It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

j311o you like spreading propaganda

this article here looks like the same things you wrote. even got the same speeling mistake Hu Yaobang which you and the article wrote Hu Yiaobang

english.epochtimes.com...

and guess what its from the epoch times. a anti-communist newspaper

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

no during the XIAN incident the communist captured Chiang Kai-Shek and made him sign a agreeement. to stop the japanese invasoin

Excuse me, The Chicomms captured Chang ? When ? You aren't making this up are you ?

[edit on 22-8-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
By now after all those times you tried to prove me wrong, you'd should of learned to truse me

it wasn't actually communist but he was handed to them by KMT generals

here if you think i am wrong
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-8-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
ChinaWhite, by chance do you know which helicopters the Chinese are at the moment buying and making?

Also which helicopters do they have in their present Armed Forces?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
the main ones are the Z-9 which is a licensed produced Eurocopter Dauphin around 40 of these and about 200 Mi-8/-17 transports.

here is a link
www.sinodefence.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Does anyone know of their plans to aquire an attack helicopter?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
its at their site. the Z-10
www.sinodefence.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
...very interesting.

The Turbomeca Arriel-1C1 engine of the WuZhi-9 gives a max speed of 315km/h. Meaning Taiwan in 20minutes. If they begin to field a few hundreds of these, or even in the higher tens it could cause massive amounts of problems for Taiwan and enable them to gain a foot-hold on the beach prior to the landing craft arriving.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
combined this with strikes by hundreds of planes, crusie missiles ballistic missiles. mines laid in taiwans ports. seaborne bombardment, attacks on taiwans power network, commando raids, and you will have chaos.

PS. taiwans airbase for F-16s is hidden in a mountain. if the enterance of this cave if someone struck with a missle. taiwans whole F-16 fleet is grounded until it ca be repaired. thats why china is workig and accurancy of its cruise missile

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hahaha...chinawhite, i don't think it means much by me posting a list of things and then you argue each one of them. Because I can argue the things you argued, and we can go back and forth and there will be no end.

As for attack helicopter, I agree with FredT, Cobra seems to be the more logical options than Apache.

If I remember correctly, Taiwan purchases AH-1W instead of Apache in 1990s because of maintanence cost and because AH-1 was more suitable for coastal operations.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by twchang]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

PS. taiwans airbase for F-16s is hidden in a mountain. if the enterance of this cave if someone struck with a missle. taiwans whole F-16 fleet is grounded until it ca be repaired. thats why china is workig and accurancy of its cruise missile

Hmm...i don't think all F-16s are hidden in mountain. Even if they are, they won't be hidden in one mountain. Also, the enterances of the cave are facing eastward, making them hard targets from missiles firing from China. Unless of course China can send ships around Taiwan to fire the missiles.

Also, I doubt the engineers and military haven't thought of the scenario where the enterances are hit...so there should be some counter measures of such attack.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i dont really care. if you want to argue then i will. but isn't that the whole point oof forums. we both post our opinions and the other person debunks them

..........or is it to post pretty pictures

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

i dont really care. if you want to argue then i will. but isn't that the whole point oof forums. we both post our opinions and the other person debunks them

Well, that would be going way off topic and bored everyone.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
not if they were interested in the subject.

if they were interested they would add to it not just one liners.

--------------------------------

you post your infomation and i post mine. then let the people of the forum decide whats right

------------------------------------------

are you going to answer me. i would like to hear your answers on why different TV makes different cultures.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The WZ-10 sure does look better than the WZ-9..
The WZ-9 was quite pathetic..

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
your quite right. a transport with fited with rockets and Anti-tank missiles dont quite make a good attack helicopter.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If you insist,...but I myself is getting quite boring about this culture topic because I just feel they are different, that is all. So I don't see the point of all this.

the natives of taiwan are like the maori of new zealand.

Hmm...not sure how are the maori in new zealand, so no comment. But if they are, they are still there in Taiwan. Makes no difference.

no they dont. i have been to taiwan and i understand everything they say. not mardarin.

