It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tons of objects in Pennsylvania/Delaware

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Folks these are chinese lanterns. We've let off many of these and its not difficult to let off that amount with a fairly small amount of people. Its amusing that people really want to believe that these are real ufos but the fact is they are identified. You can even see when zoomed in on the video the orange fire flame inside the lantern. Their trajectory is up with the heat rising and they flow with the window. If they moved from left to right or up and down and really changed full colour then questions could be raised but videos like this just require some common sense and knowledge of a chinese lantern. As i say people want to believe these are something else but they are not. Type chinese lanterns into youtube and compare the results for yourself.
edit on 24-10-2010 by zoobrack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Chinese lantern balloons with led lights that reflect of venus, jupiter and swamp gas filled Ahahahaha lmfao
Here let me go out of my way and make a new account and then sound like a pro debunker

edit on 24-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxBenBen
goood video....cant say what it is cause i realy dont know...i dont think anyone on this forum does...not saying its etv of planes or etc..... i think claiming you have the answer to any vids on ats is ignant(lol)...cause we really dont know...all we have a shacky vids of lights in a dark sky...

FoxBenBen.....

cant say what it is cause i realy dont know...i dont think anyone on this forum does

I do.....

It's lanterns.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
if they are chinese lanterns then where did they come from? The Delaware/Pennsylvania border (where we live) doesn't exactly have a high populaton of folks who partake of those lanterns. I've been here 10 years and have never seen them in the sky. There were no announcements from Longwood Gardens or the baseball field or Hagley or ______.

It COULD be .... but where did they come from?
And like I said, our airports here musta been ticked if it was lanterns.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

that video is obviously a helicopter, you can see the tail , propellars, and some of the rest of the body when the light hits it at the right angle for a split second.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They are nothing but Chinese lanterns! Go buy a lantern or 2, set them off. Let them drift away, then start filming. What you see in the op's video is exactly what you will get back on camera. You can even get them in other colours such as blue.

Here is some I captured a few months ago (5 of them), 3 of them even taking up a triangle formation.

Disclaimer: No aliens participated in the making of the following video.

Sorry to offend anyone, but it's threads like this that make the subject of UFO's a laughing stock (Alien fleets, independently controlled craft, secret government projects).

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is obviously chinese lanterns. People release these at all kinds of events. Here is a recent news broadcast from one of my threads posted about a married couple releasing these, and then a flap of UFO sightings happened in the area ----> www.wtvr.com...

That doesnt mean the lanterns in the OP's video are from these exact people, but it just goes to show its quite a simple task to release these as they burnout before they hit the ground and the people who release them dont have to go find them when they drop and clean them up.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I love how "these are obviously":

Helicopters
Airplanes
Chinese Lanterns

If these objects are "obviously" any of these things, provide evidence... I see a lot of guessing and inductive reasoning.

They have yet to be clearly identified, so I say they are UFOs (UNIDENTIFIED Flying Objects).
edit on 24-10-2010 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Prove it was ufo's ...prove it was Chinese lanterns...sure you can show everyone on ats a bunch of videos that show lanterns, planes ,etc. but really prove it to us...prove to us that which you speak of with conviction is what you say it is...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxBenBen

And the proof that these are UFOs is all over the thread. Everybody is just guessing different objects, so they are still in fact unidentified. They are flying. And they are objects. Ding ding ding!

Not aimed at you specifically, but these threads never go anywhere because identification can never be confirmed amongst a bunch of stubborn conspiracy theorists and debunkers.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This was worth watching for that woman alone! I was laughing. Hard. That poor man! Talk about hen pecked!

'They're all stopping and taking photos!'

Oh really...?

'GIVE ME THE CAMERA!!'

I'd have laughed had he then smashed it in her face.
edit on 24-10-2010 by the.lights because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
oh i agree with you....it seems that alot of people struggle with accepting that they dont really know the answers....im comfortable with not knowing what it is...it interests me...but i can accept not having answers..its seems that others cant...and thats why you got the "its a ufo" or "its a lantern/plane/whatever". Folks need to accpet that they cant answer the question sometimes...whats even more upsetting is how condesending(spelling) people become when they post thier convictions. No one Knows ..so i hope they stop acting like they do...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

That doesnt look like a helicopter to me at all.
Its movement is not consistant with a helicopter also, imo.

