It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good SOHO Footage of UFO passing Sun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
And by the way this video is a very intriguing one if you ask me.

Yes it is... in fact its one of the first ones that I have seen that actually has something observed for a long term that doesn't fit the normal 'explanations'

Yes, it's clearly moving so it's not a lens artifact..You say it's path is not that of a planet..
So what is it in your opinion???

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Im with you, now that we have gotten some of the other clutter out of the way, Im very interested in what some might think it is. Im not ruling out the scientific thoughts, but my guts just seems to think there's more to it then that.

I really cant help what the poster of the video said or did, I'm just interested in the footage itself. It certainly can't be cgi, at least I wouldn't think so anyway.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I am not caring about the context or even content. What I am showing is how you have a problem with youtube and a video that was 2 years old, but you have done the same thing so you don't seem to have a problem when you are guilty of going the same thing. I am sure you know what a hypocrite is right? I get it you can post a 2 year old video from youtube and that is ok,but if someone else does it you seem to have a problem.

I WAS ASKING about that particular video, since it hadn't (I thought) been posted for comment. SO WHAT if it's two years old?

So then what was the OP doing when he put this up..

If this has been posted before, then Im guessing it was a while back and many new members haven't gotten a chance to see it. If it hasn't been then well good, we get to see something that perhaps NASA has known about for awhile now as well. What do you folks think this is? I don't think a meteor would take three days to cross the sun and change direction and shape would it?

Take note that in plain english the OP asked this...

What do you folks think this is?

Is this not the same thing you said you were doing in your post? Seems like it is, interesting isn't it?

One more thing you made this comment correct...

Does it seem, though, IF someone writes a completely fictional book, and then markets it as "truth"....that isn't deceptive?? They are certainly free to find a niche market, if they can. BUT, it is also important to point out LIES too. Look around you at any number of publications, and then separate the wheat from the chaff.....

So then why are you contradicting yourself here, because from what you are saying above that people are free to find a niche market yet when Zacharia Sitchin and Steven Greer do it they are frauds and hoaxters.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am very surprised that the usual debunker crowd hasn't come by and let it fly, so to speak. Is this something that may have them unsure of how to debunk it? I don't know, but usually we would have a few explanations of what this is. yet it is quiet. Is this the calm before the storm?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I guess we are just suppose to believe it is hot pixels and move along.... I sure would like to hear some opinions though, and you are right, it is rather quiet so it does make me wonder.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

They are probably working feverishly trying to find a way to debunk it. I mean it is hard to just say it is the usual things, because this has been around for 2 years which should have been enough time to figure out what debunks it. That makes me think that no one has been able to do it and maybe there is something to it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
They are probably working feverishly trying to find a way to debunk it. I mean it is hard to just say it is the usual things, because this has been around for 2 years which should have been enough time to figure out what debunks it. That makes me think that no one has been able to do it and maybe there is something to it.

Weed Wacker tried
I am willing to bet he didn't watch the video before he shot from the hip
Your right it's quiet in here, you could hear a pin drop. Maybe they hope it will just be forgotten about.

I need to track that trajectory... will take a bit of time... maybe tomorrow. Also need to time the transverse and how long it was out of view. I have someone who might be able to take that one

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

That is possibly the slowest ufo I have seen...if you look at the minutes it's taking an awfully long time to move past the sun....don't think it's a ufo and don't have the facts to back it nor does someone have the facts to say it is a ufo in the traditional sense i.e. alien...so technically it unidentified but I can't say that it's flying..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Tragically, people will just swallow some anonymous YouTube video post, and its claims, without critical question. To understand the technical details of how, in this case, SOHO works, and the science behind it.

Here, this might help people get started to denying ignorance:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.sciencebuddies.org...

Some older news, about a bit of difficluty it encountered back in 2003. You can get bits of info about it, from reading this, as to some of its working details:

www.spacetoday.org...

If people REALLY wanted to find out more details about these image anomalies, maybe one of you may wish to contact the people who WORK with the SOHO? And ask them to explain.....Perhaps this man:

www.pars3c.com...

Here's an article from 2006. About the SOHO mission being "extended" to 2009. Do ya think, maybe, it's getting old??? And, has glitches now and then???:

The spacecraft was launched on December 2, 1995, and it has been steadily observing the Sun ever since. Over the next two years, five additional spacecraft will join SOHO to observe the Sun. ESA is involved in two of these spacecraft: Solar B, and Proba-2. NASA will launch the STEREO pair of spacecraft, as well as the Solar Dynamics Orbiter in 2008.

New funding, to extend the mission of ESA’s venerable solar watchdog SOHO, will ensure it plays a leading part in the fleet of solar spacecraft scheduled to be launched over the next few years.

www.universetoday.com...

It is joined, over the years, by the other craft, as the article states. STEREO is one of them. ALL work to provide data, for study. (And, the experts know when to ignore spurious noise, and garbage in the images....).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA: Found this explanation, from another science forum. Describes (in better words than I thought of) what I've been trying to explain:

I watched the video--once I turned the music down--and didn't see anything unusual. First, there is a lot of frame to frame variation due to video compression. If you want to do real analysis, get the original uncompressed files.

