It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by XUAFxOmega

I didn't say anything about a hoax. This is more likely a mass misidentification, mass confusion, and mass stupidity.

Many witnesses say they are balloons....but those witnesses are ignored because "believers" don't want to believe they are balloons, so they only listen to the confused people who probably need their eyes checked, or didn't have a means for zooming in and seeing the objects.

You wern't there so how do you know they were balloons? Eye's can deceive you, especially cameras.

If you were there, you would of probably had a different story all together.

Funny thing is we have 50% of people arguing it is a hoax, and 50% of people arguing its Alien.

What a terrible waste of energy, and we should all be focusing on more important things, and more important subjects.

Grow up people. We are not in grade school anymore. We are spose to be adults, and yet this forum contains loads of childish crap.

No wonder why people don't take you seriously.

Grow up

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Thank you, it seems I could very well have been wrong.

Still you greyscaled it, correct?
The balloons released were yellow, I would like to see the same effect done without the color distortion.

Also, why the aggressive language? With the evidence you posted I would assume you were more mature than that.
Anyway, I can see where your comming from. Very well could be balloons.
But why is it officially "Unconfirmed" as of yet? Why is it that in all the films of the "Yellow balloons" you can see color, but the object captured by ABC is grey?
They would have to be grey balloons, not yellow, right?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
Please ease up on the name calling.

I didn't call anyone names...

I and I am certain many of our fellow ATSers do not appreciate being grouped into being called stupid in any semantical method just because we are awaiting for further data and do not accept your constant hammering.

Thank You,

t

I didn't call anyone stupid.... I said this sighting just may be caused by mass stupidity.. Is it not one of many possibilities? If you were "open minded" like many others claim to be, you would know "mass stupidity" is one of many possibilities which could explain why people think these are "ufos" and not balloons.

Also.... what are you waiting for? Many witnesses claim they are balloons... New reporters say they were balloons.... there just happened to be a mass balloon release on that day..... some say the "ufos" were yellow, and the mass balloon release happened to be yellow balloons.... The "ufos" look like balloons.... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

You expect someone to go back in time and shoot down a balloon and show you the rubber remains? You want to wait for more video that is just going to show close ups of balloons?

link   
reply to post by 0ne10
[more

Your right, balloons move in formation, they dock with other balloons and have military jets checking them out at 60,000 feet.

We here in New York are dumb. There was a Columbus day parade, tons of balloons released, we have events every day, i see balloons all over Manhattan, none, fly in patterns and move like chess pieces.

I hope you'll find the proof you need, I really do.

link   

reply to post by leeko

Wrong about what???

Many witnesses claim they were just balloons! They look exactly like balloons!

All the people who say they are not balloons are probably really confused or blind.... it happens.

Many witnesses claim they were just balloons!

sorry but only one witnesses said that on the news your probably been confused with that statement from abc video as a fact.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If you say the shape I will laugh in your face.

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
the shape of it doesn't tell me they are balloons.

Am I the only one that thinks "Agent USA Supporter's" actions are questionable?

I think your actions are questionable.

img225.imageshack.us...

and

img819.imageshack.us...

lend credence to each other that they are pictures of the same object. The video footage more so to the photograph, of course, but they sure look similar to me.

A picture of yellow balloons on the ground next to either of those images does not compare, even with your color editing and photoshopping.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Crimelab because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by brigand
The best way to discredit something with actual truth is to contaminate the scene and or story with disinformation. In the case of the NYC UFO, the people saw something.. they didn't see balloons, they saw something else.. something they couldn't explain. Floating balloons don't make the MSM and they certainly don't cause a stir within NYC.. these people aren't fools.

The fact that balloons were released is just that.. disinformation to discredit the REAL event.

Wake up people.. this is how it is done and how it has been done for years..

One picture of a real alien (yes, there are plenty and you've seen them if you've looked) will be surounded by 5 pictures of fake aliens.. anyone who uses street logic will conclude that if 4/5 images are fake the 5th must be fake as well.. it makes sense to try and group things into logical categories and that is how our brains work.

After all the attacks it is nice to see some logic still finding some light.

Appreciate the posting and can only hope that we can do as Dr. Love requested and try to move on...

Regards

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
radar.weather.gov...

The radar anomalies are still there.... maybe it is ground interferance... if it is then id say it completely discredits the the NORAD officer, because he likely knew about ground interference and then used a picture of it in his video, knowing that its a common occurrence and that it would likely be there on the 13th thus selling more books from the hysteria it causes..... or there cloaked mother ships. I hope there motherships.... Apparently the entire US economy is supposed to collapse on the 20th. Ill be waiting.
edit on 14-10-2010 by pmckart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by brigand
The best way to discredit something with actual truth is to contaminate the scene and or story with disinformation. In the case of the NYC UFO, the people saw something.. they didn't see balloons, they saw something else.. something they couldn't explain. Floating balloons don't make the MSM and they certainly don't cause a stir within NYC.. these people aren't fools.

The fact that balloons were released is just that.. disinformation to discredit the REAL event.

Wake up people.. this is how it is done and how it has been done for years..

