It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Stealth Planet May Explain Rain of Comets from Solar System's Edge

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
They've known about this for DECADES! It's called Planet X. They hidden it from the people like they do everything else. NASA is a joke.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar
I often think that when our science organizations release these really well detailed postulations and when the networks promote these "maybe" stories that they're often actually telling you exactly what's happening. It's an easy way of informing us without actually changing the paradigme. Just think about how many of these types of stories have been released recently. Word up. You might call me nieve. I prefer, "optimistic".

Wiki.

I tend to agree with this...

considering NASA has denied Niburu/Planet X for years despite the fact that it appears they are looking for it
and now they actually ADMIT it MIGHT be there...

to me, this announcement is just so they can save face once people are actually able to see it when it starts being seen by the world

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

when was the last earthquake we had? and when was the last bad hurricane? seems like nothing out of the ordinary to me, just the annual tectonic activity on earth...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Hey! You changed the headline of your topic when it once read that 'NASA confirms existence of Planet X!!' Too much pressure on you to change it? Poor ole NASA was getting screwed for no fault of theirs!
But finally, good ole sense has prevailed and it has been corrected! Way to go!

him changing the name of the thread has NOTHING to do with pressure!!

Breaking News MUST use the headline of the original sources

try thinking or at least reading the MOD edit in the OP, before you make yourself look like an ass

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
[

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by W3RLIED2

If this was your Initial intention, you would not have changed your thread title.

again,

"Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline"

him changing the name of the thread has nothing to do with him admiting his original thread name was an attempt to be misleading

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Lets see its says possibly and would be around 30,000 au from earth thats 30,000 times times the distance from the earth to the sun and you think that causes earthquakes etc here

I'm pretty sure all the planetary bodies in the solar system effect each other in some way...

they say it could be 30,000AU away, we would barely feel it, BUT as it moves closer to the sun, its gravitational effect would be more and more noticable. to an extreme, considering its assumed to be the 2nd largest mass in the solar system

so yes, we would start feeling it more and more as it gets closer to the sun
edit on 2-12-2010 by kalisdad because: fixed typo

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This article doesn't make sense to me,how are they maybe detecting a solar companion?Have they seen it or not?how are they going to announce this if they have not seen it?Unless they have seen it a long time ago and are feeding us the same old bs and continue to lie to us over and over,because Nasa seems to have a lot of discoveries lately or have they known this stuff all along and are slowly dripping some of the information out to the public.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
to me, this announcement is just so they can save face once people are actually able to see it when it starts being seen by the world

You won't be seeing it unless you go to Keck or something - it's out in or past the Oort cloud. A bit too far away and dim.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Imagine giant Jupiter and its moons floating independently in deep space. Outside the Sun’s dominating electrical influence, Jupiter would become a dim electric star enclosed in the huge radiant red plasma shell of its ‘anode glow’ — a brown dwarf. Inside the glowing sheath is the most hospitable environment in the universe for life because the radiant energy received by each satellite is evenly distributed over its entire surface. There are no seasons, no tropics and no ice caps. The radiant energy from the plasma cell of a brown dwarf star is strongest at the blue and red ends of the spectrum. Photosynthesis relies on red light. L-type brown dwarfs have water as a dominant molecule in their spectra, along with many other biologically important molecules and elements. Satellites would accumulate atmospheres from the brown dwarf and water would mist down. Regardless of its spin and axial tilt, a satellite orbiting inside the sheath of a brown dwarf could experience an ideal environment for life. However, the brown dwarf ‘Garden of Eden’ comes with a caveat. Stars off the main sequence do not have the self-regulating photospheric discharge to smooth out variations in electrical power input. Consequently, brown dwarfs are subject to sudden outbursts, or ‘flaring,’ when they encounter a surge in the circuit that powers them. These flares could cause sparking to and between the satellites orbiting inside the sheath and lead to sudden extinction events, vast fallout deposits and fossilization. There is much food for new thoughts!

www.holoscience.com...

Haven't read all the comments so sorry if this is a repeat.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
They put me on notice for speaking explainable repeatable truth, yet they star and flag those with wild unproven dreams of impossibilities.

Do you know yet how the electrical, gravitational, nuclear weak and strong forces are unified?

I don't, and nobody else does. And I think it is fair to assume neither do you.

To state that something is impossible you have to have confidence that you have explored all the possibilities. Have you really?

I don't think there is any doubt in any reasonable person's mind that aliens traveling from across the galaxy by reaction propulsion could not possibly reach the earth.

But why, oh why have you assumed:
1. that aliens live at the other edge of the galaxy
2. that they travel by reaction propulsion?

As far as I know and all of established mainstream science, the answer to both of those questions is UNKNOWN. so those assumptions along with any "conclusions" derived from them are fairly ridiculous.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just because there may be another planet in our solar system (and heck, there may be more for all we know), doesn't mean it's the "Planet X" people keep referring to. It may very well have been in the same orbit since the creation of our solar system, that it is now. I would find it difficult to believe it has a normal orbit.. but in the past, it had a completely different orbit, tearing across our solar system and causing havoc.

Even if they do discover a new huge planet.. or even 5 more.. doesn't mean anything. It certainly doesn't prove any Nibiru theory. If this held the same orbit as it does now, no one would have ever known about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddybaneyThis may explain a lot of things going on here lately; earthquakes,weather,governments acting more shady than usual,everyone acting crazier lately.
Something large, like an aircraft carrier, would have several times more gravitational pull on the Earth than even something 4 times the size of Jupiter orbiting out by the Oort cloud. So no, this wouldn't explain any of that.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Its not my thread... so your point is entirely invalid.

