It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Oh, the old China invading Taiwan, USgets involved thing.

I doubt the US would get involved depnding on when it happens. Right now, they couldn't really. Iraq and Afghansitahn going on.

I think it would be foolish to try to stop China. They are rather important economically... they do produce a very large percentage of hte West's goods. Think what would happen, what we wouldn't have if they decided to cut off exporting to us? Also, war between the US and China would be carnage, no one could win that. Both sides would be devestated and highly vunerable if they fought until one acheived total victory. It would probably end in a stalemate.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"I doubt the US would get involved depnding on when it happens. "

They are already involved.

"I think it would be foolish to try to stop China."

They have already stopped China.

"They are rather important economically... they do produce a very large percentage of hte West's goods. "

The US is China's daily bread.

"Think what would happen, what we wouldn't have if they decided to cut off exporting to us? "

I've already thought of that. China would collapse and there would be a civil war.

"Also, war between the US and China would be carnage, no one could win that. Both sides would be devestated and highly vunerable if they fought until one acheived total victory. It would probably end in a stalemate."

That has never stopped sides from going to war before. China is aware of this. That's why there is no conflict now.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The best thing the US could do is to start moving manufacturing out of China to other spots around the world.

There is no special reason to rely so heavily on China and if their attitude does not change the industrialized world will seize every opportunity to move manufacturing to Thialand, India, Indonesia, South America, and Africa.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
China is only hurting itself.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
The best thing the US could do is to start moving manufacturing out of China to other spots around the world.

There is no special reason to rely so heavily on China and if their attitude does not change the industrialized world will seize every opportunity to move manufacturing to Thialand, India, Indonesia, South America, and Africa.

Well you can blame Walmart and Clintons Free Trade Agreement for all that.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

There is. China does it cheaper than ANYONE else can. At all. To do that would drive up prices. The consumers would be poorer. What happens when people in the west have to pay more? We get pissed off. We get poorer. This isn't good. We like our stuff cheap, I am not afraid to admit this. See, we have a minimum wage. China probably doesn't, or it is so low it doesn't matter.

There is no choice, it just makes sense to any big firm to make its produce cheaper elsewhere. Profit demands it. To keep competeitive, it is necessary.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"China does it cheaper than ANYONE else can."

Even Chinese companies are starting to export jobs to cheaper labor areas. Soon Europe and the US will go right to the source and bypass China.

"There is no choice"

There is no choice, if you do not know what the choices are. Chinese companies will follow Japan's lead and as wages rise export jobs faster and faster. Industrial world companies will see this and go right to the source and invest in new factories there. Learn more. All situs are of a temporary nature. China's current dominance is temporary.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

"China does it cheaper than ANYONE else can."

Even Chinese companies are starting to export jobs to cheaper labor areas. Soon Europe and the US will go right to the source and bypass China.

"There is no choice"

There is no choice, if you do not know what the choices are. Chinese companies will follow Japan's lead and as wages rise export jobs faster and faster. Industrial world companies will see this and go right to the source and invest in new factories there. Learn more. All situs are of a temporary nature. China's current dominance is temporary.

Just like my country's (U.S.A.) dominance?

Every dominance is temporary. No need to get so excited. We all know you hate China, bode.

If anything, we have no idea as to where China's economic dominance is going. It may very well last for the next century or so.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"It may very well last for the next century or so."

True.

It also may last till next quarter. There are some economic indicators that show it may have already peaked.

I don't hate the Chinese people. I do hate the CCP.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

"It may very well last for the next century or so."

True.

It also may last till next quarter. There are some economic indicators that show it may have already peaked.

I don't hate the Chinese people. I do hate the CCP.

You can hate the CCP all you want, but a government is a government. Don't like it, change it. Otherwise, don't complain.

Just like our government. They may not be good people, but they do keep this country what it is, so that's enough for me.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Anyone know if the Chinese are getting their hands on any of the ka-52/50 helicopters?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
The German high command had planned the invasion of the low countries around how efficient their rail system was, what happened to those plans in 1914?

There was nothing wrong with German logistics. We lost because AFTER leaving the trains our military was beaten by joint allied forces (GB, France, etc.) after a long and bloody fighting.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

How can you say most taiwanese. have you met half of them. surveys?

or are you just saying that because they dont have large riots.

They don't have large demonstration against Japanese for one thing. (They have a lot more demonstrations against China). And I got the impression of the "most" Taiwanese because of messages posted on Taiwanese message board and Taiwanese I met through out my life. And when you live in Taiwan for quite sometime you will get some sense of general public opinions.

Another example, there was a World Baseball Championship (not a very world wide popular event, don't remember what it is actually called, but something like that) hold in Taipei a few years ago. If I remembered correctly, Taiwan lost to Japan and got the 3rd place, and there is no riot or anything like that. Later, the coaches of both team wish each other luck in Olympics in news conference.

mainland china is the top destination. but do you think the taiwanese have a good opinion about them

Hahaha...I am not sure if China is the "top" destination. There are a lot of Taiwanese that go to China, but mainly for business, not tourism.

and a TV show is ment to show a difference in culture

They are not meant to show the differences, but they show the differences. And the puppet shows exist long before TV, as I mentioned before.

