It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to move to Canada?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Canada won't help too much. The G-20 in Toronto was handled with brutality and force.

"Toronto (3 November 2010) - The Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA) and the 340,000-member National Union of Public and General Employees (NUPGE) will hold public hearings next week into the unlawful police activities during the G20 Summit and the resulting violations of Canadians' basic human rights and civil liberites. The hearings will take place November 10 & 11 at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto, and November 12 at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth hotel in Montreal.

The primary objectives of the hearings will be to increase public awareness over the serious violation of constitutional rights of Canadians during the G20 Summit and hold all levels of government accountable."

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

We'll have to wait and see what the tea parties or the tea party supported candidates have become. It's still too early to know if the candidates who won will toe the line or do what they were elected to do. If they toe the line, they'll be voted right back out. It's a bit ridiculous to freak out before they've even been sworn in.

Any particular reason for your lack of comment on violence perpetrated by the left?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Redwookieaz

We have a member here that posted how he wants a special group of people set up, a 4th branch of government, who aren't answerable to any other entity of government who have execution powers if a lawmaker proposes a bill that they feel goes against the US Constitution.

No good person would have a problem with that.

It will help politicians do the right thing.

Only crooks and totalitarians would ever be against such a system.

edit on 3-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Well call me a crook and a totalitarian then, cause I'd have a major problem with a new section of government being created that had no oversight and didn't have to answer to anyone.

Who will watch the watchers.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Exuberant1

Who will watch the watchers.

Yes, who will watch them?

And what will they do when they catch them attempting to engage in unconstitutional acts in violation of the rights of Americans?

Write letters? Fine them $150

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's always time to move to Canada.

I believe it's a well known fact

Please feel free to immigrate now, we need the tax base.

~Keeper
edit on 11/3/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Any particular reason for your lack of comment on violence perpetrated by the left?

Because we can go back and forth on that for days, it happens on both sides, and the right has done about a thousand more acts of violence for each stupid act that can be attributed to the left.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

All I am saying is I don't want to be in a prison indefinitely with no charges being filed, I don't want to be stomped on by goons, and I don't want to be sold into slavery by slave traders because of my income level.

Then maybe you should use some of that intelligent, free-thinking power of yours and ask your progressive overlords that had a near super-majority in the halls of power, why they extended and re-authorized every single one of things you are referring to.

While you're at it, ask the president why he has so many wall street insiders in his cabinet when he portrays himself as anti-wall street.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

ask your progressive overlords

See, that's the problem, I am a free thinker, I don't vote a straight ticket, I research each candidate I vote for and find out as much as I can about them, I don't listen to TV Pundits tell me what to think, I don't listen to the candidates themselves, I look deeper into what they have really done.

So when you say I should ask my progressive overlords, that's quite insulting to me, because I have no overlords, I think for myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

When was the last time you voted for a republican? Their name? Why did you vote for them?

From the previous page.....

Why are you opposed to a group with execution powers for any legislator that proposes a bill that is unconstitutional?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Actually it was Tuesday I voted for Rick Snyder, for Governor of Michigan.

His prior experience working for Gateway computers I believe is something that Michigan needs. I believe that he simply had a better platform than his Democratic rival Virg Bernero, who I believed would just follow the failed policies of Jennifer Grandholm.

Why are you opposed to a group with execution powers for any legislator that proposes a bill that is unconstitutional?

Um, that group itself would be unconstitutional. Shesh oh Pete!
edit on 11/4/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I found a better version.

Na na na na Hey Hey Goodbye-

edit on 4-11-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Yea yea yea, you already put in a video in this thread, good for you, you have the capacity to embed videos into threads, do you have anything of any import to say?

Besides, even if I move to Canada, that doesn't mean I won't still be on ATS!
edit on 11/4/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Did you watch it? Did you notice, I have attempted to keep the gloat fest subdued.

I just watched a GREAT skit on the BECK radio show. I am STILL laughing my......off.

Hey, they even were giving the establishment Repugs crap. Wanna hear it?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

No, to be honest I ignore anything you post like links or videos or anything like that because it's all right wing propaganda. I know you love that right wing brainwashing but I like to make up my own mind on things and not listen to what Glenn Beck or Andrew Breittbart want me to think.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Where was your fear when all of that was going on? Where was your paranoia that the radical left was going to go crazy?

That is easy. Why the hell should anyone be afraid of threats against Bush and his cronies other than Bush and his cronies. The Righty talk is not just about Obama. They do not want to stop at hanging Obama. They want civil war and to kill democrats, liberals, anyone that does not agree with them, etc. You are damn right that some of use were not all that worried about empty threats leveled at Bush. That is one of the nice things about not actually being Bush. I have never seen so many comments about violent acts against just plain ol' other American citizens en masse as I have here lately.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Well that is the typical meme for the new liberal compared to us classical liberals.

La la la la la la, I can't hear you with these fingers in my ears.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

us classical liberals

Oh your a liberal now?

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! And I'm best friends with Newt Gingrich.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You seem to support other unconstitutional programs, why wouldnt you support this one?

Considering Congress takes an oath to support and defend the Constitution, executing anyone for violating that oath would make those criminals in DC do an about face immediately.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

You seem to support other unconstitutional programs, why wouldnt you support this one?

Gee, maybe reality? I don't know, somehow I find that a group that has no oversight with execution authority may be just a little too extreme for this nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join