It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Stealth Planet May Explain Rain of Comets from Solar System's Edge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogertom
A lot of so called thought scientific fact throughout history, has been turned on its head further down the line. A planet x or whatever name you use, may well turn out to be fact soon enough.

Won't happen. Hasn't happened here.

When you read the sort of story the OP posted, you have to take off the Sitchen-glasses and read for understanding. They're not talking about some polar-orbit brown dwarf. And most certainly that sort of thing doesn't happen every 6000 years.

Kepler's laws - the guy came up with it in 1605. The math's not that hard. Start there and most of orbital mechanics pops out sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

The cover up has been an ongoing ordeal since the early 80's. They've known!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
*Grabs popcorn*

...and inserts:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Please be as honest and unbiased as you answer this question.

Do you think, in say....100 years, we'll look back and realize the Scientists of 2010 were among the brightest Beings to ever walk the planet and totally nailed the whole space/time continuum conundrum? And all their hypothesis didn't change one bit?

Don't you think every generation thinks they're the smartest? And now that we have re-started keeping records (unlike the ancient records that have basically been destroyed) it's amazing how we're even questioning Einstein let alone.....toasted Copernicus! And they were among the smartest for their times!

So based on logic and history, Hawkings and the gang will look foolish too one day.

My advice to you....don't get too big for your Human ego because the only thing we know is.....we know nothing about Life.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
hm i hope its not the meteor people are talking about, but impretty sure they can deal with it, they have nukes good enough (:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Bedlam

Please be as honest and unbiased as you answer this question.

Do you think, in say....100 years, we'll look back and realize the Scientists of 2010 were among the brightest Beings to ever walk the planet and totally nailed the whole space/time continuum conundrum? And all their hypothesis didn't change one bit?

Kepler's laws have been pretty darned close to perfect for 405 years now.

Don't you think every generation thinks they're the smartest? And now that we have re-started keeping records (unlike the ancient records that have basically been destroyed) it's amazing how we're even questioning Einstein let alone.....toasted Copernicus! And they were among the smartest for their times!

That's the nature of science. However, there are things that are so demonstrable, so easy to see, that in non-relativistic frames we accept them as being as close to right as it gets. Orbital mechanics are among these, along with the laws of thermodynamics, and Newtonian mechanics. Are there places and conditions that they don't always apply? To some extent. Does this allow you to take a celestial body and seriously propose that it swoops about, leaving a standard planar orbit, swapping over to a polar one, diving through the inner system somehow not causing Roche disintegration of this or that body, nor disturbing delicate balances that took millions of years to form, then suddenly resuming a planetary planar orbit? No. It doesn't. To misquote ICP - Ephemerides - how do they work?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If it was true, then it would be world wide by now? They dare not tell the truth. If they did, who would go to work or pay taxs (need that for the DUMBS) Every one would go nuts and the world would die screaming. Every one evening the score before its too late. No the govts/elites of the world want you to carry on working. So that they will have a chance to survive, what ever is coming our way.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by W3RLIED2

It is possible that a Microsoft mouse controller is going to exit my rear in the near future... This would explain the stomach pain!!! This would explain the missing mouse.. IT MUST BE TRUE!!!

Why DID you eat that mouse is what i wanna know! :-0

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

As to Kepler's Law,

Why is it they deemed, un-deemed and now want to redeem Pluto as a planet if Kepler's Law is so helpful? We can't even figure crap out in our own galaxy yet we THINK we can ascertain info on objects further out?
Really. Is that how this works? Just guess until it's proven wrong?

C'mon. We don't know squat. We might have a basic fundamental grassroots primordial understanding but I still remain firm that we don't understand 99% about life.

Kepler's Law will be interesting when Humans teleport their arses up to a distant planet in the near future. They'll look back and think 'who were those apes in ties with all those telescopes, rulers, pencils and erasers?"

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Ok … I had posted this previously .. But, will happily post again!