Don't you notice the differences in tune etc? Because I notice them. And the slans are different. Manderin is also spoken a bit differently.

japanese.? like what rice paper.

You mean the buildings? Not exactly. Most of them use something that looks like rice paper but are not. There are also the "ta-ta-mi" things and others.

go visit any city on chinas east coast that you cant say the same.

I was under the impression that Chinese have some deep anger toward Japanese, which is quite different from most Taiwanese. Because of the soccer riot, the recent large scale demonstrations etc. Taiwanese feeling toward Japan is quite different. There are minor disputes like fishing rights etc, but overall the relationship is quite friendly. Currently most foreign tourists in Taiwan are still Japanese I think. And a quote from Taipei Times, "Japan is one of the top destinations for business travelers and vacationers from Taiwan, and nearly 1 million Taiwanese visit the country each year, according to statistics supplied by the Central News Agency (CNA)."

you are naming TV shows.

Yes, TV shows. However, the stage puppet show was quite popular even before the TV. They play the show in local festivals etc. They just play the same kind of stuff on TV, when TV becomes available.

it was actually created in hong kong but the taiwanese put jelly inside. i can get bubble tea in australia.

Right. You can probably get bubble tea in North America and Europe as well. But that doesn't mean that the jelly version of the bubble tea is not something unique in Taiwan. Because the jelly version originated in Taiwan and is very popular in Taiwan.

like what?

Can't really name them because I don't know their English name. They are not very popular outside Taiwan. Been to several China town in North America, I don't see any of those food. But just to give you another example...the can food and instant noodles made from China and Taiwan are quite different. I tasted them both.

can you rephase this.

Simply put, I talk to people from Hong Kong and China before, and there is not a lot of common interests which I find in other Taiwanese. This doesn't mean that we have not common interests. A friend from Hong Kong for example, also like Video games. But things like jokes, way of talking, topic of discussion etc are a bit different from Taiwanese. And as I said before, this is a good thing, not a bad thing.

all you need to do is buy a staeillite dish to watch taiwanese television. hponiex xing kong. any of that can be watched

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that they are originated from Taiwan. If I watch Tonigh Show with Jay Leno, that doesn't make me an American, even though the show is the product of US culture. The important thing is the content, not the location.

why is baseball influencing china and taiwan polictically?

Did I even say they effect China and Taiwan politically? I am just pointing out Baseball effect Taiwan's culture. But as someone point out earlier, it might be some sort of cold war thing, but all I am describing is the baseball culture, not the political meaning.

talk to a northern chinese and southern chinese and you will feel the same.

As I mentioned before, I talk to some of them or listening to some of their conversations already and I don't feel the same. And northern and southern Chinese are a bit different as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

By now after all those times you tried to prove me wrong, you'd should of learned to truse me

it wasn't actually communist but he was handed to them by KMT generals

here if you think i am wrong
en.wikipedia.org...

LMAO, trust you ? Once again I have proved you wrong
As I said the communists never captured Chang. Your own source proves it LOL.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

KMT generals Zhang Xueliang and Yang Hucheng (with the support of the Communist leader Zhou Enlai), kidnapped Chiang Kai-shek and forced him to join a united front with the Communists against the Japanese.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
KMT generals Zhang Xueliang and Yang Hucheng (with the support of the Communist leader Zhou Enlai), kidnapped Chiang Kai-shek and forced him to join a united front with the Communists against the Japanese.

Not sure what this quote means but from my understanding, Zhang(Chang) and Yang kidnaps Chiang because Chiang was focusing on defeating CCP, which has retreated westward during that time. Chiang "ignore" Japanese attack because of various reasons. First, he knew that China can not win over Japan during that time because industries just start setting up in southern China and there is no support for heavy military weapons. Second, he thinks it is better to clear out communists before confronting Japan. Of course all these are historians speculation based on their diaries extra in later date.

Chang and Yang thought otherwise. Their homeland, north east of China are invaded and harassed by Japan. And with a lot of other personal reasons, they decided to kidnap Chiang.

Chang was brought to Taiwan later and basically put under house arrest for life by Chiang.

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join