It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and DARPA Plan 'Hundred-Year Starship' To Bring Humans to Other Worlds And Leave Them There For

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by stupid girl

So....never then. Good stuff. You stay here as a population controlled subsistence farmer until the Sun explodes.

If humans survive their ignorance, then I think 4.5 billions years when the Sun explodes is acceptable to then consider moving, if we are evolved enough.
You think the Global Elite aren't soon to follow you to the new planet? They are the ones that funded it. If you go to another planet you are the truest slaves.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In all actuality, our government (perhaps of the shadow variety) has probably been visiting other worlds for quite some time. There has been evidence discovered (testimony and FOIA documents) that proves we (U.S.) had a secret space program. But, as with all of these "fringe type" programs, their quote is, "But we cancelled the program." Sure. Just like they cancelled Project Aquarius (I think) or Project Stargate which involved REMOTE VIEWING.

These programs get publicly cancelled and perhaps OFFICIALLY that is true, but then an identical program with a different name and black funding starts up the next day. Further, if the program is *privatized,* then the government is no longer publicly accountable. Private corporations do not have to reveal their corporate technology to the public. That's the big loophole about all of this.

Via PROJECT PAPERCLIP our country brougth Nazi (SS) scientists here at the close of the war in Europe. Here, some rose to prominent positions of authority and POWER in NASA, extremely sensitive, high-tech and highly classified projects and agencies. Much of this startling technology was *privatized* in order to remain out of the scrutiny and accountability of the public. What I think they didn't realize is that once out of the control of the public, these kinds of secrets can get lost ---because there is absolutely NO OVERSIGHT. Only the people who needed to know, in fact KNOW. Those people could die, and then, only a handful of people have access to BREAKAWAY technology.

"Breakaway Civilization" is a term coined by Richard Dolan in his UFOs and the National Security State books (Vol 1 & 2 are available; Vol 3 underway). He asserts that a small group of individuals have access to Breakaway Tech, and have been using it for decades. In fact, so dramatic is this technology, that this would qualify those people in-the-know as a breakaway civilization. They might have been going to the Moon, other planets ---other STARS routinely. We might already have colonies on other worlds.

If they have had this technology since the 60s, then it's possible to have already had 3 generations or more at these colonies.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There still is a few problems to solve before you could get a 100 year starship heading for the next star system. First off you need a dependable propulsion system to get up to a speed possible to do it. Simply put you need to figure out a method to break Newton's law of motion. Unbalance the action/reaction process so one side winds up larger that the other and you got a engine. Or you have to gather fuel on the way. Space isn't a complete vacuum. And at .5 light speed it's probably creating a serious breeze.

Then you have to figure out the subspace bubble problem. A spacecraft going at .2 of the speed of light has a problem. If it runs into anything larger than a snowflake it's going to like it hit a immovable object. It would rip a hole from one end of the ship to the other. You need shielding or a subspace bubble to either deflect or pass through obstacles in the way. Or a really big asteroid out in front.

One benefit of high speed sublight travel. The faster you go the slower time is on the ship. The ship may take 100 years to get to the destination but at that speed time inside the ship would be much slower. If you going at .5 lightspeed then the trip is only 50 years. Get up to .8 or .9 and it's only a 10 to 20 year trip in the ship. Throw in some cyronic suspension and you could be alive at the other end. Assuming you can slow down. Landing is the hard part.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
How would you know you weren't being shipped off to some planet as a luxury meat for an alien supermarket?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

Humans will survive the same way they always have - by expanding their horizons.

Though I am confident that those without ambition can "evolve" themselves into squirrels again to best fit their environment of stagnation.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutante
imagine the men aboard secret triangular spaceships whizzing around space right now:
-mmm, yo john what's tha huuuge slow thing on the radar?
-what? ah, that! it's the spaceship to coverup our space programs
-poor people, they must be killed by boredom by now.

I'm not sure about a "triangular" spaceship.

A starcruiser however is definitely potentially in the works.

Personally, this 100 year spaceship, is going to be for the slow trip.

There is faster stuff going on out there that we kno nothing about.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I also would go, and by the looks of this thread I'd have a few people with me who I'd enjoy the company of.

So, HEY NASA/DARPA send me the proper slip to sign so I can get away from Earth's petty little problems and all the noise.

MM

Unfortunately, I do not see N.A.S.A. or D.A.R.P.A. picking anyone, from the conspiracy theory community.

Even those "U.F.O." and "aliens" believers are off that list.

Scientists, dedicated and unquestioning loyalists, and as well people who are not seen as Governmental trouble.

That is who will make that list.

This is not like Australia where convicts, problems, and political prisoners will be dumped.

That is what Guantanamo Bay Cuba is for.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I never saw that information nor did I do a search for it.

I did do a search for the title and as well things pertaining to N.A.S.A. and D.A.R.P.A. in tandem.

Using the ATS Search feature nothing popped up.

I tend to leave outspace alone when on ATS because people tend to get far too silly about it.

I read Science-Fiction plenty but I still see planet colonization quite a while off.

Knowing how Government and the Military works they will want starcruisers with weapons capability.

Even if life has not been proven to exist off of Earth.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by zorgon

Ever see the movie "Moon" from last year? It's a pretty interesting yet depressing perception of corporate expansion to the moon to harvest energy.

