It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
mine are

sino
china-defense
global
Fas
Wikipedia
bibliography of many overseas chinese.
numerous websites that i didn't bookmark.

So one argument "proved" you where "better" than him..

at the particular subject

Ok "starving", does that mean we starved them or does that mean the officers in charge are bad?

i never ment to kill them but so they could surrender from the lack of food

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

**Gets a head ache**
Right, I am talking about how they DO practise long range flying .
You brung dog fighiting into this..

oringial quote from me if you botherd to read.

no. not having long endurance training gives them the added bouns of momre dog fighting training evasion and low level penerations

Ah so you mean first there was a "report" then a "get the F out"?
That makes sense.
The nation is well within thier rights to do so, but angering the western eagle aint the brightest move.

not when they have the support of china and russia

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
mine are

sino
china-defense
global
Fas
Wikipedia
bibliography of many overseas chinese.
numerous websites that i didn't bookmark.

You just get too "into" the whole research bit to notice the actual "adress" of the place..
Yes no?
I do..

at the particular subject

Aha, at that subject.
Hence, he is only biased in one way.

i never ment to kill them but so they could surrender from the lack of food

We all dont mean things, we never meant dresden but it happened.
We never meant for the brazilian to get shot but he did.
We never meant to but RN ships in strikeing distance of argentinian units but we did.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

oringial quote from me if you botherd to read.

no. not having long endurance training gives them the added bouns of momre dog fighting training evasion and low level penerations

Where the hell did that NOT come from??? Damm irn bru ....
Sorry my fault.
But on another point, what use are those if you cant get to the target?

not when they have the support of china and russia

Russia; on the side lines, it makes money, it needs to heal.
China; still a stranded but dangerous non the less.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

have you been to taiwan.?

sure,my brother is married to a beautiful taiwanese girl and our family went to taiwan for their wedding,and we've being visiting taiwan ever since.

i think i know if taiwan had the same cultural since i shared the blood of 98% of their people.

no,you don't know, since you have never been to taiwan because taiwanese don't allow any of you and the rest of your PRC spy trolls to enter taiwan

so,going by your definition and logic. since you shares 99.9% of blood and genes with monkeys, that means monkeys are your daddy and going by the way your brain seems to function,you do call those murderous evil CCP monkeys your daddy! but that would be really insulting to the monkeys tho

you even got the dates mixed up. it was 1949 and they decleared a new country which included taiwan. As you dont know taiwan still claimed the mainland up to this date

no,when PRC Officially declare itself an independent "COUNTRY" and a separate "COUNTRY" from the ROC,the PRC doesn't include taiwan at all,because at the time Taiwan is still japan territory and "under the protection and governance of USA military government" under General.Macarthur!!!

during WW2,mao and the CCP allied with japan to open other war fronts to fight the ROC/ANZUS allies! later,mao even thanked the japan for invading china and mao said that the "CCP would never have come to power if japan hadn't invaded china and allied with CCP"!

a new writing system? they simiplyed chinese so that the ordinary chinese could read and write. traditional chinese has 8000+characters whilst simpilfyed has 1500.

what for? the ordinary chinese could "already" read and write traditional chinese writting. there were absolutely no reasons or need for the evil PRC creation of the simplified chinese writting! plus the simplified chinese writting was inspired by japanese and looks like japanese writting!

also since CCP wants to erase and rewrite the history before them,so the CCP considered that anybody that can read and write traditional chinese writting are considered to be "anti-revolutionary" thus they need to be killed and eliminated!

do you know what the 5 flag star represents.?

sure,the 5 flag star represents PRC CCP's anti-chinese murderous mayhem and the total destruction of the past glorious chinese cultures and history!

and creating its own money.? use the orginal chinese money that was worth 1million dollars to one american?

the PRC created the RMB$,and Taiwan uses the "new Taiwan dolloar$"! the RMB$ is NOT accepted in Taiwan! but since you have never been to Taiwan so of course you DON'T KNOW that!

please break down the 100million

umm. 100million intellectuals teachers and engineers.

already explain above to you as to how CCP justified and rationalize its muderous mayhem
why don't you break down for me how you and the rest of the PRC spy trolls kept on asserting that the PRC/CCP never killed anybody? or that somehow that those innocent chinese deserved to be killed? or that the PLA didn't kill those students at Tiananmen Square massacre and nobody died? or that during the "culture dissolution and destruction revolutuon" and "great leap backward" was the greatest achievement of chinese history and nobody died
and how the PLA single handedly defeated the japanese?

