It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Can Not Control Weather....Can You Even Prove it Does?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jumbocat
Do you lose rep for replying to stupid posts? I'm new. This is ridiculous, this post. You should do research before you make a lame post with ad hominems and false statements. Firstly ,to use the HAARP website is like using Whitehouse.gov to find out about WMD's. There is a lot of credible documentation about weather modification that has been going on since the 50's, and a some hard research would be a more enlightening approach.

Sigh, seeing as your new Im gonna forgive the fact that you dont know my posting history or what I do for a living. Yes, weather modification has been going on for decades, in the form of cloud seeding.

And, Im also assuming that due to your recent arrival, you have not seen the numerous threads claiming that HAARP controls and creates weather systems and other natural phenomena.

Also, seeing as you're new, who exactly are you to decide who's posts are stupid? Thats a big ignorant

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Im not really sure what your saying, hence my late reply.

But it appears you are assuming I posted this thread to ridicule anyone that makes an argument. Sorry you see it that way, but thats not the intention

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Boy have I been saying this for ages ever since this NOT SECRET facility came in the public eye.

The wacky weather is so simple.

You cut down billions of acres of rain forest growth for greed,it WILL,seriously effect the worlds weather patterns.

The trees and planet life that they support,take in billions of tons of CO2 during the day time and release it as O2 at night.

Civilized man ha been removing trees from the surface of the planet for hundreds of years and it has reached the tipping point on the earth.

They are the lungs of the planet.

This facility cannot,cannot effect the environment in anyway.

They do not have the available energy to do that.

They cannot create earthquakes,or hurricanes.

They can and are monitoring the atmosphere and the magnetosphere,to see what maybe going on and how mans destruction of the natural biological systems may be having on the health of the planet.

Pay extreme attention to where this facility is located.

Look at the USGS web site on earthquake activity.

The Aleutian island chain and the deep ocean trench/rift is releasing a lot of piezoelectric energy daily.

They are studying the effects of this release and how the atmosphere responds to it.

Read this to learn more.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Oneolddude because: Fingers got ahead of the brain.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Oneolddude because: I added a link.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think it's funny that someone would take the word of a former professional wrestler (all the fights are real, right?) and a former politician (also everything they say and do is real, right?) as an information source of anything.

I have purposely not watched the show because I would start throwing things at the screen for every dumb remark, half-truth, exaggeration, and suppositon made by anyone who would appear on a show like this. It would break my TV and scare my dogs.

Especially now that the shows teaser shows Alex Jones proclaiming "they" are trying to kill JV. Right.....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

I think it's funny that someone would take the word of a former professional wrestler (all the fights are real, right?) and a former politician (also everything they say and do is real, right?) as an information source of anything.

I have purposely not watched the show because I would start throwing things at the screen for every dumb remark, half-truth, exaggeration, and suppositon made by anyone who would appear on a show like this. It would break my TV and scare my dogs.

Especially now that the shows teaser shows Alex Jones proclaiming "they" are trying to kill JV. Right.....

Lol,

Its actually quite amusing once you get past the fact that he is making half the stuff up for attention

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yuh.

In wrestling speak, it's all a work.

His shows are all a work too.

edit on 18/10/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Oh no! You are saying wrestling is not real? I now have to reevaluate everything I know, because I thiught it was real.

It is funny how alot of ex wrestlers get into politics. I guess it's the closest thing to wrestling they can find. They use story lines and a good bit of BS to make it better, which is the way politics work a bunch of BS to make them seem better than what they are.

The only thing good about JV Conspiracy Theory show is if you had a bad day and you watch it you wil at least get a good laugh out of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
First off, lets get one thing clear. Weather that affects the Earth, occurs in a layer of the atmosphere called the troposphere, and occasionally, the lower parts of the stratosphere. HAARP's target area is a layer called the ionosphere, which is some 75km's higher up than where the troposphere ends.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/448804b452ac.jpg[/atsimg]

Also, it is not a secret classified site, which is patrolled by armed military personnel. In fact, you can even take a tour of the facility!!! Some secretive operation huh?

We recognize that there is great interest in the scientific work of the facility. In response to this interest, HAARP schedules open houses at which any and all are invited to visit the site. Several scientists are usually present at these open houses so that visitors can talk directly with those who use the facility for research. Open houses have been held most years since 1995 and have proven to be a popular event. The most recent open house was held on July 17, 2010.

Some of you wont believe this no matter what, but the HAARP website states the their purpose is as follows:

HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes.

