It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good SOHO Footage of UFO passing Sun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I wasn't really sure if I should put this here or the space thread, but considering it is a UFO, I thought this would probably be better.

This is some Soho footage taken over a few days. I think the poster broke it down pretty well with their observations. Now granted, this was taken in 08, but to me it is just as important as anything taken yesterday or today as it shows this has been going on for awhile now.

If this has been posted before, then Im guessing it was a while back and many new members haven't gotten a chance to see it. If it hasn't been then well good, we get to see something that perhaps NASA has known about for awhile now as well.

What do you folks think this is? I don't think a meteor would take three days to cross the sun and change direction and shape would it?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That's pretty unbelievable, I'm speechless.

Thanks for bringing that video to our attention OP.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Nice video OP I am always up for SOHO data and observations.
2nd

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

very good find, i think lots going on out there.we just do not get to know the facts.but we also have eyes,nasa!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You guys have any guesses as to what it may be? I have watched a tone of these videos, but this one seems somehow different. What do you think those black (shields?) were? They did look like they were on top and bottom.

Also the fact it took three days, it almost seemed like it might be refueling or something behind the sun?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I dont know how to read this..

Could it be another star or planet behind the sun ? I guess not since it would be moveing to fast..

how can we even see things behind the sun ? like wathing into a flashlight... and cant see the person behind it ?
or is it some kind of gamma or alpha thing ?

I see 3 ufo´s in the movie.. S&F

really hope some experts would comment on this... what do we have NASA for anyway ?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow! very interesting!
If the overlaid date in the video is per SOHO mission time, then it's not a planetary transit. Maybe asteroid transit? The software I have doesn't have a very large database of minor planets, but it looks too bright/large to be one anyway. ?? Also highly unlikely to be a comet either.

Anyone here got more data on minor planet transits for this time frame?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

These same uneducated "claims" based on misinterpreting/not understanding how SOHO works and what is being seen....these claims have been around for a long time.....only get popular again, due to the viral nature of the Internet, and people piling on the bandwagon of ignorance.

Hence, you see UTube flooded with this junk.....only to later infest ATS.....

Highly recommend some research, and starting with a rational and sane explanation, courtesy of "Bad Astronomy" and Phil Plait:

www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime
Wow! very interesting!
If the overlaid date in the video is per SOHO mission time, then it's not a planetary transit. Maybe asteroid transit? The software I have doesn't have a very large database of minor planets, but it looks too bright/large to be one anyway. ?? Also highly unlikely to be a comet either.

Anyone here got more data on minor planet transits for this time frame?

Would a planet leave a trail and change shape and direction? Doesn't seem likely to me. If I knew how to check that sort of thing I would, but Im still a bit new to this outside of just watching it all.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

These same uneducated "claims" based on misinterpreting/not understanding how SOHO works and what is being seen....these claims have been around for a long time.....only get popular again, due to the viral nature of the Internet, and people piling on the bandwagon of ignorance.

Highly recommend some research, and starting with a rational and sane explanation, courtesy of "Bad Astronomy" and Phil Plait:

www.badastronomy.com...

Thats all fair enough and true in most cases but did you actually watch the video?
I just wonder if one day we will miss the real thing..
Boy who cried wolf syndrome......

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you for that link. That explains a lot, but would a hot pixel really keep that same frame rate for that length of time? That seems a odd track doesnt it?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's planets moving in an eliptical orbit around the sun.
The video also spans the time between 11/30/2008 to 12/18/2008 or 19 days. Anything in the frame for 19 days is moving very slowly. Bright lights will bleed pixels to make UFO shapes.
Details like this are important. If there were large UFO's thousands of people all over the world would have spotted them.
It's just another case of someone looking at the pictures from STEREO and not learning about what they are seeing.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You do realise this clip is 2 years old.?
If it was a starship it would be well gone by now

Did look odd though, as it was very bright, large and moving quite fast so you would rule out a star..

I don't know enough about SOHO to guess though...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

You do realise this clip is 2 years old.?
If it was a starship it would be well gone by now

Did look odd though, as it was very bright, large and moving quite fast so you would rule out a star..

I don't know enough about SOHO to guess though...

Um yes, if you read my OP you will see I did mention that

This is some Soho footage taken over a few days. I think the poster broke it down pretty well with their observations. Now granted, this was taken in 08, but to me it is just as important as anything taken yesterday or today as it shows this has been going on for awhile now.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

LOOK at the date on it!! (On the actual SOHO image, not the fake one, on top...the one that is in green).

TWO YEARS AGO!!! (Oh, good...you noticed that. Did the UTuber??)

AND, the moron on UTube has in the comments, that (as of 27th Novermber, 20210) NASA is "censoring" SOHO images. (Also, this mental midget doesn't realize that SOHO is a joint project with the ESA!!).

Well, actually, SOHO is not being censored. They had the website down (the one with the LIVE image feeds) from about the 27th-30th of November. They were undergoing some moves, apparently of their facilities.

On November 28, the SOHO team, our data center and computer servers will be moving to another building. We plan to restore operations within 48 hours of our move. During that time, none of the services provided by our servers and this site will be available. However, while no data updates will be propagated to our European mirror site, that site will be accessible. Thank you for your understanding.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

On the above HomePage, you can link to the views NOW. Like, this one:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Seems they are all set up, in their new spaces......

edit on 1 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I did post that fact that this footage was from 08 if you read the original post. I realize the new site is back up. I only posted this video because I thought it had some oddities about it. I am glad I posted it though, because I have learned some new things from our other smartly members.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

absoultely awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

what I find amazing, is that NASA has got to be monitoring SOHO, so why have they never published anything about this??? either explaining it as nothing or really telling us what it is????

great find..............S&F

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
yeah there UFOs for sure. theres no way its Mercury, Venus, Asteroids, Comets or space dust. Those are to unbelievable. Its definitely a UFO
wow. everything is a UFO to you guys

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

www.badastronomy.com...

your link is suppose to convince me that what we saw in the video is an effect from the camera???????

could you please explain why the object seems to move in an exact direction, and at a steady speed??????

any kind of photo anomoly would not be consistent, and it would appear in random spots??????????

maybe you could link us with a video of a camera (digital) having the same effect????

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
yeah there UFOs for sure. theres no way its Mercury, Venus, Asteroids, Comets or space dust. Those are to unbelievable. Its definitely a UFO
wow. everything is a UFO to you guys

could you point me to the post that states it's aUFO????????????????

I believe we are trying to determine what it is???

but, thank you for your vast knowledge, and all the facts you provide>>

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join