But that doesn't mean that the jelly version of the bubble tea is not something unique in Taiwan.

I can buy Chinese food in North America, does that mean Chinese culture is not unique, but similar to American culture?

actually that is debated. some hong kong buiness said they actually invented it but never sold it on a large scale. but the taiwanese were the first to sell it commerically

If you say so.

china exports lots of food to taiwan. and imports the a lot back. i dont see how different flavour noodles can affect people cultrually

It doesn't. If I eat Italian pasta everyday, I won't become Italian. But different culture will produce different flavor of noodles.

i dont think you talked to any northern chinese?. they are quite differnt from southerners.

talk to someone in xingjiang and then in shanghai. they are both in china. you will find them very different

Right. Exactly. If northern and southern Chinese are different, is it really that hard to believe that Fujian and Taiwan are quite different after many years of seperated rule?

what shows or TV stations are they from. because then i can compare them to something from china or korea

If you go to Taiwan, they have them in a lot of channels. Almost every Channel in Taiwan has them. Usually broadcast them in weekend only.

northern and southern chinese are more different from fujian to taiwan

Perhaps, but that would be personal opinion. In my opinion, Taiwan and Fujian are more different.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by twchang]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Don't think China can just send Helicopters to Taiwan.

They will face air defense system from Navy, PAC and airforce. Plus lower level SAM such as stinger missiles, avenger (stingers on Humvee) and others. There are also new types of anti-aircraft guns (with high firing rate and remote control system, can be used agaist vehicle as well) developed jointly by Taiwan and Singapore.

Unless, they can send the chopters in without been detected, which will give them the element of surprise and higher probability of success. Otherwise, they will have to take out some anti-aircraft systems first before the helicopters can move in.

What Taiwan also needs to watch out for though is not just full scale invasions, but special operations or surgical strikes. And perhaps the biggest enemy is Taiwan itself. Easier to blow a fort from within than from outside....

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Twchang and Chinawhite, are you liberals?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX

Liberals? Not sure what that means. You mean the western political left wing?

I think in that sense I am neutral. I lean toward right wing in some case, but lean toward left wing in others...but I don't think I like the extreme left and extreme right...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX

Dude, please dont.....dont do it man...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
American are stupid and arrogant.

They don't accept the fact that Taiwan is a part of China.

I will give some advice to U.S. government and people: don't forget Korean War and Vietnam War.

If you want to invade or conquer China, you will fail and lose your people's lives and wealth.

Chinese people will never let West countries to invade China and kill Chinese people as they did in 19th and 20 centuries. In 1900, 8 strongest nations, including USA, Russia, Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Spain invaded China, killed many Chinese people in China's capital--Beijing, and burned China's most beautiful royal palace--Yuan Ming Yuan. Every Chinese people know and remember this fact. We will revenge.

Remember: China is not Iraq. China is not Iran. China is not Japan. China is not Syria. China is not Korea. China is not Palestine.

China is a great country, China is a big country. China is a large country. China has a long histroy and great tradition.

China will no longer surrender to USA or other countries.

China will protect its people and land with all means and methods, including nuclear power and attack any people in the countries which invade China.

Don't forget. Taiwan is a part of China. Tibet (Xizang) is a part of China. Even Korea is a part of China. Vietnam is also a part of China.

I will get back all of these parts.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogersune
Remember: China is not Iraq. China is not Iran. China is not Japan. China is not Syria. China is not Korea. China is not Palestine.

Not sure what this rhetoric is supposed to mean. The same goes for estonia, germany, saudi arabia, south africa... (the list goes on for awhile).

Don't forget. Taiwan is a part of China. Tibet (Xizang) is a part of China. Even Korea is a part of China. Vietnam is also a part of China.

Have you asked Vietnam or Korea about this? How about Taiwan? They might have something different to say. You say that the United States is conceited, but at least we don't claim that Canada and Mexico are part of the US...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Mod’s can you teach through demonstration the rules of ATS to rogersune, thank you.

Taiwan is a part of China

American are stupid and arrogant.

They don't accept the fact that Taiwan is a part of China.

I will give some advice to U.S. government and people: don't forget Korean War and Vietnam War.

If you want to invade or conquer China, you will fail and lose your people's lives and wealth.

Where to begin, where to begin. Ok first, anyone who makes such stereotypical statements in my opinion cannot be well educated. US policy toward China and Taiwan is that a peaceful and diplomatic reunification is acceptable, a militarily imposed one is not. Please learn that before you embarrass yourself some more.
Korean and Vietnam wars have nothing to do with this potentional conflict, and the US would never invade china we’re smarter than that. We simply stand firm that we would defend Taiwan upon military aggression toward it from china, and defending Taiwan does not include invading china.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by WestPoint23]

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join