The HAARP program is committed to developing a world class ionospheric research facility consisting of:

The Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high power transmitter facility operating in the High Frequency (HF) range. The IRI will be used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere for scientific study.
A sophisticated suite of scientific (or diagnostic) instruments that will be used to observe the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

So, pretty much, what the above means, is that a signal is sent up from the array to an altitude of in between 100 and 350km's, where the signal is absorbed. The actual volume of the signal is literally only a few hundred metres thick, with a diameter of around 10 to 20 kilometres. The signal is tens of thousands less intense, to the energy and electromagnetic radiation to reach the Earcth from the sun. The purpose, to excite molecules to observe the physical processes that occur up there.

So what I m interested in is how can such as small amount of energy create or steer a weather system, as complex and chaotic as those which we see on Earth? The concept is ludicrous, considering we cant even get cloud seeding to work efficiently.

Basically, the Earth moderates itself. In other words, it tries to keep equilibirum. For instance, areas of high pressure move to areas of low pressure and vice versa. This is also the reason why two hurricanes or cyclones can not merge and create a super storm, despite the fact that they will rotate around one another. So, to target a weather system at a certain point, you literally have to produce, alter and decay several things:

1. The jetstream location
2. Surrounding pressure systems, in close proximity to the on you want to move
3. The temperature of the ocean
4. Wind shear, and wind direction (which tie in with pressue systems)
5. The effects of La Nina, or El Nino weather patterns
6. The input of the suns energy
7. Cloud cover in close proximity

These several factors all come into play, yet I cant see how one small array can manipulate all these points?

So please, enlighten the entire meteorology community, because obviously we dont know as much about weather and the mechanisms that drive weather, as what conspiracy theorists do.

(And please do yourselves all a favour and learn a little bit about basic meteorology....how can you prove something when you dont even know how a hurricane forms, and how is works :puz

So come on HAARP'ies what part of the conspiracy am I missing here?

This has been talked about many of times on this forum. Look up the Norway Spiral on ATS and you will have me and others discussing what caused it and why.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
This has been talked about many of times on this forum. Look up the Norway Spiral on ATS and you will have me and others discussing what caused it and why.

On the second or third page of that thread, I posted that it was fprobably from a failed rocket launch. And later on thats what was publicly admitted, and tauristercus actually posted an in detail thread, which actually proved the theory correct. Which is quite interesting considering he tried to set out to debunk that theory in the first place

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm not going to say whether or not Haarp controls the weather or whether it is something that can be used for mind alteration or any of the other arguments. I will say that a military scientist was quoted saying "HAARP aims to learn how to exploit the ionosphere for Department of Defense purposes." Though there are many top-secret applications that this scientist wouldn't cover, some of the things he did mention were:

*Haarp would give the military a tool to replace the electromagnetic pulse effect of atmospheric thermonuclear devices (still considered a viable option by the military through at least 1986)

*Replace the huge Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) submarine communication system operating in Michigan and Wisconsin with a new and more compact technology

*Be used to replace the over-the-horizon radar system that was once planned for the current location of HAARP, with a more flexible and accurate system

*Provide a way to wipe out communications over an extremely large area, while keeping the military's own communications systems working

*Provide a wide area earth-penetrating tomography which, if combined with the computing abilities of EMASS and Cray computers, would make it possible to verify many parts of nuclear nonproliferation and peace agreements

*Be a tool for geophysical probing to find oil, gas and mineral deposits over a large area

*Be used to detect incoming low-level planes and cruise missiles, making other technologies obsolete

The site is open for tours and considered "not a secret" because for one its too large to hide (especially in the days of google earth), and two, if all the work is done by sending signals that civilians can't pick up there's no need to worry about someone listening in.

HAARP's Patent papers state the following:

"Thus, this invention provides the ability to put unprecedented amounts of power in the Earth's atmosphere at strategic locations and to maintain the power injection level particularly if random pulsing is employed, in a manner far more precise and better controlled than heretofore accomplished by the prior art, particularly by detonation of nuclear devices of various yields at various altitudes... "

"...it is possible not only to interfere with third party communications but to take advantage of one or more such beams to carry out a communications network even though the rest of the world's communications are disrupted. Put another way, what is used to disrupt another's communications can be employed by one knowledgeable of this invention as a communication network at the same time."

"... large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction."

"Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device.

... molecular modifications of the atmosphere can take place so that positive environmental effects can be achieved. Besides actually changing the molecular composition of an atmospheric region, a particular molecule or molecules can be chosen for increased presence. For example, ozone, nitrogen, etc., concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased."
(these are of course translated into layman's terms)

Since their patent states that weather manipulation is possible, I'd say that the HAARP website is a little misleading, trying to calm the masses and quiet the sheople.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah I guess it must be a failed rocket launch if you think so.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
its been said and demonstrated, what happen when u heat the ionsphere up

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join