It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to move to Canada?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I don't mean to be harsh here but that is limited thinking. I've heard it after every election. If one just wants it easy and isn't willing to fight for what they believe is right, go for it. You'll be welcome here. Everyone is. If I was an American though, I wouldn't welcome you home later. Hell, I don't know why I fight for American's rights. Yeah I do. Our politics is just too damn boring.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yeah I do. Our politics is just too damn boring.

lol. I've wondered about that, and suspected that was a part of the reason, although American politics can tend to effect global issues, which I suppose keeps in the news.

But Trep, be glad. Be glad it's boring. We are like cats and dogs down here, as you see.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ah yes, election time. Oh boy~I got through page 1 and it is more exciting than Christmas!!!

You get the true illusion that there's a real difference between the corporate parties, if only for a few days, so PARTY ON! Yes, the Repubs will take down all those post 911 false flag bonanza 'paperworks' hanging like so many gallows around all America. They'll get right on it.

I don't want to wake up to the reality. I want to enjoy this thread. Every side saying exactly the same thing under a different banner. I mean, hey, we never elected Gore. But somehow, we got him. Pick a side, any side. (they are all in love with the technocracy of power). This is a like yelling your lungs out at an Army Navy game, because it's good for you somehow.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
DUDE, DONT BE BRINGING ALL YOUR CRAZY PEOPLE HERE!
next thing you know well have america at war
and america at cold war

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Canada? No way, it's too damn cold.

Not that i mind my Canadian brothers and Sisters. I'm sure you are all great people, but you need to heat that place up. I can't take that.

Come on ya'll, this thread is chock full of crazies. Cut me a break.
edit on 3-11-2010 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You may have to wait in line? Over fifty-five million inquiries for Canadian citizenship in the past twenty-four hours!!!

-- Canadian immigration officials have reported a huge increase in the number of requests for Canadian citizenship in the past twenty-four hours, with over fifty-five million such inquiries pouring in since late Tuesday night.

Of those fifty-five million requests, well over 99.99% of them came from U.S. citizens, with a particularly large number coming from residents of Florida and Kentucky.

Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon said that he was "flabbergasted" by the fifty-five-million-plus requests for Canadian citizenship, adding that it was difficult to pinpoint the precise reasons for the staggering increase.

Huffington Post

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
"Is it time to move to Canada?"

No.

Sincerely,
Canada

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Anytime is a good time to move into Canada! But......
Oh my goodness, let's hope we don't have the problems america is having with illegals crossing the southern borders! I would lend a hand building a fence to keep out the "unwanted" from crossing up into Canada, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

You realize that guy's a comedian so it's an article that would fit right in at The Onion, right?
edit on 11/3/2010 by Jenna because: Removed "most likely" after checking the guy's website. Yeah, it's definitely an Onion worthy article.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

The people in power don't particularly concern me as much as the citizens on the right.

People have to understand that while the left/right paradigm in Washington may be fake, the citizens themselves do have political leanings.

I am more worried about the fanatical followers of the Right than those in Washington. The radical right will see this as justification for every threat for violent action they have made the last two years.

I posted a thread about a woman who worked for MoveOn.org who got held down and stomped on at a debate by a Rand Paul Campaign Coordinator a while back and the people who supported Rand Paul were falling all over themselves coming up with justifications for the guys actions. They were all actually supporting what this guy did to a woman.

We have a member here that posted how he wants a special group of people set up, a 4th branch of government, who aren't answerable to any other entity of government who have execution powers if a lawmaker proposes a bill that they feel goes against the US Constitution.

We have another member who wants to repeal the 13th Amendment and replace it with a fake one he found on the internet.

We have many many members here that roll out the Declaration of Independence as if it's their personal license to kill their fellow countrymen, and they want to use that document as justification for slaughtering their fellow Americans.

Like I said, while the Right/Left Paradigm in Washington may be fake, its the radical right wingers themselves who are the real threat.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The radical right will see this as justification for every threat for violent action they have made the last two years.

That will happen just as much as the left saw Obama's election as justification for every threat of violent action they made during Bush's 8 years in office.

