It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Wikileaks set to release documents 7x the size of War Logs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A Maylasian hacker has been in the Cleveland Fed and the defense department's computers.

And now there's a lot of leaked material, I wonder if there is a connection.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
While I sincerely hope and pray that it is something substantial that will in fact change the past and the future of the world we live in, I'll reserve judgment for the release. It seems like it will just be another confirmation of what we already know, which is absolutely appreciated and necessary, but not world changing. I like WikiLeaks, but it seems like they want to sensationalize like others, in order to raise funds. I hope it's something huge though, i really do.
edit on 22-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I just looked it up... It's nothing special, they just said it's more War Logs, just 7x more than the first release.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I said it before and I'll say it again...

To say “The coming months will see a new world, where global history is redefined.” is so powerful, that one must question what this news could be that the above quote is so firm and solidly spoken that the author of that comment means what he/she says and has proof of it. I don't think more information about the ongoing war will provide a "new world" and redefine global history.

Sure I may be reading into it a bit much, but honestly I am only repeating what was stated.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am thinking the news will be more along the lines of shady financial dealings, bribes and kickbacks to officials and other nations. Including destabilization governments to go in and steal their resources. (Iraq / Afghanistan) Perhaps even proof of a new order of 21st century empire building and the agenda being set.

Possibly along the lines of government contractors or something...

The alien disclosure doesn't really fit with what I think this guy has got his hands on but it would be awesome if it were.
edit on 22-11-2010 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.csmonitor.com...

your forgetting about wikileaks russian release..... WikiLeaks ready to drop a bombshell on Russia

Im thinking that is on the lines it will be.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm starting to wonder why Julian Assange feels the need to pre-announce the leaks. I think it's kind of stupid because it creates all kinds of expectations in the public eye that the information simply can't live up to.

I think it would be far more effective if he just leaked it. There would be more a surprise factor, and let the world decide what about the information is important.

The only reason he seems to do this is to ask for donations. Poor taste, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
im more of a reader than a poster on here, although i have shared my opinions a few times on here. Im on the fence about wikileaks, i can see what they are trying to do, trying to open peoples eyes and to try and put the world 'straight' by spilling the gone off beans about our governments. However im not sure how much wikileaks are succeeding at getting across to the public. If i were to go out in my town and question 100 people about wikileaks im sure 90% of them will answer with 'Wiki-who?'

Now i understand how much hard work and effort goes to realeasing files, i didnt get to see the last realease of infomation as when i went to look for it i had to download it all, which, reguarding the infomation being leaked i just did not trust to download anything, who knows who watching you .. even wikileaks themselves might be monitoring the people who view their infomation.

Personally i think that wikileaks are making slow progress at what they trying to achieve. When the infomation gets realeased there is brief chatter over a week or so and then the stories go quiet. For example the videos they had shown of an Apache (im guessing) blowing the hell out of civilians in iraq, you never hear about any punishments given to the pilots or the air force commanders at the time. If there is any at all. It all just seems to get brushed under the carpet and nothing ever emerges from it.

I could be completely wrong, as i said im more of a lurker and im not entirely up to date with politics and governments etc. So sorry if this reply sounds like complete camal poo

link   

Originally posted by Soshh

It's not going to be anything about UFOs.

Yes, what's up with that?

I think It's rather funny that when Wikileaks annonces a new release of documents, some people immediately start to speculate about a disclosure of UFO's and ET's lol!

Don't get me wrong guys, like most people here, I'm also interested about information regarding UFO activities and the "possible" existence of "something" out there.

But I don't think such information will come "right now" from wikileaks since I believe that ("for the moment") they're probably more focused on the batches of leaked information regarding the 2 recent wars which the US & British military and their State Departments were deeply involved with. And I think they're primarily trying to find out about certain wrongdoings behind and during these 2 wars.

So this coming release is probably just related to the War Logs and not to any disclosure about UFO's and Et's

But who knows, maybe the mysterious Assange will reveal his true reptilian extraterrestrial identity this time!

That would certainly blow my mind!

link   
reply to post by wisintel

I think that is a sound contemplation. We definitely need something to change since we cant seem to

Foreigners would probably receive it better than the US.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
I am thinking the news will be more along the lines of shady financial dealings, bribes and kickbacks to officials and other nations. Including destabilization governments to go in and steal their resources. (Iraq / Afghanistan) Perhaps even proof of a new order of 21st century empire building and the agenda being set.

Possibly along the lines of government contractors or something...

The alien disclosure doesn't really fit with what I think this guy has got his hands on but it would be awesome if it were.
edit on 22-11-2010 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

This is another possibility too wonderboy. A good one too. I tend to get my hopes up (we all do) about the next Wikileaks release, wondering if there will be something about UFOs and so on. But if we look at the current financial state of our world, this new leak may detail that. On the other side of the coin though, we already know about all the problems, kickbacks, insider trading and what have you. So honestly, a Wikileak release dealing with that wouldn't be so earth shattering as their next release claims.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Julian Assange, he is a smart looking man but trustworthy like a Terrorist. The most important thing for Julian Assange is Julian Assange. And he don't care if your life is in danger.

