It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good SOHO Footage of UFO passing Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
courtesy of "Bad Astronomy" and Phil Plait:
www.badastronomy.com...

'bad' astronomy' What a joke

And where does Phil, a guy making money and selling books on 'debunking' show that this object that changes direction after going behind the disc is a mundane explanation?

This one is moving to fast to be a planet transition, to slow and no tail for a comet, its not an image artifact, and changes trajectory

Nice try Wacky but no ceegar

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

courtesy of "Bad Astronomy" and Phil Plait:
www.badastronomy.com...

'bad' astronomy' What a joke

And where does Phil, a guy making money and selling books on 'debunking' show that this object that changes direction after going behind the disc is a mundane explanation?

This one is moving to fast to be a planet transition, to slow and no tail for a comet, its not an image artifact, and changes trajectory

Nice try Wacky but no ceegar

lol, thats funny considering Weedwacker comdems most websites that are in it for the money as con artists..
But I guess if they agree with WW they must be OK..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That SOHO "footage" is from two years ago!!

It's old news....not even news!

Oh, and yes....fortunately there ARE people like Phil Plait who take the time to beat down the more nutty "claims", made by people who simply do not have the technical knowledge to comprehend what they're seeing.

Or, is there anything about Phil Plait that points to an agenda OTHER than helping to beat back the rampant ignorance that infests these topics?

Most intelligent people, like astronomers and other scientists, don't bother. They may chuckle, shake their heads in amazement at the gullibility displayed....but some other people actually cringe when this sort of nonsense gets attention, as IF it has any merit.

Because, like any other BAD information, more naive people will read it, and not have the capacity to apply critical thinking skills, and will then pass it along to even more innocent victims....

UTube has become the bane of modern existence, and scientific discourse......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and fine fettle, criticising Phil Plait, by a guy who runs a website of his own???
edit on 1 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
It's planets moving in an eliptical orbit around the sun.

No its not... nothing elliptical about that trajectory

If there were large UFO's thousands of people all over the world would have spotted them.
It's just another case of someone looking at the pictures from STEREO and not learning about what they are seeing.

Why would it be a large UFO?
How do we know how far away it is from the sun? The black center disc that covers the sun on the SOHO satellite is 1 million miles from Earth the Sun is 93 million miles. Why do believers and skeptics always assume its near the sun or going behind the sun? Maybe it's a piece of NASA ice floating in front of the space craft?

As to "thousands of people all over the world would have spotted them." I would say millions have reported just that

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well actually I think that the first one could be Jupiter and the second that comes into view could be Mars or Mercury?

Or is it the other way round?

Too early for me.

This is sort of helpful:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Select the orbit tool and the dates seen in the video.

You'll also need to select Outer solar system to see Jupiter.

edit on 1/12/10 by Chadwickus because: Zorgon made Armap do it

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

What?

ATS makes money too...and not be defrauding innocent and naive people.

So, Phil Plait wirtes books? Lots of people do. Some even make an income from the process.

Does it seem, though, IF someone writes a completely fictional book, and then markets it as "truth"....that isn't deceptive?? They are certainly free to find a niche market, if they can. BUT, it is also important to point out LIES too. Look around you at any number of publications, and then separate the wheat from the chaff.......

Critical thinking skills. Seem to be a dying discipline, as years go by. Poor state of public educaiton, in most recent times?? Must be......

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I get that WW but I also ofet see you and others, when someone links a site you all say, "well look at that site, they're selling a book or T shirts, therefore they're con artists"
I see it all the time mate..Next time I'll point it out for you..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My friend,

reply to post by onehuman

Absolutely awesome, such a great find

One wonders, by its changing shape

Many thanks,

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You seem like a logical minded person , and I respect Your skeptical view on the UFO cases (we need skeptics to keep the over zealous believers in check
) , but would You be so kind and do me the favor of discussing the video/object instead of the date ? I would like to read why You personally think that this video is fake/camera anomaly/space debris/etc ? If You would be so kind and point out Your opinion without giving me a link to a debunking site that has their own opinion I would be very thankful.

I am not stating that this has to be some mysterious planet/et-craft/space monster , but it does look interesting .

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Another red herring... you seem to like tossing fish :shk:

I never saw it till today... thanks to the poster
Its one of the BEST 'possible ufo's" I have seen in SOHO.

Roswell was over 50 years ago yet we still make threads on that today and my best flagged UFO threads are old cases that new people are not aware of

Oh, and yes....fortunately there ARE people like Phil Plait who take the time to beat down the more nutty "claims", made by people who simply do not have the technical knowledge to comprehend what they're seeing.

Yeah your right, really sad... especially when guys like him and that 'utah' guy with the wig... go out of their way to push their agenda. Like Phil and Utah being the advisors on the Myth Bisters Moon Hoax Debunk...
Nothing biased about THAT

Or, is there anything about Phil Plait that points to an agenda OTHER than helping to beat back the rampant ignorance that infests these topics?

