It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Your son of christ stories are nothing new, nor will they be forgotten because there is always someone willing to go around scaring men and women and even children, about death.

Lightening in the sky? really *thunder storm* LOOK JESUS IS COMING...wait no its just a storm false alarm everybody, you can go back to your churches and waste more time to pray to some magical man living on a cloud saying worship me or suffer forever.

Many reilgions seems obsessed with the end of the world. for thousands of years, yet it hasnt come, and even when the sun burns away us, who will morun? nobody because either you burned away or got a free ride with some aliens, so either way you wont care.

For a reilgion to focus on death, shows what thier people fear the most, death is as natural as being born, to fear it is to fear being alive. So i hope its wrong, that people hate eachother for no reason, at least i will go around treating others how i want to be treated, and hopfully others will do the same, because really the one and most important rule to life is...

SURIVIAL THROUGH COOPERATION NOT INDIVIDUAL GAIN. Yet so many people hate that idea, thinking only of themsevles, would you fight a war on your own? no you need your commerades, so to you, are fine on your own on anything is a lie.

but seriously enough of the bible, its a book written thousands of years ago and has been rewritten to scare people into magical thinking, rather then scienftic thinking

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

I'm not arguing at all? I have made valid arguments with Historical FACTS, and I have yet to here any documented facts that could refute my statements. I think our conversation has been enlightening, considering not many people have the maturity to stand up for their values/morales regardless if parties agree.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

This is the God I know. I am not Jew nor followed any religion. I retained what I have known all my life and I let no man take this away from me, I only knew to observe and experience life knowing divinity is in all things. My Heavenly Father has no religion, just absolute love.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

["scaring men and women and even children, about death."]

To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life.-2Corinthians2.16

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.-John3.17

Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all-Colossians3.11

So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being" ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.-1Corinthians15.45

["a reilgion to focus on death, shows what thier people fear the most, death is as natural as being born, to fear it is to fear being alive.']

Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.-Hebrews2.14

he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.-Revelation12

Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Christ.
For the accuser of our brothers,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
They overcame him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.-Revelation12

For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."-Acts17.31

edit on 22-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Pride is original sin.... aetheism is pride talking.... no humble person is faithless.... the weak are the humbled because they have understanding.... if you have not become an aetheist for a time in your life then you have never sought to acquire that which God commanded to, knowledge....... how can you understand faith if you have not tasted and lost it?.... thats why the believers, not the followers, were given the story of the " Prodigal Son".... Jesus was flesh and blood who conquered original sin and became Godly but not God.... Jesus also told us we were like him in this regard if " ye had faith of a mustard seed".... your belief is your belief and no one should argue of it but should stand firm in their belief.... remember wipe your sandals and leave was your instruction.... pray for those of little or no faith and judge not because " the lord giveth and the lord taketh away" ..... to not judge doesnt mean to accept to give instruction and discipline is not to judge but to correct, humility over pride..... I believe an atheist can only find the truth by shedding the deception of self and a humble heart will be lead to truth, its own truth..... I also believe a follower is not a believer and is merely afraid of truth and uses the lord a crutch.... a believer follows the belief ,a follower believes in following.... try to understand and seek out your own truth.... we must stop arguing about faith and deal with each other and LIVE..... lastly if you want to know the true system of belief..... all you have to do is observe the "fruit" born of the belief.... if they follow the belief and believe then they are humble, if their belief is not humble then they are of the impression that they are Godly; where their miracles? so they must be humbled and they will be eventually.... God despises a prideful heart and will seek to correct that heart unto humility.... Love is humble pride is hate.... YOU CANNOT ARGUE WITH THAT!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

St. Udio, you grossly added to the Word of God

*(add: there's no periods in my pseudonym...you are grossly adding to my identity)

No, i paraphrased Jesus...the one who some bestow the title of Master-Teacher-Christ

there's a difference... if one acquiesces to Religious Theology and religious law
that the words are sacred and are to be forever recited as written....
then the popular 'Living Bible' itself is a sacrelege and grossly mis-spoken

review my signature below,
thank you
edit on 22-10-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Actually we can argue with that! Re-writing what has already been wrote by man on a thread says nothing about the person plagiarizing. Except the fact that some, not all can only use verses as their basis of argument, but can not develop a response of their own.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrecked

I'm not arguing at all? I have made valid arguments with Historical FACTS, and I have yet to here any documented facts that could refute my statements. I think our conversation has been enlightening, considering not many people have the maturity to stand up for their values/morales regardless if parties agree.

Like I said,I'm no historian,but this may be a good enough link to make the point that there have not been more people killed in the name of "religion",as you want to believe. I'm sure if you want to learn more about this on your own,you're able to do so,or,you can just cling to what you have been told to believe.

