It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web like substance falling from sky w/photos.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Webs fall and drift through the sky constantly. I've seen this countless times since I was a kid. Here we have another chicken little epidemic going on. People are freaking out over webs, the planets, and sun dogs. There's absolutely no reason for the lack of common sense we are seeing today.

What was common knowledge regarding the world around me as a kid, is now the source of mass confusion. How have we regressed so much when information is so widely available today? I would truly love to know.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have seen this before as well. It seems that it may be a second type of material being sprayed out of chem-trailing aircraft. I know everybody and their mothers likes to fuss over whether it is a real phenomenon but I will say I have seen planes criss crossing leaving clouds that disperse into cloud cover just like chemtrailers say. I have also seen air quality reports showing heavy mmetals and other pollutants thousands to millions of times higher than the background level from samples taken during supposed chem-trailing.

Along with this, I have also heard repeatedly of a second substance that they spray sometimes that leaves a layer of spider web like stuff all over the ground. I've also heard that this stuff is some kind of bilogical material soup and that it may be responsible for people getting infections!

I'd steer clear of it if I was you. And as for the chem-trail debate. I'm not here to argue whether you believe it or not. I don't care if you do or don't. Just offering an idea.

I'll go ahead and steer clear myself.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpAndC
Just a thought... When baby spiders hatch they will spin a web and let the wind take them. Now the wind can take them way up in there air and take them miles away.

That's what I thought when I saw them. We get it all the time around here (Scotland) and it's really unsettling to get one of these in the face when you're walking along. Bloody spiders.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
OMG...IT'S...
House Dust!

edit on 11-11-2010 by cushycrux because: Added Video

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by snusfanatic

jesus, will a mod please delete that long string of duplicates. don't know what happened but its embarassing.

Whoops... that was funny

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Also, two words... "manual focus".

Ok, you have read none of my posts if you didn't get the fact that I don't have a manual focus camera that has a lens! I really would have preferred to use it if it had a lens.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Divine, I don't recall freaking out over this. I came simply with photos and questions, not hysteria. Like I said, I almost didn't post this because nearly every topic on ATS elicits vehement reactions from all angles. I've almost never run into a thread where cool heads and common sense rule and courtesy is the name of the game.

Everyone: short of having you here to see for yourselves what the camera isn't able to convey, I can't stress enough that these things were REALLY high, like several hundred feet in the air. From what I'm understanding reading the links you all are offering spiderlings balloon at or just above tree top level. These web strands were at least five times higher than the old oaks and in order to reflect light would have to have been much thicker than a typical single filament web strand. They were approximately 20' long, some longer. I just don't see how a new hatched spider would have been able to make a strand as large as what we photographed. Now, that's not to say it couldn't have been webs from adult spiders floating in the air.

I can't tell you for certain it was or was not spiders because none of it made it to the ground.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I've located a video that someone else took that shows what I mean by just how high these threads were. Mine were not the huge blobs like this but at 2:36 you can see the filament that connects the two blobs. That is what we saw, many many long filaments.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
suggestion, grab some, put them in a small bottle and head for your nearest uni. Ask them what they are. I would also ask for a test to see how much Barium if any is present in your samples. If you do this please keep us updated with the results.

respects

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
As odd as it seems Spiders can actually fly along on their webs, it's called ballooning

This looks exactly like your images to me

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I will reiterate...... not one spider was seen nor did any of these webs make it to the ground. Your video shows spiders actually landing. My webs did not hit the ground and there were no spiders to be seen. Your video shows these things falling rapidly. Mine did not fall that fast nor did they come down to ground level, roof level or tree level. They didn't fall anywhere that I could have gotten a close up of them.

I'm a reasonably intelligent adult
. If spiders had been falling from the sky and landing on the ground I would have known what to google and would not have posted the photos nor the questions here. If this were a yearly occurrence I would have seen it before and also not posted this here. Actually, had I seen just one spider I would not have been outside taking photos!

