It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Stealth Planet May Explain Rain of Comets from Solar System's Edge

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
How funny would it be if the annunaki actually called the planet Ecks and not Nibiru?

Anyway a companion star is very much what we have here IN MY OPINION. I will try to find the article I read pertaining to how our solar system actually originated in the Sagitarius Galaxy that the Milky Way "ate." Anyway in this article it was mentioned, just briefly, that the configuration of our solar system matches many binary systems that have been studied in layout and star size, and that it was peculiar that ours was so similar but had no companion star. I believe the author wrote it off as a byproduct of our system joining the Milky Way and that the Trauma of that event is the configuration of our solar system now.

While a very interesting idea, it is just that. However something scorched earth at one point, knocked about a third of Mars' crust off and continues to feed our asteroid belt with fresh material. And it damn sure isn't Santa causing all this....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
One more thing Resurrectio. You respect and buy into quantum mechanics I'll presume, right?
They're on the threshold of finding and exploring worm hole. Black holes. Other dimensions (String Theory). Now that's not kooky, right?

Could it be possible that maybe, Nibiru resides (thus, hides) in another dimension until it approaches and nears the Sun? Of course it is possible because we don't know anything ABOUT other dimensions and who lives within them and why.

You can't embrace in science (like you want to appear like) with a close mind.

Just thought I'd throw that out there

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Resurrectio

Human and yourself are the polar opposites of Weed and myself. You both agree and so do we.. (more or less)
So what? Are you looking for a fan club or others opinions that might broaden your horizons? You're not my enemy because you think differently. We just happen to disagree (and we wonder why mankind still engages in wars!)

Your not looking for debate... You are looking to prove to people that this is possible.... Not with proof and facts... But assumptions and speculation, that when pieced together properly, could show that superman is out there affecting the solar system.

Why are you so angry?

There is absolutely no proof stating a large body (and/or dwarf sun) absolutely positively does NOT reside in our outer solar system.
It's said that it's highly unlikely but no scientist would ever say 'impossible' to matters (like space) unknown. It's YOU saying this.

We're still learning. Why can't you accept that? Just because there's a little ancient alien theory attached to this subject I think THAT'S what's making you uncomfortable and I actually feel sorry for you.

I never said Nibiru positively exists. I always say/said I 'believe' it to exist. Big difference. Because once you had an experience, you can't even imagine how humble you become. I will never say never again. Nor will I ever feel certain about something again too.

And I implore you to take on the same stride.

1) I am not angry... You are either overly sensitive and a very bad judge of peoples mood.. Or you are using this to make me look angry..

2) I said it is IMPOSSIBLE for a body that far away to affect our earth in any noticable way.

I never said it was Impossible for Nibiru to exist. You have already admitted in other threads.. you have zero proof or facts.. you just believe.. Thats fine. keep having faith.

I have looked over the facts and math for over a year now.. Like I said.. I once believed.. But I need more than fantasy and assumptions to put my faith behind.

I made you my rival because we have polar opposite views.. that is what that button is for. Not (enemy) as you so dramaticly point out.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

When looking into this sort of thing, you need to read past the first paragraph, since new data are always coming along in science. IRAS (the first infrared survey satellite, which flew more than 20 years ago) cataloged 350,000 infrared sources, and initially many of these were unidentified (which was the point, of course, of making such a survey). All of these observations have been followed up by subsequent studies with more powerful telescopes both on the ground and in space. The rumor about a “tenth planet” erupted in 1984 after a scientific paper was published in Astrophysical Journal Letters titled “Unidentified point sources in the IRAS minisurvey,” which discussed several infrared sources with “no counterparts.” But these “mystery objects” were later found to be distant galaxies. The bottom line is that Nibiru is a myth, with no basis whatever in fact. To an astronomer, persistent claims about a planet that is nearby but invisible are just plain silly.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Please please point out where I said Nibiru was Impossible, as you state I said.

I said "I do not believe it exists".. Why is that so hard for you?

