It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has posted about this video this thread kinda blew up quickly....

this is just proof the general public is not ready for disclosure
the music..
the clip from close encounter of the 3rd
All the general snickering

Its laughable the way these media "types" are handling this...
even tho its the number one searched thing right now on yahoo. Shows that the public red blood wanna know and there getting some joke fest...

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 14-10-2010 by antibren because: forgot vid :/

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

2) coincidental evacuation of airport facilities

I agree with almost everything you wrote with the exception of the quote above. No airport facilities were closed. The FAA facility which was evacuated was the radar Center (ARTCC) on Long Island. And even so, 25 controllers stayed on the job to keep the traffic moving albeit at a reduced rate.

Other than that, congratulations for the well thought out summary.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by maluminse
reply to post by leeko

People this guy was there. As much as you want to believe it was just balloons we have to listen to those who were on the scene. Sitting in our arm chairs is no vantage point.

I can post a photo of an alien but that doesnt make it so. Just as posting photos of balloons doesnt make it so.

I cant believe that so many could be fooled by balloons. What new yorker is gonna stop their day to stare at balloons.

Multiple reports of scrambled jets. AND irrefutable evidence of an evacuation of airport facilities. Really two plus two doesnt equal four?

Add predictions by a NORAD officer and the balance is tipping. I will believe whatever side has more evidence. Notice I dont cite the other world encounters seattle, china etc. Why? Cuz those have little backing.

The NY citing has hard corroborating evidence.

1) eye witnesses who describe flying in formation
2) coincidental evacuation of airport facilities
3) video of a large scatter of shiny objects
4) video and testimony of a street level individual describing "pandemonium", m16s and police/fire excited
5) a prediction by a NORAD officer
6) previous claims that flying objects were balloons which were later refuted by credible individuals on the scene at the tiem.
7) video of hundreds of other New Yorkers gawking in unison.

vs.

1) a simultaneous release of balloons

What more do we need? The answer is obvious. Some will never believe no matter what evidence is presented. Just as some believe on scant evidence.

Which brings me to another point. We know that some will never believe. I wonder what effect this will have if in fact it were actually happening. Would they delay taking proper measures? Proper cover?

Those that believe on scant evidence have harmed the process in being subjects of ridicule for believing where no good basis to believe lies. So this we know. The bigger question is how will the naysayers effect our reaction?

Agreed. I believe an objective analysis of all the evidence presented thus far from the actual witnesses on hand should ascertain that the objects were in fact unusual and definitely not balloons clustered together at ridiculously high altitudes...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

seems as if people on ATS are out to get each other more than the aliens out to get me, from under my bed

also seems as if alot of people joined ATS yesterday becuz of what they saw...just curious why is that?

edit on 14-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: add/change

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

This news station used the same image that everyone thinks is fake.
I'm telling you guy's, this isn't a joke. Somethings going down, although I don't know what.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antibren
I dont know if anyone has posted about this video this thread kinda blew up quickly....

this is just proof the general public is not ready for disclosure
the music..
the clip from close encounter of the 3rd
All the general snickering

Its laughable the way these media "types" are handling this...
even tho its the number one searched thing right now on yahoo. Shows that the public red blood wanna know and there getting some joke fest...

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 14-10-2010 by antibren because: forgot vid :/

and whats this?

Authorities have no answers about the mysterious object floating over Manhattan.

that's interesting isnt it? i guess that rebuffs the theory of your balloon theory.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
Ok, I'm done with this topic... I can't believe ATS allows this obvious denial and blind ignorance to continue.

How can you sit there and deny that a group of spheres looks like a group of balloons? I don't get it...

What is going on here? It seems like there is a large group of people set out to make up b.s. and deny everything that could ever explain anything ufo related. It really seems like the real "agents" are pushing false sightings, and helping deny any and all rational logical thought that explains how they are false.

UFOlogy is turning into a sick and twisted game of "believe everything, deny nothing".