One picture of a real alien (yes, there are plenty and you've seen them if you've looked) will be surounded by 5 pictures of fake aliens.. anyone who uses street logic will conclude that if 4/5 images are fake the 5th must be fake as well.. it makes sense to try and group things into logical categories and that is how our brains work.

This person makes sense. Look at what happened on 9-11. How many convenient coincidences can a sane person consider?

For you and I, we simply can't imagine how/who this can be pulled off. It's beyond a normal non-sinister's' comprehension!

What makes this even more perplexing is, this happened in the same city (that holds so many unanswered questions regarding 9-11 as it is....) and on a day that, so many anticipated this UFO sighting.

Although I am pretty sure how 9-11 went down, yesterdays event is still too early with way too many variables to conclude anything!

Great post brigand!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Please ease up on the name calling.

I didn't call anyone names...

I and I am certain many of our fellow ATSers do not appreciate being grouped into being called stupid in any semantical method just because we are awaiting for further data and do not accept your constant hammering.

Thank You,

t

I didn't call anyone stupid.... I said this sighting just may be caused by mass stupidity.. Is it not one of many possibilities? If you were "open minded" like many others claim to be, you would know "mass stupidity" is one of many possibilities which could explain why people think these are "ufos" and not balloons.

Also.... what are you waiting for? Many witnesses claim they are balloons... New reporters say they were balloons.... there just happened to be a mass balloon release on that day..... some say the "ufos" were yellow, and the mass balloon release happened to be yellow balloons.... The "ufos" look like balloons.... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

You expect someone to go back in time and shoot down a balloon and show you the rubber remains? You want to wait for more video that is just going to show close ups of balloons?

I even said "Please" & "Thank You" and still...

Where ever your anger comes from you have my sympathy.

Be Well,

t

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by leeko

People this guy was there. As much as you want to believe it was just balloons we have to listen to those who were on the scene. Sitting in our arm chairs is no vantage point.

I can post a photo of an alien but that doesnt make it so. Just as posting photos of balloons doesnt make it so.

I cant believe that so many could be fooled by balloons. What new yorker is gonna stop their day to stare at balloons.

Multiple reports of scrambled jets. AND irrefutable evidence of an evacuation of airport facilities. Really two plus two doesnt equal four?

Add predictions by a NORAD officer and the balance is tipping. I will believe whatever side has more evidence. Notice I dont cite the other world encounters seattle, china etc. Why? Cuz those have little backing.

The NY citing has hard corroborating evidence.

1) eye witnesses who describe flying in formation
2) coincidental evacuation of airport facilities
3) video of a large scatter of shiny objects
4) video and testimony of a street level individual describing "pandemonium", m16s and police/fire excited
5) a prediction by a NORAD officer
6) previous claims that flying objects were balloons which were later refuted by credible individuals on the scene at the tiem.
7) video of hundreds of other New Yorkers gawking in unison.

vs.

1) a simultaneous release of balloons

What more do we need? The answer is obvious. Some will never believe no matter what evidence is presented. Just as some believe on scant evidence.

Which brings me to another point. We know that some will never believe. I wonder what effect this will have if in fact it were actually happening. Would they delay taking proper measures? Proper cover?

Those that believe on scant evidence have harmed the process in being subjects of ridicule for believing where no good basis to believe lies. So this we know. The bigger question is how will the naysayers effect our reaction?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maluminse
reply to post by leeko

People this guy was there. As much as you want to believe it was just balloons we have to listen to those who were on the scene. Sitting in our arm chairs is no vantage point.

I can post a photo of an alien but that doesnt make it so. Just as posting photos of balloons doesnt make it so.

I cant believe that so many could be fooled by balloons. What new yorker is gonna stop their day to stare at balloons.

Multiple reports of scrambled jets. AND irrefutable evidence of an evacuation of airport facilities. Really two plus two doesnt equal four?

Add predictions by a NORAD officer and the balance is tipping. I will believe whatever side has more evidence. Notice I dont cite the other world encounters seattle, china etc. Why? Cuz those have little backing.

4) video and testimony of a street level individual describing "pandemonium", m16s and police/fire excited
6) previous claims that flying objects were balloons which were later refuted by credible individuals on the scene at the tiem.

vs.

What more do we need? The answer is obvious. Some will never believe no matter what evidence is presented. Just as some believe on scant evidence.

Which brings me to another point. We know that some will never believe. I wonder what effect this will have if in fact it were actually happening. Would they delay taking proper measures? Proper cover?

Those that believe on scant evidence have harmed the process in being subjects of ridicule for believing where no good basis to believe lies. So this we know. The bigger question is how will the naysayers effect our reaction?

Really he was there says who you and because you know this how?
do you know what a mass balloon release even looks like?

I am sorry but there is still no evidence of your balloons yet

Hmm sigh i wonder how many were they released ?

credible individuals ? you mean the media? oh and are still you believing that one guy on that abc video which states he believes they are balloons.

Skeptics will use either balloons from balloon lanterns.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thekid90
You responded to Ruin's earthcam video, saying there's a time lapse, that's why the vehicles were moving so fast. When he explained that there's a 30second between each frame you claim that jets are able to do that.