Ok Lets start with the most common Pro- Nibiru (I love that Microsoft Word Doesn’t recognize “Nibiru” That’s all the proof I need! Jking)

1) “Nibiru could exist” –
Let me be very clear when I say IMPOSSIBLE! Nibiru is said to have a elliptical orbit. This would be impossible. This orbit would be highly unstable. Eventually the planet would move into a circular orbit becoming part of our “normal” solar system, or fly off into space. This is just how it goes.

2) Allot of astronomers believe that Planet X exists!! –
Ok for over a hundred years allot of astronomers believed that there could be another planet. Here was their error – They didn’t have the orbits of the outer planets correct. Now it is known that there is nothing strange about their orbit and the calculations add up perfectly.

3) NASA has photos of planet X –
Nope!!! IRAS satellite in 1983 spotted something unexplained, that eventually was revealed to be a very distant galaxy. But the MSM spread that NASA had found a tenth planet.

4) “The Russians have photos from the Norlock project ” –
HOAX HOAX HOAX – This has been proven without a doubt to be a hoax. Anyone can search this and find that it has been proven to be false!

5) “The sky is falling, look at all of the volcanic activity!!!!” –
BS – Planet X would only have a tiny faction of the gravitational effects that Jupiter has. Likewise Jupiter only has a tiny fraction of the gravitational pull that the moon and sun exert on our planet daily!

6) There is an extinction level event every 3600 years –
WRONG! They originally thought it was 26 to 32 million years… Then it was discovered that there was no pattern at all – The key point here is… They weren’t even looking into Planet X – They were looking into Nemesis – “A twin sun” - Yes 3600 years ago a volcano erupted (thera)– but these happen all the time.

I am going to end here and ask you to show me your proof and I will dispute it. I have done enough of my own research for myself. I believe with 100% certainty that I had a momentary lapse of reason when I thought that it “MIGHT” exist.

edit on 12/1/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

You didn't mention Sedna has the longest orbital period of any known object in the Solar System, calculated at between 11,800 and 12,100 years.
en.wikipedia.org...
The possibility that this planet is accompaning a dark star or larger body is there for sure.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

This is my opinion on what I think is happening with this "unexpected" heavenly body:

I don't beleive for a minute NASA does not already know that this body exists in our solar system. This is more public preparation for announcement. I think that secret Air Force space ship was checking it out. Why they are feeling they have to disclose the information now after hiding it for so long, I don't know. They found it in the 80's. Maybe we are going to be seeing it soon and they won't be shout everyone down by screeching that it's lense glare, swamp gas or Venus anymore.

We will be seeing articles spinning about how this body is affecting the climate and how it will affect earth. They are going to have to overcome the doctrines of the end of the world doomsters. Even if it the future is heading towards doom, the government and their "smart" minions are not going to want the public to know that. They will all sing from the same page of "settled science" and there will be no deviation in public - as usual. They will attack doomsters like there is no tomorrow and underplay the affect this visitor will have on our solar system. When the public finally knows about this, that will be end of globalism's man made climate change game. We will all know why the climate is acting up.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

reply to post by Bedlam

May I just remind you, we're still trying to figure out our own DNA.
So you're making it sound like, we've got 'outer-space' ALL FIGURED OUT. We just demoted Pluto for gawd sakes and now...they're having second thoughts.

Whether you want to class something as a planet or planetesimal is one thing. Celestial mechanics is quite another. Orbits are the sort of thing that's not THAT hard to calculate. Which is why we've got these really neat things called "ephemerides" which can tell you where the planets will be and have been. Magic!

There's also the whole physics thing where you don't get to take a planet and make it zoom all over the solar system randomly. That's even easier than calculating orbits.

You don't get to make this stuff up. It happens in really predictable ways, unless you're looking for tiny little errors caused by relativity or the like. At the macro-scale, you just don't get planets changing orbits and taking a pass or two through the inner system, then making a few turns and going back to a nice orbital plane orbit.

And maybe you'd care to explain how you get all sorts of nice tidal locks, like the one the Moon has with the Earth, which took eons to happen, that are still nicely locked? A pass of a planet through the inner system would screw that sort of thing to hell and back.

