The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Rustami

Quoting random passages from the bible isn't going to change anything. I've given you the truth. All you've done is make yourself look rather comical as you seek deeper refuge in the fairytale! Denial can be quite humorous!

Cheers!

IRM

its funny cause most bible believers only believe the bibles history and yet ignore most history all together

i love the HYKSOS and how the israelites were never slaves but rather lead by elite murders and the bible shows them to be

cause god told them too, even though his own law says thou shall not kill

so friggin hilarious

if god is love, why cant people just live and love, thats all we need
edit on 22-10-2010 by MurderCityDevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Paul never said He was the Christ nor that He was only in a particual type of earth place or region and his testimony was correct about a great light that shone from heaven when he heard His voice

Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.-2Corinthians3.17

the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says-Acts7.48

If He puts no trust in His servants,
If He charges His angels with error,
How much more those who dwell in houses of clay,
Whose foundation is in the dust,
Who are crushed before a moth?-Job4.18

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Exforcesuk

not a man "born of a virgin" who performed mirracles.

Zartosht was born of a man and woman, the story of Jesus is derived from his story.
He did not perform miracles, he even said he was not a prophet.

this "trick" video puts a stronger argument for what religion is about than any priest, vicar, rabbi or other religius leader could ever manage!

Can't argue with that, but if the priests are able to trick people, those making these videos that seem so perfect are also able to trick people.

faith becomes none existant and a desire to find your own truths becomes stronger.

Exactly, and during your search you will come across a new found faith, your own choice.

By the way are you gonna tell me next that Al Qaeda was actually responsible for 9-11???

Yes. I was also going to tell you the tooth fairy is responsible for the dollar underneath childrens pillows, santa claus is responsible for gifts underneath the christmass tree.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

["Hmmm... not sure what your trying to say there chappy.']

maybe this will clear it up, pay attention to that part about before reading anything and the angel as a kid

One night when I was a kid, a friend and I had seen a winged heavenly being, it flew in from the south landed on the neighbors roof ridge across the street then walked eastward to the edge and started to look down as if into the garage of the house next to that one, when suddenly turned it’s head to look at me as if caught off gaurd-saw it (maybe he, strong looking) directly in the eyes, was bright white all over like lightning type of luminousity yet I could discern muscular tone, some time later, maybe a few weeks best I can remember, we found out the guy we called uncle Jesse (he looked like from Dukes of Hazzard) had hung himself in that same garage, though I can't recall who told me that then years later that same friend, who had seen it flying back the way it came (I called him to window after seeing) was found still standing over his kitchen sink and had been like that a few days they said he drank himself to death according to a mutual friend, here are a few scriptures that fit descriptions of what the Israelites had witnessed and describe similar features-

Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.-Matthew28.2

The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover.-Exodus25.20

Many years later and at night also, though I think both events were in the wee hours of morning I really don't remember or know for certain, when I had begun to open just the cover of a pocket size green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the kitchen bar a few days earlier yet BEFORE READING ANYTHING, I heard an audible voice speak as if sitting beside me to the left that said my name then- “I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish” exceedingly awestruck (previous to this I was saying God and specifically Christian anything was all just something for the weakminded) I quickly stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord-

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Corinthians5.14

As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked. “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,”

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.-1Corinthians12.3
edit on 22-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
To those claiming "religion" has been used to brainwash everyone,I believe just the opposite. Your secular education has been used to brainwash you from receiving the gift of believing in a Creator or the idea of the need for salvation. You have been deprived of the most wonderful relationship you could imagine,and I feel sorry for you. If you only realized how manilpulated you have been,you might change your mind. However,I suspect such a thing as Pride might be too large of a barrier to break down.

Alinsky's tactics were based, not on Stalin's revolutionary violence, but on the Neo-Marxist strategies of Antonio Gramsci, an Italian Communist. Relying on gradualism, infiltration and the dialectic process rather than a bloody revolution, Gramsci's transformational Marxism was so subtle that few even noticed the deliberate changes.

Like Alinsky, Mikhail Gorbachev followed Gramsci, not Lenin. In fact, Gramsci aroused Stalins's wrath by suggesting that Lenin's revolutionary plan wouldn't work in the West. Instead the primary assault would be on Biblical absolutes and Christian values, which must be crushed as a social force before the new face of Communism could rise and flourish. Malachi Martin gave us a progress report:

"By 1985, the influence of traditional Christian philosophy in the West was weak and negligible.... Gramsci's master strategy was now feasible. Humanly speaking, it was no longer too tall an order to strip large majorities of men and women in the West of those last vestiges that remained to them of Christianity's transcendent God."
www.crossroad.to...

One other thing,many people equate Catholicism with Christianity,without looking any further. The Protestant Reformation sought to expose the Catholic church as the home of the antichrist,but thanks to their counter-reformation,most don't believe that anymore.It is true,pagan symbology as well as idolatry and child abuse are rampant,and yet still,the Pope has more followers than ever.