Were Most Human Deaths Caused By Religion?

Sometimes when in discussion with atheists or people resisting Christianity, or religion in general you will hear the claim that religion has been the cause of the most human suffering and death in the world. Typically, events like the Crusades, the so-called "witch hunts" and the Inquisition will be trotted out as proof. And many Christians will shrink back or will say something like, "Even so, Christianity as it was espoused by Christ is non-violent." Although it is true that Christianity as espoused by Christ was to be spread not by the sword (as Islam is designed), but by the Word, by mere preaching. But why should we allow the atheist to even use the Crusades and such as evidence in their claim that most human suffering and death has been caused by religion. It plainly is not true.

What I want to do is offer a detailed listing of human death from the 18th century through the 20th century and see if the claim is true. Yes, we'll also look at the Crusades, the witch hunts and the Inquisition.

DEATH TOLLS

18th Century Slave Trade

Atlantic slave trade: ca. 5,000,000 transported and 8,100,000 died.
Islamic slave trade: ca. 1,300,000 transported and 2,000,000 died.
Seven Years War (1755-63)

1 million, 300,000
French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars (1792-1802)

Estimated 3-4 million
And these wars were supposed to be about bringing "freedom" to civilized men.

War of the Spanish Succession (1701-13)

1 million, 324,300
Yet another non-religious war

As we leave the 1700s don't forget all of the many, many other events -- all non-religious where hairless apes killed other hairless apes.

On to the 19th century...

19th Century Slave Trade

Atlantic slave trade: ca. 1.6M transported and 2.5M deaths.
Islamic slave trade: ca. 2M transported and 3M died.
Venezuela, power struggles (1830-1903)

1 million
Colonial El Niño Famines (1876-1900)

31-61 million
American Civil War (1861-65)

Over 600,000
Paraguay, War of the Triple Alliance (1864-70)

Over 1 million or more than 80% of its population
Maybe it gets better when we get to the 20th century??? I mean, mankind becomes so much more advanced....well at least advanced at killing each other.

WWI (1914-18)= 15 million (half of that is non-military death) and this is a low estimate
Russian Civil War (1917-22) = 9 million
Soviet Union, Stalin's regime (1924-53) = 20-51 million (the Soviets were decidedly "atheistic", right?)
WWII (1937-45) = 55 million (yet another non-religious war)
Post-War Expulsion of Germans from East Europe (1945-47) = 2 million, 100,000
Chinese Civil War (1945-49) = 2 million, 500,000 (another not so "civil" war)
People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong's regime (1949-1975) = 40 million (again an "atheist" thing)
Tibet (1950 et seq.) = 600,000 (China imposing "atheism" on others)
Korean War (1950-53) = 2 million, 800,000
North Korea (1948 et seq.) = 1 million, 663,000 (not even warring, just imposing "atheism" on its own people)
Rwanda and Burundi (1959-95) = 1 million 350,000
Second Indochina War [including Vietnam] (1960-75) = 3 million, 500,000
Ethiopia (1962-92) = 1 million, 400,000
Afghanistan (1979-2001) = 1 million, 800,000 (Soviets trying to impose "atheism" again)
Sudan (1983 et seq.) = 1 million, 900,000 (no more slave trade deaths, so they start killing each other??)
Kinshasa Congo (1998 et seq.) = 3 million 800,000
Shall I go on?

Just to be fair, how about those "Crusades"??? (which in reality was less about Christianity and more about securing wealth) Certainly that had to be the biggest death toll, since according to atheists, most people have died due to "religions". Or how about the "Witch hunts" or the Inquisition? That should really push up the numbers eh?

Crusades (1095-1291) = 1-5 million
Witch Hunts (1400-1800) = est 20-100 thousand
Spanish Inquisition (1478-1834) = est 32 thousand

Copied from: thekingdomcome.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

Please. Definitively prove to me that God or Jesus, or the interpretation of a supreme creator (not Kim Jong Il either) that somebody else personally defines for himself or herself does not exist. Although I know you won't be able to.

