It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to move to Canada?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Personally, i believe in staying and fighting if necessary. If there going to storm my place or my town, rest assured they will have a fight on their hands. We stood against The Man when we created the U.S., and if we have to i would hope we still have that American blood and pride in us, enough to stand and fight not abandon ship. It would be the whole Fight or Flight deal, but i think its better to go down swinging for what you believe in.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FallingForever

Haha, who do you think is gonna 'storm your town'?

And why is that going to happen?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Exuberant1

I think no one believes you when you say you are moving to Canada. They think you are lying - perhaps you have in the past given them reason to think that might be the case?

I didn't say that I was definitely moving to Canada, I said maybe it's time for me to move to Canada.

So you aren't going to go through with it afterall.

That's cool though. No one believed you would.

*You sure have used a lot of hyperbole the past couple of days. Just check out your opening post bro.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

*You sure have used a lot of hyperbole the past couple of days. Just check out your opening post bro.

1. Don't call be bro. I am not related to you and if I were I would disown you as a relative.

2. You should know all about hyperbole, fact of the matter is, your entire time spent on ATS is nothing but hyperbole, so in that sense I will have to concede that I may have been a little overzealous in my OP, after all, you certainly do know your hyperbole.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

No need to start getting upset bro.

Do you actually believe what you wrote in your opening post?

And which parts of your opening post do you no longer believe?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Like I said, don't call me bro, we aren't related and honestly I have my suspicions that we are even of the same species. I couldn't imagine anyone having to tolerate you at thanksgiving.

I do believe that if the GOP had their way we would all live in a fascist theocracy and anyone further left than Glenn Beck would be forced into either slavery or a concentration camp.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I do believe that if the GOP had their way we would all live in a fascist theocracy and anyone further left than Glenn Beck would be forced into either slavery or a concentration camp.

Do you really believe that, or are you using hyperbole again?

Clarification by you is required here.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This being the 5th or 6th place I have seen a lot of way strange stuff about what the 'right' in the US wants to do I am really curious where these odd ideas are coming from ....
...some new disinfo agents?
..A web stire some where spouting non-sense?
A confusion between what 'right' means in Europe vs. US?

Anybody?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Calm down pal, there is no need to become insulting.

Do you think if Ron Paul was President that you would find yourself in a concentration camp or enslaved?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Canada is a great country, been there a bunch,
not much different than the U.S. and ball freeze
cold. I would try the northern U.S. first, nice and
quiet. Remember they may not want you there to
contaminate their country.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Calm down pal, there is no need to become insulting.

Oh no, I wouldn't insult you, I mean why waste my time on something you apparently wouldn't understand to begin with right?

Do you think if Ron Paul was President that you would find yourself in a concentration camp or enslaved?

Ah yes the right wing conspiracy theorist god Ron Paul.
I know I will incur the wrath of the Paul worshipers of ATS if I dare besmirch the "holy Paul's" name on this site, but seriously, the guy is a career politician just like all the other people that these "TEA Party" people claimed they wanted out of Washington.

Course to point out the hypocrisy of Ron Paul's career in politics, and their worship of him to the radical right on ATS is about as pointless as trying to engage in any meaningful discussion with you, so suffice to say, I have to lump Paul in with the rest of the fascists with an elephant as their logo.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Like I said, don't call me bro, we aren't related and honestly I have my suspicions that we are even of the same species. I couldn't imagine anyone having to tolerate you at thanksgiving.

Easy tiger. Bro is merely a term of endearment. Just like Dude! apparently is.

It's cool! If you really believe that about the GOP you are beyond all rationale. You seem to prefer the fascism of Progressives over the fascism of the GOP. Ever wonder why Obama and his supporters pulled out all of the stops in a panic rush to give the govt. sweeping authority over you and me? They sacrificed themselves in this election for a reason. Obama still has his veto power so you should still be able to sleep at night knowing he has got your back.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
The amount of people like myself is growing as we are sick of seeing the likes of the Liberal Party and the pathetic NDP destroy the core values and principals that our nation was built upon.

That would be core values like the Canada Pension Plan and the National Health Act. Why not talk your local Tory into running on a platform of repealing those items...which were introduced by the NDP in minority governments, by the way.