I said "Impossible" about the effect on our planet...refering to the object 30k AU from the sun. Period!

Now you are using "what if's"

This is no longer a logical discussion.. It has turned into a fantasy "what if" guessing game.

If we dive into that thought process... anything is possible.

edit on 12/2/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Ah forget. People don't want to accept it for some reason. Of course it was announced back in the 80's. And like you said, it just went away. Robert Harrington brought it up. And the standard tactic of avoidance is: don't brooch the subject again and/or discredit the messenger.

I can just see NASA trying to make light of this (should this be the infamous Nibiru) by introducing this new-founded planet: Planet VIII (seeing Pluto is no more).
And the audience rejoices with a thunderous applause!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What I find funny about the "tinfoil hat" crew is this...

NASA comes out and says "Nibiru exists" - You will believe them 100% without question.
NASA comes out and says "We found a planet with life" - You will believe them 100% without question.

NASA comes out and says "Nibiru doesn't exist" - You will call them liars and flame them for years.
NASA comes out and says "We have determined that there is no life in our solar system" - LIARS! they are hiding this from us!

See a pattern here?

This like religion - Some folks just need and want to believe for some excitment in their life. Some folks are just not happy with their existence as it sits today... They need the option for HUGE change in the future!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

My beliefs lay with the Sumerians. I never listen to NASA so don't put words in my mouth.

I don't believe in science. Not the way they're going about it. And I truly believe they (the PTB.......and if you want to include NASA, I don't object) hide chit from us all the time.

Seem like you're a complacent compliant authority-agreeing person whereas, I'm not. I go by instincts and experience.
So yes. I concur, we're different.

And for your rival verses foe explantion. It's the same damn thing. I am your respected foe (according to my email)

So...who benefited from that? You? Are you comprising a list because that makes you feel more superior?
Or was that a message to me?

You're calling people names, mocking them, claiming people did things when they didn't etc. You're pathetically petty.

You're on an obvious rampage so I've concluded, you're either an angry person in general or you're around eighteen years old throwing a hissy fit because people don't agree with you. A sign of great immaturity.
It's one or the other.

Stop directing your posts at me. Remember, I'm your foe-rival. The line in the sand has been drawn so respect your side and please stop crossing it.

(man, I wish that ignore feature was still available)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by W3RLIED2

You are a bit sensitive.

For some reason I was thinking that you were the OP.. mistake. Ma bad!

I am not attempting anything.

If you are not attempting anything, then what reason do you keep writing in the thread?

I am simply putting my opinion out there. I left for a couple of days. I get a little heated when people call people sheeple and other names if they dont agree.

I started out just giving my opinion. Then I was asked by a poster to inform them what I knew. I did that.. Then you blasted me and asked for proof of everything I wrote.. Included a few insults.

The problem here, is that you think dabate is a blast against you. Intelligent conversation stems from a point, counterpoint system of theoretical arguments about a given topic.

Furthermore, I was not the one who started labeling people based on their beiliefs. If I remember correctly from the get go I have been "one of those Pro Nibiru" weirdos, but if you read my posts not once have a said that I believe Nibiru is going to smash into our planet. The argument I have been making is that a LARGE DENSE OBJECT is space, that could be a stealth planet or even a star that is somewhere in the outer Oort cloud. This massive density in space may be a threat to our own inner solar system beacause of its ability to dislodge other Oort cloud objects, like comets and small planetary asteroids (much smaller than pluto).

Should this density (dark star or larger than jupiter mass) be on a similar eccentric, eliptical orbit as other Oort bodies, like Sedna, or the hypothetical Nemesis/Tyche body or bodies, that would be a good scientific reason as to why there seems to be a cyclical smashing of earth every X amount of thousands of years becasue of a dense bodie's ability to influence comets and asteroids gravitationally.

Its obvious - You believe - I dont! I used to feel the same way. Was I sheeple then? Did I swallow the hook TPTB laid out? Or am I now a sheeple that doesn't believe? Its all rather pathetic!

