It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Stealth Planet May Explain Rain of Comets from Solar System's Edge

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by css1981
There is not a single piece of evidence wich suggest that planet X / Nibiru / Nemmesis excist...

I think this one only excist in our minds..

Dosen't exist in my mind...

Never has..!!

Planet X is juat a fairytale and any time a real possibly scientific discovery or event takes place, the Tin-foil brigade instantly jump on Planet-X.

First plane-x is passing close to earth, yet nobody has seen it. Now there's possibly a body out there throwing stuff our way and this instantly becomes Planet-X. These ppl try to hijack every discovery into the planet-x theory just to try to tell you it's absolute proof, without offering any real proof...Nerds, all of em'.

if by planet x you mean Niburu, you will find that myself nor alot of others have even associated it with this supposed planet

you should consider doing some research on the term planet x-

its the name that has been given to ANY unknown planets theorized to be in our solar system... not just 1 specific planet

Pluto was considered a planet x before they discovered it and named it Pluto

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-12-2010 by kalisdad because: added source

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I find it so ironic that those who choose words like "never" and "impossible" are the very ones who squawk the loudest. Perhaps it's their way of subconsciously trying to convince themselves.

You are saying I am angry.... I really am not. But you and this other gentleman keep insisting I am.
Let me reassert my stance. " I used to believe! I am still interested in discussing this subject (My current thoughts on the subject are relevant)

I admit, I know very little about science out of choice. I just can't relate to it and find it extremely boring. (I love math though, go figger)

Hang tight... about to prove this to be 100% factual!

But how can anyone say it is impossible for a gigantic planet/sun to be edging our system now because if it were, we'd be feeling the effects by now?
That is just pompous, smug and and almost insulting to hear (let alone say out loud).

Did I say that it was " impossible for a gigantic planet/sun to be edging our system now" ??? Let me help you.... No, I did not. I said that an object that far out would have NO EFFECT on our planet!!!! There is 1 billion + things we do not know about our solar system, let alone all of outer space. But the distance and mass assumed are not the right equation to affect us.

We don't even know how our own Moon effects us/animals/vegetation/earthquakes/tsunamis etc. We're still learning about it and that's right next door.
And further more, we don't know how the Sun effects us/Earth either. We have no clue about that star of ours
Face it, we're still babes in the cosmic woods.

That is false. We have a very strong understanding of how the moon affects this planet. We know a great deal about the sun also.

So if we're still trying to figure out our own galactic neighborhood, how can anyone possibly make such bold statements like knowing what a planet/rouge sun is or is not capable of so many AU's away?
It's ludicrous.

No... Wrong again! If we take the forces on us from, lets say Jupiter, This object is much further away and would exert much less on the earth than Jupiter, that we live through daily.

I think the human ego really gets in the way of growth some times

As does arrogance!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

there are a few things that you need to consider

1) long elliptical orbit

Sedna has a highly elliptical orbit, taking approximately 12,000 years to complete, with its aphelion estimated at 942 AU and its perihelion at about 76.1 AU.

if there is a 4x jovian mass planet with a similar orbit, and 30,000AU was the midpoint, that means at aphelion, it could be much closer. and compared to a 12000 year orbit of Sedna, this planet could have a similar or larger time.

2) if this planet is moving torward aphelion, being assumed to be 4x the mass of Jupiter(2nd largest mass in our solar system after the sun), once it got within the 5000-10000AU point, there is no doubt that the sun and all the 8 inner planets would indeed feel the effects of this giant planet closing in on the sun

just because we haven't noticed the effects its had on the inner planets in the past 100 years of modern computer assisted astronomy, doesn't mean that we couldn't soon(maybe already are) feeling it

I know this is just a theory, but its a logical one if I do say so myself

now obviously there is no guarentee that is has such a highly elliptical orbit, and it might in fact never come closer than 30000AU... but considering more planetary bodies(including the dwarf planets/comets) have a long elliptical orbit, its a valid theory that this planet might also
edit on 2-12-2010 by kalisdad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Word salad is not a convincing argument.

I am also not quite sure where the word "never" comes from. There is no such thing in infinity.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

if there is a 4x jovian mass planet with a similar orbit, and 30,000AU was the midpoint, that means at aphelion, it could be much closer. and compared to a 12000 year orbit of Sedna, this planet could have a similar or larger time.

