It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all - New member here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
First of all may I just say what an amazing community you guys have here - It really HAS got a multitude of great minds and great threads (once you wade through all the crap).

Secondly, I'm a new-comer and hope I can enlighten minds here with some of my thoughts too.

One of the reasons for accidentally navigating to this site was because of the sheer annoyance at the amount of wool being pulled over everyones eyes in the media. It's disgusting. The main problem being the media trying (and succeeding) to exploit the lower intelligence of the species. (I'm only going to throw out a short rant here - I'll save the long posts for whenever I can post in the relevant sections, however, this rant is applicable to why I'm here - so I'll continue.)

Ok, here's the rant.

Tobacco companies. - It's illegal to advertise smokes now and has been for quite some time. Unfortunate for them. It's a fact that more and more people quit smoking every year in Europe, the UK, the US and practically every well off country. Smoking cases continues to grow in places like India, China, Vietnam etc because of lack of education about the consequences of smoking and advertising is also still allowed in many of these countries.

If I have a product that is selling like hotcakes one minute then suddenly everyone starts getting educated about how bad my product is for them.. widespread boycotting happens. "Oh #." I begin to think to myself. This is happening to the tobacco companies here in the UK, the US, Europe and before long, the rest of the world. - So soon eventually no one will buy my product. I'll stop getting my money.

So how do I covertly advertise my product under the radar then? How can I advertise CIGARETTES?

Well that's easy. - I target an audience that is susceptible - an audience easily persuaded by their peers. An audience that, generally speaking, don't tend to "think" too much about anything.. Let's see, an audience say that reads TABLOID newspapers!

All I have to do is get some photographers to get some snaps of trendy, cool people, smoking cigarettes and using my product. Now, we all know that it's the big rich men in their big companies that control the media - many of these men have their fingers in a lot of pies. So it makes sense that the likes of Rupert Murdoch and his pals have friends running many of these companies.

So then I (speaking as the cigarette company owner) tell my friend who's in the media my problem of going bust - Then he tells me, "It's OK, friend, I'll push a pro smoking agenda for you..I'll publish as many photos of the popular people of the minute smoking as I can. - And it'll be in a good light too." And I give him a nice big brown envelope of money. There's my advertising.

Then the kids and idiots think "Oh look, there's (insert pop star) having a cigarette - Sure, it can't be that bad, look how beautiful they are and a great voice too - they look so cool."

I've noticed this. I've noticed trash papers pushing this agenda, and it's there when you open your eyes and see what they're doing.

And it's not the only agenda that they push. - But that's another story altogether.

This has been very quickly typed up and I don't quite think I've done the issue justice.. but there you go.

Thanks for reading.

edit on 11-11-2010 by anonymousanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sounds like that red pill is kicking in!
Welcome aboard anonymousanonymous, make yourself at home and the ATS search function is your friend here.
Cya on the boards and happy truthpursuit!

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousanonymous

Welcome aboard!

May your stay here be as enlightening as it is entertaining.

Reading your post it appears you are one of the lucky( or unlucky) ones who have woken up to the charade around us. I think you might enjoy these two links, that attempt to relate the common experience all of us seem to go through at one point or another in our awaking process :

Mr Masks adventures in conspiracy ATS comic book Issue # 1:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is issue # 2 in video form with audio :

Respectfully,

~meathead

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic

Welcome aboard!

May your stay here be as enlightening as it is entertaining.

Reading your post it appears you are one of the lucky( or unlucky) ones who have woken up to the charade around us. I think you might enjoy these two links, that attempt to relate the common experience all of us seem to go through at one point or another in our awaking process :

Mr Masks adventures in conspiracy ATS comic book Issue # 1:

Here is issue # 2 in video form with audio :

Respectfully,

~meathead

Wow. Thank-you for that reply. That comic is exactly how I have been feeling over the past year or so - everything - and I mean everything all parts of daily life just aren't quite right. I can almost certainly pick fault at things normal "Sheeple" don't realise. And you know what? I'm not sure who first said ignorance was bliss, but sometimes I think it is.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Sounds like that red pill is kicking in!
Welcome aboard anonymousanonymous, make yourself at home and the ATS search function is your friend here.
Cya on the boards and happy truthpursuit!

Peace,
spec

And thanks - that pill has definitely kicked in.

!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am glad you enjoyed them, Now you can join me in pestering him for issue # 3

Edited to add,

I also dont know how deep you are ready to get, but I found this thread Extremely well put together and thought provoking I know it may look intimidating in size but believe me, If anything the OP deserves credit for his dedication:

All Roads Lead to Rome :

Enjoy!

~meathead

edit on 11-11-2010 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2010 by Mike Stivic because: syntax

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Just read that thread. Very interesting read. Dear oh dear. This is quite a state the world is in. - And look how beautiful the plan is when you think about it from their point of view! - The masses are being completely dumbed down, not realising their manipulated lives! - Incredible! - I'm actually quite impressed by TPTB. Good job guys.

Anyway, star for you for pointing it out, thanks.

It appears I can't give stars out on my own thread? Noob mistake - apologies!

edit on 13-11-2010 by anonymousanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Please remove my avatar from your avatar you imposter! Your wrecking my reputation! Im getting U2U'd about all your whacky posts and people think its me STOP IT!!

top topics

join