It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and DARPA Plan 'Hundred-Year Starship' To Bring Humans to Other Worlds And Leave Them There For

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You could only hope and dream.

Thats exactly what it is, its a dream, a farse, a fantancy......

This will never happen in our life time nor our childrens and most likely our grand children won't see it happen ethier.

I doubt we will even see another moon landing in our life time. ( if we were ever there to begin with)

To even think of interstellar space travel before we even begun to explore our own solar system is ridiculous.....

Unless they know something we don't.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Idotwhat

I believe they do know something we do not .

Well I hope the selections of those willing to undergo such task will be very vigorous and strict we do not want to spread the "Human Nature Disease " around planets/galaxies and so forth
)

S&F for the Post

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by guavas
Maybe we should fix our earth bound problems first before we start thinking about sending them (our problems) into space.

That money could feed an awful lot of hungry people. Today.

At the rate we're going, there won't be anyone left to pilot it by the time it's ready to go.

My $.02.

Sure. And your ancestor could have stayed in Africa instead of following the herds.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by changetheworld

Don't be silly No one sends the upper class. Unless its someone who doesn't have something else to do already.

It is ALWAYS the working classes that go, with a smidgen of others going along with. Sent, running away - it is the people who do the work because there is no room or time for the foppish and those who aren't capable of living hard.

You want a colony? A REAL colony? You don't just need the ambitious. You need smart. And you need solid, stolid, healthy, hard working, good breeding, WANT to breed, women.

If you want a good colony you probably need more women than men at first. There aren't any "local" wives to take or even things out.

Oh, and you probably need a good storage of non-colonist's Ovum and Sperm to tap.
edit on 2010/10/22 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think if carried out in the right way this could be great for our species and maybe other extra terrestrial species if we come across them. But in all reality there is most likely a more darker greedier agenda going on behind the scenes. If I was to take an educated guess I would probably say some kind of extortion. =/

Still though I hope it all goes well, I think it would be bloody brilliant if humans were colonised on other planets.

A lot of people look towards films of advanced space age civilisations and are amazed. They just fail to see that we are already living in space age and that the technology available in the mainstream market is nothing compared to what the government and some corporations have.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Why don't they just put all the psychopaths that are on death row, or have life sentences along with all the mosquitoes, cockroaches, rats and other nasty, pointless critters on them and send them somewhere else?

Don't forget all the certifiable child molesters and animal abusers. Stick their a$$e$ on there too and let them sail into oblivion as one big happy family.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Seriously though, mankind needs to address our problems here before we start contaminating the rest of the galaxy with them.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They should invest more into small cold fusion reactors or anti-gravity engine's, if they dont already exist. I lost hope on NASA and Darpa for years now. Only but lies and their own greed. It takes to long to accomplish something which already exist or being hidden from the public.

For example the moon missions. We are almost 50 years further, and havent been not further then earth orbit, and still massive people seeing things in the sky or space. Kinda sad.

If this continues we have no hopes from our childeren in the future. Our generations is forgetting that. Sooner or later there will be no turning back.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxize

I never had any hopes in DARPA.
Personally, I think there is a legitimate reason we haven't seemingly progressed further than the moon, it's just not public knowledge. However the most likely reason is simply $$

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by scott,aussie
all go anything to get away from this mad world lol

I think just about anyone would at this point.

And that might have been a calculated measure.

Advance planning of course is a part of leadership and Government.

I wouldn't, I want to live on my home world. Humans don't need to be going to other places to destroy them as well. I'm going down with the Ship!!! Only COWARDS have eyes on Exodus all you are doing is running away from the problems that you have helped to create here on this world. This is our Home and everyone here has done wrong to make this problem. It is everyone of us that have the responsibility to fix it. ALL of us have let the Global Elite take over this world WE have to take it back and fix it.
I have one thing to say to anyone that wants to leave the mess that they have helped create here.

QUIT BEING COWARDS AND START FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS MORALLY CORRECT!!!

You are going to say "Well who's to say what is morally correct? I bet you think you know. So why don't you tell us. It's not your place to tell peole what is morally correct."

I can sit here and let you derail what I have to say. To be quit EARNEST yes I do know what is morally correct and I will tell you, but not like this. Each one of us make choices everyday, and for every choice we all know what is right and what is wrong. We feel it in our heart. You don't need me to tell you. It's already there. Wake up!

BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!
edit on 22/10/10 by Shadowed because: addition

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowed
[ This is our Home and everyone here has done wrong to make this problem. It is everyone of us that have the responsibility to fix it. ALL of us have let the Global Elite take over this world WE have to take it back and fix it.
I have one thing to say to anyone that wants to leave the mess that they have helped create here.

To bad this isnt that easy. If we stand up massive, we get killed or prosecuted to be against the system. We dont live in a free world. We obey what they high elites offers us.