[edit on 19-8-2005 by j311o]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by j311o
sure,my brother is married to a beautiful taiwanese girl and our family went to taiwan for their wedding,and we've being visiting taiwan ever since.

where do they live. you are a westerner. you have never experienced chinese life or will ever experience what it is to be chinese.

you can go visit taiwan. i will to this year.

no,you don't know, since you have never been to taiwan because taiwanese don't allow any of you and the rest of your PRC spy trolls to enter taiwan

so,going by your definition and logic. since you shares 99.9% of blood and genes with monkeys, that means monkeys are your daddy and going by the way your brain seems to function,you do call those murderous evil CCP monkeys your daddy! but that would be really insulting to the monkeys tho

i live in australia. and from having family right next to taiwan in putian with family living in both sides of the straight. my dads brother just recently moved to taiwan to start a buiness. having family that settled in the 19th centuray on taiwan. i think i am more in knownledge of their culture than yourself.

as for blood i am part Hokkien and part hakka from my dad and han from my mothers side.

and you know what taiwanese are right?

no,when PRC Officially declare itself an independent "COUNTRY" and a separate "COUNTRY" from the ROC,the PRC doesn't include taiwan at all,because at the time Taiwan is still japan territory and "under the protection and governance of USA military government" under General.Macarthur!!!

no japan gave up all those rights agreed in cario in 1943. when japan surrendered she gave the land back to china.

by 1945 the last japanese troops already surrendered to the ROC

during WW2,mao and the CCP allied with japan to open other war fronts to fight the ROC/ANZUS allies! later,mao even thanked the japan for invading china and mao said that the "CCP would never have come to power if japan hadn't invaded china and allied with CCP"!

the CCP NEVER EVER helped or allied themselves with the japanese.

THE CCP and mao allied themeselves with the Guomindang againest the japanese in 1937. they decleared a truce until the war was finished.

even your basic knowledge is lacking

MAO thanking japanese. thats a new one.

what for? the ordinary chinese could "already" read and write traditional chinese writting. there were absolutely no need for the evil PRC creation of the simplified chinese writting! plus the simplified chinese writting was inspired by japanese and looks like japanese writting!

ummm.... litercy rates in china were 20% of the entire population. thats 80% of them will never know how to read under the ROC

those that could afford the long and expensive education could only read or write. only the really rich could afford this and the peasants were left un-educated

traditional chinese takes nearly twice as long to learn. that is just the basics.
also simiplyed was not invented by communist but by a chinese in WW1

japanese was copied from chinese writing.

also since CCP wants to erase and rewrite the history before them,so the CCP considered that anybody that can read and write traditional chinese writting are considered to be "anti-revolutionary" thus they need to be killed and eliminated!

Mao was a scholar. he loved to enjoy reading and writing.

sure,the 5 flag star represents PRC CCP's anti-chinese murderous mayhem and the total destruction of the past glorious chinese cultures and history!

the 4 classes of workers

the PRC created the RMB$,and Taiwan uses the "new Taiwan dolloar$"! the RMB$ is NOT accepted in Taiwan! but since you have never been to Taiwan so of course you DON'T KNOW that!

i know there is different currency. whats your point

already explain above to you as to how CCP rationalize its muderous mayhem
why don't you break down for me how you and the rest of the PRC spy trolls kept on asserting that the PRC/CCP never killed anybody?
or that somehow that those innocent chinese deserved to be killed? or that the PLA didn't kill those students at Tiananmen Square massacre and nobody died? or that during the "culture dissolution and destruction revolutuon" and "great leap backward" was the greatest achievement of chinese history and nobody died

the great leap forward was a failure and has been acknowledged by the chinese overnment. it set chinas development back by 10years.

the cultural revolution was started to create a true communist society. those that were thought to be haing a easy life were taught a lesson on the the rest of china lived. and get rid of the four olds. habits of the chinese people. like equal rights to women

and how the PLA single handedly defeated the japanese?

have you even read a communist book on the history of the war?

