It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead Is Upon Us

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by qisoa

Unfortunately no they never reveal the source of the zombie infection. Obviously they have the usual opinions via different characters, ie it's a virus from a government experiment, or it's a curse from God! Maybe it's both!

CX

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just watched the 2nd one, loved it....just about to watch "Zombies...the truth" on National Geographic.

CX.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I'm going to try and find that on surfthechannel or somewhere! Let me know if it's any good?

CX

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Will do

CX.

CX

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well i enjoyed that.

The National Geographic programme talked about the possibility of a zombie outbreak ever happening for real.

Very much centred around a virus of some sort, so you had professionals talking about the medical side of that. Also discussed things like Voodoo, and also drugs that have rendered people "temporarily dead" and therefore got mistaken for zombies.

Spoke a little bit about Bug Out Bags too which was good. The guy they talked to about BOB's emphasized the fact that a "zombie apocolypse" was a metaphor for a whole range of disasters or unexpected scanarios. I'm glad he did that, as most people think zombie fans are a bit nuts half the time.

I can't find the programme online as yet, but if i do i'll be sure to post it here.

Definately worth watching if you're a zombie fan. Heres a quick 30 second trailer for it...and its on again 7pm Friday 19th if you've got Sky...

natgeotv.com...

CX.
edit on 13/11/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
hey guys has any one seen the latest ep yet?
edit on 15-11-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Haven't spotted it anywhere but I'll be having a look when I get back in this afternoon! I'll post it up here if I spot it though.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I'll be checking that out then thanks for the heads up!

Man I love zombies!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
just saw it, less action but some good character developlment some things had me thinking like where did the crazy guy go from the roof with out opening the door? And why his wife has become so defensive is she going to just keep it from him? Besides that was good hopefully more action in the next ep!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Why would they have all these red neck hill billy mother bleepers with them? The two white supremacists and then the dude that beats his wife? If you're trying to stick with people who you can trust and unite, these three clowns would not be around.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
SPOILERS>>>>(of course)

His best friend told his wife he was dead, so she feels she was lied to by him. At least that explained how she could just shut out the friend so quick. I'm sure she'll tell him, but not until after he's back, of course.

I think the guy who got away on the roof might have been rescued by the helicopter the cop saw (must have sucked to see AFTER sawing off your hand). Of course, they aren't exactly quiet, so I don't know how the others could have not heard it (though he did see it before he met up with them)... Why didn't he saw the handcuffs or the rusty pipe though, over his hand???? I mean, if I have choices....I'm going to choose what doesn't hurt like hell and leaves me with my hand, you know? From a writing standpoint...we're definitely going to see him again.

The abusive husband was wrong, but man, he didn't need to beat him almost to death. He was right to step in, but in losing control, now he's viewed as just as dangerous. As for why they keep the rednecks around...that's simple...food. They are obviously the hunters. Have to agree with the women though...the division of labor seemed a bit skewed.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

just watched it yesterday. Im starting to really like this show. not because of the zombie factor but the human factor of the show. I knew he was going to have to saw his hand off. the hack saws are only made to cut wood. if he tryed to cut the pipe all the teeth on the blade would come off then he would be up the creek and hacking his arm off anyways with a dull blade.

Im glad they went back for the guns! you need those puppys.

One question ive always had in zombie movies or shows. when your beating the slim out of a zombie with a bat and you get the blood splater, dont you need to keep your mouth closed so you dont get infected? Im watching these guys beat this zombie up with bats and all of them have there mouths open and blood flying everywhere. That blood is like poison and needs to be treated that way. I know one thing. if im beating the slim out of zombies im going to have my mouth closed and some type of face mask on.

to bad there is only 3 show left for the season. Its a major hit so im sure they will sign on for 12 episodes next year! I hope so!!!!!
edit on 16-11-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I think you have the tools confused....

A hacksaw is a fine-tooth saw with a blade under tension in a frame, used for cutting materials such as metal or bone.
- definition from Websters and Wikipedia.

Personally, I'd opt for metal....

One question ive always had in zombie movies or shows. when your beating the slim out of a zombie with a bat and you get the blood splater, dont you need to keep your mouth closed so you dont get infected? Im watching these guys beat this zombie up with bats and all of them have there mouths open and blood flying everywhere. That blood is like poison and needs to be treated that way. I know one thing. if im beating the slim out of zombies im going to have my mouth closed and some type of face mask on.

I'm right there with you. In the store, you saw them take this precaution, and they even commented on it, as they were draping themselves nonchalantly with this poison.... But, in TV, kind of sucks to have your actors wearing HAZMAT suits, hehe... Still, it'd be nice if they took the splatter into account, and at least occasionally seemed concerned. At least they didn't eat the deer....
edit on 16-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
i agree the beating was excessive as some one said earlier, though I thnk he was venting mroe then just upset that the other guy hit hise wife

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hey folks sorry for the late reply! I have literally only had the chance to watch it tonight. But it was worth the wait!! As has already been mentioned, this episode was definitely about the relationships between the group, and Rick has certainly mixed up the dynamic...

Also there is a pissed one handed redneck walking around Atlanta.
Not good news for all concerned. I'm not sure why these guys are going after him, he doesn't look the type to forgive someone who spilt his drink, never mind left him for dead to bake in the hot sun or get eaten. I don't think a simple heartfelt apology is going to suffice for this fella!

Shane got it wrong though, he has four shells for the Colt, and a big ole grenade! We haven't forgotten Rick!!!

Just in case anyone checking out the thread hasn't seen episode 3 yet;

www.free-tv-video-online.me...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I don't think a simple heartfelt apology is going to suffice for this fella!

Heck, it wouldn't suffice for me either, especially if I had to cut off my hand! The Sheriff and the Key Dropper would be on my hit list... Of course, I'd never act in the same way he did, that earned him that predicament though either...

I'm betting he got taken by the helicopter. It's the only thing that makes sense.

As for going back for him...well, at least there are the guns and tools to consider... Worth the risk, from what we've seen so far for hostiles on the trip back... Someone does need to explain to the hick's brother though....WHY they left him up there in the first place (i.e. he held a gun to other members of the party)...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Did any one think that the car driving for miles with the horn honking would have attracted more zombies? I think that one may have been the first of many to come.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Yep, I kept thinking that too....

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
2hours till the next episode!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Great episode a lot happened that I did not expect at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join