If one web had actually touched down I would have collected it and thrown it under the microscope, taken macro shots and posted those as well. All I can say is what I've said before - these were really high, really long monofilament looking web like strands that did not land and did not appear to have spiders attached to them.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

They only drop if the air current stops carrying them at that particular time, plus it's usually baby spiders that do this, you really wouldn't be able to see them unless you were very very close.

As for being really high.. Did you not see the guy catching them in a Hot Air Balloon, how much higher do you want?
edit on 11-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

are you sure you've heard of this? you don't sound too certain.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

With all due respect... did you "see" the web he was catching whilst in the balloon? No. I could see these with the naked eye about 500' in the air from the ground. My eyesight is not what it used to be either. They had to use a macro shot to capture the one they had on the stick just to see the web it spun. I didn't need macro shot, binoculars or any other enhancement devices. I could see these with the naked eye hundreds of feet in the air.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What exactly are you saying is the qualitative difference between the video of spider floating, and your images

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce8a2b3971b1.jpg[/atsimg]

The only difference is none of them landed when you happened to see them.
How can you possibly tell if something is hundreds of feet in the air if you don't know what it is or what size it is?

Obviously I can't tell you 100% what it is because I wasn't there, but if someone sees something that looks like a Spiders web floating in the sky and it's also a well know fact that Spiders webs do in fact float in the sky then I would say theres a pretty good chance that what you saw was a Spiders web floating in the sky.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I hate to be a broken record folks, but this stuff is coming from jet contrails. Especially this week apparently. I've been skywatching every day since I directly witnessed the first fall of threads. We have had more thread falls everyday since, just not as thick as the one from the low flying jet. EVERY thread fall I coming down from passing jets contrails. I can't be any clearer. And without expensive camera equipment, I can't prove anything to you guys. Geez, what happened to the days when ats actually listened to reason?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
One more thing. I just googled "threads falling from jet contrails" and got more than enough evidence to back up my claims. Even from the Air Force. I'd post links but I'm on mobile so I can't. Go google it yourselves. Its from the planes. Case closed.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'll try one last time and then I'm done with this topic.............

This is a link to an album of just a few of the thousands and thousands of photographs I've taken of things in the sky. I think it speaks for why I feel so confident that I know how high in the sky these filaments were. If this were spiders then I fail to see why after years and years of photographing flying things I've NEVER seen them before since I've lived in this same spot for 23 years. I've never seen floating/falling spiders. If after viewing this album you still feel that I've not got a firm grasp of the height and therefore size of these web like filaments, I'm sorry you feel that way but you are entitled to your opinion. What my husband and I saw yesterday and captured on camera was not normal to this area. The mountain you see in that album is over 1/2 mile away. I can see turkey buzzards flying above it with the naked eye. I absolutely feel qualified to say that these web strands were over 500' in the air, and bigger than a spider should have been able to produce. I should not have been able to see a single strand of spider web from 500' away with the naked eye.

Sky Shots, Spiders and the Mountain

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I was out in our field about two weeks ago just after midnight and experienced something strange. I was walking in an area where the treeline was at least 150 yards from me. It felt like cobwebs fell on my head. I brushed it aside and later before bed I noticed something odd. I ran my hands through my hair and my hair sounded crunchy. It was almost like the cobweb substance was like a dried hair gel or something in your hair. Ive seen this crap on occasion but that was the first time it landed on me and I can say for one that its a very strange substance unlike any kind of cobweb Ive seen over the years on our farmland.
edit on 11-11-2010 by helix1776dragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

What exactly are you trying for? I've been trying for 4 pages to tell you folks that its coming from the jets. I saw this and know for a 100 percent fact where the threads are coming from. I've even looked it up on google and found air force documentation of this. Your mystery is solved. Its not spiders. Its your government. Why am I being ignored in this thread, as I am your only direct witness?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join