It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: To Release 7x the size of the Iraq War Logs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
WikiLeaks Message

An updated tweet from WikiLeaks earlier.

Next release is 7x the size of the Iraq War Logs. intense pressure over it for months. Keep us strong: is.gd...

They just keep coming and coming. With 7x the amount said to be released, there's bound to be some more shocking information.

Time to play the waiting game once more.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
That link you gave links to the donation page of WikiLeaks, the information you stated is not there.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the two links in your post. Reading it now mate.

edit on 22/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

EDIT2: Happy days, looks like the team are still rolling through the documents even with Julian being distracted by the smear campaign. Could this be the insurance file that they encrypted with AES256?
edit on 22/11/2010 by the_denv because: Update

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Nothing has really changed since the first release..
Do you think this one will be different or more of the same??

Very dissapointing so far..No big smoking guns as most expected..
Everyone in the WH is still enjoying their paychecks and fringe benifits..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
This might be in retaliation to force the US to tell the Swiss to drop the rape charges. Perhaps the US is behind the rape charges, who knows. I'm all for the release of info as it exposes the corruption.

Swiss Prosecutor reopens Investigation

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I am not for the release of Wikileaks information, although I do understand to a great extent why people would be and where pro-Wikileakes people are coming from. Personally, I am unable to detach from the issue because of my own background and experiences. From my perspective, the first thing I see is the incredible potential danger this puts Americans in, especially Americans abroad in sensitive parts of the world, whether invovled with business, military, or the public sector. I recognize the limits of my own perspective but at the same time I also know it is part of who I am and I can't abandon it.

What would really be great is if there would be a way to leak certain types of information that would punish the most egregious and evil while preserving the innocent. Of course, this is impossible -- such lines are never clean, the results will have powerful and unpredictable knock-on effects, and everyone has a different idea of exactly who and what is evil and who and what is innocent.
edit on 11/22/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I understand your desire to not open anyone up to potential harm, but please stop and think, if americans or anyone is in danger, it was not wikileaks that caused that. The guilty are as guilty now as they are after any wikileaks, thats where the buck stops.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
After I read this I phoned my local radio station about the news, they seemed very interested since it was only 9 minutes old at the time (from Wikileaks mouth).

It's been two news broadcasts since I told them now, they have not mentioned it at all. They would prefer to talk about a band called Westlife for gods sake.

It makes me mad when the news reports on nonsense and disregards the biggest leak on planet Earth.

edit on 22/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thanks.

Its barely getting out to the new's im noticing. We'll be reading more about it soon.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Most likely the Russian files.... You know what Assange is on the run like a vagabond.
He has not been cleared of all the charges on HIS rape accusations.
I do not believe half of what he releases this man is vile and loves to pick on weak people.
He thinks he is smart but he is not if theseare the russian documents i'm going to through this out there its not going to end up good for Assange... I wonder if he has any actual GOOD things to release Or is this just another bull crap media propaganda to make him more money and to get his name on tv a little more maybe he is thinking these new*files* will make everyone forget how he is a criminal himself but don't forget I wouldn't leave my young daughter with Assange no more then I WOULD WITH A TSA OFFICER.

Don't be surprised if the insuance file never gets released EVER and his WHOLE RECON5 was a big gig to get big numbers to wikileaks. It got me more interested in it. History repeats itself. I guesse one way or the other at some point we give into the system. Just don't give them your soul folks. Don't trust EVERY word Assange feeds you, don't trust EVERY word the government gives you, and DON'T put all your faith in a bag of "secret" documents.

He has not been cleared of all the charges on HIS rape accusations and that will haunt him if Iwas him i would count my eggs and move on. He probally is doing this to see if he can make a deal to get his charges dropped in say for a NEW SET of "insurance" this guys a schmuck.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm thinking some information on spying by the US will be leaked.
But I would like to see some leaked info on these FEMA Camps, New World Order, just to clear up some questions, and confirm them atleast.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If anything it's probably the Russian and Chinese information that was rumored to be coming. I doubt there will be anything shocking. The Iraq and Afghan were hardly earth shattering.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
could be about whats being going on with nukes.

US press are drip feeding info about nukes going missing, codes being lost, nukes being tampered with, people in control of them being drunk. i think wiki even have some codes for them which Assange mentioned in an interview. Maybe they are mostly duds.

The other issue they might be trying to be tackle is the co-operation between countries supposedly at war with each other. Maybe they are working together all the time just to put on a show and make money. This would fit with redefining global history. Its all been fake.

If it was anything massive i think it would have to come out very quick otherwise wiki would be brought down. I am sure if it was something earth shattering wikileaks would dissapear in the blink of an eye.

Expecting some boring old history files.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A while ago didn't they say they were going to release Russian and Chinese docs? maybe it has something to do with the cold war?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There are two threads on, can we consolidate them? I don't know if the mods merge on this site, I'm still fresh.
edit on 22-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MGriff

I created this thread a before the it got to the news, and before the other thread was created.

Even though, seeing how that one has more replies, this one would be closed.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Did the key to the insurance file get published?
Is that what you are referring to AS 235?sic
is that the key?
WTF? did i miss something?i have that file on my HD just waiting...
Think the comming dump may contain NK stuff too maybe?Id sure like to know what they are gaming about that problem...The intrigue must be fierce...(.with every agency worldwide ,the US gov can strongarm or bribe, trying to find something to bust you for...).
Col Wendel Stevens was another who got tarred with that brush....he had some pretty shattering ufo info he was trying to get out...(Billy Mier case)
Then again the "honey trap" is the oldest intelligence scam in the books.Assange must be acutely aware of that.
Frankly i thought the gov boys a tad more sophisticated and able.....
edit on 22-11-2010 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am wondering if the release might be the diplomatic cables that they are rumored to have received from Bradley Manning.

I tend to believe that the hyperbole surrounding this next release might just be a ploy for money, so Assange can continue his jet setting, celebrity lifestyle. But hey...perhaps there is something truly world-changing coming up.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

the mods are supposed to leave open the one set up first.

the mods don't seem to be bothered doing anything on this site any longer.

Its all about the numbers. big traffic = big revenue. anything goes these days. rules and regulations are in the bin.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Actually, yeah you are right - you did create this one first.

In any event - yours is the one on the "recent posts" section now so its the one I'm commenting in.

As others have said, he has mentioned China and Russia in the past and I'm sure they have plenty of skeletons they'd like to keep under wraps.

Having the US Govt. mad at him is bad enough, I'm honestly surprised nothing has happened to him yet. Say what you will about the US - but China and Russia play even harder ball than the US.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Its just easier to discredit a source / whistleblower than to kill him and give his words more weight in the process.

And how come people think Wikileaks = Julian Assange ??? Just go to __._ and check THEM out...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join