The fact that the thread title was changed has nothing to do with me, so nice try at taking yet another cheap shot and FAILING.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If this was your Initial intention, you would not have changed your thread title. I am sure that you will agree that it was misleading.

Also.. Everyone flaming me for my opinion, while explaining that thiers is only an opinion or theory.

I was on your side for a long while. I then did hours and hours of research and have flipped the script. I with 100% certainty do not believe that a 10th planet on a 3600 year orbit exists.

If someone has 1 sliver of proof...please enlighten me.. If not.. My opinion stays the same.

Your venom is directed at the wrong person. Are you on a tirade? You just foed me (when I did nothing but disagree) and you're berating and ragging on the wrong person.

Get a grip!.

We're here to toss around theories, ideas, suggestions, facts, rumors, hunches etc.
Seems like Nibiru and aliens rub certain people the wrong way and although I am really trying to understand, I just don't get it.
What does anyone care what others think at the end of the day?

We'll either find out soon enough or.....we won't be around to find out.
Some subjects are just too ambiguous and/or enigmatic for us to know for certain and this is most definitely one of then. So.......relax!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You are a bit sensitive.

For some reason I was thinking that you were the OP.. mistake. Ma bad!

I am not attempting anything.

I am simply putting my opinion out there. I left for a couple of days. I get a little heated when people call people sheeple and other names if they dont agree.

I started out just giving my opinion. Then I was asked by a poster to inform them what I knew. I did that.. Then you blasted me and asked for proof of everything I wrote.. Included a few insults.

Its obvious - You believe - I dont! I used to feel the same way. Was I sheeple then? Did I swallow the hook TPTB laid out? Or am I now a sheeple that doesn't believe? Its all rather pathetic!

The only opinion that I find small minded at best is "Look at all of the earth quakes and global disasters, Planet X has something to do with it!"

This is IMPOSSIBLE!!! I gave scientific facts that prove this IMPOSSIBLE! I was not addressing you with this. You found it necessary to approach me.

THAT IS THE POSTER that I was a tad bit touchy with!!

Human and yourself are the polar opposites of Weed and myself. You both agree and so do we.. (more or less)

Your not looking for debate... You are looking to prove to people that this is possible.... Not with proof and facts... But assumptions and speculation, that when pieced together properly, could show that superman is out there affecting the solar system.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Awesome topic, though it was posted two days earlier on ATS from a different source, Wiredcom (though this thread is more popular)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-12-2010 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
One question....

Why on earth would they hide this from us? Eventually it is going to be seen if it is there. PERIOD!

There would be less panic to tell the populace that it is years away. If we find out on the 11th hour PANIC full blown PANIC!!! If they find something heading our way... we will know.

There are to many non Govt. eyes on the sky!

Answers I have laughed at - In a NON disrespectful way!

1) They are buying time to hide in their shelters!!! - Let me assure you... If a planet/red-brown-pink dwarf hits us of comes close - A underground shelter is NOT going to save them.
2) This is the most ridiculous/insane one yet - "They are moving contrails to block it"... really? You believe this when you say this? All I can muster is ...wow (I am not saying either of you said this... but I have heard this)

I truely believed this in the begining. All of the searches I did, led me in the "it does exist" direction. Then I started finding inconsistancies in the logic.

I guess at this point ... I dont understand your view on this.

Do you believe that there is still a planet/star that is going to come close to the earth?

When this started ... did you believe the projected date? Do you think that 2012 is the date? Do you think that this body is affecting the earth in ANY way?

The date we were told it would be visible ...has come and past..
If it were to be here in 2012.. It would be visible by now
It is impossible for a body 30k AU away from the sun to affect us at all.

I guess I dont fully understand your view on this.. Please fill me in.

edit on 12/2/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I did not read anywhere that a planet actually will head to earth ... so, I dont think this is your planet x

this board is a joke, thats why I laugh every time I read these things

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Human and yourself are the polar opposites of Weed and myself. You both agree and so do we.. (more or less)
So what? Are you looking for a fan club or others opinions that might broaden your horizons? You're not my enemy because you think differently. We just happen to disagree (and we wonder why mankind still engages in wars!)

Your not looking for debate... You are looking to prove to people that this is possible.... Not with proof and facts... But assumptions and speculation, that when pieced together properly, could show that superman is out there affecting the solar system.

Why are you so angry?

There is absolutely no proof stating a large body (and/or dwarf sun) absolutely positively does NOT reside in our outer solar system.
It's said that it's highly unlikely but no scientist would ever say 'impossible' to matters (like space) unknown. It's YOU saying this.

We're still learning. Why can't you accept that? Just because there's a little ancient alien theory attached to this subject I think THAT'S what's making you uncomfortable and I actually feel sorry for you.

I never said Nibiru positively exists. I always say/said I 'believe' it to exist. Big difference. Because once you had an experience, you can't even imagine how humble you become. I will never say never again. Nor will I ever feel certain about something again too.

And I implore you to take on the same stride.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

NO!!! NASA did not admit to anything of the sort. NASA is saying that it might exist. people have been saying that it DOES exist for years. Nothing has been spotted, nothing has been proven.

Respectfully, you need to do your research. Although NASA may not be admitting the existence of Planet X presently, they've certainly done so in the past...then quickly recanted their story. On December 31st, 1983, in an article posted on the front page of the Washington Post, NASA made an official announcement regarding the discovery of a rogue planet on the edge of our solar system.

And I quote

A heavenly body, possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to the earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S IRAS

For further details...watch this video

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join