[edit on 19-8-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

as for blood i am part Hokkien and part hakka from my dad and han from my mothers side.

Is that where "hakka noodles" come from??!

I sure am a sucker for chinese food.. Gimme a life-time's supply of awesome chinese food and you have my support for taiwan!! :rolll:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
i think you mean Hokkien noodles. right?

thick yellow ones

im not to sure if it does. because many places say they invented it.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   

yes i am bias to china but i am not as bias as him. he tried to prove to me that the taiwanese have a different culture a different language and taiwanese were first to see the island.

i proved him wrong on all accounts because i know the "taiwanese" language because its my own language from the mainland. same culture as me because i am Hokkien and part hakka.

You do realize that 100 years of seperate ruling by different governments will create different cultures right?

Taiwan was governed by Japan for 50 years, and by KMT for nearly 50 years under martial laws, and transform to democratic state in the 90s.

Not only cultures, but ways of thinking and perspectives are different. And right now Taiwan is still under going some sort of rapid transformation in terms of thinking because of the recent democratisation, in my opinion.

Also, I think that the 3 languages that originated from China sound a bit different from the original as well.

[edit on 20-8-2005 by twchang]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

i live in australia. and from having family right next to taiwan in putian with family living in both sides of the straight. my dads brother just recently moved to taiwan to start a buiness. having family that settled in the 19th centuray on taiwan. i think i am more in knownledge of their culture than yourself.

and you know what taiwanese are right?

Let me see if I can use this example to show what I think Taiwanese is:
Since you never been to Taiwan, not a citizen of Taiwan, and don't even know what 228 incident is...I think you are more Australian than Taiwanese. And since you are biased toward China, you are Chinese. Since China is threatening Taiwan, you are biased against Taiwan, so that make you even less Taiwanese in my opinion...

19th century eh...Taiwan governed by the highly currupted Manchu dynasty? That is a long time ago, and I think you don't exist yet...so there is no way you can say that you understand more about 19th century Taiwan, or current Taiwan, because of the connection.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by twchang

Well, since you never been to Taiwan, not a citizen of Taiwan, and don't even know what 228 incident is...I think you are more Australian than Taiwanese. And since you are biased toward China, you are Chinese. Since China is threatening Taiwan, you are biased against Taiwan, so that make you less Taiwanese in my opinion...

i said i been to taiwan. i am not a citizen. how does being more australian bias me towards china

i know what the 228 incident is. i thought you were talking about a communist one. because you mentioned human rights in mainland china

19th century eh...Taiwan governed by the highly currupted Manchu dynasty? That is a long time ago, and I think you don't exist yet...so there is no way you can say that you understand more about 19th century Taiwan, or current Taiwan, because of the connection.

i didn't say i am connected to 19th centuray taiwan but i have relatives that wen to taiwan during that time.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by twchang
You do realize that 100 years of seperate ruling by different governments will create different cultures right?

no. no different cultures. only during the past 50years has contact been minimzed.

this is just like a big hong kong

Taiwan was governed by Japan for 50 years, and by KMT for nearly 50 years under martial laws, and transform to democratic state in the 90s.

since 1987 there has been a change in thinking from people in taiwan. during the japanese occupation and early guomindang rule mainland chinese still went to taiwan quite frenquently

Not only cultures, but ways of thinking and perspectives are different. And right now Taiwan is still under going some sort of rapid transformation in terms of thinking because of the recent democratisation, in my opinion.

what culture. name something that is different from the ones in fujian

Also, I think that the 3 languages that originated from China sound a bit different from the original as well.

i know i can understand what people on taiwan called taiwanese.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well in India here, its called "hakka noodles" on the menu.. so I was wondering..
chinawhite..you've got some new blood at ATS..why don't you recruit some of them for some support on this thread..
One guy is "middlekingdom" and another is "jadechina"..
I found em' at "other current events"..

You seem to be "one-man-army"-ing out here with all these amerikanske!!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Phew, Just back from China yesterday. Went there to visit my family.

Firstly, let me start by saying that most Taiwanese are either apathetic or anti-independence. 80% of Taiwanese wanting independence? Do you know how many people Chen expected to turn up for the independence march cum protest against the new Taiwan law, and how many people actually turned up?