I also saw some dust in the vicinity of SOHO. Remember that with optical systems, dust near the focal point can look quite large. SOHO is located in the Earth-Sun L1 point, which is inherently dusty. To give you some idea, go out on a clear, dark night--camping in the mountains is fine, or just a vacation there. Deserts also work, but are not as nice to visit during the day.

If you look in the sky directly opposite the sun's location, you will see a diffuse glow. This is sunlight reflected from dust in or near the Earth-Sun L2 position. L1 is not quite as dusty, but close. (L4 and L5 contain more dust but spread over a larger area. You can't see those glows with the naked eye as the L4 and L5 points are much further away from Earth.) Oh, and you can't see L3 from Earth at all. ;-)

As for the black spot, this looks to be a rat. ;-) That is the name given to cosmic ray hits on the camera sensor that are not in the plane of the sensor. They look black because the cosmic ray hit effectively shorts the CCD cells around the hit for a short period of time, so no photons are counted.

To make a long lesson quite short, the remote sensing crowd in the space and intelligence communities have now had 50 years of collective experience with all sorts of fruit and other artifacts that can show up in radar and visual image data. I don't know of any university that has a Master's or PhD program specifically in this area, but I know a few Astrophysics professors who spent decades learning the tricks of the trade. (I worked on the design and development side of the industry, so my exposure is mostly from watching the experts tear into a design and look for potential error and failure sources.)

www.physicsforums.com...

I'd say this person knows what they're talking about....wouldn't you??

Oh, but someone is sure to come along and claim he/she is a "shill", or "Phil Plait" using another screenname, or what other excuse that I haven't thought of, yet??

edit on 1 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Maybe the U.F.O went into the sun to recharge its powers? If you watch SGU you know what I'm talking about
I wouldn't be surprised either because in a recent SGU episode, the crew of Destiny finds out that there is some sort of cosmic radiation left from BEFORE the big bang and that it seems to be artificial. And a new discovery was made just like it, but not artificial. Go to link for more info on the discovery. At the end is where it makes the SGU connection.

news.discovery.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Yes, it's clearly moving so it's not a lens artifact..

Actually, I think the type of artifact that Phil was talking about could move like that.

For example, perhaps it's a very distant but very energetic object orbiting around something either behind the sun from our perspective or out of frame entirely.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You quoted from the comments section??
An unknown person called "eachus" ???
And then tell us they should know better than us???

Give it a rest WW..That's too funny..

And I don't even see the op's vid on that site..
Edit: Just checked that site again..They are talking about pics from 2010..
You trying to hoax us Weedwacker???

edit on 1-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have been to the web site before.
and I have see a massive amount of asteroids and comets wizzing about.
it is terrifying. NASA is keeping it quiet.
some times you can see lines usealy small.
they are asteroids and comets.
ok some could be ships.
but why are we not hit by them far more?
have a look the next time you go to the web site.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
nor does someone have the facts to say it is a ufo in the traditional sense i.e. alien...so technically it unidentified but I can't say that it's flying..

Ufo does not mean alien it means unidentified as in we have no facts so its the absence of facts that makes it a UFO. And for space objects we could use USO but that is already taken so we can make it Unidentified Floating Object

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Does this look familiar?

This is from March of this year when Jupiter and Mercury were in conjunction.

The two planets are doing exactly the same thing as what the two in the OP are doing.

No alien crafts, no CGI.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks Chad..
Though the one in the OPs vid is shot over a week and the object changes direction quite clearly..
So it's not a planet...CGI..or something else?

Can we search back to the actual files with the time/date stamps we have?
Does SOHO keep the images available?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Tragically, people will just swallow some anonymous YouTube video post, and its claims, without critical question. To understand the technical details of how, in this case, SOHO works, and the science behind it.

No what is REALLY tragic is people like you that THINK you know it all, just don't get it. That is NOT "some anonymous YouTube video post" and it has no music
It is exact footage from SOHO and has the correct date and time stamps so cut the BS

I bet you still haven't watched it yet, but forget about that...

Here is what you do... put your money where your mouth is

Send THAT exact video to Bad Astronomy and have him, as an 'expert' astronomer, identify EXACTLY what that object we are seeing in THIS video really is... even his 'best guess' will be a start. And I want to hear his explanation of the obvious course change

YOU have no idea what it is... and I am not talking the myriad other explainable artifacts I am SPECIFICALLY about the video in THIS OP.

So go post that on his blog... I can't because he sensors me... seems he is afraid of what I have to say after the last time I challenged some of his info at the request of Ignorethefacts... Nice fair guy
I will expect a link to his reply...

But YOU say he is an expert... so "put up or shut up" as the saying goes
If your interested in getting at the truth, tell us what this object is... otherwise your just wasting our time

edit on 1-12-2010 by zorgon because: WHY? WHY is this HERE???

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Does this look familiar?

No that looks like planets... They don't change course

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Both are planets, first Jupiter, then Mercury, I may have said the two were the other way round earlier on, if so apologies.

And yes SOHO archive all the movies, you can find them here:

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

So tell me what video was he watching because he said he had turned down the music. Imagine that the video in the OP doesn't have music with it. Okay now this explanation you posted was from Sept. 7th of this year.He isn't even talking about the video in the OP.So how is this relevant to the video we are looking at? What are you just posting whatever you think sounds close to the topic at hand? I must say you are trying, but not hard enough.

edit on 1-12-2010 by tsurfer2000h because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join