It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why Julian Assange needs to be silenced...the moron

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
reply to post by ZELDAR

could you expand on how you are safer, with proofs, not gov't talking points.

also, I think the whole point of the leaks is to demonstrate to the american people, just what our gov't can and is capable of.........................................it would seem that you could use a dose of that reality

So I have to go online and search for a bunch of BS links that prove the point of national security? No, I will not. If you don't understand how the leaking of secret info hurts national security, you must be living under a rock. Do you think other countries will want to give us information when they know it will just show up online? Like I said, you have no idea (nor do I) how many issues (terrorist attacks, etc.) have been thwarted because of our secrets. I think you need a dose of reality. Everyone is out to get everyone.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
lol why do so many people make julian asswhatever and wikileaks the same thing?
the guy's on the run partially because, according to wikipedia, he's an accused raper. I'd rather not get involved with his personal #ed up problems.
wikileaks is a website that displays some, if quite possibly biased and/or manipulated, previously classified information that we can learn alot from, one way or another. I guess it's up to us to figure out how to best use it without killing each other, would be more productive than crucifiing the one guy that helped make the information available

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

falsly arrest someone? Frame them? you couldnt go lower. We are all entitled to our opinions and he's just speaking his. Why does everyone in society need to be the hero and point a finger like they are better? Too much super man or batman or spider man combo in america? Because everyone and their brother has a hero ego.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Some people think the United States are the only ones that do this stuff.They are clueless.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oou420
lol why do so many people make julian asswhatever and wikileaks the same thing?
the guy's on the run partially because, according to wikipedia, he's an accused raper. I'd rather not get involved with his personal #ed up problems.
wikileaks is a website that displays some, if quite possibly biased and/or manipulated, previously classified information that we can learn alot from, one way or another. I guess it's up to us to figure out how to best use it without killing each other, would be more productive than crucifiing the one guy that helped make the information available

Stop trying to slam the guy then praise him in the next breath.

He did not help make information available. He used known stolen classified information and illegally exposed it then ran away.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Not if the government is doing it for Justice and to stop dictators and exetremist like Bin Laden.

no offense here
but please do ur homework.

Bin Laden is/was a CIA Asset
ever since the Russians occupied
Afghanistan. The CIA also supplied the
mujaheddin with weapons and ammo
to fight the commies. They were not
trying to stop him.

link   
reply to post by ZELDAR

Yes it does concern them...if those bad things negatively affect their countries. Ultimately, other countries are funded by their citizens. So if Saudi Arabia or the US for example play the Germans for stupid, German citizens deserve to know. You might not like it, but that's the ethical thing to do...

link   

Originally posted by allthegoodusernamestaken
The people have every right to know, read about and understand exactly how much the US has been screwing the world around. I hope this leads to total diplomatic isolation and ridicule for the US, but I know it wont. Because of these revelations, I have cancelled my planned trip to the US, and rebooked for a nice long weekend in Switzerland. Knowing what I do, I would never prop your economy with my hard earned money, something I hope many will do.

The people have every right to know?

Lets be honest,
This is 2010.....Wars are no longer a "line your troops up on the battlefield and we fight to the last side stands" type of game. Wars are and have always been dirty, some information the general public should not be privy to. I agree with what the OP has said, this Wikileaks situation is a problem waiting to snowball into more conflict. I use to believe that EVERYTHING the American government does should be known by the people, but after my military service I see exactly why some information needs to NOT be allowed in the general public hands.

Majority of the free world are not free, We are all "ball-and-chained" to one thing or another, and most of the time it's irrelevant bull....
*What celebrity is caught cheating today?
*What female star has a nip-slip
*What deals are going on for black friday
*Etc. etc.

In my humble opinion, ANY man or woman who supports wikileaks is only asking for world war to be pushed forward faster. I could go on for days about this but I'll keep it simple for right now.

link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

What stuff are you ashamed of?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
CIA fights with the current situtation they get invovled in.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by ZELDAR

Yes it does concern them...if those bad things negatively affect their countries. Ultimately, other countries are funded by their citizens. So if Saudi Arabia or the US for example play the Germans for stupid, German citizens deserve to know. You might not like it, but that's the ethical thing to do...

Don't pretend to know anything about ethics if you cannot grasp the unethical and illegal distribution of classified documents.

link   
Here is a Rant....Because something has been troubling me greatly about this whole Wikilekas issue. If this sensitive information was never meant to be released, then why was it so easily released? With websites and communities such as TVSHACK or Ninja Video Taken down and URL's being repossessed,countless domain names wiped out, The united States owning the information highway, and as many of you think the MSM as well, why was this information released? Why is Wikileaks still up and running, Why has it not been shut down? Is there something to be said about how easily we can over turn things with a few critical documents and get away with it, when normally any court (especially Military) would find us guilty of treason & terrorism! I am learning that if one day I run into a similar position I MUST at all costs internationalize myself while releasing sensitive information so therefor I could still profit from the sales of the documents and not be charged in a court of law.

WHAT IN THE HELL IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN?