Taiwan is already like an independent country by what they do and how they do things. The have a sort of democratic government, they don't pay taxes to the Chinese government, they don't have to report what they do to the Chinese government (except for maybe independence of course) and I have no idea why Taiwan would go and declare independence if it means the same privililages and same freedom while possibly sparking off a nuclear war.

My bet is that Taiwan will stay like this until a new anti-independence president is elected, and that is when the Chinese will try and unite with Taiwan. Also, China is unlikely to risk its 2008 Beijing games for the war, even if war did happen, chances are, it would happen in 2009 or later. That is, if it even happens.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

what culture. name something that is different from the ones in fujian

There is nothing "concrete." Culture is not a hardware neither. It is not just chop sticks, food or toilets. It is something more.

But there are differences. You can see them if you observe. I met some Chinese in the past and they just act differently from Taiwanese.

Unfortunately I never went to Fujian so I don't know if there are big difference between Taiwan and Fujian. But my father went to Fujian and other Chinese provinces once and he thinks there are a lot of differences. The land, the people...they are all different.

I am not trying to deny that a lot of Taiwanese culture comes from China. But under different rule for so many years, there will be differences. Just like Hong Kong is still major different from the rest of the China, even after it becomes part of China after 1997.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
The have a sort of democratic government, they don't pay taxes to the Chinese government, they don't have to report what they do to the Chinese government (except for maybe independence of course) and I have no idea why Taiwan would go and declare independence if it means the same privililages and same freedom while possibly sparking off a nuclear war.

My bet is that Taiwan will stay like this until a new anti-independence president is elected, and that is when the Chinese will try and unite with Taiwan. Also, China is unlikely to risk its 2008 Beijing games for the war, even if war did happen, chances are, it would happen in 2009 or later. That is, if it even happens.

Taiwan doesn't have sort of democratic system, it is a democratic system. Although there are flaws in the political system and the constitutions, the government officials like president, mayors, law makers, are elected. And people are free to express their opinions....etc.

China is welcomed to try to take Taiwan when an anti-independence president is elected, but any move from the current status of Taiwan will need to be agreed upon by Taiwanese people, especially a big change like "unification". Unless of course China wants to take Taiwan by force, then it will almost likely mean "indepedence" if Taiwan survived...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
twchang, don't you think that could be due to the size of the Nation?

There is a large different between Russian's depending on the area and China has what 1.3billion people?

If you take any sample, from City to City you will see a difference in many Nations even under the same Government.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

i think you mean Hokkien noodles. right?

thick yellow ones

im not to sure if it does. because many places say they invented it.

When a thread reaches over 2450 replies and 123 pages.. in a forum meant to discuss weaponry.. to end up discussing "noodles" could be a sign to close it and let it die.

Then again maybe not.

Gazz

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would call this the town hall meating about the curret state of weaponary of world stage: political, economic and military about how these effect the arms and arms deals.

to me it feels like a mix of preww1 and a cold war, paralleling what is happening the jump in tech that arrivals the days before ww1 happening now with missiles, lazers, rail guns, stealth fighters, new subs, aircraft carrierse, tanks...etc on both sides.

i hope this thread keeps going on

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
150 years and the last 50 years is quite a different thing..
I don't think any country has used the Military to kill students protesting..
Execpt maybe Iran.. And that also I'm not sure off.

The US did, the National Guard killed some student protesters during Vietnam War
www.bbc.co.uk...

Aren't Hakkas a subgroup of Han?

Originally posted by devilwasp

The fact of the matter is, the Chinese Government are displaying change. Yes they are not democratic, but in reality how many Nation's hold a true level of democracy? The public having their say on the issues?

The chinese government TOOK control, never got elected but took it.

Of course they did, what's a revolution without a new party taking control?

It's true that very few governments today are democratic. Democracy means the people have direct influence on government decisions, and that means the government must hold refrendums for everything they do. That's not true in most countries that are considered by common sense to be "democratic." What they really are is called republic.

China is also a republic, except it works differently. Instead of electing parties, citizens instead elect the local officials and also members of the National People's Congress which in turn appoints the higher-ups in the CCP. The level of democracy is not much lower than most western countries. Most things you are or are not allowed to do in the US, it's the same in China. Chew gum on the street, allowed. Run across the street naked, not allowed!

[edit on 20-8-2005 by Taishyou]

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join