And there's still Roche's limit, which apparently neither Sitchen nor yourself has heard of. You don't get to run a big planet that close to others and not have a happening. Only that requires an understanding of tides, and I guess you don't believe that's predictable either.

There's no reason at this time to doubt Sitchens findings. When 'they' get our modern bible figured out then maybe, I'll entertain listening to our modern Know-it-alls.

Easy. Here you go. Bible: myth. Sitchen: crank.

Seriously, a little college algebra buys you entry into the Wonderful World of Orbital Mechanics, although first semester calculus would really help. Remember, Kepler had this stuff nearly figured out in 1605.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Bedlam because: spelling correction

But the orbit of this body was a surprise to scientists so why not others.

Sedna has the longest orbital period of any known object in the Solar System, calculated at between 11,800 and 12,100 years
Look at the picture of it's orbit. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by bigyin

This is my opinion on what I think is happening with this "unexpected" heavenly body:

I don't beleive for a minute NASA does not already know that this body exists in our solar system. This is more public preparation for announcement. I think that secret Air Force space ship was checking it out. Why they are feeling they have to disclose the information now after hiding it for so long, I don't know. They found it in the 80's. Maybe we are going to be seeing it soon and they won't be shout everyone down by screeching that it's lense glare, swamp gas or Venus anymore.

We will be seeing articles spinning about how this body is affecting the climate and how it will affect earth. They are going to have to overcome the doctrines of the end of the world doomsters. Even if it the future is heading towards doom, the government and their "smart" minions are not going to want the public to know that. They will all sing from the same page of "settled science" and there will be no deviation in public - as usual. They will attack doomsters like there is no tomorrow and underplay the affect this visitor will have on our solar system. When the public finally knows about this, that will be end of globalism's man made climate change game. We will all know why the climate is acting up.

Your opinion is shared by many. I think you're right about them already knowing about this and I think this is called the indoctrination period.

We had the Vatican give their blessings.
Stephen Hawkings giving his warning.
MSM reporting (what would've been duped crack-pot tidbits not too long ago) UFOs over major cities/airports almost weekly.

I mean c'mon. Isn't it obvious that they are setting the stage for SOMETHING?
This would be the perfect precursor (plan) to introduce an outer body planet/sun that is starting to re-enter the inner solar system and be visible by many amateur astronomers shortly.

We'll find out soon enough. Tomorrow (?) or Thursday is the NASA announcement about Saturn, right?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
DO NOT OPEN!!!!

Originally posted by subject9
I found a new pic of planet X for people to give opinions.

Is it planet X or Nibru?

*removed*

edit on Wed Dec 1 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Sedna
Date: 14 Nov 2003
These three panels show the first detection of the faint distant object dubbed "Sedna." Imaged on November 14th, 2003 from 6:32 to 9:38 Universal Time, Sedna was identified by the slight shift in position noted in these three pictures taken at different times.

Subsequent observations at longer time intervals provided the information necessary to deduce the nature of Sedna's 10,500 year orbit around the Sun. The field of view of each frame is 3.4 arcminutes square, and each pixel is 1.0 arcsecond.

Image Credit: NASA/Caltech/M. Brown

Credit: NASA/Caltech
Source:nasa

"The Sun appears so small from that distance that you could completely block it out with the head of a pin," said Dr. Mike Brown, Caltech associate professor of planetary astronomy and leader of the research team. The object, unofficially named "Sedna," is 13 billion kilometers (8 billion miles) away from Earth.

This is likely the first detection of the long-hypothesized "Oort cloud," a faraway repository of small icy bodies that supplies the comets that streak by Earth.

Sedna is an excellent example of why the Nemesis/Tyche objects would be of extreme importance to monitor. Not because the planetary objects would have an influence on us... but because the dense object that put them in their radical orbits might. And that means a veritable hail storm of comets could have been hurled at us in the past and potential can in the future if it decides to disturb the inner or outer Oort cloud again

What I mean by that is that if there truly is a planetary body, or a dark star that is more massive than Jupiter, it's not really a matter of if we'll get hit by comets and Oort objects. It would entirely be a matter of when. We all know what the theories are at present. 2012 is the time frame according to multiple documented sources, and those theories are all relatively well known now.

