It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bunny-crushing videos stir Chinese online anger

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

You should clarify your position. Leaving ambiguity leads to this...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Wtf are you talking about? Did my post come off in any way as if I was condoning this? Not even a little bit.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Did I say that? If I did, I apologise. I merely asked "You should clarify your position" ...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I think these people who enjoy torturing animals should be crushed themselves... slowly. And we'll record it and put the videos on the internet as a warning to the other sick 'people' (I use the term loosely) out there that get off on this crap.

There's my position.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Let's just understand 1 thing - this post is NOT about You and I!!. This post is about cruelty to nature! Either You Agree, or You Disagree! Enough said!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I used to feed the bunnies carrots at the Bunny Park in Benoni

www.johannesburg-direct.com...

I was only a 5 yr old kid... Maybe now I can put this in perspective!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Yes, you read the title of this thread right.....This must be the most disgusting thing I've heard of in a long time

In the widely circulated videos, several smiling women are seen in turn cuddling and playing with small bunnies just before crushing them as other giggling girls look on.

In one scene, a young woman places a bunny on a table before covering it with a plate of glass and sitting on it for about a minute. She then lifts the glass up to reveal the lifeless bunny, blood oozing from its snout.

What is happening in this world? How can some sectors of society become so demented in their ways?

sa·dism   /ˈseɪdɪzəm, ˈsædɪz-/ Show Spelled
[sey-diz-uhm, sad-iz-] Show IPA

–noun
1. Psychiatry . sexual gratification gained through causing pain or degradation to others. Compare masochism.
2. any enjoyment in being cruel.
3. extreme cruelty.

This is nothing new. These 'demented sectors of society' have always existed. Very, very, wrong. Very sick. But there is always a percentage of the population that gets off on this. Most people are not only baffled when presented with it, but recoil in horror and express anger at those committing these acts.

Now, with the internet such things are more widely available and presented to the general populace when they may have hidden in dark basements before.

People are outraged. Good. Humanity is not lost. We are not becoming more adrift in a sea of desensitized perversion, we just get to see more of the people that have always been that way.

I'm okay (My stomach turned at the description. I'm not going to watch it.) You're okay. (You posted it, and brought attention to it.) The idiots who thought this nastiness up...? P'rolly not okay.

So rail and rage. I'm happy to watch, and I am reassured that people are mostly decent. However, recognize... The behavior is not new. The venue to present it to so many people is.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
To the people saying that all of China isn't like that...WRONG. I recently came back from a 3 week trip to China and I promise you they have no respect for animals whatsoever. They're all like it because as kids they learnt that animals are simply to eat or use in some other way. I witnessed a small toddler throwing a cat around and stamping on it - his elders just stood around and laughed. They probably ate the cat later.

Yes, in the "West" we can do some cruel things also. But as a whole, as a group of people, we treat our animals well and show them respect. You CAN'T say the same about China, trust me.

Trust you?
I lived in China for a few years, and i never saw that sort of stuff. In fact, many chinese have pets where i was (beijing) My wifes brother has a husky. My wife have never eaten dog, and never will before she has always had a dog as a pet while in China. Im not saying that horrible stuff does not happen in China with animals, but you are going over the top, like most people.

There are people in China you know that care for animals, and there are plenty of organisations that save animals from this sort of stuff. It just annoys me that some small minded people see someone do something bad to an animal, so that means the whole country hates them!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Why is anybody shocked here? A few years ago in a China thread someone posted a time sequenced picture that showed a baby girl lying dead in the gutter of a Chinese city. It took over an hour before any of the 1000's of pedestrians walking by stopped to see if the baby was even alive :shk:

And NO the Chinese dont have a monopoly on this sort of thing.......

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Thank You for an insightful post, much appreciated! I love bunny's, always have. I will never understand and condone such despicable behavior!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
We can do something about it, but the problem is the PC crowd tries to stop us. We see the same mentality with certain populations living in oppression. " its complicated " or " Its not really like that" Or when video evidence is released " its an isolated incident "

Same BS from the same "type" of person who doesn't want us to say or do anything definitive ever, because they know if that happens. We might start actually acting on bigger global issues.

By showing outrage at all Chinese people, and make it clear this is unacceptable behavior. Those NOT involved come down even harder on those involved. It is the positive side to peer pressure.

Sure it may seem unfair to slam an entire country, but putting aside a few hurt feelings, its the only way to create change.

My God! If this was some fetish site in America or UK, would you be saying the same stuff about the country.No, i don't think so

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Absolutely! Nuking a billion people because of what a few did is a perfectly rational reaction!

Never mind the fact that Chinese people are enraged and working to identify these women.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

It's just so much easier to see the world in a us vs. them way. Pretty sad.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Her name is Huang Xiaoxiao

www.chinasmack.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Why is anybody shocked here? A few years ago in a China thread someone posted a time sequenced picture that showed a baby girl lying dead in the gutter of a Chinese city. It took over an hour before any of the 1000's of pedestrians walking by stopped to see if the baby was even alive :shk:

And NO the Chinese dont have a monopoly on this sort of thing.......

Of course its shocking! Its just a shame it came out of China because anything bad that comes out of China lately, the whole nation gets labeled with it.

America has killed hundreds of innocent people in their illeagal wars. Does that mean every American is an evil killer?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I am shocked Fred! See the link I provided. People want to bastardize SA in so many ways, but we had and always will have a bunny park in "Noni" as we affectionately call Benoni.

Hell, the KNP in SA is bigger than Wales! Maybe now you will realise how much I love animals, and respect them!

I'm an animal lover!

I'm just sick of all this crap....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I'm not even going to take a look!

It's perverse and demented! If it's for food, justified. If not, all you'll do is piss me off!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I watched the video until I saw that the raccoon was still
alive.It had just been thrown into the truck and I couldn't
watch anymore.
My husband and I feed the raccoons on our property.I love
to watch them from the window.
I wonder how much longer before they do the same thing
to people?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I will not watch any videos of animals dying!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Always funny to see people going crazy over "harm" done to some stupid useless animals

You know, instead of spending your time, writing in a forum about...my god a stupid bunny nobody cares about, you all should invest this time to help humans, they suffer and that's the bad thing happening on this planet, not what's happen to some useless animals and after all, rabbits are pretty useless except to serve as food and toy for play.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join