.."All the world wonders after the beast..." www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

["Biblical absolutes and Christian values, which must be crushed as a social force before the new face of Communism']

well said and very interesting post which I can't help but think of Revelation 12 after reading

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I do have one question for you? I'm assuming based on your response that you have a belief system regardless of what it may be. But have you ever seen Jesus firsthand? Has he spoken to you? The reason I ask you this is because odds are your answer will be no. Which would further suggest that Jesus, and or God is still to this day a myth. A myth that has been the cause of more death and war than any other topic in history~

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
edit on 22-10-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnot
Matthew 16:15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

The reason he called him Self, 'the son of man', was to show you the Way, show you what you must say about your Self as long as you are in the world. If he said himself that he was the son of god then you and I could say that we are gods but he never said that therefore we also cannot cross that line.

St. Udio, you grossly added to the Word of God

Luke 22:70
Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I AM

He never said 'not I', in fact he said, 'I AM'

And yet he said to flesh and blood-people that "Ye are gods"?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

from above post-
begun to open just the cover of a pocket size green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the kitchen bar a few days earlier yet BEFORE READING ANYTHING, I heard an audible voice speak as if sitting beside me to the left that said my name then- “I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish”

In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth.-Revelation18.24

that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah-Matthew23.35

God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.-Acts2.36

Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.-Revelation11.8

John beheaded in the prison.-Matthew14.10

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God.-Revelation20.4

CHRISTIANS – THE MOST PERSECUTED PEOPLE GROUP ON EARTH
By Anthony Browne, Europe correspondent of the Times.
Rising nationalism and fundamentalism around the world have meant that Christianity is going back to its roots as the religion of the persecuted.
There are now more than 300 million Christians who are either threatened with violence or legally discriminated against simply because of their faith – more than any other religion. Christians are no longer, as far as I am aware, thrown to the lions. But from China, North Korea and Malaysia, through India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Turkey, they are subjected to legalised discrimination, violence, imprisonment, relocation and forced conversion. Even in supposedly Christian Europe, Christianity has become the most mocked religion, its followers treated with public suspicion and derision.jmm.aaa.net.au...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrecked

I do have one question for you? I'm assuming based on your response that you have a belief system regardless of what it may be. But have you ever seen Jesus firsthand? Has he spoken to you? The reason I ask you this is because odds are your answer will be no. Which would further suggest that Jesus, and or God is still to this day a myth. A myth that has been the cause of more death and war than any other topic in history~

Your comment about "more wars and death from religion" has been debated many times on this forum,and while I am no historian,I'm sure your presumption is false. I believe Atheism is quite alot more dangerous!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Personally,as any believer will tell you,God does,through His Holy Spirit,speak directly to the heart. The evidence of God working in the lives of believers is verified. While you can't actually see the wind either,you can see the results left from it's presence,you can see it's effects.

Yes,I have seen the working of the Spirit in my life,and it is beyond compare! You oughta try it!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

You should take a look at this!

"Words of the Beast"
www.remnantofgod.org...

There is no doubt in my mind that the Caatholic church fulfills every single description for the antichrist!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You assume my presumption is false? BWWAAAHAHA!! You apparently are correct in not being an historian! You need to read up on the Dark Ages! That is a prime example of religious zealots trying to instill the peoples with their belief system, which led to? You guessed it WAR!!! Need another....how bout the Crusades? The Roman Catholic Church utilizing Roman soldiers to persecute innocent people. I highly recommend you read up on 7th grade history before responding to any posts!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

I wonder just how old you are. Maybe your seventh grade history class taught you that,but that doesn't mean it is correct. I don't believe you've been given the whole picture. If you don't know that the educational system has been hijacked,then I don't know what to tell you.

It's all a part of the plan to turn people away from God.

In your case,it appears to have succeeded.

P.S.
I already told you my opinion of the Catholic church.
edit on 22-10-2010 by On the Edge because: "P.S.."

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Look, the Bible is a document of metaphors and stories. It contains guidelines for those who follow that specific religious institution. The same goes for the Quaran with those who follow Islam.

In other words, it's mythology and has no relevance to reality. Enough with these completely insane threads making front page.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So are you assuming that History within itself is false? With that logic, one would have to assume that the history of your alleged God is false too? By your own admission you claim that the history that is documented FACT is incorrectly recorded. I bet you think the jews weren't persecuted and killed off during WWII either?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Good luck keeping them down,.
I simply fail to see the relevance to our times regardless of How they explain it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

AMEN! BWWAAAHHHAA!!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by Rustami

You should take a look at this!

"Words of the Beast"
www.remnantofgod.org...

There is no doubt in my mind that the Caatholic church fulfills every single description for the antichrist!

catholics are CHRISTIAN

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrecked

So are you assuming that History within itself is false? With that logic, one would have to assume that the history of your alleged God is false too? By your own admission you claim that the history that is documented FACT is incorrectly recorded. I bet you think the jews weren't persecuted and killed off during WWII either?

I think you're just looking to argue,and it's not worth my time. If you want to pick an argument,you'll have to do it with someone else. My patience for those who just want to deride those with faith has diminished drastically since coming to this site.

"Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart..." (Ephesians 4:18)

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14 )

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join