You seem to have forgotten all of the threats made against Bush while he was in office. Remember how many times people said he should be shot? Remember how many times people said that it was only a matter of time before there was a violent overthrow of him and his cronies? I don't recall you being this frightened of what the radical left was going to do.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Have you been smoking crack?

Really, this whole thread has been an example of complete absurdity. We survived 8 years of ole' Bushy britches. We've survived Obama thus far and we'll survive this congress as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Canada? No way, it's too damn cold.

Not that i mind my Canadian brothers and Sisters. I'm sure you are all great people, but you need to heat that place up. I can't take that.

Come on ya'll, this thread is chock full of crazies. Cut me a break.
edit on 3-11-2010 by antonia because: RAWR

Southern western Canada is quite mild by most US standards, for example, the Okanagan here gets just below zero, maybe to briefly -8-12, like for maybe 7 days out of the whole winter, while the Fraser Valley, here where most of the province lives, barely gets below freezing. We had 2 weeks of snow, last year, and only the odd year has longer snowfall, 2 hours inland. Seatlle temperatures really. The rest compares to Eastern States, not much different.
edit on 3-11-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I do remember those threads, I remember threads about how Bush and Co should be arrested for war crimes, I remember when bush had a shoe thrown at him. (still laugh about that one) But I don't actually recall anyone committing the federal crime of saying they want to shoot the then president.

Course I have read several times now about how some members want to see Obama hung as a traitor. (without a trial mind you)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Where was your fear when all of that was going on? Where was your paranoia that the radical left was going to go crazy?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

When the radical left goes nuts...

Wait a minute, what does happen when the radical left goes nuts?

I mean I know what happens when the Right goes nuts, they wear bedsheets and carry the Confederate flag around.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b26783c5990d.jpg[/atsimg]

So what happens when the radical left go nuts? Mass communes?
edit on 11/3/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Well, let's see. There was the attack on Kenneth Gladney by SEIU thugs. This site lists 55 incidents of violence by the left against the military. (I'm not so sure about that number though, since there are several listed as "refused to apologize" or something similar. But it does include dates and locations for vandalism, bombings, etc.) Here you can read about a liberal who grabbed a Republican in a choke hold for supporting Jesse Kelly at the University of Arizona during a debate.Then there's the healthcare reform activist from moveon.org who bit the tip of a 65 year old man's finger off over healthcare.

Shall I continue? Or are reminders of bombings, beatings, choke holds, and biting off of fingers enough?

Edit: You do realize that the KKK was started by people who couldn't stand Republicans, right?

edit on 11/3/2010 by Jenna because: Gave a more direct link to the relevant KKK section.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Before this congress gets into session and they start stripping the constitution of most of the protections offered by the Bill of Rights and the other Amendments, and jack booted thugs hired by the Right wingers start storming into our houses and putting their boots to our necks for being intelligent free thinking individuals, is it time for Americans who really love freedom to go to Canada?

I for one don't really feel like being water-boarded for being left of center politically, I don't really want to be stomped on by some jack booted thug for expressing what used to be the 1st Amendment. I certainly don't want to be a slave sold to a landowner. Maybe it's time that I move to Canada to flee before the Gestapo Right comes crashing through my door guns drawn and they put me in jail for having an opinion that is pro freedom.

I think the worst thing you can do is ditch your country because of this whatukno. The people spoke and we should respect that, we should respect the process. We have seen the worst of men and women get elected in time and time again over the years, and yet this nation has continued to progress. Progress is an inevitability and it only requires alittle bit of patience.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

We have a member here that posted how he wants a special group of people set up, a 4th branch of government, who aren't answerable to any other entity of government who have execution powers if a lawmaker proposes a bill that they feel goes against the US Constitution.

Why do you think this is a bad thing?

It would shape things up in DC pretty quickly and save a hell of a lot of our money.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Started by and what they have become are two completely different things.

Just like the TPM started out as something respectable and honorable and became the GOP's little cabana boy.

The KKK may have started out against Republicans who used to be for civil rights and things like that. Nowadays however, the right has become a monstrosity of fear based politics, removal of civil liberties, and the destruction of freedoms for the American people.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join