2) if this planet is moving torward aphelion, being assumed to be 4x the mass of Jupiter(2nd largest mass in our solar system after the sun), once it got within the 5000-10000AU point, there is no doubt that the sun and all the 8 inner planets would indeed feel the effects of this giant planet closing in on the sun

I missed my window for editing, and realized after the fact that I actually meant perhelion and not aphelion when I spoke of it moving torwards the sun....

always get those backwards, but usually catch the mistake sooner

edit on 2-12-2010 by kalisdad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Props to you.. At least you are able to be rational..... At 30kAU there is NO way, it is affecting us. All of this was because I responded to a poster that blames global disasters and earthquakes on the planet... I found it a ridiculous stretch of the imagination.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

But its mass would not have the effects claimed by others here earthquakes storms etc.

Lets see a FRACTION of the mass of the Sun at 30,000 times the distance YOU do the maths!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

how do you know it wouldn't have any effect?

at 4x jovian mass, its still 3x more mass than all the other planets combined...

plus at those distances, we might not feel it, but if/as it moves closer, there is no doubt that we in fact would. all the planets and the sun would be seeing some disturbance once it passed a certain threshold where its mass started effecting the rest of the solar system in ways that we COULDN'T have detected in the past 100 years of computer based astronomy

I'm not saying this IS happening, but my reasoning is MUCH stronger than your complete disregard of the POSSIBILITY

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I think you just aren't getting it.....

how do you know it wouldn't have any effect?

at 4x jovian mass, its still 3x more mass than all the other planets combined...

plus at those distances, we might not feel it, but if/as it moves closer...

DOESN'T MATTER if it is TEN Jovian masses!!!! It is the distance that is important. The SUN is much closer (ONE AU), and FAR more massive!!! The SUN alone contains 99.8% of the TOTAL mass of the Solar System!!!

Have you forgotten (when discussing this possible planet, so far away) of the inverse-square law of gravity???

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

we don't know its distance...
we don't know its orbit
we don't know its location

however...

Jupiter (5AU) is the fifth planet from the Sun and the largest planet within the Solar System.[13] It is a gas giant with a mass slightly less than one-thousandth of the Sun but is two and a half times the mass of all the other planets in our Solar System combined.

Neptune (30AU) is the eighth and farthest planet from the Sun in our Solar System. Named for the Roman god of the sea, it is the fourth-largest planet by diameter and the third-largest by mass

Neptune is almost 20x less mass than Jupiter and 6x as far from the Sun...

your arguement would mean that Neptune has little effect on the other planets of the solar system

"The potential jumbo Jupiter would likely be a world so frigid it is difficult to spot, researchers said. It could be found up to 30,000 astronomical units from the sun." take note of the words UP TO 30,000AU

doesn't mean that is in fact that far out, it could be much MUCH closer... I believe as one member put it "No one is going to find a new planet close to us. Gravity studies and visual studies would pick up a new planet sized mass out 2x to 8x the distance to Pluto and that is for the low end of the planetary scale. Jupiter sized masses would be picked up 50x the distance to Pluto."

if this thing is anywhere near what I said in earlier posts(10,000-5,000AU) or closer, we , at 4x Jovian mass, its would be 10x the mass of all the other planets, comets, asteroids(basically every bit of matter) of our solar system, meaning it's close to 0.5% the mass of the sun

on a long elliptical orbit, we wouldn't feel its effects at apogee, but as is closes in on perigree(based on Sedna, 5000 years between the two) we would indeed feel it

Inverse Square Law shows that we would feel no effect if it was out at a distance of 30,000AU, but the article says it could be up to 30,000AU... nowhere in the article does it say its AT LEAST xAU from the sun. We don't know exactly how close it is, but as it moves closer to the Sun, its effects would be more and more noticable on the planets of the solar system and the Sun...

prove to me that we are not seeing signs of this throughout our solar system

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-12-2010 by kalisdad because: added link

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

For those that feel this is Nibiru.
The claimed orbit of Nibiru would be highly unstable, and Nibiru would have been thrown from the solar system by the gravity of our solar systems gas giants long ago. When Nibirupaths are confronted with the lack of visual evidence, the Nibirupaths rely on "special" excuses (Nibiru is invisible, unlit or hidden).- My all time favorite is - "They are hiding it with chemtrails" - Pure lunacy!!

Even the highly unstable Zecharia Sitchin says its projected return is 2900. Sitchin doesn’t agree with the 2012ers! ( Or at least he didn’t until he started making money off of it.) This is something he has been extremely quite about lately.

He is one of the main reasons that this fantasy even grew legs. His translations has been regarded as very poor translations if not purposly misleading. Many of his claims regarding the translation of Sumerian cuneiform are discussed in detail and debunked by Michael Heiser.

