It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Stealth Planet May Explain Rain of Comets from Solar System's Edge

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

FINALLY SOME ONE THAT GETS IT.

Thank you for being a voice of reason amongst a sea of almost blatant ignorance. This is a theory, nothing is factual yet. Every scientist in the world who values his craft takes the time to analyze and discuss every angle of a subject of such importance as this. to write it off with blind certainty is foolishness.

For those who still think this a thread about nibiru and 2012 you have not been paying attention to the language being used. This is still in hypothetical mode, but data is available that shows highly regarded minds are researching this very issue with much more advanced technology than we have access to.

The theory is not that a Oort cloud planet is going to collide with earth in the inner solar system. The theory is that a massive dense object will throw or pull Oort objects like comets into our solar system.

And if your gonna take a cheap shot at me do yourself a favor and read the entire thread before you open your gab.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

Thank you RedPill for that fascinating video

I am happy I took the time to watch it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This might be related...

Just got an SMS update sent to my phone (Facebook subscription?) that said...

"Dr. Michio Kaku will be on MSNBC at 9:30am EST and FOX at 10:30am, speaking about NASA's announcement later that day."

Or, this may just be about the ET life discovery.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't think we have to worry about a minute little ice ball crashing into Earth any time soon, provided it doesn't melt long before our atmosphere melts it. I mean we successfully landed, dug around, and returned a piece of metal NASA launched at a comet without the big bad comet destroying a couple ton piece of, well, metal craft. It seems to me one of those ice balls wont catch us by surprise. You have to understand just how insignificant these orbiting travelers are in our solar system and just how much space lies between a direct hit and the trillions of misses.

Did I just say that?

Now that's where I'd like to be, a big hit in the middle of a trillion misses, LOL!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Imagine survivors of our civilization uncovering sci fi art from our current time. Would they think everything we drew and created was a real depiction of our reality?

Maybe that is what we are doing wihen we take all the art we see in acient civilizations as depictions of their reality. Maybe they imagine space travel and space visitors then as we do today. Space is facinating to the human mind and sparks our imaginations.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Just something interesting to add to the thread:

en.wikipedia.org...

"It is estimated that 50–60% of binary stars are capable of supporting habitable terrestrial planets within stable orbital ranges.[61]

Simulations have shown that the presence of a binary companion can actually improve the rate of planet formation within stable orbital zones by "stirring up" the protoplanetary disk, increasing the accretion rate of the protoplanets within."

Unfortunately the source is no longer available, but i do remember reading something similar in a science magazine. Im guessing its pretty accurate.

This is important for two reasons:

1) It helps explain how Earth is in the goldy-locks zone.

but more importantly:

2) It might give us some hope. If this planet X(although not really a planet, its a dwarf star) does exist, then it probably wont spill disaster for Earth. Earth has been here a long time and this planet is probably helping Earth evolve and stay in its goldy-locks zone. It will pass us by and cause some damage, but i dont think its going to be the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If a massive dense object is throwing comets toward us from the oort cloud it has been for a very long time. Dont forget we have Jupiter in the vacinity which vaccuums up a lot of this debris due to its sheer mass. Also the odds of Earth being hit are astronomical. It would be like trying to hit a fridge with a marble from 100 miles away while said fridge was travelling at 100mph on the back of a trailer. Hard shot....
edit on 2/12/2010 by Grifter81 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hey! You changed the headline of your topic when it once read that 'NASA confirms existence of Planet X!!' Too much pressure on you to change it? Poor ole NASA was getting screwed for no fault of theirs!
But finally, good ole sense has prevailed and it has been corrected! Way to go!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
ive been trying to tell people our sun revolved around another sun for YEARS! im willing to even bet money on it, so how much do you guys wanna lose??

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
How much are we betting?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by Nventual

I understand the excitement... Probably the same reason that all of the Nibiru folks have watched Avatar 50+ times.
Its exciting .. I get it..

You probably think that this planet is bringing new life to the solar system. (Annunaki) ? Any thoughts of us making contact with "ET" that are inhabiting nibiru???... I get the excitment ....Does all logic have to be thrown to the way side?

I am sorry but "logic" is a personal opinion and perspective these days, welcome to reality. dont get so involved ion your stance, let them have their logic too.

Sheesh, so many peolpe here jump on others based on their own perspective, a.k.a. logic.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddybaney
Wow NASA is actually admitting to this. Seems Planet "X" may exist after all and could spell trouble for us here on earth. This may explain a lot of things going on here lately; earthquakes,weather,governments acting more shady than usual,everyone acting crazier lately.I hope if they do find something we don't get left out on the truth.Almost bet there will be a cover up if they do find something at least till amateur astronomers start seeing it.

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-12-2010 by buddybaney because: spelling

edit on 1-12-2010 by buddybaney because: (no reason given)

Lets see its says possibly and would be around 30,000 au from earth thats 30,000 times times the distance from the earth to the sun and you think that causes earthquakes etc here

The Sun has a far greater mass at least 1000 times jupiter and is only 1 au from us, why dont you think things through before putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

Even if it exist it wouldn't cause earthqukes do people on here automatically think up the most outrageous ideas for the sake of it

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Now then, artcles like this remind us that we should be a little more open minded. I have seen many a comment suggesting that if there was such a thing it would ahve been spotted time ago.... evidently not

kx

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Thepreye

I already understand the Oort cloud connection.

If you had read (you did read the full context, right?) ...the part I was responding to....

The person claimed that this possible new planet, orbiting in the vicinity of the Oort cloud, was DIRECTLY causing earthquakes, sunspots, and a myriad of other nonsense claims. Hurricanes (?)....acne...(I made that one up), because I forget all the other things claimed....but, certainly one could (if one wished) link to the post I replied to, and see for oneself...couldn't one???
edit on 1 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

You have to remember on here 2+2 = 5 for most because the correct answers are to mundane for them!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
it could be they are staging news release to check out the reaction of the people...i think we are about be receive some hot news in the near future..indeed..interesting times ahead

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

you really believe that if this was true it would become worldwide that fast? everyone knows that the government has the ability to conceal anything that they choose to, why do you think they release this information so quickly? it could possibly change tons of theories and ideas that people aren't willing to accept yet. i wouldnt put so much trust in a government run organization so soon.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Did you change the thread title? If so, why?

Any-who.................

My argument or position if you will, about Scientists only guessing due to our primitive limitations of understanding 'life' are now saying this:

Universe might hold three times more stars than previously thought

A new study suggests that a specific kind of galaxy might hold 10 times more red dwarf stars than estimated. That would triple projections for the number of stars in the observable universe, with implications for explanations of how stars and galaxies form and evolve.
www.csmonitor.com...

So by applying basic math to this notion, the possibility of our solar system having additional planets just got upped as well.

Bottom line, we just don't know diddly and.............. never say never

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

If this was your Initial intention, you would not have changed your thread title. I am sure that you will agree that it was misleading.

Also.. Everyone flaming me for my opinion, while explaining that thiers is only an opinion or theory.

I was on your side for a long while. I then did hours and hours of research and have flipped the script. I with 100% certainty do not believe that a 10th planet on a 3600 year orbit exists.

If someone has 1 sliver of proof...please enlighten me.. If not.. My opinion stays the same.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

The Sun has a far greater mass at least 1000 times jupiter and is only 1 au from us, why dont you think things through before putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

For sake of precision, the Sun has 99.8% of the mass of the entire Solar System.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join