It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead Is Upon Us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
just watched it, and im hooked after this episode. Very well done cant wait for next episode, finally some thing decent is out there, hopefully they dont cancel this !

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Glad you enjoyed it q_ball. Now we just have to wait for episode 2!

If anyone finds any links for episode 2 later in the week please post them up, and I'll do the same!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Are the following episodes just your usual 40 minute eps or are they sticking to the 60 minute eps?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I think they'll probably go for the 40 minute episodes standard TV drama nowadays. Hopefully 60 minutes that would be great. But I have to say I don't actually know.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I was pretty impressed with the first episode. I thought he was going to buy it under that tank, hehe...can't wait to see how he gets out of that mess. Personally, I think I know what I would have done with that pistol (i.e. myself).

I know this follows a graphic novel somewhat, but man, some of the protagonists in this really don't think too clearly. In that scene where he's riding into the city, it's like, "What part of this LOOKS like a GOOD idea???"

Then, you've got the survivors group led by his former deputy...and their encampment is surrounded by woods? And they sleep in tents? (with zombies running around?).... Why not a nice high hill with lots of open space and visibility? Ever think of that? Yikes!

Like Romero movies, it looks like the series will focus on the human stories, which is the way to go I think, so can't wait to see more of it. Kind of like World War Z, but on tv...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Ha ha I was thinking the same thing. all the cars lined up trying to escape and he heads on down the road towards certain disaster! Also the tents man? Bad idea... But that's an addition for TV because I don't remember them having any in the book. I will go and look now!

They did, but they weren't in amongst the trees! They were in a circle behind the camper van. Those fools.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To add the results.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

(SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW).....

I love the way they had him introduced to it though. When he was waking up, my wife was just going, "No...no...I see where they are going..." I just said yep...that clock is dead, so the battery is old, which means he's waking up without even knowing what's happened..." That would SO suck! Can you imagine the horror of THAT? I wonder if the zombies just registered him as dead?

He couldn't have been out for that long after everything went south, maybe a couple of weeks tops...(judging by the state of the flowers, and that the hospital still had power, and he hadn't starved to death or dehydrated, due to lack of anyone changing his IV bags).

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Great show. Although I wish I would have just recorded the whole season the PVR and then watched all the episodes once the season was done. Couldn't resist though, watched the first episode and now I am hooked.

I checked next weeks episode and it is unfortunately only the standard 40 minute episode. 60 would have been nice, but I'll make due. Can't wait for next Sunday

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

See Kirkman (writer of the comics) took the idea from 28 days later... if you remember that's how the guy wakes up in the movie

I remember reading that he said something like "there are only so many ways to start a Zombie story and that was as good as any" so I know what he's saying.

But yeah.... I liked the opening, not quite the same as 28 days later, just that he wakes in hospital, alone.[
edit on 1/11/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

In a sense, that's pretty much what happens with Resident Evil too....Alice wakes up, takes off the tubes and wires, and comes outside to the apocalyptic town of Raccoon City.... Man, that would just suck...not knowing if your loved ones were alive or dead. Not even knowing if anybody else survived...yikes.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I do think it had an element of predictability to it, like when he is in the tank and the body that was supposedly dead wakes up but I was expecting that and you need that it what gave it a serious yet not too serious feel. However goinginto town on a horse? I was thinking they would have attacked his legs and he didnt really fire off many rounds either to I was thinking he would have been taken way before.

Also yes the tents spread apart come on thats just ridiculous, maybe there is more to it but I would have just been in that RV i saw! Maybe they are in a compound and it just hasnt been revealed yet? They are moving around very comfortably for a post apacloyptic type scenario!

PS next ep 11th of Novemeber, I cant wait that long!!

edit on 1-11-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just a small request to fellow hulu subscribers. If you could please contribute to the requests to have this aired on hulu I would be much obliged. Thank you in advance...

www.hulu.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Just posting to say thanks for the heads up. Great first episode, can't wait to see the rest.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm just glad to see something actually live up to the hype that surrounds out. This will defiinitly be a part of my Sunday nights for awhile now.

About the tents thought....I think if they were in the area long enough and know the layout of the land, it probably can work. You just have to know what you are getting into, besides I would get sick of sleeping in a stuffy RV or car with several other people for a long period of time. As long as someone keeps watch at night, all should be well.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by blupblup

In a sense, that's pretty much what happens with Resident Evil too....Alice wakes up, takes off the tubes and wires, and comes outside to the apocalyptic town of Raccoon City.... Man, that would just suck...not knowing if your loved ones were alive or dead. Not even knowing if anybody else survived...yikes.

See It's weird...

Resident Evil, 28 days later & The Walking Dead (comic) all come out around the same time and all have a similar opening/start to them?

And yes, would be awful to just wake up to that... whether it was zombies or a nuclear attack or whatever.
I can't even imagine how horrible it would be.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I kept thinking it was cruel to the horse, as you'd have much different shoes for him walking on concrete vs. when he was at the farm...

I'm really having a hard time envisioning a) how his rescuers are going to get to him, and b) why they'd even risk it for such an obvious idiot....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
what about the poor father and son who are haunted by there dead wife, mom! that whould suck so bad! I think i would have it in me to take her down. you have to think to yourself..... she is already dead.

Also walking dead had 5.3 million views on AMC. AMC's biggest opener ever!!! this show my be staying around for some time!
www.theepochtimes.com...
edit on 2-11-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The ratings are good news (especially considering it was on Halloween, on a weekend)!

Yeah, if I was that father, I'd have to cap zombie mom...Looking at that each day would be way worse than ending her misery.

CX

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I was going to have an early night tonight.....looks like thats gone out of the window!

Thanks for this thread, and of course the links to the first episode. Don't have to wait to Saturday now.

CX.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Ep 2 was pretty good, subtle advertising with the challenger obviously

So far so good I can say!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join