Go sleep, go work, go sleep, go work, go sleep, go work, 50 years long doing things for the high elites. And what you get back? Nothing!

If some world wide armageddon would happen, who got the safe spots? Yes the "High elites" and we can suffer till we are dead. You can say this is bull#, but its just the reality.

Get rid of this ridiculous system (greed/power/wars/corruption) and then work on (out edge) space exploration.....!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
ITT there has been a reoccurring line of thought that we could spend all this money here on Earth to improve our world first before we expand out into the Galaxy. I had this conversation with a friend the other day who had the same viewpoint. What I proposed to him was the illogical nature of this line of thought, we cannot simply "throw money" at the problems we have here on Earth. I would venture to say that no amount of money would be enough to fix whats wrong here.

I actually propose we should spend more money than we already do. The only way I think as a species we can start to fix some of our problems it to be humbled as a species. Our arrogance and lack of value for human life could quickly change with various discoveries that would be humbling in nature. Also I feel a big issue is Energy, and I don't believe we will solve that on our Planet, the answer to "free energy" is in the Universe waiting to be discovered.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MordanECU

We can stand against the Elite. They will die one day. We need to instill moral values in our children and stand strong against the elite. We can't just let them win.
If we just move to help colonize another world all we are doing is then enabling the elite to conquer it as well. We have to make a stand HERE. The longer you stay in denial ("I can't do anything") you are absolutely right, we can't. When you get it in your head that this is your world and you aren't going to take the BULL# anymore then things will change. One pebble at a time if that's what it takes.
When we all stop randomly throwing stones and take aim AS ONE then we can make a difference.
Make a vow everyday to Recycle, to do something good for someone, Make someone smile, help a neighbor, start a petition against an injustice, force people in power to their jobs through peaceful protest. We can make a difference.
We do need to humble ourselves as a species, most of us need to realize that to do this we all need to realize that there is no species on this planet that is a LESSER species. They are all important and our brothers. There is a 97% simlarity in DNA between Humans and a Field Mouse. We are all one part.
Grow up and be the Being of Light that you are, and the world will change. It will have no choice.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxize

Stop doing things for the elite. Start your own business. Learn a craft to do something with. Be respectful of others and lead by example. Show the sleepers that there is good in the world. Realize that we can't keep going on this way, if we do Grandmother will purify. If a change is not made soon that purification will happen anyhow. What you fail to realize is that the Elite with their Underground Bunkers are doomed. They are actually digging their own tombs. A purification will seal them in. If you hold fast to their ideas then you doom the Human Race. Life will go on Grandmother will see to it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
So colonization of space took this long to do and it only has a million or so in funding?

My thoughts exactly. 1.1M for this to finally happen? It cost 5000 times that to send robots. WTF?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowed
reply to post by Oxize

Stop doing things for the elite. Start your own business. Learn a craft to do something with. Be respectful of others and lead by example. Show the sleepers that there is good in the world. Realize that we can't keep going on this way, if we do Grandmother will purify. If a change is not made soon that purification will happen anyhow. What you fail to realize is that the Elite with their Underground Bunkers are doomed. They are actually digging their own tombs. A purification will seal them in. If you hold fast to their ideas then you doom the Human Race. Life will go on Grandmother will see to it.

I am doing that already, but there alot of laws preventing doing so, which you never can win. This system is to well packed together. If you want to do something for mankind, its never good or you end up killed.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Oh come on now! Why such ridicule? Have you sat back and realized how stupid the mentality of NASA and DARPA is on even suggesting this with our present technology?

We're having trouble with the ISS toilets and it's only 200 miles above the suface of the Earth. To design and build a dynamic system capable of sustaining life for an entire century is beyond what we're capable of in all branches of engineering.

I'm not saying it's not OK to dream but we have to separate dreams from reality. Be for real. Astronauts wouldn't be able to make it past the orbit of Mars, even with all the high-end. current technology we humans have to offer.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

So....never then. Good stuff. You stay here as a population controlled subsistence farmer until the Sun explodes.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

And you'll never get there if you have no intention too. Having a good REASON to do it makes things happen.

The reason of "because it is neato" isn't enough to fix a toilet. But a reason tied to survival? That's something that turns on the ol' innovation process like nothing else.

So I am realistic. No want, no need, no action.

So long as people don't perceive the NEED, they'll continue to drag their knuckles.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxize

I am doing that already, but there alot of laws preventing doing so, which you never can win. This system is to well packed together. If you want to do something for mankind, its never good or you end up killed.

If enough people stand up they can't imprison everyone, and if we die for the Good of all then we die knowing that we have done the right thing. Death will happen anyhow, Make it a GOOD death!!!
edit on 22/10/10 by Shadowed because: fix

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join