Your certainty about this subject is equally pathetic. Once again this entire discussion is theoretical, based on evidence that university level astronomers and scientists, including some from NASA have presented to us. You're reason for getting so upset about my arguments still escapes me as I have provided links to support my arguments that come directly from these sources.

The only opinion that I find small minded at best is "Look at all of the earth quakes and global disasters, Planet X has something to do with it!"

Once again, if you care to re-read every single post of mine, I have not once said that.

*more to come*

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

To continue:

This is IMPOSSIBLE!!! I gave scientific facts that prove this IMPOSSIBLE! I was not addressing you with this. You found it necessary to approach me.

I have yet to see one scientific fact that you speak of! How can you provide facts in a theoretical discussion?!?!?!? At this point that is the only IMPOSSIBILITY.

THAT IS THE POSTER that I was a tad bit touchy with!!

Human and yourself are the polar opposites of Weed and myself. You both agree and so do we.. (more or less)

Your not looking for debate... You are looking to prove to people that this is possible.... Not with proof and facts... But assumptions and speculation, that when pieced together properly, could show that superman is out there affecting the solar system.

Once again you are choosing to make broad generalizations about individuals whose interpretations and opinions are different than your own. This alone proves your inability to understand what we are even discussing. Human Alien and Weedwhacker have both expressed their views in a very positive way, also referencing links to help their arguments. The fact that my opinions and their own may agree or disagree with them is irrelivant becasue that is the nature of intelligent discussion. We have agreed to disagree.

The interpretations I've made about the subject have been drawn from my past research of the planet x theories, that do include 2012 theories. Why wouldn't I include that in my research? Many of those theories are the reason why scientists started looking for these types of objects in space! Along with those I have provided mulitple links to SCIENTIFIC sources, including information from NASA, that after reading several times led me to believe that the POSSIBILITY of a dense mass in outer space that can have a negative effect for earth. I would consider a potential Jupiter size or lager mass that is on an extreme elliptic orbit around our sun to be one of these objects. And before you tell me I'm wrong I AM NOT PRESENTING THESE AS FACTS. I am presenting this as a theory based on other evidence I have read and cited.

I encourage you to do some more digging before you continue to single me out. But if you really want to debate, I can arrange for that.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
ok im throwing this in for the Fun of it !

A diagram from the 1987-1989 NEW ILLUSTRATED SCIENCE & INVENTION ENCYCLOPEDIA in volume 18 in the page 2488 under Space Probes shows our dead twin sun & the 10th planet (Hercolubus).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c756f15075f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This whole planet X thing is becoming somewhat worrisome to me. I've always thrown it in the grey basket and thought maybe it would be a nice movie script. Now we have NASA beginning to hint to the public that it may actually be out there. Apparently it's a distinct possibility, as a matter of fact. I've never heard NASA talk quite like this about a so called 'companion' to the sun. It sure lends credence to the whole planet X theory for those who put trust in the agency and for those who don't. I see a lot of people that aren't familiar with the planet X theory rejoicing and hoping the discovery comes true. So ignorant..

I think many will be keeping an eye on this, including some skeptics.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I find it so ironic that those who choose words like "never" and "impossible" are the very ones who squawk the loudest. Perhaps it's their way of subconsciously trying to convince themselves.

I admit, I know very little about science out of choice. I just can't relate to it and find it extremely boring. (I love math though, go figger)

But how can anyone say it is impossible for a gigantic planet/sun to be edging our system now because if it were, we'd be feeling the effects by now?
That is just pompous, smug and and almost insulting to hear (let alone say out loud).

We don't even know how our own Moon effects us/animals/vegetation/earthquakes/tsunamis etc. We're still learning about it and that's right next door.
And further more, we don't know how the Sun effects us/Earth either. We have no clue about that star of ours
Face it, we're still babes in the cosmic woods.

So if we're still trying to figure out our own galactic neighborhood, how can anyone possibly make such bold statements like knowing what a planet/rouge sun is or is not capable of so many AU's away?
It's ludicrous.