Here is a thought...The whole Wikileaks company was set up from the get go, fully well knowing that one day ( a few days ago-planned years ago in advance) Wikileaks would be responsible for the release of sensitive information to the public, starting out with small leaks on videos, fully well knowing that over time the plan has to start small and escalate to the final much grander plan. The pinnacle of the companies mark on humanity would be to release Government documents (cables) that would eventually lead to an all out new world war? Which is what would be needed to finally instill the public belief of a NEW WORLD GOVERNMENT. Could WIkileaks and all those involved actually be the brain child of the TPTB, and just like all of the presidents of the united states, Assange is just their puppet?
Or does Assange have MORE DOCUMENTS (documents on BIG PHARMA, INSURANCE, BANKING, ALIENS) that the United States Government has now been given proof of? Proof (if you thought that this last batch was good, you havent seen a thing yet) that even more "highly classified-Majestic" documents are Assanges go to plan in case he is set up, killed off or sent to mars to live with all the kidnapped children..
edit on 30-11-2010 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by Jobeycool

What stuff are you ashamed of?

You may have meant someone else,never said i was ashamed of anything.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Assange has got to be stopped period ...The guy does not understand how serious wars are and war time in history and how this can damage relations and cause entire policies to fall apart.Not only that but names will eventually get out and it will be known and they will fall into the hands of exetremist and then they can target that person.

Seriously, all this talk of ME not living in reality, this guy assange has no idea what his site is doing. Or does he? Sounds like assange is the most unrealistic person on the planet right now.... Theres some things you just dont do. Unless you really have a freakin problem. ie irans pres and kim jong il

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I fundamentally disagree with every single point you just made in that rant.

I've never seen that many stars! A 1-sentance statement.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't know but this stuff goig on may lead to WW3.It is becoming a big mess.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Here is a Rant....Because something has troubling me greatly about this whole Wikilekas issue. If this sensitive information was never meant to be released, then why was it so easily released? With websites and communities such as TVSHACK or Ninja Video Taken down and URL's being repossessed,countless domain names wiped out, The united States owning the information highway, and as many of you think the MSM as well, why was this information released? Why is Wikileaks still up and running, Why has it not been shut down? Is there something to be said about how easily we can over turn things with a few critical documents and get away with it, when normally any court (especially Military) would find us guilty of treason & terrorism! I am learning that if one day I run into a similar position I MUST at all costs internationalize myself while releasing sensitive information so therefor I could still profit from the sales of the documents and not be charged in a court of law.

WHAT IN THE HELL IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN?

Here is a thought...The whole Wikileaks company was set up from the get go, fully well knowing that one day ( a few days ago-planned years ago in advance) Wikileaks would be responsible for the release of sensitive information to the public, starting out with small leaks on videos, fully well knowing that over time the plan has to start small and escalate to the final much grander plan. The pinnacle of the companies mark on humanity would be to release Government documents (cables) that would eventually lead to an all out new world war? Which is what would be needed to finally instill the public belief of a NEW WORLD GOVERNMENT. Could WIkileaks and all those involved actually be the brain child of the TPTB, and just like all of the presidents of the united states, Assange is just their puppet?
Or does Assange have MORE DOCUMENTS (documents on BIG PHARMA, INSURANCE, BANKING, ALIENS) that the United States Government has now been given proof of? Proof (if you thought that this last batch was good, you havent seen a thing yet) that even more "highly classified-Majestic" documents are Assanges go to plan in case he is set up, killed off or sent to mars to live with all the kidnapped children..

I think he is just a boy, trying to play with the big guys. Which he has no idea about. Hacking is easy when you have no life.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by ZELDAR

Don't pretend to know anything about ethics if you cannot grasp the unethical and illegal distribution of classified documents.

It doesn't matter if they're classified or not if the action described in the documents is deplorable.

To give you an extreme example:

If someone had stolen all of Bin Ladens private mail of the last 10 years, you wouldn't call that unethical, would you? Of course his actions are a lot worse than most things in the WL documents...but they're mostly bad.

So yeah, ethically I think this is justified given the content of the documents. You're free to disagree, it's a free country

link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

what you are saying leaves me shocked
you assume that spying is legal so the bluffer has to be guilty of publishing what he considers unnacceptable
you assume that every word in that text is true
so you must be an insider reacting to assange´s public documents
you must be very upset because you, americans, appear like dumbfools in worlds intelligence departments for such light information, everyone who reads newspapers arrives to the same conclusion beeing published
you assume at the top of the world , because the ee.uu is the only country who has rights over the other ones and know the best medicine for the other countries problems, but you can´t even solve your own problems.

What the f**k are you talking about? are you beeing serious?
Vietnam scam wars, 9-11, even may be North Korea attack against S.Korea, do you think everyone will bite your Bulls Hit?

We are not naive, start cleaning your dishes before China does

link   

Originally posted by budaruskie

I fundamentally disagree with every single point you just made in that rant.

I've never seen that many stars! A 1-sentance statement.

But how many of those stars are American???

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join