He sells information like Fresh Fish. So he will predict all the time the great "disclosure".
But depends my dears, for "some" men is the female menstruation "a new world, where global history is redefined". So what will happen? A prediction!

Its advertising..

edit on 22-11-2010 by SwissGurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I hate when duplicate threads start because I miss out on the conversation.

This thread already exists guys and it was posted on 22/11/2010 @ 09:49.

Thread here

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Personally i think he has nothing really of any substance.

Like i said earlier, america has a tactic of hiding things in public view, but the arrogance of peopel keeps it secret.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Good possibility...think it could be that than some kind of foreign spy espionage issue. There are a whole bunch of others out there that can do the same and even more..

I believe they are smarter and better than your typical cyber espionage spies. Spies do it for selfish reasons to protect their possessions and to harm the perceived enemy. These hackers and whistleblowers do it to expose truth and to set free from enslaving lies that are a detriment to the entire world. (who do you think is going to win over the long haul?)

Over the last 5 years and more so recently the Defense Department has gotten serious about cyber wars and running hardcore drills. I cant imagine why.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
After reading this thread I was a bit baffled to say the least.

Wikileaks is not just Julian Assange, it consists of over 800 people all over the world. Anyone could have made that tweet. I would assume it was someone else other than Julian as he is quite busy at the moment and the lads back at HQ would be on the ball with the documents.

Concerning the "Who is Wikileaks" versus "They've been around a long time and now BHAM they're famous - why". Well, my answer to that is, it takes time to verify, analyze and reformat tens of thousands of documents.

I trust Julian, why? Because I followed the CCC (Chaos Computer Club) news, events and magazine for a long time, I followed a lot of hacking news and personally what Julian is doing I think is fantastic. There were a few hackers in Australia back in the 80s that were quite famous, there are even documentaries about them.

Julian's life makes sense to me, I can understand how he became what he is and how he got on that path. When your young and interested in hacking, a lot can happen; especially if you move house over 32 times.

What will be leaked I am assuming will be about China, and how big they are and what they have been doing. I do not think Wikileaks would released Alien related material, since they try and sway themselves from the 9/11 conspiracy. That in itself shows you that they know most people think 9/11 was done by Al Qaeda, and will not say otherwise as they need their PR and they need people to take them seriously. Imagine the number of people who would not take Wikileaks seriously if they stated 9/11 was an inside job; yeah sure we would love it but there are more sheeple in the world than those that have awakened.

Julian is a good man, hes on the run at the moment because he know that this smear campaign is working, he has been framed and he knows he can't do anything about it. Sweden is the only place where Julian feels safe due to the laws of journalism there and now he can never get permanent lawful residency due to this smear campaign. He will probably stay anonymous and be M.I.A. until the evidence is brought forward to prove his innocence.

Wikileaks need donations because they can work and provide an income because they spend 24/7 going through all those documents, risking their lives, while we all sit at home on ATS thinking we are saving the world with text; while they are in the field risking their lives every single day. Even in the future they can't get a proper career because they will be assassinated. They need to stay anonymous, but they also need a public face; and that is what Julian is for them as well as a senior editor.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
love or hate wikileaks

But the US citizens and the world need to know the truth regarding the current wars.

I applaud wikileaks.

The only thing i would be worried about the release is the way the MSM will try and deflect from the documents to assange's personal life. (Like last time.) You know... attacking the messenger instead of the message.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissGurl
Julian Assange, he is a smart looking man but trustworthy like a Terrorist. The most important thing for Julian Assange is Julian Assange. And he don't care if your life is in danger.

He sells information like Fresh Fish. So he will predict all the time the great "disclosure".
But depends my dears, for "some" men is the female menstruation "a new world, where global history is redefined". So what will happen? A prediction!

Its advertising..

edit on 22-11-2010 by SwissGurl because: (no reason given)

No this is a battle of infomation. Information defines whom we think we are and how we act. Information is not kept in written from anymore.. It is stored on the internet. This is a collective mind. The people that choose if info is available on the the internet. Control the past. It is very important so even realising info on the iraq war and putting it in the public domain is rewritting history. It is not an advetisment.. It is the truth... Wake up

kx

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
meh, last time was a lot of hype with little reward.

Exactly. It's the same stuff x 7 times. We now all know about the crimes committed in Iraq. No need to repeat this, come up with something really big instead.

Its amazing to me that, as a society and as human beings, we no longer think the illegal murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent people (on both sides) is considered "big".

Pretty sad statement if you ask me.
edit on 22-11-2010 by mecheng because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Konstantine

More of the same is my prediction - war, war, war and anything to do with war.

No aliens/ufo disclosure....

I will eat my left hand if I'm wrong - which I will stream live on pay per view.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join