I believe aliens could exist, I believe they could visit Earth if they had the technology, I have seen UFOs that I couldn't explain fully... I am a "believer". But I don't believe B.S. and I don't make excuses for B.S. sightings.

Why are the new age believers so crappy at identifying things? Why are the new age believers dismissing all evidence? Why are they in denial?

Whats really going on here? Why is it getting easier and easier to fool "believers"?? It should be getting harder...

edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

yes you're "done" with this topic, leave when you can't make a proper reply on what I told you, give your back to the facts Im showing you.. leave to your threatened safety zone called "close mind".

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yet we still don't know the answer whether it was balloons or ufos

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
im waiting till tonight to watch the cam to see if its planes. or not.. :/

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

This how a mass release of balloons looks like
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

This isn't what people saw.
balloons dont stay very long in the sky because of the pressure, which makes them pop in the end.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Let re post the ufo from NYC
img225.imageshack.us...
img819.imageshack.us...

So again how can they be balloons, with different colors while the balloons on the ground were yellow like the video i have posted above?

Not to mention the shapes dont match with a balloon.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
ok ok ok...

I have a few constructive questions for you guys.

1) Why were the objects grey/silver and the balloons released yellow?
2) If they were balloons released from a festival of some kind, the authorities would have been aware. However, the objects were unidentified, and still are. It made a giant buzz ok, authorities would have told us if they were balloons, still they didn't. Actually, there's the troll claiming these are balloons, some media, and one eye witness. So that leaves us with maybe a thousands other witnesses who either don't know what it was, or are sure they're NOT balloons. Why didn't the city claimed they were balloons?
3) Concerning that NOAA weather radar thing, I saw the video of Fulham where he describes and shows the anomalies which were supposed to happen on October 13th. It happened, exactly as he said. However, there seem to be small anomalies right now, as I write. I wonder how does this radar work. I mean, anyone here know if it's "normal". Also, I'd like to know what the color mean (dbz?)
4) Why did nothing show on radars when the supposed balloons were up. I read somewhere that they would have been detected, yet, no radar anomalies there.

Seriously guys, as this phenomenon is still unexplained by authorities/ATS members, I think it's just normal to ask for more data. I mean, we could go with that balloon theory, still it doesn't really make sense. Sure, it's the easy path to go, but the actual data we have seems to invalidate that balloon theory...

As for the lights seen on the Earth Cam yesterday, probably they were jets. Still, there are some weird things with it. First of all, they've been filmed ON GROUND, and it did look like an orb. The guy who was filming said it was moving toward him. Getting back to the Earth cam, they surely seemed to fly in pattern, hovering, changing direction, but there was ONE big light source that couldn't be identified. I believe I read somewhere it was Venus, but I doubt the planet could be THAT bright...Any input on that?

Anyways, I hope some of you will be able to answer some of my questions. I do believe something abnormal happened yesterday...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Just the Way the morning show and other media outlets are handling the situation w/jokes ; the video is just hilarious it looks like a spoof on the what to I was referring to the "red blood" of america general outlook

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, I took a interesting approach to yesterdays event.

I decided not to follow this thread very much, instead, I flipped on the news to see what was happening there.

Good news, the miners have been rescued...sadly, they did not find ET down there with them...so.

Dots on a youtube video...I have seen before, no change.

incidently, is there any consensus going on as to what it was? some balloons tied together or something?

The news is that they were unidentified floating balloons, or something... you have to pick a side to confirm your agenda.

Hoax, Viral event, military drones, or orbs... no ones really said ET but I say they're all in on it.