Why does this matter to me, you ask?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5730d6a56e4d.jpg[/atsimg]
Credit: NASA/JPL

If this NASA concept drawing is accurate( which for the sake of this argument I will give NASA more credit than they deserve in saying it probably is) Then we can assume that if a planetary object of this size could have been in effect formed and pulled into its current orbit by another dense object in space, or possibly a star... IMO of course.

A NASA sponsored scientist named Dr. Mike Brown, Caltech associate professor of planetary astronomy and leader of the research team that discovered Sedna had something very interesting to say in regards to this possibility.

The extremely elliptical orbit of Sedna is unlike anything previously seen by astronomers; however, it resembles that of objects predicted to lie in the hypothetical Oort cloud. The cloud is thought to explain the existence of certain comets. It is believed to surround the Sun and extend outward halfway to the star closest to the Sun. But Sedna is 10 times closer than the predicted distance of the Oort cloud. Brown says this "inner Oort cloud" may have been formed by gravity from a rogue star near the Sun in the solar system's early days.

Brown explained, "The star would have been close enough to be brighter than the full Moon, and it would have been visible in the daytime sky for 20,000 years." Worse, it would have dislodged comets farther out in the Oort cloud, leading to an intense comet shower that could have wiped out any life that existed on Earth at the time.

It's my interpretation that if such a star did exist it would certainly help explain the outer planetary bodies in their crazy orbits around our sun. It also is a little scarier to think about what happens if the dense object that hypothetically dragged small (or large) planets into these radical orbits, also is on a similar elliptical orbit... which to me makes pretty good sense that they would have been influenced by such a body.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Kepler's Law will be interesting when Humans teleport their arses up to a distant planet in the near future. They'll look back and think 'who were those apes in ties with all those telescopes, rulers, pencils and erasers?"

The discovery of two planets happened by the direct application of Kepler's 3 laws of orbital systems. Better proof that they are highly correct could not be had. Lowell and Tombaugh carefully observed the perturbations in the orbits of the planets, used his math to mathematically predict where in the sky they would be.

This is why it is not called a theory...It is a LAW of physics! not an abstract "feeling".

www.discoveryofpluto.com...

These laws are important for calculating the orbit of a planet with only partial information. In essence, the discovery of Neptune and Pluto involved a reverse application of these laws and the law of gravity, to predict where a planet might be based on how it was affecting the orbit of another planet.

Kepler's Law

FIRST LAW: Each planetary orbit is an ellipse, with the Sun at one focus of the ellipse.

SECOND LAW: The line joining the planet to the sun sweeps out equal areas for equal time intervals. This means: The closer a planet is to the Sun in its orbit, the faster it moves.

THIRD LAW: The cube of a planet's semi-major axis of its orbit, divided by the square of its orbital period, is a constant. So, where d is the length of the semi-major axis and t is the time it takes for an orbit, d3 /t2 is the same for all planets. Simply put: The farther a planet is from the Sun, the longer it takes to complete an orbit.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_laws_of_planetary_motion

Figure 1: Illustration of Kepler's three laws with two planetary orbits. (1) The orbits are ellipses, with focal points ƒ1 and ƒ2 for the first planet and ƒ1 and ƒ3 for the second planet. The Sun is placed in focal point ƒ1. (2) The two shaded sectors A1 and A2 have the same surface area and the time for planet 1 to cover segment A1 is equal to the time to cover segment A2. (3) The total orbit times for planet 1 and planet 2 have a ratio a13/2 : a23/2.

So If you begin to understand the basics of orbital mechanics, you will see that the orbits and actions of one planet in a system affects ALL the bodies in the system.

It would be how a a new planet would be detected.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
100% speculation on the part of the stories author. There is no evidence and Nasa has not said anything of the sort.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

DO NOT OPEN!!!!

Originally posted by subject9
I found a new pic of planet X for people to give opinions.

Is it planet X or Nibru?

Planet X

Mods need to get on the ball faster, the guy is trolling and griefing threads all over the place...surely there is one mod out there that will wake up and do their job and ban this moron.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join