Although it was an incredibly slow movie I enjoyed it.

"Moon" - Official Trailer [HQ]

It reminded me of 2001 : A Space Odyssey quite a bit but a lot slower.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

We could have colonized other planets decades ago if mankind were not so selfish.

However, war is exactly how this is and will be financed, as well as seeking peace.

Funding can be tripled if a war is fought like the War on Drugs and War on Terror.

Divide and Conquer : Political Ideology of the Power Elite, Selling The Peace, War Is The Motive

Two fake wars with no end in sight towards actually winning them whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Well, while you plan on dying in space, I plan on surviving no matter the odds.

Adapt, modify, improvise, and overcome, nothing will stand in my way.

The mission is about survival and do not write my obituary until my body is cold and lifeless.

Buried six feet under the ground no matter which planet I happen to be buried upon.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pinealexplorer

I've never even considered changing my mind once my mind was made up.

This is one of those things where your psyche profile would wash you out.

Well prior to actually taking off for Mars and or any other planet.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

I have a feeling this ship will be built in orbit due to the magnitude of its size.

And as well to save on cost of launching a huge craft into orbit and then shooting it off to Mars.

Makes more financial sense to build it in orbit or even hiding it behind the Moon.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

If he makes it on the ship to begin with I see him being jettisoned as dead weight.

Airlock Number 1 please.

And do not tell him for God's sake or he might become a problem.

I see sabotage on his mind already.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Better to stay at home in your comfy little nest that you didn't really earn and leave the exploration to REAL men and women

This is a ludicrous statement, and the very reason we have wars, and starvation on the planet. The ones who didnt earn anything, are not the hardworking slaves who's little nests were a given and should only have taken the effort of village house raisings, but the bankers, elite, exhortionists. They're the ones who didn't earn a thing! The people more than earned what is being taken from them more and more.

And, it doesnt matter what planet you go to, this is Darth Vader's crew, and until people learn love, they will never graduate to better places.

But, many of the ones back home are learning their lessons fine, and there are many great people in this world.

Being willing to be hauled off in slave labor work forces, under the hands of Corporations, is not a thing I would recommend to anyone, not ever.

These pioneers will be going to hellzones, based on several factors, both the captains of their ship, and whats on Mars.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

They are working on this very problem right now.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Mojave Air and Space Port

The Mojave Air and Space Port (IATA: MHV, ICAO: KMHV), also known as the Civilian Aerospace Test Center, is located in Mojave, California, at an elevation of 2,791 feet (851 m).

It is the first facility to be licensed in the United States for horizontal launches of reusable spacecraft, being certified as a spaceport by the Federal Aviation Administration on June 17, 2004.

We already have the potential "Space Port" which I am sure is one of many.

Mojave Air and Space Port 2008

And I believe SpaceShipOne is the test program.

Quote from : Wikipedia : SpaceShipOne

SpaceShipOne is a spaceplane that completed the first privately funded spaceflight on June 21, 2004.

On June 21, 2004, it made the first privately funded human spaceflight.

On October 4, it won the $10 million Ansari X PRIZE, by reaching 100 kilometers in altitude twice in a two-week period with the equivalent of three people on board and with no more than ten percent of the non-fuel weight of the spacecraft replaced between flights.

Development costs were estimated to be $25 million, funded completely by Paul Allen.

During its test programme, SpaceShipOne set a number of important "firsts", including first privately funded aircraft to exceed Mach 2 and Mach 3, first privately funded manned spacecraft to exceed 100km altitude, and first privately funded reusable manned spacecraft.

And the test program which will be privately financed.

SpaceShipOne

I have been digging deeply into this program.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I would have zero issues with never coming back.

I would however have an issue with not being a leader.

I was born to lead.

Mmmm. Yes. Quite.

Well, you'll be pleased to know you (and a number of others on this thread) have earned your place on Ark B of the fleet! Congratulations. Ark B will be sent out first, followed a short time later by the rest of us...

I'm not holding my breath and I will wait to hear from N.A.S.A. or D.A.R.P.A. directly.

As I have said before I do not think any contributor of ATS will ever see this ship or Mars.

I could be incorrect but I doubt it highly.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I think we have big problems on Earth to deal with first..... the leaders of this World have got us into big problems so they should fix it first before setting plans forth for space exploration....

When does that shuttle take off anyway? That one with the photos of our faces?

I didnt send my photo in but i know some of you lot did.....

While I most certainly agree with you the United Nations and United States Government disagrees.

They could care less about our world and national problems and have zero intention of fixing them.

Irresponsibility is on their primary list of only giving the semblance of trying to fix the problems.

Without ever truly trying and or giving a real effort they let bureaucracy lead the way.

I never sent in any photo just my name.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowed
QUIT BEING COWARDS AND START FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS MORALLY CORRECT!!!

So those people who left Europe to conquer the New World that is today America were COWARDS?

You have the audacity to decide what is morally correct?

I'll be part of the solution alright... shanghai you and put ya on the first mining ship out to the asteroid belt

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I never sent in any photo just my name.

Maybe those photos will be used by them thar Aliens to decide who gets the next probings

edit on 22-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join