It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I suggested that this thread be deleted on the grounds of Ignorance. Not because of incorrect placement within a forum.....
but apparently ignorance is bliss for some.....troll!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.
26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

I often think this is the most important segment of the passage, or at least the most useful, because it offers a way of telling when someone is NOT the Son of Man.
And the test is beautifully simple- if you can or must go somewhere to see him, then he's not the expected Son of Man.
This means that all the people making claims for themselves or having claims made on their behalf are swept off the board.

edit on 22-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

well then, let see

who else said they saw christ in the desert? and in an inner room?

oh yeah apostle paul, hmmm

do not believe him, sweep him off the board, that destroys 13 maybe even 15 books of new testament, awe

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Wow, that was a good point? I'm interested in seeing this troll's response!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrecked
I suggested that this thread be deleted on the grounds of Ignorance. Not because of incorrect placement within a forum.....

You were equating ignorance with "believing in religion".
Your argument was, in effect, "This post should be deleted because it is talking nonsense- ie religion", (and therefore does not belong on ATS)
The point of my reply was to deny the implied assumption that religious material does not belong on ATS.
However, as I said, if you have abandoned your original stance that religious propaganda should be deleted, I am content.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I stand firm to my original statement. Obviously after repeating myself a few times, you don't seem to comprehend that~ Its ok, what ever makes you sleep better at night~

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

i for one think religion does belong in conspiracies

its one of the biggest ones out there, and should be dealt with openly and honestly

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

And the test is beautifully simple- if you can or must go somewhere to see him, then he's not the expected Son of Man.

well then, let see

do not believe him, sweep him off the board, that destroys 13 maybe even 15 books of new testament, awe

I'm way ahead of you. I saw that argument coming and phrased my remark very carefully.;
"...then he's not the EXPECTED Son of Man"
"Expected" means "in the future". In the future from the viewpoint of the people around him.
Yes, the original Jesus was seen by people in the desert etc.
The whole point of this Matthew passage is to explain that the RETURNING Jesus would not be.
He would be seen "coming with the clouds of heaven" etc, as the rest of the passage explains.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrecked

I stand firm to my original statement.

Your original statement demonstrated your ignorance of the ATS site, which has a recognised place within it even for religion.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

["Jesus termed himself a son-of-man... when the disciples said he was a son-of-god, jesus said
'that's what you say, not i...'']

If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?-John10.35

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

well then, let see

I'm way ahead of you. I saw that argument coming and phrased my remark very carefully.;
"...then he's not the EXPECTED Son of Man"
"Expected" means "in the future". In the future from the viewpoint of the people around him.
Yes, the original Jesus was seen by people in the desert etc.
The whole point of this Matthew passage is to explain that the RETURNING Jesus would not be.
He would be seen "coming with the clouds of heaven" etc, as the rest of the passage explains.

huh? jesus does not live in a mansion in the sky

do you know what heaven means? it only means happiness and eternity not a sky city where a magical carpenter and his father who is also his own son live, ive said that over and over

the heavens (universe aspect) surrounds us

there are no clouds in the universe or outer space only in our atmosphere, that must mean that jesus is just hanging out in the stratosphere watching all of this daily and not doing a friggin thing

why do people pray for a new car or a new job or to heal a broken pinky and not pray for all the starving children to be fed and for peace

if god/jesus answers selfish material prayers surely he can feed precious children who starve to death and weigh mere pounds mostly which is bone

geesh
edit on 22-10-2010 by MurderCityDevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You were equating ignorance with "believing in religion".

For anyone to believe in religion, they would need to be ignorant. For someone to believe it despite having been given plenty of evidence to the contrary goes beyond ignorance. Open your eyes, you are being given a gift here.

Religion is the most disgusting creation of humanity in its entire existence.
edit on 22-10-2010 by EnactedEgoTrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

["So who or what is Jesus?']

For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the ONE MAN, Jesus Christ.-Romans5.17

For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead-Acts17.31

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.-1Corinthians15.45

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

My original point was that someone turning up in the desert and claiming to be the returned Christ would not be the real thing.
It seems to me, from your post, that you would come to the same conclusion, ie that someone turning up in the desert and claiming to be the returned Christ would not be the real thing.
In other words, on the point which started the discussion, we're actually in agreement (even if we get there from diferent directions)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You obviously don't comprehend simple sentences. Your responses are very cryptic, and knowingly try to instigate arguments with valid statements. And quite frankly your arrogance is boring me.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
As for the original topic, this is nothing more than the usual christian fearmongering they need to resort to to gain converts now its illegal to just kill them if they dont convert. The christian religion has committed some of the most heinous acts towards other human beings in modern history, all because they had a different god and wanted to keep their old one. They have spread their poison throughout the world like a cancer and we are on the edge of annihiliation as a result.

The judeo-christian-islam scriptures are self-fulfilling prophecy. There is nothing supernatural at all to their religion, everything has been brought about by people and their technology. We should not be joining their religion but doing what we can to counter them. It is our leaders who are orchestrating world events - we must stop them before they go too far.

Listening to the words in your book is the reason all of this is allowed to happen! You need to wake the hell up and get out of your religion.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The reason why it is so "difficult" to comprehend the bible, it's because the bible.. or to be precise 'the message of the cross' was not for everybody. Apparently it's for an elite club.

For the message about the cross is nonsense to those who are being destroyed, but it is God's power to us who are being saved. - 1 Corinthians 1:18

It is indeed nonsense to most people, don't even bother trying to comprehend it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

My original point was that someone turning up in the desert and claiming to be the returned Christ would not be the real thing.
It seems to me, from your post, that you would come to the same conclusion, ie that someone turning up in the desert and claiming to be the returned Christ would not be the real thing.
In other words, on the point which started the discussion, we're actually in agreement (even if we get there from diferent directions)

ok, yeah maybe somehow i got mixed up

yeah, paul claims to have seen christ i think 3 times, total once in the desert while blinded and again in jail he stood by paul and the third id have to look up

so in truth we are waiting for the 4th return of christ, THIS TIME ITS FOR REAL

hahahaa

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

["It's just ancient superstition based on the sun, the stars, the equinoxes and precession.
It's laughable that people still believe in this tripe...]

And have spread them to sun, and to moon, And to all the host of the heavens, that they have loved, And that they have served, And that they have walked after, And that they have sought, And to which they have bowed themselves-Jeremiah8.2

The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.-Psalm2.4

[" and even more hilarious that they will die for it. The shame is that they ruin the world for everyone else']

And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth."-Revelation18

the tenants said to one another, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.-Mark12.7

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.-Psalm2.4

do you really think god is in heaven just kicking it?

if he is omnipresent, then he is not just in heaven but IN EVERYTHING

ah makes more sense now,

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Hmmm... not sure what your trying to say there chappy.

IRM

edit on 22/10/10 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join