It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead Is Upon Us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I haven't come across it yet I'll post up a link when I find a decent one. For all those relying on Internet viewing. On a positive note the missus bought me the Walkin Dead hardback 6! All I can say is it's as good as ever and totally brutal as you would imagine!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Episode 2 is showing this to be a promising show. The whole time I heard the thunder, I knew what was coming, and was like...you guys may want to shamble a little faster. The terror when the gig was up...that was great!

Like all good horror, it's the people story that has the focus, and that's great to see in a series. Kind of creates a whole new genre (horror series). I mean, we had them in the 80's, but they were pretty cheesy. It actually even goes back to Dark Shadows in the 60's, but something (the genre) that was never quite recreated (even in some notable attempts).

Feel bad for the cop when he actually does find his wife though (which looks to be the next episode perhaps). That will be disappointing...as his wife shacked up pretty quick all things considered.....

(He couldn't have been in the coma for more than a month or so after the SHTF...or he would have starved (and by the condition of the flowers, and the hospital still having power)... Of course, we don't know how long he was in the coma prior to it either, but given that he was able to get out of the bed, couldn't have been long. (little muscle atrophy)...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I finally got to see this last night. The makeup effects were great. I could almost smell the rotting flesh. It was also really brutal. They chopped a de-activated (best word I could find to describe it, since they're already dead) zombie up with a fire axe and a couple guys smeared themselves with it so they wouldn't be smelled by the zombies. Talk about gross. I like how they showed some humanity by digging out the zombie's wallet and talking about the guy before he was a zombie before chopping him up. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the show.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I kept expecting him to use the grenade he found in the tank, at some point... Writer slip? or will it play an important role in an upcoming episode, do you think?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm guessing the grenade will be heard at some point.

Great series. I had no idea about the books, but so far I'm loving the show. My wife is a big True Blood fan, but I can't get into it. It's a racy soap opera that happens to have vampires in it. I can barely stay awake for it. The Walking Dead is way more up my alley.

I'm waiting to see if the guy chained up on the roof gets away, or if some idiot goes back for him. (Don't tell me, I don't want to know). One of those rare shows where it's almost disappointing when the episode's over. That doesn't happen much for me.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hello there folks anyone having trouble finding somewhere to watch it here's a link. It's Zshare which is pretty damn good if you ask me!

www.free-tv-video-online.info...

I'm off to watch it now, so apologies but I deliberately didn't read any of the posts above as I am very afraid of spoilers!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

(SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW).....

I love the way they had him introduced to it though. When he was waking up, my wife was just going, "No...no...I see where they are going..." I just said yep...that clock is dead, so the battery is old, which means he's waking up without even knowing what's happened..." That would SO suck! Can you imagine the horror of THAT? I wonder if the zombies just registered him as dead?

He couldn't have been out for that long after everything went south, maybe a couple of weeks tops...(judging by the state of the flowers, and that the hospital still had power, and he hadn't starved to death or dehydrated, due to lack of anyone changing his IV bags).

I haven't read the comic, but I pictured a young and idealistic nurse or maybe an old dedicated no-nonsense type who felt that it was her duty to man her post until the last possible minute. She stayed behind and took care of her coma patient until the last possible minute. Perhaps that was her corpse he saw torn to shreds down the hallway, or maybe she left to get some more supplies and he happened to wake up at that time.

Otherwise, he'd be dead and covered with bedsores. At the very least, he should have been very weak. However, I'm willing to let that slide. Imagine having to watch ten or twenty episodes of physical therapy until he could walk again.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think his recovery out o coma can be attributed to TV magic

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just watched numero 2 very good! When is he gonna use that grenade though?

Not too sure about throwing the race issue in there, don't think it was necessary. I suppose it's a big thing in America maybe that's what they think the US audience wants to see?..

PS the Zshare link isn't very good I used Megavideo for a change.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just read the other posts so everyone want's to see this grenade go off too!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I though he would have used the grenade in his escape, gotta love the very un subtle advertising with the new dodge i cant get over how obvious that was!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
the race card was just to shake things up I imagine.

The people in the store were pretty stupid, if you loaded up all the stuff that was in a department store infront of those glass windows, not a chance anything is getting in. Or just used the grenade as soon as they broke through the glass...

Still love the show and can't wait for next week.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I wanted to see him use the grenade in some sort of inventive way, too. I guess we'll just have to wait to see that.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Barricading the windows would have been a good idea. The grenade though, would have just created a bunch of crawlers, AND let in the horde that would be after the initial group...so that would have been bad...

I'm thinking the real value in a grenade here would be the distraction factor...attracting the walkers to it, while you hightail it in the other direction.

As for the coma, assuming he had a nutrient bag at a normal rate, the bag would have expired the day of, or the day after the SHTF, so he'd have been without food a while. The other thing is of course the saline drip, as he would dehydrate before he starved. So, couldn't have been too, too long... I guess the lone nurse idea is plausible, though not realistic though (she'd likely have "put him down" instead)...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
the white guy tied to the roof pipes is going to get out for sure. notice the black guy kick the bucket in the white guys direction just before he triped and lost the key.

One thing i hate is there base camp. its so close to the city! they have it parked up on a bluff so if a butt load of zombies come they are traped. not smart! If i was them i would look for a better place to set up camp on a hill. start cutting down trees and making wooden keep midevil style.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
the white guy tied to the roof pipes is going to get out for sure.

I agree, but only because he's the only person in the show I recognize.
He almost always plays some sort of redneck white supremacist jerk.

Actually, I also recognize the older guy with the beard back at the campsite. He's been in several movies. I'm thinking The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption, for two.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I only remember him in Mall Rats
he's Claire Forlani's dad and he eats the poo stained pretzel. I'm sure I've seen him elsewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Never saw it, and based on the description, I'm not sorry.

Had to look at IMDB. Actually, the blonde that almost shot the cop (only the safety was on) also played the motorcycle cop in Silent Hill, which I've seen multiple times. Didn't recognize her, though.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Well spotted I didn't know that either. She is a good Andrea I think, based on looks anyway, one of my favourites in the book. Any woman who can wield a sniper rifle like she can is totally badass!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have never read the comics, but I have enjoyed the first two shows. I do like the touches of humanity that are showing through the deputy's character.

In the comics, do they ever reveal the source of the zombie virus/plague/whatever? Not asking for spoilers, just a yes or no.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join