See above...

Most intelligent people, like astronomers and other scientists, don't bother. They may chuckle, shake their heads in amazement at the gullibility displayed....

Hmmm Phil is an astronomer? Seems he is too busy selling Debunk... but then scientists are preying on their own kind all the time should one of them DARE to suggest ANYTHING outside of the mainstream box. And when they do they get NASTY make em retract papers, shame them out of the academy, cut funding... like Eugene Podkletnov for example.

You can keep your BAD astronomers... I'll stick with the ones that can tale a picture of the Moon and show me that pretty blue gem of Aristarchus

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So, Phil Plait wirtes books? Lots of people do. Some even make an income from the process.

They are certainly free to find a niche market, if they can.

I have screen captured this
Next time you bash someones right to publish, what ever their opinion, I will gladly point you back to this post

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So what your saying here is that it is okay for me, or John Lear or Jose Escamilla to write our opinions and info here at ATS so ATS can make money without paying royalties to the author,

But if Zorgon or John Lear or Jose Escamilla write a book or make a video they are 'just in it for the money'?

Tweety has a name for those like you

Hippotwits !

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by zorgon

So what your saying here is that it is okay for me, or John Lear or Jose Escamilla to write our opinions and info here at ATS so ATS can make money without paying royalties to the author,

But if Zorgon or John Lear or Jose Escamilla write a book or make a video they are 'just in it for the money'?

Tweety has a name for those like you

Hippotwits !

Applause comes to mind

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Really awesome Unknown Space Object!

S&F!

That thing, however seems huge!

To Zorgon: I love your irony, friend

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Funny that you have a problem with youtube and 2 year old videos, because you seem to not have a problem when you did it. Do you remember this..

Found this video on YouTube quite by chance. I see it's been up, there, for about two years, so I doubt if it's "new" to ATS....but, I don't recall seeing it mentioned before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This seems to show you as a hypocrite does it not? So you need to maybe think about things before you decide to post think to make comments like this especially if you have done the exact same thing before. Amazing that you would have this kind of comment. And by the way this video is a very intriguing one if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

?????

VERY different contexts.

I WAS ASKING about that particular video, since it hadn't (I thought) been posted for comment. SO WHAT if it's two years old?

Compared to the guy on UTube who posts video from two years ago and presents it as "recent"...AS IF IT WERE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!! The UTuber even makes the comments about SOHO being "taken down" by NASA.

False.

Can you really not see the difference??

And, as for "zorgon", or "John Lear" posting here, and "losing royalties"?

Again, I say
??

Gee.....I see people who ADVERTISE their own WEBSITES in their SIGNATURES!
And, Lear? When did HE last post?

Casting stones, eh?

And, this is no offence to the OP, who posted (they thought) an interesting video for comment. WELL, it got comment!!! It is vitally important, though, that the full context of that particular video is understood, and mentioned, for clarity....in case people overlook it.

Too often, such little clues are overlooked, by overly zealous "believers", who latch on to the flimsiest of reasons to make outrageous claims...I keep saying it diminishes the level of adult discourse, here........and serious investigations. Gives it an almost circus-like atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
My goodness you folks have been busy while I stepped out.

I sometime wonder what people really read of the original post. I had to mention twice that I did point out the fact that this video was made in 2008. So yes I can add and realize it was two years old. It wasn't like I posted this thread as "Breaking News."

I merely thought it was decent footage, it should be seen if it hadnt been seen by now, and being two years old lets us know this has been going on for at least two years.

I thank the posters that actually paid attention for that much at least. Watching the comments are really teaching me a lot as well, so thanks for that too.

Someone did mention the Boy who cried wolf. With all the coverup of so many things, why not make a "scientific statement to what something is so most will just say oh and forget about it. Maybe there really is a elephant passing by the sun.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

A point on the posting of the video. It was made form two-year old data, true. BUT, was posted recently. THAT was the point, and only point. The UTube poster was deceptive. Just click, and go to the channel,a nd see it there, rather than just watching the embed on the ATS thread.

He says, in the description, that NASA is "now censoring" the data and images. A lie.

Consider the source, is what doesn't get done here, sometimes.....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

And, this is no offence to the OP, who posted (they thought) an interesting video for comment. WELL, it got comment!!! It is vitally important, though, that the full context of that particular video is understood, and mentioned, for clarity....in case people overlook it.

Too often, such little clues are overlooked, by overly zealous "believers", who latch on to the flimsiest of reasons to make outrageous claims...I keep saying it diminishes the level of adult discourse, here........and serious investigations. Gives it an almost circus-like atmosphere

So far I have seen you make many comments but nowhere have I seen you post what you think this thing is in the video..
Have you a theory about what it is WW ???

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
And by the way this video is a very intriguing one if you ask me.

Yes it is... in fact its one of the first ones that I have seen that actually has something observed for a long term that doesn't fit the normal 'explanations'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join