Claiming belief in something intangible and otherworldly, having faith, those things do not make one ignorant. And actually, claiming that it does is nothing short of arrogance, as if you were the creator of all things, and as if you possessed the infinite knowledge of the omniverse. Now, are you claiming that about yourself?
edit on 22-10-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Though I commend your research, it's hard to take information from a website that is of religious decent. I'm not saying the figures are wrong, but anyone would have to conclude that a website spiritually biased is not a source of conclusive information.
I am able to debunk your above website, but who's to say my reference is any more correct than yours? And that's my point, we can submit references all we want, but its left to the individual to decide:
Deaths over history: religious vs. nonreligous
I heard a while back that more people had died in the name of Jesus than in the name of Hitler. I’d always wondered if it was true, it seemed perfectly plausible given the persistence and viciousness of the Vatican during the Crusades. Unfortunately, I had found it difficult to find a number of deaths from the Crusades. But, I found in Google Answers, this webpage that chronicles numerous human conflicts and includes a category for religious conflicts. The numbers are hazy, of course, when we’re speaking about conflicts hundreds or thousands of years ago when death tallies were not a priority or of mild interest like they are today.

In short, 809 million people have died in religious wars. That’s nearly a billion people.

Oftentimes, a retort is that secular ideals and Godless Communism have killed many more. It is true that Stalin, among others, slaughtered his own people by the millions during the industrialization of Soviet Russia. By comparison, 209 million have died in the name of Communism. Some 62 million died during World War II, civilian and military, on all sides. Conclusively, more people have died in the name of religion than in the name of Communism or Hitler, or the two combined times two.

bookrate.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrecked
reply to post by fonenyc

Actually we can argue with that! Re-writing what has already been wrote by man on a thread says nothing about the person plagiarizing. Except the fact that some, not all can only use verses as their basis of argument, but can not develop a response of their own.

Silly argument you have there as well because I could also say anyone who uses "we", giving the notion everyone agrees with them lol, is basically an assinine position to take and truly shows the weakness in character of the person who can base an argument on such an absolutist assumption that they are right by default... I wasnt aware I was quoting but if you look at my history of posts you would see that I am mindful enough to put them in quotations... " Great minds think alike I guess".... I feel like Im already wasting my tiime sooooo yeah wadeva kid good stuff " applause" - the Joker in Dark Knight behind bars-

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
But why does the bible keep on referring to the "Son of Man"?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69f238d584a1.jpg[/atsimg]

Any questions?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

All that these casualties and war statistics show me is that people love to play a nice few rounds of war with their peers. Religion or irreligious non-beliefs aren't necessarily the problem. Humans are.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

yeah WTF?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." (Romans 1:20)

Long before "science",men have been able to observe the wonders of His creation. To deny a creator behind man and the universe is unfathomable to me.

About Prophecy:

“God gave the prophecies of the Old Testaments, not to gratify men’s curiosities by enabling them to foreknow things, but that after they were fulfilled they might be interpreted by the event; and His own providence, not the interpreters, be then manifested thereby to the world. For the event of things predicted many ages before, will then be a convincing argument that the world is governed by providence.” | Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

One of the strongest arguments for the accuracy of the Bible is its 100% accuracy in predicting the future. These future predictions are called “prophecies.” The Old Testament was written between approximately 1450 BC and 430 BC. During that time, many predictions of the future were recorded in the Bible by God’s prophets. Of the events that were to have taken place by now, every one happened just the way they predicted it would. No other “sacred writing” has such perfectly accurate predictions of the future.

www.clarifyingchristianity.com...

There's more than "blind faith" that causes believers to believe in God!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Exactly which prophecies have come true?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

"The Democratization of Awareness"...??? That's your reference?!

And I suppose "Zeitgeist" and George Carlin taught you all you need to know about Religion?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow, talk about fear & hate spreading...doesn't sound like it's coming from the Christians as many on this thread have postulated, but from some fairly rabid non-believers. I was in your camp once, but there is one God and contrary to your slander he is Good. Doesn't mean he's a pansy however and it does appear he gets rather ticked off now and again at our audacity in ignoring his laws which are laws of peace if we could but follow them.

The hardening has taken on some of you I fear, but I post for that person who like me has started to come to the conclusion that we, humanity, are not all God experiencing 3D so therefore there is no right or wrong as some profess, or that there is no Creator as others bleat, or whatever the philosophy that takes ones eyes off the fact that Biblical prophecy juxtaposed against today's events is THE perfect fit that explains the issues most of came here to explore from NWO to UFO, from perilous climate anomalies to war & man's inhumanity to man.

Y'all who mock might take a look at how perfect the fit is. Both Sherlockian deductive reasoning and Occam's Razor would seem to strongly suggest the veracity of the Holy Bible--and particularly germaine to this assertion Revelations-- are indeed the logical explanation of our world situation today. Peace Y'all

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Could't have said it better my self. And that was my point though I obviously didn't come out with it. Though I thought I had, its the ability of a person to choose, or in religious terms " free will". And that was my point.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

Exactly which prophecies have come true?

Try googling "Biblical Prophecies Fulfilled" and go from there! Take your blinders off,the proof is astounding!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join