Chilean miners found? Hope those kids are ok, oprah runs an orphanage or something does... OHHHh Miners!! Ahh.. yeah, all clean cut and shaved I bet... Why no one called hoax on that I'll never know... the first dude looked like he'd just won a soccer award as he came out of the shoot... I bet they all died and Chile was too embarrassed to admit it, and put actors in their place. Yeah...

cool false flag for the UFO's coming. Next stop, war with china !!!!!!

seriously, haha, I think I still have no concrete evidence of balloons let alone ufos. and as always, ufo doesnt need to mean ET.

link   
reply to post by leeko

Thanks Leeko for coming forward and explaining what you (Actually saw) I have been following this incident closely and I believe something out of the ordinary happened yesterday. don't let the small minded bigots, brainwash you ..You witnessed something you cannot explain, as I did, when I was 'knee high to a grass hopper'. That was over thirty years ago and I still have not come to a conclusion, but I know there is some kind of science,out there, we do not understand..We as a species are still learning.

One things for sure though, I feel embarrassed calling myself English.

Good night truth seekers.

I

link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by lee anoma
I'm going to ask for what most reasonable skeptics do.
Got any proof of the 4chan thing, Rich?

- Lee

ive already explained it a few times but nobody has been listening, like i said, its impossible to prove but there's already enough evidence to make it look extremely suspicious.

read my last few posts.

I did.

I am asking you to PROVE your last few posts.
You provided no evidence at all.

I guess I could just "take your word" for it, but that of course would be silly, right?

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by Gab1159

the balloon picture wasn't just from any day though was it?. hence the news article i also provided showing the balloons and telling the story and date, WHICH YOU CONVENIENTLY IGNORED

www.theepochtimes.com...
now where is the evidence of anything except planes and balloons ?.

Wow that's a lot of "LOLs" there Rich.

So New York City Deputy Mayor Robert Steel was in on this too?
Wait, are these State employees the 4Chan members that released the balloons for a hoax you allege?

Which is it Rich?

A release of balloons to welcomed Madrid officials, or a massive 4chan hoax to validated that obscure NORAD prophecy?

You're coming across as grasping at straws.

- Lee
edit on 14-10-2010 by lee anoma because: format

edit on 14-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I watched and participated in this thread earlier, and as of now the only conclusions that I can make are these:

1. Something happened in NYC that made New Yorkers stop and look up. (no easy feat)
2. "Objects" were in the sky. What those objects are is still up for debate.
3. The strange weather patterns on doppler radar last night were indeed "ground clutter".
4. The MSM stopped and paid attention to this. One outlet even filmed Jupiter and its moons.

5. There are tons of credible witnesses, with pics and videos of the "objects".
6. Some have purported to be faked (see the now infamous @jasondiamond on his October 9th slip here: twitter.com... when I click on the pic link it cannot be found...and how he posted this status 11:12 A.M. Oct 9th via SocialScope. Also his profile is quite suspicious as his website is listed here: MBS Productions and their services include: "We Direct, Produce, Edit, design Broadcast Graphics and Visual Effects and provide Digital Lab services.")
Indeed. Suspicious.
7. Several members of ATS claim that the night of the 13th was rife with anomalous lights via the NYC earthcam. (I am not an aviation expert so cannot form a for or against opinion of this, but I do lean towards normal plane activity)

...it has been fascinating, yes, something happened, but no, it was not the greatest sighting of all time...it was mediocre at best IMHO. I'm still waiting for them to land a mothership in the middle of central park...until then, keep watching the skies, and keep up the great work guys!
edit on 14-10-2010 by AutOmatIc because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
most of the locals are saying balloons but this did make the news papers and nightly news. kinda cool that it was here and the balloons (or whatever) were not easy to spot. I have a crystal clear, unobstructed view of the area where they were and I saw nothing. of course, silver mylar balloons can be hard to spot if the sun isn't hitting them just right.

Plus they tend to pop once reaching a certain height.

giving clues to why some seemed to disappear suddenly.

still..

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
the officer said this is the first step!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-10-2010 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This page has the bundle of balloons tied together.
link

But those two snake eyes are a mighty tip off that a triangle craft is underneath
all the bright illumination.

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join