"The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." — Delos McKown

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

The claimed orbit of Nibiru would be highly unstable, and Nibiru would have been thrown from the solar system by the gravity of our solar systems gas giants long ago. When Nibirupaths are confronted with the lack of visual evidence, the Nibirupaths rely on "special" excuses (Nibiru is invisible, unlit or hidden).- My all time favorite is - "They are hiding it with chemtrails" - Pure lunacy!!

Even the highly unstable Zecharia Sitchin says its projected return is 2900. Sitchin doesn’t agree with the 2012ers! ( Or at least he didn’t until he started making money off of it.) This is something he has been extremely quite about lately.

He is one of the main reasons that this fantasy even grew legs. His translations has been regarded as very poor translations if not purposly misleading. Many of his claims regarding the translation of Sumerian cuneiform are discussed in detail and debunked by Michael Heiser.

Maybe Zecharia Sitchin has been so quiet because he he's dead, RIP.

I would love to see you post one link that you've referenced, please. If you need some quotes from Sitchin, let me know. I have all of his books within about 10 feet from me. And if he is highly unstable than why refference his material for your argument?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Originally posted by Resurrectio

Maybe Zecharia Sitchin has been so quiet because he he's dead, RIP.

I would love to see you post one link that you've referenced, please. If you need some quotes from Sitchin, let me know. I have all of his books within about 10 feet from me. And if he is highly unstable than why refference his material for your argument?

Can we say "poor comprehension"
The only thing I used his name for, was to point out that he was one of the creators of this delusion.... And, he is wrong, delusional and not a credible source... Humors me that you have his books 10 feet away. This 1 fact explains your illogical stance on this.

So I don't go out and get sources on every word I have posted.. Please inform me what you are disputing or in need of verification on.. I will gladly find this for you.

This is a conversation circle I am going to try and avoid.. You have his books.. You obviously hold this lune in high regard. Anything I show you from Heiser will be called BS and incorrect. You have only looked at this as fact.. Try researching this from the other end of the stick.. It becomes painfully apparent QUICKLY that all this planet x /Nibiru theory is fantasy at best.

It is pieced together facts and assumptions to make theories that DO NOT hold up under scrutiny.

edit on 12/3/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I really do believe that something is going on and our gov't is doing something about it. I fear that you and i are not invited tho. These videos will give a view of the things the gov't is doing for preparation of such event. Whatever it is i'm sure it's pretty big, to go thru this much trouble in preparation. www.youtube.com... also, www.youtube.com... to prepare for the www.youtube.com... and the permafrost to. This video i cannot get to work, so bear with me here and go to youtube and punch in (fire and ice: permafrost melt spews combustable methane). YOU HAVE BE NOTIFIED.
edit on 3-12-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

This time the burden of proof is in your hands. I've said my piece and than repeated it about 5 more times.

There is no value to your words. A lot of fluff that your throwing together, to argue just for the sake of arguing. It's extremely irritating and beyond unproductive for me to continue this with you.

Your actually taking shots at me for owning books, books that I some how would guess you may have never even read by what you are posting! I'm at a loss for words at your inability to discuss things with out throwing the rhetoric in there...

Good luck man.

OP this was a good thread, but you won't see me in here again. I'm done with this fools jack assery.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Whatever is happening, surely got the attention of the gov't and gov'ts elsewhere. I wish they could just simply tell us as to what is going on here, but to many people will go wacko due to the information at hand and it is better to leak it out slowly.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Look.. You apparently are overly sensitive. I have a valid claim.. You own 10 of the guys books! How am I going to debate his "credentials" with you. Your not going to accept any info or sources I put forward.

Early on , you made it clear. If we dont believe what you do, we are buying into "TPTB" spoon fed BS.

All I am doing is pointing out the things that changed my mind.. You keep asking for sources.. You are YET TO OFFER 1 credible source in all of the dribble you have posted!

Obviously I think, what changed my mind, would also help cure others of this Nibiru delusion! Why does that have to be hostile? Are you nat able to handle yourself like an adult, when someone has a difference of opinion, or will not just swallow your theory?

You are confident in your opinion, as am I. I think you are mistaking some sarcasm and abrasive personality for anger. I am not meaning to come accross as angry or mean..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
And suppose those comets that hit Jupiter had landed on Earth? This is what the experts are concerned about because they do know this has happened in our past, with a certain frequency or cycle. They just don't want to alarm the public, is the simplest answer.

For me, I would like to know! It makes little difference as I have died many deaths. The freaky part is that I know this, but have no proof save hindsight.

Was that worth killing JFK for? The truth?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join