I think the human ego really gets in the way of growth some times

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Lets see its says possibly and would be around 30,000 au from earth thats 30,000 times times the distance from the earth to the sun and you think that causes earthquakes etc here

I'm pretty sure all the planetary bodies in the solar system effect each other in some way...

they say it could be 30,000AU away, we would barely feel it, BUT as it moves closer to the sun, its gravitational effect would be more and more noticable. to an extreme, considering its assumed to be the 2nd largest mass in the solar system

so yes, we would start feeling it more and more as it gets closer to the sun
edit on 2-12-2010 by kalisdad because: fixed typo

Well if YOU had actually read the article please show me were it says its going to get closer DOH!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by css1981
There is not a single piece of evidence wich suggest that planet X / Nibiru / Nemmesis excist...

I think this one only excist in our minds..

Dosen't exist in my mind...

Never has..!!

Planet X is juat a fairytale and any time a real possibly scientific discovery or event takes place, the Tin-foil brigade instantly jump on Planet-X.

First plane-x is passing close to earth, yet nobody has seen it. Now there's possibly a body out there throwing stuff our way and this instantly becomes Planet-X. These ppl try to hijack every discovery into the planet-x theory just to try to tell you it's absolute proof, without offering any real proof...Nerds, all of em'.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wow! I'm a bit shocked at how heated this discussion has become. I realize that this "news" offers no proof of anything, but why the anger? Isn't ATS all about possibilities and theories? When any group or organization hints that something once considered impossible, is actually possible...I consider that news. If Atheists said they now believe that the existence of a God is possible...wouldn't that qualify as news...at least on ATS?

Maybe this stems from people who so fully support one side of an argument, that they become angered when someone throws the other side a bone. But that position and attitude isn't (in my opinion) what ATS is all about. How can anyone derive pleasure or entertainment being here, if their mind is so closed to the "possible"?

I would suggest that if you have such a hard-headed position, one way or the other, on any topic here, that you aren't contributing to discussions...you are attempting to influence them.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

pretty sure even if its out that far, its still an elliptical orbit, meaning like all the other planets it has aphelion and perihelion in relation to the sun

at some point it will be closer to the earth

if its anything like pluto or sedna, it has a very long oval orbit

don't have to read anywhere that it is going to get closer, I'm basing the statement off all planetary orbits for the known planets of this solar system

if you just did a little bit of research on how the planets orbit the sun, you would have known why I said it would get closer before you attacked my statement

also, even without a highly elliptical orbit, its not orbiting Earth, so even if it was a perfect circular orbit around the sun, at some point it will be its farthest from earth and some point it'll be its closets to earth... thats at least a 2 AU plus the diameter of the sun difference in distance. maybe not a huge distance considering the 30,000AU they claim it might be, but it definitatly would have its closest and fartherst points in relation to Earth
edit on 2-12-2010 by kalisdad because: corrected spelling and added last lines

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Right.

Which means if there is such an object it's so likely that its gravity would dislodge other far out objects and even disturb the orbits of our own outer solar system planets. But specifically pertaining to us would be the high threat of comets directed at our inner solar system as the dense body reaches its closest point to our sun.

Something to chew on: Sedna's orbit will be getting closer to us for the next 72 years. If its orbit is effected by another large dense mass in space, it's not a far stretch of the imagination that that object would be on a similar orbital path.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If there isn't a planet near our solar system, then why is NASA suddenly launching a satellite to "find out". I mean you think a conspiracy like this wouldn't warrant the funds required to look for this sort of thing, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

well, that was my point

if this 4x jovian mass planet is actually orbiting our sun, what are the chances of it having a huge elliptiacl orbit like pluto, or even worse like sedna...

and considering its the 2nd largest mass object in our solar system(again 4x Jupiter) then YES we would definitately feel it as it approched perihelion

I'm not sure why I got attacked considering all the planets have an elliptical orbit some, like sedna, are extreme

edit on 2-12-2010 by kalisdad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join