Looks to be a UFO to me.

Cheers
edit on 24-10-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sure debunkers could show you and say it looks the same but when it doesnt lol
Like they know 100% it isnt alien or what ever...how are they so sure and quick to denie the possabilities
but one thing thats for sure they cant show us what a real "ufo" looks like and say thats how I know what you see here is lanterns.... That will be the day

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I would like to be the guy on the hill with my paintball gun
shooting at these lanterns before they get too high..
This lantern thing is soooo outta hand..
Also I'd bet the guy in the video wished he had some duct tape for the womans mouth

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by big_BHOY
They are nothing but Chinese lanterns! Go buy a lantern or 2, set them off. Let them drift away, then start filming. What you see in the op's video is exactly what you will get back on camera. You can even get them in other colours such as blue.

Here is some I captured a few months ago (5 of them), 3 of them even taking up a triangle formation.

Disclaimer: No aliens participated in the making of the following video.

Sorry to offend anyone, but it's threads like this that make the subject of UFO's a laughing stock (Alien fleets, independently controlled craft, secret government projects).

Skydiving Helicopters doing the normal routine

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
Sure debunkers could show you and say it looks the same but when it doesnt lol
Like they know 100% it isnt alien or what ever...how are they so sure and quick to denie the possabilities
but one thing thats for sure they cant show us what a real "ufo" looks like and say thats how I know what you see here is lanterns.... That will be the day

After seeing probably a hundred different videos of chinese lanterns mistaken as UFO's, its pretty easy to spot them. Flickering, slow drifting lights in the sky that act just like chinese lanterns, are well, chinese lanterns. I think the Nellis Air Foce UFO is definately a UFO in my opinion with lots of great information to go along with it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
has anyone thought about if this spell out something with the ships? Hello we are here! But seriously it looks like all the ships are in a specific order.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Really....Chinese lanterns? Excuse me for saying, but that seems like a bit of a stretch. Why would someone be sending roughly (as far as I can tell) thirty lanterns into the night sky in PA? It seems like the only likely explination would be to hoax everybody into thinking that they were witnessing a UFO sighting first hand...but 30? That's a little excessive. Especially since, in previous years, people have wet themselves over one or two moving lights in the sky.

SO...on that note, here's my problem.

As noted before, people used to get hysterical over one slow moving light that changed direction. "What's that...it's no plane"...now we have twenty plus unidentified lights all moving around in the sky (yes..as far as I am aware they are still "unidentified"), and nobody thinks that it deserves any attention? Nobody thinks that it could, just possibly, be legit? Immediatley, it seems, the majority of people here dismissed and debunked it without giving it a second thought. Instead it's "they would land and say hello if they wanted us to notice them"...really? You think humanity would react rationally to something like that? Might I remind everyone of the infamous "War of the Worlds" broadcast, which had people in a state of panic, believing the Aliens had come and the end was nigh. What would video footage of an advanced alien race do to the majority of the world's population? Paradigms would be shattered en masse, and chaos would grip the populated areas of the world...and if you don't think so...well, you're entitled to your opinion.

It is my opinion that, if they were not here to invade, any alien race would be smart enough to monitor our society and know that they need to ease us into this kind of thing, otherwise a lot of people are liable to freak. It is also my opinion that, as far as UFO sightings go, this one is fantastic, and deserves more than a simple debunking and move on. I swear, if Chinese lanterns become the new mainstream way of explaining UFO's, I'm going to punch the next person I see in the mouth...well, not really....but I'll have to really restrain myself.

In the day and age of instant information (via the Internet) and instant communication (Internet/Cell phone) human beings have forgotten what it means to be patient. Great post IMO, and I will be following the development of this story closely...as ANY avid UFO enthusiast should....

...honestly...

GtKP

P.S: No offense intended...just found the whole things very frustrating...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I live in northern Michigan and seen the exact same thing last evening while driving home. I thought I had a entire group of UFO's overhead. But they WERE Chinese lanterns. Looked just like the video. When we got closer we could see them being launched from the ground, It was a party or something going on.

I didn't have to watch the video long 24 seconds in? I believe...watch the camera angle. They are moving upwards from bottom to top of the screen. Ground to sky. The video in my unscientific and laymans opnion are Chinese lanterns at their finest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join