Like the one last year that they spoted AFTER it passed us and then almost hit Mars. It was funny watching ATSer wishing it to blast Mars.
I wonder if the Martians do the same thing?

Here are two more

Two Small Asteroids to Pass Close by Earth on September 8, 2010 September 7, 2010 Two asteroids, several meters in diameter and in unrelated orbits, will pass within the Moon's distance of Earth on Wednesday, September 8th. The Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson Arizona discovered both objects on the morning of September 5 during their routine monitoring of the skies.

As to reliable reporting from NASA...

Asteroid 2010 KQ: Probably a Rocket Body May 27, 2010 A small asteroid-like object has been discovered in an orbit about the Sun that is so similar to the Earth's orbit that scientists strongly suspect it to be a rocket stage that escaped years ago from the Earth-Moon system

asteroid-like object... Probably a Rocket Body

They don't even know where they dump their rockets...

Be afraid
Be VERY afraid... but you can keep an eye on them here
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks Chad..I'll try to work it out..

Yes, the one you posted looked like planets..
The one in the OP's vid definitly isn't..
Though it could be fake, hence why I'd rather check from the source.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Can we search back to the actual files with the time/date stamps we have?
Does SOHO keep the images available?

Yes we can. Go to SOHO
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

select data/archive
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Search and Download SOHO Near Realtime Data
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

Select the data set you want and enter a start date and end date Leaving end date blank will generate only the one day you asked for

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
How do we know the object went through the Sun? Do we have anything to compare it to, to validate its size?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Can't say I can see the change in course spoken about, I see a curving trajectory though is this what you're talking about?

You can see the same trajectory here too:

(You can see some of Jupiter's planets too, very cool vid)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You can definitly see it change direction when it comes through the sun shield Chad..
Are you looking at the Op's vid??

It moves from the left pretty much horizontal, then after passing by the sun it dips down quite a bit.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Sorry but I see a gradual curved trajectory from start to finish.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I'll watch it again and mark it onscreen..
Sometimes the eyes play tricks..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Definitly changes course..
Probably by more than 30 degrees..
No doubt about it Chad..
I'll try and search the originals incase it's a hoax..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489
How do we know the object went through the Sun? Do we have anything to compare it to, to validate its size?

No it could be anywhere between the space craft and the sun, and since the sun is blocked we don't know if it went behind or in front of it. It could be a small object close to the spacecraft

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by onehuman

These same uneducated "claims" based on misinterpreting/not understanding how SOHO works and what is being seen....these claims have been around for a long time.....only get popular again, due to the viral nature of the Internet, and people piling on the bandwagon of ignorance.

Hence, you see UTube flooded with this junk.....only to later infest ATS.....

Highly recommend some research, and starting with a rational and sane explanation, courtesy of "Bad Astronomy" and Phil Plait:

www.badastronomy.com...

Thats all fair enough and true in most cases but did you actually watch the video?
I just wonder if one day we will miss the real thing..
Boy who cried wolf syndrome......

Actually according to "de-bunkers" and "skeptics" alike there is no possible way to provide legitimate evidence that UFO can even possibly exist as there will always be a simpler explanation. They always win and are never wrong or open for alternative because there is no possible way to provide any evidence ever of anything "out of the ordinary"

Apparently the SOHO is so susceptible to "debris" and "pixel flares" and "equipment malfunctions" and "dust" and "swamp gas" and "over sensitive pixel problems" and "energy waves" and "solar flares" and "flares" and "solar s" and "flaring solar dust partial pixel gas swampification malfunction rotational camera orbit image processing problem.......(out of breath)....that there is no possible way that anything you ever see EVER!! on the SOHO will be ANYTHING buuut normally expected run of the mill completely explainable and safe to our sanity malfunctions.

This goes for virtually ALL forms of evidence for anything ever everywhere concerning or regarding UFO's or Aliens or Ghosts or anything that would cause a mental malfunction equal to that of the SOHO malfunctions.

All videos are hoaxes
All pictures are photo shopped or sun flares or Frisbee s ,
All witnesses and witness testimony is insane mental drivel or greedy attention whoring scammers.
All witnesses on video are hoaxed photo shopped sun flares
Any alien you possibly see is a man in a suit or a classic dummy of some kind

So fear not folks there is nothing out of the ordinary because, well we don't even leave that as a possibility everything is already explained and we know all. So why doncha just move right along.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Now take a deep breath 1,2,3,4,5....Better?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I gave you the wrong movie archive, I linked to SOHO, not Stereo.

Here's the link to the Stereo gallery:

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 2/12/10 by Chadwickus because: Zorgon made Armap do it

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Sent it to LunaCognita to give us a motion/flight path. Let you know when I get it back

Object first enters the video Dec5th, 2008 at 3.00
and reaches the left edge of the disc Dec 9th 2008 at 07.07. 30
then reappears 10/12/2008 at 15.07.30

So its moving relatively fast

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So its moving relatively fast

tsk tsk, you know better than to say that without knowing distance from the camera..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Here is a 24 hour time lapse of the object (Jupiter) moving across the FOV:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f294bd18d3e6.gif[/atsimg]

Grab a piece of paper or a ruler or anything straight edged and hold it over the image, line it up with the first screen grab of the object and then line the other end up with the last screen grab.

Watch where it goes in relation to the straight edge.

We're all wrong in fact, it moves in a straight line, no curves whatsoever.

edit on 2/12/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yup your right

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Nice work Chad..It is a straight path..
Do the planets orbit in the same direction?
Looks like the second one coming in at the end orbits in an opposite direction..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

The planets all rotate in the same direction.

The first object, Jupiter, goes behind the sun. It will never pass in between the two Stereo spacecrafts and the sun.

The second object is Mercury and is passing between the Stereo A spacecraft and the sun.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The planets all rotate in the same direction.

The first object, Jupiter, goes behind the sun. It will never pass in between the two Stereo spacecrafts and the sun.

The second object is Mercury and is passing between the Stereo A spacecraft and the sun.

Ahh, that would explain why they look similar in size, Jupiter being much larger but further away..
Thanks for your research and patience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join