Enter Ruin claimed the objects were moving faster than jets, and then showed a video of fast moving objects without mentioning that there is 30 seconds between each image. I told him that they are moving exactly the speed of normal jets... Enter Ruin doesn't believe that.

WRONG. Enter Ruin claimed no human vehicle can travel that quickly. I claimed they are NOT moving quickly, and claimed they are moving at normal jet speeds.

Care to quote me saying they were moving faster than jets? I NEVER said that, oh please quote me on that, jeez, I go for a few moments (because I have a life unlike other people that have time to post over 155 posts in ONE THREAD in less than a day) and people start making things up about me, or adding words in my sentences for their convenience..

btw I did a little research about the winds of yesterday in New York, and I would like you to take a look at this:

this are from yesterday, and if you scroll down you will see the times and wind speeds, which makes me want to ask you, HOVER ON THE SAME SPOT? FOR DAYS?

Also, depending on wind conditions, balloons can fly and hover for several hours, maybe even days. Prove me wrong or shush.

You do know what the word Hover means right? Witnesses say on the same spot, EVEN THOSE WHO BELIEVED THEM TO BE NOTHING BUT BALLOONS! (source), well guess what I found on the weather..

www.wunderground.com...

It seems that all day there were changes on the wind, going between 2, and 8 miles per hour, probably you would say, "THAT'S NOTHING", but a balloon, even in 1mph, it would move, because it's so light that even the slightest wind moves it, it's impossible for a balloon to hover on the same spot for 7 hours appx. and that's without counting the Wind Gusts... if you count those oh boy...

You don't know what a wind gust is? NO PROBLEM! Here, it explains what it is:
www.weather.gov...

OH Also other thing, filled with helium, that means it goes UP, it never goes down, HOVERS IN ONE SPOT, then moves.

You don't believe in witnesses? then why are you here? they obviously know more than you because they SAW the objects and the movements the objects did with their own eyes. You weren't there, you didn't see anything, you can't say the testimony of DOZENS if not HUNDREDS of people that saw this is not accountable. You sir are a bigger fail than James E. Mcgaha

Another detail I noticed, you said the balloons were silver, but RICHtrollENGLAND posted a picture with yellow balloons... can you non-believers get the story straight?

Sources:
www.millersrentals.com...
uk.answers.yahoo.com...
www.wunderground.com...
www.weather.gov...
www.myfoxny.com... (Video)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ok, I'm done with this topic... I can't believe ATS allows this obvious denial and blind ignorance to continue.

How can you sit there and deny that a group of spheres looks like a group of balloons? I don't get it...

What is going on here? It seems like there is a large group of people set out to make up b.s. and deny everything that could ever explain anything ufo related. It really seems like the real "agents" are pushing false sightings, and helping deny any and all rational logical thought that explains how they are false.

UFOlogy is turning into a sick and twisted game of "believe everything, deny nothing".

I believe aliens could exist, I believe they could visit Earth if they had the technology, I have seen UFOs that I couldn't explain fully... I am a "believer". But I don't believe B.S. and I don't make excuses for B.S. sightings.

Why are the new age believers so crappy at identifying things? Why are the new age believers dismissing all evidence? Why are they in denial?

Whats really going on here? Why is it getting easier and easier to fool "believers"?? It should be getting harder...

edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XUAFxOmega

those actually look like a cluster of lights balloons dont keep clustered that very long once released in the air not even when they are tied together

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maluminse
reply to post by leeko

vs.

Very well stated...
Finaly some one who can add things 2gether people

now the question we should ask... for those who think it is....and figure out what color is the wool, covering our eyes???

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Excellent point Ruin. Balloons hovering for hours at high altitude is harder to believe then an alien hiding in a kids closet eating peanut butter candy.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Whats really going on here? Why is it getting easier and easier too fool "believers"??

Because its easier to criticize and be safe then believe and at risk. The net has taught us this. Gather in herds and normalcy for safety. Stray and you will be chastised by the masses - how many shows, youtube videos are about making fun of others?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Ok, I'm done with this topic... I can't believe ATS allows this obvious denial and blind ignorance to continue.

How can you sit there and deny that a group of spheres looks like a group of balloons? I don't get it...

What is going on here? It seems like there is a large group of people set out to make up b.s. and deny everything that could ever explain anything ufo related. It really seems like the real "agents" are pushing false sightings, and helping deny any and all rational logical thought that explains how they are false.

UFOlogy is turning into a sick and twisted game of "believe everything, deny nothing".

I believe aliens could exist, I believe they could visit Earth if they had the technology, I have seen UFOs that I couldn't explain fully... I am a "believer". But I don't believe B.S. and I don't make excuses for B.S. sightings.

Why are the new age believers so crappy and identifying things? Why are the new age believers dismissing all evidence? Why are they in denial?

Whats really going on here? Why is it getting easier and easier too fool "believers"??

So your leaving the topic without any posted real evidence of a mass release of balloons and one last question you weren't there in NY were you?

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join