As much as you'd like to argue the fact...if Canada wanted a right wing government, Steve would have a majority right now. And really. if it's all that bad... south.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I am not just talking about the fools in Washington when I say GOP, I mean all these fascist little Neo-Nazis who call themselves the TEA Party.

You know, the ones that have for the last two years been threatening the rest of us with violent revolution, the ones that are so xenophobic that they protest places of worship if they aren't Christan, or burn Korans or stomp on women who hold different political ideas than they do.

You know, the people that said they wanted to "vote out all incumbents" yet when it came down to it, they just decided to vote in Republicans.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I will send love and peace your way, you seem to be in great need of it.
note, not prayers don't want to offend.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

I am not just talking about the fools in Washington when I say GOP, I mean all these fascist little Neo-Nazis who call themselves the TEA Party.

Wow! your troll ears are beginning to show through again. I never considered my 67 year old Aunt/Tea Party supporter/9/12 supporter and other average Americans to be Neo Nazi. Care to back that claim up.?

The people have spoken and the nation is now painted red because there are actually people who live in areas other than the East and West coast. Even Maine has gone Red for the first time in 50 years!!!!

new.bangordailynews.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

You must have ignored my next post whee i gave examples and links of left wing violence carried out against innocent people.

Whatukno, based on your response to my question i can only take it to mean that this thread was nothing more than an exercise in hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

edit on 11-4-2010 by chissler because: see below.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Maybe I can be a political refugee in Canada, somewhere where they still understand freedom and not fascism.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In Canadian law, a security certificate is a mechanism by which the Government of Canada can detain and deport foreign nationals and all other non-citizens living in Canada. The federal government may issue a certificate naming a permanent resident or any other non-citizen suspected of violating human rights, of having membership within organized crime, or is perceived to be a threat to national security.[1] Subjects of a certificate are inadmissible to Canada and are subject to a removal order.[2] Where the government has reasonable grounds to believe that the individual named in the certificate is a danger to national security, to the safety of any person or is unlikely to participate in any court proceedings, the individual can be detained.[3] The entire process is subject to a limited form of review by the Federal Court.

Canadian Security Certificates

Currently, Mohammed Zeki Mahjoub is the only person imprisoned in Canada under a security certificate. Adil Charkaoui's security certificate was quashed in October 2009 by the Federal Court and he was released from house arrest. Four others remain imprisoned under house arrest. The conditions of the five persons subject to outstanding certificates are as follows:

Hassan Almrei, a Syrian refugee who has been detained in a Toronto jail since October 2001. He was transferred to the "Kingston Immigration Holding Centre" in April 2006. He has held several prolonged hunger strikes, the longest lasting over 100 days. He was ordered released under house arrest by a Federal Court judge on January 2, 2009.

Mohammad Zeki Mahjoub, an Egyptian detained in Toronto since June 2000, ordered released under house arrest by a Federal Court judge on February 15, 2007.[11] Because Mahjoub and his wife, Mona El Fouli, found that his conditions of house arrest "had humiliated them and deprived their two sons of any semblance of a normal life," he requested to be returned to custody at the Kingston Immigration Holding Centre in March 2009.[12] He has been on hunger strike in protest of his conditions there since June 1, 2009.

Mahmoud Jaballah, an Egyptian detained in Toronto since August 2001, also ordered to be released under house arrest by a Federal Court judge on March 6, 2007.

Mohamed Harkat, an Algerian held in Toronto since December 2002 and released on bail in June 2006. He remains under 24-hour supervision and must wear an electronic monitoring device. He was ordered deported in July 2006 but remains in Canada as court battles continue.

Manickavasagam Suresh, a Sri Lankan, first arrested in 1995 and held till 1998. He was ordered deported, but ongoing court processes have kept him in Canada under conditions.

Canada, while usually glowing in the eyes of others, has a dark history much like those of our counterparts. Somehow ours usually goes unnoticed though. Canada doesn't understand freedom much better than other countries and it seems that now more than ever we're working towards squashing our diversity.

I'm not so certain you should look north.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join